Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,244 members, 7,825,938 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Facebook President Goodluck Congratulates Uti Of Bba5 . . . - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Facebook President Goodluck Congratulates Uti Of Bba5 . . . (6447 Views)

Rotimi Amaechi Congratulates Nyesom Wike / Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. / Jonathan Congratulates Obasanjo On New Appointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook President Goodluck Congratulates Uti Of Bba5 . . . by chosen04(f): 8:20am On Oct 19, 2010
I received with delight the news that a Nigerian, Uti Nwachukwu, has won the 2010 edition of Big Brother Africa All Stars in South Africa. I heartily congratulate Mr. Nwachukwu who has shown to the world once again that the average Nigerian is warm, charming and a delight to be with. Mr. Nwachukwu, I was briefed, disp, layed dignity, good character, self confidence as well as love for our country throughout the duration of the contest. I recommend his disposition to Nigerian youths. Once again, I congratulate Mr. Nwachukwu and wish him an eventful and successful reign as winner in the next one year. GEJ

http://www.facebook.com/jonathangoodluck
Re: Facebook President Goodluck Congratulates Uti Of Bba5 . . . by chosen04(f): 8:29am On Oct 19, 2010
Is our President that JOBLESS? Of all issues that deserves attention its BBA that get his attention.

BTW, why is he not also congratulating CHIDINMA for winning ''Project fame west Africa?''
Re: Facebook President Goodluck Congratulates Uti Of Bba5 . . . by Brownteeth(m): 8:41am On Oct 19, 2010
^^^Who told you he does the posting himself?
Re: Facebook President Goodluck Congratulates Uti Of Bba5 . . . by chosen04(f): 8:54am On Oct 19, 2010
Brownteeth:

^^^Who told you he does the posting himself?

His post claims he does (though i can he hired an IT firm to post on his behalf). But, why should such non-issues be getting the attentions of whoever is posting on his behalf?
Re: Facebook President Goodluck Congratulates Uti Of Bba5 . . . by orangemen: 8:56am On Oct 19, 2010
Who told you he does the posting himself?
@Brownteeth,
are there things we are missing from here? u sound like u know more than most of us do?
if mr.president is doing the posting, it means he is jobless like the poster above indicated but if he is not doing that in line with ur position, it means he is a deciet or a liar before us.

to avoid partiality, chibimma of project's firm and the wld be winner of glo naija sings deserves his congratulation massages as well.
yes uti is a good guy now that he refused to open the real situation of nigeria to the outside world. if he had said the truth abt us, everybody wld ask for his head so a typical nigerian is a liar like amos adamu.

by the way, why did jonathan  not congratulate the winners of maltina family dance competition. if i am one of them, i will go to him for our congratulatory massage.
Re: Facebook President Goodluck Congratulates Uti Of Bba5 . . . by member27: 9:02am On Oct 19, 2010
chosen04:

Is our President that JOBLESS?  Of all issues that deserves attention its BBA that get his attention.

Abeg abeg abeg abeg abeg  cheesy. . . . Why should he not attend to UTI

In a way he did us proud and he deserves the presidential recognition and not like president joe invited him for a dinner or sommin

just congratulated him on Facebook.And seriously you expect the president to attend to national matters on Facebook ? please
Re: Facebook President Goodluck Congratulates Uti Of Bba5 . . . by maedan(f): 9:26am On Oct 19, 2010
orangemen:

@Brownteeth,
are there things we are missing from here? u sound like u know more than most of us do?
if mr.president is doing the posting, it means he is jobless like the poster above indicated but if he is not doing that in line with your position, it means[b] he is a deciet[/b] or a liar before us.

to avoid partiality, chibimma of project's firm and the wld be winner of glo naija sings deserves his[b] congratulation massages[/b] as well.
yes uti is a good guy now that he refused to open the real situation of nigeria to the outside world. if he had said the truth abt us, everybody wld ask for his head so a typical nigerian is a liar like amos adamu.

by the way, why did jonathan  not congratulate the winners of maltina family dance competition. if i am one of them, i will go to him for our congratulatory massage.

Ouch grin

And I think the President of a country can choose to congratulate whom ever he likes. Haba. Is he not a human being again with rights? Abeg jare.
Re: Facebook President Goodluck Congratulates Uti Of Bba5 . . . by tkb417(m): 9:31am On Oct 19, 2010
so Obama was jobless when he went to have a party with Lebron James in his Miami house

u people sef
Re: Facebook President Goodluck Congratulates Uti Of Bba5 . . . by orangemen: 9:34am On Oct 19, 2010
Ouch Grin

And I think the President of a country can choose to congratulate whom ever he likes. Haba. Is he not a human being again with rights? Abeg jare.

