Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. - Business To Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business To Business / Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. (7250 Views)

How to boost your amazon kindle publishing KDP sale / Complete Dropshipping Website With Paypal And Social Pages / Setup And Run Your Facebook Ads Campaign For Any Business, Website And Pages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by Blabbermouth: 9:21pm On Feb 26, 2020
iLegendd:

Extra info I typed vanished when my browser crashed. No strength to retype.
1. Ah!!!! Please re-type. Don't allow your browser to block my joy.
I asked this because I am using your technique for my keyword research in book publishing. There was a part where you said *This and that* is heavily searched on amazon. Yet, I couldn't figure out how you knew.
How do I know this phrase or that phrase is heavily searched on amazon bar?
2. Can I use that same keyword and title research strategy for merch-keting?
I want to create another stream of income from Print on Demand platforms.
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 9:27pm On Feb 26, 2020
Blabbermouth:

1. Ah!!!! Please re-type. Don't allow your browser to block my joy.
I asked this because I am using your technique for my keyword research in book publishing. There was a part where you said *This and that* is heavily searched on amazon. Yet, I couldn't figure out how you knew.
How do I know this phrase or that phrase is heavily searched on amazon bar?
2. Can I use that same keyword and title research strategy for merch-keting?
I want to create another stream of income from Print on Demand platforms.

Forget Merch for now. KDP is WAY better. After you've succeeded with KDP, you can give it a try.

I don't really want to talk about anything in that book at the moment. To know if something is heavily searched, Publisher Rockét will help. Or, you can use free sites like sonar-tool, keywordeverywhere, etc.

1 Like

Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by Nobody: 10:16pm On Feb 26, 2020
iLegendd:

Forget Merch for now. KDP is WAY better. After you've succeeded with KDP, you can give it a try.

I don't really want to talk about anything in that book at the moment. To know if something is heavily searched, Publisher Rockét will help. Or, you can use free sites like sonar-tool, keywordeverywhere, etc.
Good

1 Like

Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by Blabbermouth: 10:41pm On Feb 26, 2020
iLegendd:

Thanks for your time.
Please, I still have few questions to ask.
1. What book cover size matches the book formatting document you sent then.
2. Do I have to design for both paperback and kindle separately? Or do I just design for paperback and amazon automatically takes fits the cover design for my kindle.
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 10:53pm On Feb 26, 2020
Blabbermouth:

Thanks for your time.
Please, I still have few questions to ask.
1. What book cover size matches the book formatting document you sent then.
2. Do I have to design for both paperback and kindle separately? Or do I just design for paperback and amazon automatically takes fits the cover design for my kindle.

1. Visit https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/cover-templates and select a trim size of 5.5x8.5, then type how many pages the book is and download the cover guide.

2. Design with that paperback cover guide you downloaded in number 1 and save. When it's time to upload the Kindle version, edit it by removing (cropping) the back cover and spine and only save the front.

1 Share

Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by myjourneysofar: 2:14am On Feb 28, 2020
iLegendd:

Yes, if it calls for it. In fact, it makes the book more interesting.
GBP? Just a preference.
Can I sell same book in KDP and in PublisherDrive?
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 8:46am On Feb 28, 2020
myjourneysofar:

Can I sell same book in KDP and in PublisherDrive?

Yes. As long as the book is not on Amazon Kindle. Though, smart people have a way of eating their cakes and having it back. That, I won't want to explain to avoid abuse of that technique.
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by myjourneysofar: 2:43am On Feb 29, 2020
iLegendd:

Yes. As long as the book is not on Amazon Kindle. Though, smart people have a way of eating their cakes and having it back. That, I won't want to explain to avoid abuse of that technique.

As long as long as not in Amazon kindle or kindle select?
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 8:52am On Feb 29, 2020
myjourneysofar:

As long as long as not in Amazon kindle or kindle select?

Select.
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by Blabbermouth: 7:31pm On Mar 01, 2020
iLegendd:

Select.
I tried uploading one paperback today but amazon was being silly.
They said part of the book content (manuscript) was exceeding the trim line, so I need to edit it. How do I go about that?
2. I moved on and uploaded the kindle version so I can link it back to the paperback later. Now, the kindle version is under review.
I want to make a bit of formatting for the kindle manuscript. Is it possible to do that?
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 8:38pm On Mar 01, 2020
Blabbermouth:

I tried uploading one paperback today but amazon was being silly.
They said part of the book content (manuscript) was exceeding the trim line, so I need to edit it. How do I go about that?
2. I moved on and uploaded the kindle version so I can link it back to the paperback later. Now, the kindle version is under review.
I want to make a bit of formatting for the kindle manuscript. Is it possible to do that?

Formatting is a monster of its own and trust me, I go through rejections too. Just follow their guide by clicking that link on your upload page to take you to an Amazon page where all info are laid out

Also, you can search how to format an Amazon paperback book on YouTube to get a video guide.

