Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,594 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? (31723 Views)

Japa: Man Fervently Prays On His Nigerian Passport For U.S Visa, Others (Video) / JAPA: Man Prays On His Nigerian Passport For US & Canadian Visa (VID) / What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by Vixlot: 1:49pm On Aug 08, 2019
Ayoslimzy:
no it only a indigene that can have dual citizenship...a foreigner will have to renounce his citizenship for Thailand
Renounciation means you Passport will taken from you? Who is monitoring you not to get another Passport, assuming the Nigerian Passport you have was taken away from you?
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by Nat404: 1:49pm On Aug 08, 2019
Aladine:
He will not be eligible to contest or be appointed in any political position in Nigeria in the future
Positions the grandfathers had taken?

1 Like

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by crafteck(m): 1:50pm On Aug 08, 2019
Even with the passport, he would always be a second class citizen in thai

3 Likes

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by realestniggah: 1:50pm On Aug 08, 2019
Dudeweedlmao:

Oga free that nonsense. Nigerians with USA passport are threated as US citizEns.

The USA is different.. One can easily blend in when in the US.. Asian country are different.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by Sterope(f): 1:51pm On Aug 08, 2019
Jewingle

Thailand is a developing country and a zoo like Nigeria.
Which means we have face many similar issues and the fact that he hasn't got a white skin will always stick out. For a developing country, he may not have much to protect him. With marriage and offsprings, I believe he should be able to leave it remain as he would like. If they have off permanent residency or something similar, he is better taking that instead.

He also had to consider that his wife is being cunny. She is trying to prevent him from retiring in Nigeria or even go back home. What happens if the marriage breaks down?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 08, 2019
realestniggah:

The USA is different.. One can easily blend in when in the US.. Asian country are different.

A citizen of Thailand is a citizen of Thailand whether black or blue.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by Nat404: 1:52pm On Aug 08, 2019
Jewingle:
Good morning good people of Nairaland. Please I need your input on this.

I have a friend that recently got married to a young beautiful lady from Thailand. She came to Nigeria, they got married and after everything they both traveled to Thailand .

Now, his wife wants him to forfeit his Nigerian passport to gain Thailand passport since they don’t allow dua citizenship. I adviced him to go ahead with the Thailand passport since this could be once in a lifetime opportunity because he was really contemplating on weather it’s a good idea or not.

Pls travel gurus and experts. What’s your take on this?
Is this move a good idea? Would it affect him in the future? Please advice from travel experts and experienced folks will be deeply appreciated
Seems like the woman really cares about him. Let him apply for the citizenship. Nigeria is a shithole and also a poverty capital of the world.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by Ayoslimzy(m): 1:52pm On Aug 08, 2019
Vixlot:

Renounciation means you Passport will taken from you? Who is monitoring you not to get another Passport, assuming the Nigerian Passport you have was taken away from you?
no renouciation means forfeiting the passport..
It is mandatory before getting the Thailand password

1 Like

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by Sterope(f): 1:52pm On Aug 08, 2019
Thailand is not an organised society.
denitro:

He will not. Nigeria is not the center of the universe.
He is better off as a citizen of a better organised society.

1 Like

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by Gentlewarrior1(m): 1:53pm On Aug 08, 2019
TheAngry1:

No character at all. Renounce because of Thailand? Rubbish.
Lol i personally detest Nigeria and will be glad not to be seen as one
But to renounce my naija passport for rubbish thailand is big stupidity

Infact when he wants to travel to naija him go hear am
Na that time e go know say Nigerian Visa hard
A nigerian begging his country for visa. Lol cheesy

The idiot will have to beg and bribe his way before he enters Nigeria. By then naija embassy go treat im fuckup with disdain unto say he present thai passport and even at the end of the day the nigger is no thai as na blacky, so thais no go even treat am as citizen like that. Everything still links to his wife

If i go renounce naija then na for places like netherlands, us, uk canada and a few other countries. But most of this countries na even dual citizenship so no need

1 Like

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by MondayOsunbor(m): 1:54pm On Aug 08, 2019
[quote author=izzou post=81051985][b]The poverty afflicted part of me is saying he should do it

But the remaining part of me is saying he shouldn't renounce it sad[/

b]
[/quotestep

It is incredible that people are so near sight

Let me ask your people do you think that herd man in the forest that are so well armed because they are playing !.Fulani had penetrated every nook and corner of Nigeria will one day suddenly go away!.we have terrorist in our door steps.