@maedan,
a man whose house is on fire does not go after rats. jonathan is aware of the situations that are very deadly in this country and as such shld pay more attention to them than celebreties.
we expect him to comment on the international criminalities of our fifa representative before talking abt big brother africa.
somebody is saying jonathan is not writing all these, what do u think abt that? deciet or lies to his own ppl?

so Obama was jobless when he went to have a party with Lebron James in his Miami house

@tbk47,
we have things that deserve more attention than this facebook. what has jonathan to say on the issue of adamu and fifa?
Re: Facebook President Goodluck Congratulates Uti Of Bba5 . . . by jaybee3(m): 9:37am On Oct 19, 2010
^^^^
Is he supposed to comment on an ongoing investigation that he holds no facts on?
you people sef shocked shocked

He congratulated UTI because the dude is now a worthy ambassador for naij
Re: Facebook President Goodluck Congratulates Uti Of Bba5 . . . by maedan(f): 9:43am On Oct 19, 2010
orangemen:

@maedan,
a man whose house is on fire does not go after rats. jonathan is aware of the situations that are very deadly in this country and as such shld pay more attention to them than celebreties.
we expect him to comment on the international criminalities of our fifa representative before talking abt big brother africa.
somebody is saying jonathan is not writing all these, what do u think abt that? deciet or lies to his own ppl?

@tbk47,
we have things that deserve more attention than this facebook. what has jonathan to say on the issue of adamu and fifa?

Yes, the country has a lot of problems so once in a while it's good to give a little attention to positive issues, ok? Life is all about good and bad.
Re: Facebook President Goodluck Congratulates Uti Of Bba5 . . . by googles: 9:45am On Oct 19, 2010
lol. . . so wat if our president tweets ?  cheesy

I tire for some nigerians o. . . despite the hard times you go thru in your day to day lives,dont you find a way to tweet,or Nairaland,or facebook ?

wat makes joe different ? because he is the president, he shouldnt have a social life ? na wa o. and wat does his FB status have to do with official matters ?

Does the BBA post stop him from doing his official duties ? does it mean hez not working on other pressing issues ? the crude way some pple think is just alarming

B'sides the whole FB thingy/BBa post is a strategy, he is trying to appeal to the youths in a way i think  undecided
Re: Facebook President Goodluck Congratulates Uti Of Bba5 . . . by tkb417(m): 9:46am On Oct 19, 2010
orangemen:

@maedan,

@tbk47,
tell me how a post on facebook affects his statutory responsibilities
Re: Facebook President Goodluck Congratulates Uti Of Bba5 . . . by netotse(m): 10:03am On Oct 19, 2010
googles:

lol. . . so wat if our president tweets ?  cheesy

I tire for some nigerians o. . . despite the hard times you go thru in your day to day lives,dont you find a way to tweet,or Nairaland,or facebook ?

wat makes joe different ? because he is the president, he shouldnt have a social life ? na wa o. and wat does his FB status have to do with official matters ?

Does the BBA post stop him from doing his official duties ? does it mean hez not working on other pressing issues ? the crude way some pple think is just alarming

B'sides the whole FB thingy/BBa post is a strategy, he is trying to appeal to the youths in a way i think  undecided
you're sooo right. . .besides, i dont see how the 5mins it would take to type out the status message means that Nigeria is going to the dogs. . .
Re: Facebook President Goodluck Congratulates Uti Of Bba5 . . . by orangemen: 11:27am On Oct 19, 2010
tell me how a post on facebook affects his statutory responsibilities

