Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,762 members, 7,820,650 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Diary Of A Divorced City Girl - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Diary Of A Divorced City Girl (1713 Views)

Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). / Marrying A Divorced Lady / A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Diary Of A Divorced City Girl by AloyEmeka5: 2:38am On Oct 19, 2010
The worst thing you can do to a man is criticize his weapon!
Diary of a Divorced City Girl
Sunday, October 17, 2010

By Cnadida

Why is it that it's the volatile relationships that hit the skids faster than the couple could really get to know each other? They transit from living in each other's pockets or being virtually joined at the hip to hurling hateful words at each other.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/oct/17/335.html

The rippling effects of such a relationship are often more interesting than the relationship itself. I couldn't help these thought flashing through my mind when Akins, a close friend of Remi recently spent some time with me in my office. When he was shown into my office, he looked like a bereaved trying to grapple with his loss.

Some five years ago, Remi, a former assistant who'd kept in touch had met and married Eddy who she termed the love of her life. She earned more than he did, lived in her own flat and had a good car whilst all Eddy had going for him was a job that paid irregular salaries, a chap-trap car and a pad shared with three other guys.

Talk about love being blind. Remi was sure she could reverse her beau' s fortunes and tried her darndest to do that when they got married. Afterall, she loved him and love could conquer all. She helped him move his things to her flat which was very impressive.

Within couple of a years, their passionate sessions in the bedroom had turned into shouting matches. Money went through Eddy's hands like water through a sieve – and he didn't give a hoot what he did to get it.

He lied, cajoled and threatened his wife if she wasn't forth coming with ready cash. Remi, by now was regretting her hasty decision to get married so soon to a man that was obviously a loafer. The birth of their daughter didn't change him and Remi was seriously thinking of packing in the marriage when she ran into Akins at a traditional wedding ceremony.

He was the 'father of the day' at the occasion. A royal father, he looked fairly young and was educated. When he started flirting with Remi who was a close friend of the bride's mother, they sort of clicked.

"He wasn't fazed by my being married", Remi had excitedly confessed months after they started an affair. "As a matter of fact, he is saving this marriage. He gives me a generous allowance every month and had told me I was welcome to be one of his wives if Eddy didn't mend his ways. The problem is that I love Eddy – he is a stud. Akins isn't all that hot in the bedroom. As a matter of fact, he's not hot at all. Makes me feel a bit guilty taking all that money from him for services not rendered!"

Eddy continued to be even more reckless that Remi eventually walked out of the marriage and into the arms of her sympathetic lover. He moved her into one of the chalet in his palace and was visible with her at social functions. Surprisingly, Eddy was heartbroken.

He wept like a baby when his wife left him. When she stoically refused to come back,"he relocated abroad. A few years later, he came back home, sort out his wife and begged her to come back with.

He'd not only gotten a good job, he had a flat and he was sure they would both be happy away from the prying eyes of 'btli bellies'! Remi Akins smelling any rat. He was obviously shocked by this development when he eventually found out and pleaded with Remi' s close friend through whom they met to have a word with her – at least to let him know whYJhe' d been so thoughtlessly tossed over like a used rag.

The friend sent Remi an e-mail and she promptly reply as honestly as she'd always been with a close friend. The traitor of a friend then printed the e-mail and gave a copy to Akins. The poor m~t?c,w in my office, pressing the e-mail into my hand and urging me to read it.

I did a double-take as I read and re-read the mail. In it, Remi had explained whys she had to leave the way she did. She couldn't live without Eddy, she wrote, because he still remained the only man who knew how to 'ring his bell'.

Akins, as generous and nice as he was didn't do much for her rthe love-making department. His dick was so little you get the same rattling feelings you get trying to clean your ear-hole with a plucked feather!

I was shocked as how blatant she was. I mean, there are things you don't say to a man, primarily among them being 'You're a lousy lover', especially when you suspect lousy is the best he can do. For a while I didn't know what to Akins after I'd finished reading the mail. But he was very philosophical about it all.

Afterall, he had his royal experience to fall back on. Things like this happened, he told me. It was just sad that Remi could discuss his sexual prowess, or lack of it, with her friend without even telling him. A few days later, before I could even get Remi on the phone, she called to let me know she was on her way back to Nigeria.

Going back to Eddy was a mistake, she babbled. Thank goodness she still had Akins. Not anymore, I told her – then told her how a copy of the loaded e-mail she sent to her friend found its way to Akins. She couldn't believe a friend she'd known for decades could do that to her. Inspite of it all, she said she was coming home. And she did. She not only came back, she got back with Akins!

Wasn't she afraid he could be vengeful? I asked her. Not in the least she assured me. He loved her and she cared for him in her own way. Relationship like that lasts longer than the frreworks type, she told me.

What was more, she'd corne back armed with all sort of vibrators and even showed Akins how they could make these gadgets work for them in the bedroom. He was over the moon! As for the treacherous friend, she was now on the gabbage heap where she belongs!

(1) (Reply)

Whatever / Photo: 19-year Old Cheating Brazilian Girl Swallows Mobile Phone To Prevent Her / The Useless Plan My Father Had Made For Me. What Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.