You think we have future in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by BrainSanitizer: 1:55pm On Aug 08, 2019
Jewingle:

I have a friend that recently got married to a young beautiful lady from Thailand. She came to Nigeria, they got married and after everything they both traveled to Thailand .

Now, his wife wants him to forfeit his Nigerian passport to gain Thailand passport since they don’t allow dua citizenship. I adviced him to go ahead with the Thailand passport since this could be once in a lifetime opportunity because he was really contemplating on weather it’s a good idea or not.

Is this move a good idea? Would it affect him in the future? Please advice from travel experts and experienced folks will be deeply appreciated
Just wait. Lemmie ask Adams Oshiomhole.
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by mysteryman2014: 1:56pm On Aug 08, 2019
Boss20:
Just got this online.

With Thailand passport you can visit Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Russia, South Africa, Singapore, Hongkong, Qatar, Turkey and other good countries without a visa.

Please dont think twice in getting that passport brother, its the best decision you can make now.

God bless

This are countries that can enter Thailand and not that Thais can enter.

1 Like

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by pastie(m): 1:57pm On Aug 08, 2019
madgoat:

Sense will not kill you grin
Typically crook grin
Abi na, chad and senegalis citizens have been issued voters card at freewil, that how porous and weak our system is.

1 Like

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by orunmila144: 2:00pm On Aug 08, 2019
yes. so ya destiny can be tied down in ty-land
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by iammiracle1(m): 2:02pm On Aug 08, 2019
@OP DON'T TRY IT, ASK OUR BROTHERS OVER THERE HOW ITS GOING FOR THEM THAT RENOUNCED, ALL THESE PPL TELLING YOU THAT YOU WOULD SIMPLY STROLL AND PICK UP NIGERIA PP BACK ARE DREAMERS, THINK HARD AND LONG AND DON'T BASE YOUR DECISION ON THE ADVICE OF HUSTLING HUNGRY YOUNG MEN IN THIS FORUM.

GL

1 Like

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by onlyforchrist: 2:04pm On Aug 08, 2019
A lot of swallow minded people on this forum. he shouldn't try renounce is Nigerian passport for a country like Thailand. it's a decision he may forever regrets.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by banty: 2:04pm On Aug 08, 2019
flourishing247:
Haaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Imagine renouncing your heritage. The land of your birth!! No matter how bad a situation is, please stay patriotic!! I'm super proud to be a Nigerian.
That is why you're flourishing 247 on nairaland..
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by DimIsaac10(m): 2:05pm On Aug 08, 2019
Make I get South Africa own first....
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by KlausMike(m): 2:06pm On Aug 08, 2019
flourishing247:
Haaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Imagine renouncing your heritage. The land of your birth!! No matter how bad a situation is, please stay patriotic!! I'm super proud to be a Nigerian.

What heritage? Who e hep?
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by flourishing247: 2:06pm On Aug 08, 2019
Angelfrost:

No matter how bad?... Real hunger and poverty never touch you... You will not only renounce your country, you go even renounce spirit, soul and body join. tongue

Ive seen hardship oooo. I won't renounce Nigeria abeg. If the country is offering dual citizenship fine but to renounce my sweet Nigeria? Does their passport take one to heaven Hian
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by brainhgeek(m): 2:07pm On Aug 08, 2019
optimusprime2:
Thailand allows dual citizenship...
They will not ask you to renounce your original citizenship unless there's something funny at play

I don't know much about traveling. I have only been to few places in my life time but every single cell in my body totally agrees with your comment

1 Like

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by thunderbabs: 2:07pm On Aug 08, 2019
flourishing247:

Buhari give you uppercut dia shocked
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by grandstar(m): 2:11pm On Aug 08, 2019
Jewingle:

Thailand is not exactly a rich country. It is at best an close to being upprer middle income country. Per capita income is only $6,500

Also, the economy has lagged behind. It seems stuck in the Middle Income trap. That means it getting richer will be tough.