@tbk47,
this is one of the sompliest question i v ever come across in my life.
the last time i visited facebook, i had to start my computer and get the system connected to the internet which sometimes takes times to connect.
never mind the line above, what is the main purpose of a president coming to facebook? if u think it is to post topics or comments, u are wrong because it is to hear our opinions on topics of interests.
if any of u have seen the comments on our presents comments, he or she will agree with me that our president will either ignore everyother issue and read through thousands of comments from nigerians or ignore the same ppl he has come to listen to.
uncle, if someone is reading and posting on behalf of our president, the idea of listening to us is defeated because that same one will only be interested in telling him abt how nigerians are praising him.
i read and comment on the president's fb comments and i tell u in confidence that even computers cannot stand the number of comments on every topic no wonder cnn confirmed that jonathan's fb comments are more than the german councilors, obama's uk prime minister and one other popular person's comments join together.
with these few points of mine, i am sure i v been able to convience u that his facebook appearance here makes little or no sense.
by the way, what is the need of asking seeking our opinions when our problems are too open and self announced that even the deaf and dumb and the blind can see and hear them.
let jonathan start with these generational problems like power supply, security, schools, roads, police and corruption and we will see the seriousness in him and not decieving us by this facebook nonsense.
how does not know the above mentioned problems in nigeria and how does coming to facebook bring solution to any of them?
Re: Facebook President Goodluck Congratulates Uti Of Bba5 . . . by netotse(m): 11:39am On Oct 19, 2010
orangemen:

@tbk47,
[b]this is one of the sompliest question i v ever come across in my life.
the last time i visited facebook, i had to start my computer and get the system connected to the internet which sometimes takes times to connect.
[/b]never mind the line above, what is the main purpose of a president coming to facebook? if u think it is to post topics or comments, u are wrong because it is to hear our opinions on topics of interests.

are you comparing your schedule to that of the CinC? that has to be the most inane comparison i've come across this year. . .so when GEJ wants to browse, he has to
1. walk to the computer
2. switch on the computer
3. Connect to the internet(which may take some time)
4. Login to facebook

(and in that space of time, the naira would have crashed. . .smh, Nigeria is ruined)
orangemen:

if any of u have seen the comments on our presents comments, he or she will agree with me that our president will either ignore everyother issue and read through thousands of comments from nigerians or ignore the same ppl he has come to listen to.
uncle, if someone is reading and posting on behalf of our president, the idea of listening to us is defeated because that same one will only be interested in telling him abt how nigerians are praising him.
i read and comment on the president's fb comments and i tell u in confidence that even computers cannot stand the number of comments on every topic no wonder cnn confirmed that jonathan's fb comments are more than the german councilors, obama's uk prime minister and one other popular person's comments join together.
with these few points of mine, i am sure i v been able to convience u that his facebook appearance here makes little or no sense.
by the way, what is the need of asking seeking our opinions when our problems are too open and self announced that even the deaf and dumb and the blind can see and hear them.
let jonathan start with these generational problems like power supply, security, schools, roads, police and corruption and we will see the seriousness in him and not decieving us by this facebook nonsense.
how does not know the above mentioned problems in nigeria and how does coming to facebook bring solution to any of them?
guy. . .one word comes to mind when i read this your write up. . .parochial
Re: Facebook President Goodluck Congratulates Uti Of Bba5 . . . by maedan(f): 12:02pm On Oct 19, 2010
orangemen:

@tbk47,

You have made some good points here, though how Jonathan's presence on FB can cause such hulabaloo is beyond me. And he is far too busy to be handling his fb himself, I'm sure he has some kind of image rep handling all his internet pages, whether in facebook or twitter. All I want to reiterate here is, never you mind about his antics online, everyone even Obama is doing it, let's just hope in the end we will see improvement in the country.
Re: Facebook President Goodluck Congratulates Uti Of Bba5 . . . by orangemen: 12:19pm On Oct 19, 2010
are you comparing your schedule to that of the CinC? that has to be the most inane [/b]comparison i've come across this year. . .so when GEJ wants to browse, he has to
1. walk to the computer
2. switch on the computer
3. Connect to the internet(which may take some time)
4. Login to facebook

(and in that space of time, the naira would have crashed. . .smh, Nigeria is ruined)

[b]guy
. . .one word comes to mind when i read this your write up. . .parochial

@netotse,
if u look back at my last post, it was directed to tbk47 in answer to his question of which i considered him gentle enough to read and understand my position. u just joined the discussion with the above highlighted 3 wonderful words of urs( GUY, INANE AND PAROCHIAL).

this is internet where anyone comes including our own president. do u think these words of urs will be the best assuming u were addressing ur parents or someone of the same age with ur parents?
what i am talking abt is ur public relations. in a public forum like this, we never met, u don't know me, we are not friends and i can be of the same age with ur papa or mama so brother next time address ppl with their id names.
on the issue of inane and parochial, i can only say, same to ur parents.
as per topic, no comments.

You have made some good points here, though how Jonathan's presence on FB can cause such hulabaloo is beyond me. And he is far too busy to be handling his fb himself, I'm sure he has some kind of image rep handling all his internet pages, whether in facebook or twitter. All I want to reiterate here is, never you mind about his antics online, everyone even Obama is doing it, let's just hope in the end we will see improvement in the country.