They will auto-link it themselves. After 3 or 7 days of not auto-linking it, you can now send them a message to do it manually.
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by ufotty2001: 12:32pm On Mar 06, 2020
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by ufotty2001: 12:33pm On Mar 06, 2020
iLegendd:

Formatting is a monster of its own and trust me, I go through rejections too. Just follow their guide by clicking that link on your upload page to take you to an Amazon page where all info are laid out

Also, you can search how to format an Amazon paperback book on YouTube to get a video guide.

They will auto-link it themselves. After 3 or 7 days of not auto-linking it, you can now send them a message to do it manually.
12:32pm
Please, what are the techniques that can assist me in writing.. it takes me alot of time consuming .. will u say 4books is ok per month?
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by iLegendd(m): 6:14pm On Mar 06, 2020
ufotty2001:
12:32pm
Please, what are the techniques that can assist me in writing.. it takes me alot of time consuming .. will u say 4books is ok per month?

Sadly, I don't really know of any technique, but if I do, it's way too complicated to explain and I'm not ready for such an epistle for now.

Four books? It's okay to most, but not to some. It all depends on you.
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by gloniks: 12:42pm On May 19, 2020
iLegendd:

Sadly, I don't really know of any technique, but if I do, it's way too complicated to explain and I'm not ready for such an epistle for now.

Four books? It's okay to most, but not to some. It all depends on you.

Thanks a lot Sir for these tips you are giving us, but pls I have typed my book Sir but I don't have a laptop as it was stolen by armed robbers making me to type with my phone. I have been using wps and Ms word for android, pls how do I go about the whole formatting process.

Thanks.
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by jehovalives: 8:53pm On May 20, 2020
iLegendd:
Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED.

The bigger your book, the more money Amazon makes, but the smaller your book, the more money you make.

So, having a big book is not a good thing. Though, if you consider putting it on KDP Select or having an audio version, then the bigger the book, the better the income.

The most important thing is the quality and knowing how to optimize for a better ROI.

I'll use my yesterdays upload as a lecture.

1. What is the shorted paperback book I can publish?

Answer

The shortest is 24 pages.

2. What is the word count of 24 pages?

Answer

It has no specific word count. Your formatting and page size will determine.

3. What is the best paper size format to use?

Answer

None is the best, but I use 5.25 x 8 most of the time. In fact, I use it 98% of the time. If the book is too big or a bundle that is too big, I use 6x9 to make it fit.

4. What is the highest pages of book Amazon allows to be published?

Answer

It's 830 pages, but you need to submit not more than 828 pages. The extra two will be used for front and back cover.

Typing...
d legend pls I have issue with getting the perfect size for my paperback cover, pls what app can I use for it I used Microsoft publisher can u enlighten me.
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by Seersam(m): 11:34am On May 27, 2020
DEGREE2466:

I wrote this article some months back. I'm sure you will get the answer that you are looking for here. You can read up the websites/apps that you can use to design the cover book as well as render it into 3D format for totally free. You don't have to be a graphic designer or pay heavily for a cover book to publish your book.

https://earnonlinebiz.com/how-design-ebook-cover-3d-format-free/ The link is not going through
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by DEGREE2466(m): 8:22am On Jun 08, 2020
[quote author=Seersam post=90010782][/quote]

Bro, I stopped renewing the domain name so the website is no longer online.

I have migrated to another website but I can upload the article in Google docs for you to access
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by Seersam(m): 10:39am On Jun 08, 2020
DEGREE2466:

Bro, I stopped renewing the domain name so the website is no longer online.

I have migrated to another website but I can upload the article in Google docs for you to access
Thanks bro, so how can I get access to it?
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jun 09, 2020
iLegendd:
Continuation of your questions...

Hello ilegendd, please what do you suggest I send as documentation here?

Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by DEGREE2466(m): 5:59pm On Jun 15, 2020
Seersam:
Thanks bro, so how can I get access to it?

Because you asked... Here you have it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12rUlH9B-DEcvxXI0u4By9Mcz3k6K4TvHd8ox9KWIqok/edit?usp=sharing
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 23, 2020
Finally, I am learning skills from your threads, wonderful wink
Re: Kindle Direct Publishing: How Many Pages Should My Book Be? ANSWERED. by Thane(m): 12:45pm On Nov 05, 2020
Goodmorning boss ilegendd , please i have been on kdp since march, my first account was banned. By July I opened another one and I currently have 6 books but I haven't seen much sales, my sales so far are
July - $8
August - $53
Sept - $12
October - $15

This is very frustrating because of the amount of work I have put in the business. I really need help.
Is there any way I can reach you? or you can reach me if you I will really appreciate sir.
0703290 9591 thanedominic@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Interested In Becoming A Distributor? / Send/receive Yuan (¥¥) From Nigeria To China / Buy Bitcoins At The Most Affordable Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.