However, the country is has a lot of strength. The country is still a manufacturing and agriculture powerful. It exports more food than all of Africa combined.

Nothing is cast in stone. Decades back, there was a ban on dual citizenship in Nigeria. Immigration officials at the airports used to fleece holders of foreign passports that were travelling that they had been resident in Nigeria without a permit grin grin grin

However, I think it was between 1992-1995 that the law changed and Nigerians were permitted to have dual citizen. You can't have 3 though.

In Thailand, about 10% of the population is ethnic Chinese. Even the late king was half Chinese. The Chinese were compelled to change their names to Thai names. Your friend too may be forced to change his name. Will your friend mind bearing Prayut Vajiralongkorn? LWKMD. Is your friend korny? grin grin

The fact your friend is thinking about it, means that he likes the place. If he thinks he can prosper there and be happy, he should go ahead. That's what really counts. He can also enquire from an immigration lawyer about what is best options are in the event he renounces his citizenship. He should also be informed of the pros and cons

In Thailand, the law may change one day like it did in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by donamen(m): 2:12pm On Aug 08, 2019
Jewingle:

. But thai does not issue out passport based on marriage ground on foreigners. He can get marriage visa on naija passport which is renewable annually. Who told you that thai gives foreigners passport?. Tell that ur friend that I said its not possible to gain thai passport based on marriage. I live here chonburi Thailand.
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by chosenange(m): 2:13pm On Aug 08, 2019
WHY DO YOU ASK SO MUCH QUESTIONS,YOU KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON IN THIS COUNTRY AND YOU HAVE ALREADY MADE YOUR DECISION FOR HER,
IF YOU LIKE YOURSELF JUST GO FOR THE THAILAND PASSPORT AND LIVE A POSITIVE LIFE WITH HER AND DONT PLAY TRICKS WITH HER.WISHING YOU A HAPPY UNION.
FROM
MAGNUS
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by flex04(m): 2:13pm On Aug 08, 2019
abkrgumel:
Keep in mind with Thailand passport US entry won't be easy for you

I want to ask, it take how many hours with Nigerian passport?
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by Hadampson(m): 2:13pm On Aug 08, 2019
cwale044:
Last last no place like home

What is your definition of HOME
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by fowlyansh181(m): 2:13pm On Aug 08, 2019
Renounce that shit in a heartbeat, I’d renounce the Nigerian passport for a plate of rice sef... Nigeria will never be better and will never change, no point hoping.
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 08, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Thailand is visa free to 64 countries in the world while Nigeria is visa free to 45 countries. Thailand passport definitely has an upper hand and I will not blink an eyelid going for a passport that will open more opportunities for me with less negative profiling than the one that I will be profiled as a fraudster / drug courier, with Thailand passport you are visa free to Japan for15 days, Taiwan for 14 days and South Korea for 90 days,Thailand passport is also visa free to Singapore, Turkey, Brazil, Russia, Malaysia,
Qatar, Seychelles, South Africa, Argentina, Ecuador just to mention but a few, Thailand passport has more value than that of the headquarters of extreme poverty in the world shocked

Though I understand you, but I don't think I can ever renounce Nigerian citizenship no matter how bad it gets in Nigeria or how good it is on d other side. But that's just me & my sentiments.

But still am impressed with what you put up there

5 Likes

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by 4labi: 2:15pm On Aug 08, 2019
Is Nigeria the name of a place, zoo or entrapment? Oga pursue ur destiny and renounce Nigeria...don't be silly...Thai man in advance I hail thee...who Nigeria epp? Nigeria will kill you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Singapore Airlines Is The World's Best Airline For 2019.See Top 10 Best Airlines / 4 Unusual Things That Can Only Happen In Aba / Petrol Tanker Crushes 5 Cars On New Year's Eve In Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.