@maedan,
what u have concluded here is the prayer of an average nigerian. my worries are that nigeria is not making the right moves. nothing is showing me that jonathan is in any way different from the past rulers who brought us to this strange land.
many nigerians will tell u that nigeria is a very large country and i cannot find how population can be a disadvantage to nigeria when the powers of china, india and usa are built on the population.
the bible makes it clear that if ur eyes will put u into hell, pluck it out so if our population is our problem, let us divide the country. jonathan himself have mentioned it more than a million times that nigeria is suffering from bad leadership and corruption so knowing that alone is enough for him to act. so why is none of these bad leaders is suffering in nigeria? why is corruption on the increase by the day? in solving our problems, how does this facebook of a think come in? is it not an act of pretence from the president if he says he wants to work with the opinion of the masses?
if actually the president wants to know what nigerians want, i am sure every nigerian wants a steady power supply among other things. 85% of nigerians want enough punishments for criminals in power. we want to enjoy the benefits of our God's given natural resources. we want our tax payers money to be effectively used. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Facebook President Goodluck Congratulates Uti Of Bba5 . . . by netotse(m): 12:28pm On Oct 19, 2010
orangemen:

@netotse,
if u look back at my last post, it was directed to tbk47 in answer to his question of which i considered him gentle enough to read and understand my position. u just joined the discussion with the above highlighted 3 wonderful words of urs( GUY, INANE AND PAROCHIAL).

this is internet where anyone comes including our own president. do u think these words of urs will be the best assuming u were addressing your parents or someone of the same age with your parents?
what i am talking abt is your public relations. in a public forum like this, we never met, u don't know me, we are not friends and i can be of the same age with your papa or mama so brother next time address ppl with their id names.
on the issue of inane and parochial, i can only say, same to your parents.
as per topic, no comments.
awww. . .that's so sweet, i woulda loved to join you in your display of childishness but somehow i just dont see the need to refer to people's parents just to make a point. . .once again, i really and truly am sorry that i cant descend to your level. . .it just wont work grin cheesy wink smiley
Re: Facebook President Goodluck Congratulates Uti Of Bba5 . . . by Brownteeth(m): 12:39pm On Oct 19, 2010
The president isnt supposed to work 24hrs day. He can do the posting during his leisure period. Haba!
Re: Facebook President Goodluck Congratulates Uti Of Bba5 . . . by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:54pm On Oct 19, 2010
It has become painfully clear that GEJ has hired facewashers or PR Consultants who think they can hoist their inane whims on the Internet-ready populace of Nigeria. GEJ himself said this to Obama, "Elections are central on the minds of Nigerians" why not concentrate on that instead, or better yet visit the victims of the ABJ Blast and show you r concerns rather than antagonizing them by fraternizing with the terrorists to add salt to injury, buva please! sad
Re: Facebook President Goodluck Congratulates Uti Of Bba5 . . . by acextreme: 1:03pm On Oct 19, 2010
I dnt think i understand u Nigerians anymore!!! Watz wrong about sending a congratulatory message to someone who has represented the country well? 

Even though i don't watch Big Brother and didnt watch Big Brother 5, because of the noise made about it and how popular it is, i know who won almost every season.

Nigerians chose to make BB5 popular, Is it then wrong for the President of the "same nation thats crazy about BB5" to part-take in it?

Democracy is defined as government for the people. How has his act gone against the people?

Lets reason b4 we make comments!!!  undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Facebook President Goodluck Congratulates Uti Of Bba5 . . . by netotse(m): 1:06pm On Oct 19, 2010
ace-xtreme:

I dnt think i understand u Nigerians anymore!!! Watz wrong about sending a congratulatory message to someone who has represented the country well?

Even though i don't watch Big Brother and didnt watch Big Brother 5, because of the noise made about it and how popular it is, i know who won almost every season.

Nigerians chose to make BB5 popular, Is it then wrong for the President of the "same nation thats crazy about BB5" to part-take in it?

Lets reason b4 we make comments!!! undecided undecided undecided undecided
the guy didn't even say he watched it o, he said he was briefed. . .anyway sha. . .like uti said 'bad belle people still dey wonder'

in other related news, IBB too has congratulated uti, but this time it wasn't on FB sha. . .

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/10/babangida-congratulates-uti/
Re: Facebook President Goodluck Congratulates Uti Of Bba5 . . . by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 19, 2010
I am sure most you guys condemning GEJ did not watch the show. Uti was a worthy 9ja ambassador. He displayed patriotism in the midst of adversity. Why did the average American not condemn Obama when he was shown playing golf or running around with dogs in the white house on CNN? GEJ has his own personal and social life and nobody has the right to tell him how to live it.
Re: Facebook President Goodluck Congratulates Uti Of Bba5 . . . by naso2(m): 1:22pm On Oct 19, 2010
Who are these clueless people tagging the president jobless for just sending a congratulatory message to a worthy Nigerian, that did the nation proud? As much as I am not a fan of BB i know contestants represent both themselves and the country their countries.

Aside showing off the Nigerian flag after he was announced the winner, the first song Uti sang was the country's national anthem. So tell me what is wrong in the president acknowledging that the guy showed the true spirit of the nigerian?
Re: Facebook President Goodluck Congratulates Uti Of Bba5 . . . by kemisuga(f): 1:44pm On Oct 19, 2010
:p :p :p :p :p
Re: Facebook President Goodluck Congratulates Uti Of Bba5 . . . by NJN: 1:52pm On Oct 19, 2010
my peeps, there ain't nothing wrong with the Presido's comment on Uti's success at BBA 5 All Stars.

To post that comment, believe me won't take me up to a min, talkless of the Presido, so I don't see how someone can be talking about the President having to conect his system, wait for it to start up, haba, in this 21st Century?  a whole Presidochai, that man would have 24 hours internet connectivty, even on the go!!!

please, let's stop being negative in our attitude to issues.
Re: Facebook President Goodluck Congratulates Uti Of Bba5 . . . by Guk: 1:58pm On Oct 19, 2010
I beg to disagree and this is my personal assessment as we saw on TV, Uti was abusive; disrespectful; uncouth; ill mannered amongst others which singing the national anthem and holding the flag does not erase.

He has won, good for him, i wished him to win because he's nigerian but that i would congratulate him and use the phrases used by Jonathan face book page? NO!

Jonathan Facebook page is what you call a "Spin" & u need not lse sleep over it. Such pages are usually run by dedicated assistants & they report back to him on what he wants to hear.

You dont run a serious organisation on social networking sites, talk less a country.

For keen observers, you would notice that output from GEJ's facebook page is tottally different from his real work life outputs and statemnts.

The facebook page is just to make you social networkers busy and distracted from the real deal.

His facebook page also gone to expose his inadequacies as an experienced administrator who has years of experience in a standard work environment,

But for those who like their ego to be massage by flowery words on FB pages, good luck to you
Re: Facebook President Goodluck Congratulates Uti Of Bba5 . . . by TMoni1(m): 2:00pm On Oct 19, 2010
chosen04:

Is our President that JOBLESS? Of all issues that deserves attention its BBA that get his attention.

BTW, why is he not also congratulating CHIDINMA for winning ''Project fame west Africa?''

Its sooooo unfortunate that WE NIGERIAN have become so NEGATIVE. I am not a fan of BBA, but for God sake this guy projected the image of Nigeria.

Haba! fellow nigerian let praise what is good and be positive! Uti deserves a mere congratulatory comment for our president,
Re: Facebook President Goodluck Congratulates Uti Of Bba5 . . . by pawa4ul: 2:02pm On Oct 19, 2010
chosen04:

For speaking out loud, the UTI of a man represented Nigeria, and I do not see anything wrong in Mr Presido's congrats message. Ok, why don't you get busier and stop replying to everything you see on Naira land?[b][/b]
Re: Facebook President Goodluck Congratulates Uti Of Bba5 . . . by HamidO1(m): 2:03pm On Oct 19, 2010
chosen04:

Try and do Naija proud if GEJ won't congratulate you. He said he was briefed of not that he watched the show or something.
Uti deserves it abeg, the guy even sang the National athem without mistake which i'm pretty sure you can't do
You are always looking for oppurtunity to condemn GEJ and i beg you to leave King Uti's case out of it abeg. "Bad belle people come dey wonder"
Re: Facebook President Goodluck Congratulates Uti Of Bba5 . . . by Sagamite(m): 2:05pm On Oct 19, 2010
What a bloody waste of time.

Is Jonathan sane?

What is the achievement of being in Big Brother House?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Detectives Storm The Nation's Office & Arrest Four Editors / 2015: INEC To Create 30,000 Additional Polling Units. / You Think Buhari Was Embarrassed In Paris? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.