Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,550 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

Living With An Asthmatic Spouse - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Living With An Asthmatic Spouse (19231 Views)

High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 / Passengers Flee From Bus As Nigerian Lady Believed To Be Asthmatic Dies (Video) / Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Living With An Asthmatic Spouse by janeyjoys: 11:25pm On Aug 08, 2019
Hello.
Please i want to know what it is to have a spouse that is asthmatic. In all my life, i have never been with or known anyone that suffers from asthma but i would be getting married to one very soon.

What is it like?, Is there any effect on the marital life? conjugation, child birth, hereditary etc.

I am so worried as my would be spouse now daily come up with different stories of fatigue, tiredness, weakness, allergy and all sort that were perfectly hidden before now. I'm worried really...

.Thanks for your honest inputs.

5 Likes

Re: Living With An Asthmatic Spouse by CyberEBOLA(m): 1:49am On Aug 09, 2019
janeyjoys:
Hello. Please i want to know what it is to have a spouse that is asthmatic. In all my life, i have never been with or known anyone that suffers from asthma but i would be getting married to one very soon. What is it like?, is there any effect on the marital life? conjugation, child birth, hereditary etc. I am so worried as my would be spouse now daily come up with different stories of fatigue, tiredness, weakness, allergy and all sort that were perfectly hidden before now. I'm worried really....Thanks for your honest inputs.
What i am sure about is that asthma is hereditary. Meaning your children are likely to be asthmatic.

My first to comment is dedicated to myself.
May i be courageous enough to be the one to take my own life, not some idiot somewhere.

34 Likes

Re: Living With An Asthmatic Spouse by cenaman(m): 3:34am On Aug 09, 2019
Front page.
Re: Living With An Asthmatic Spouse by janeyjoys: 11:47am On Oct 09, 2019
Front page please. Thanks

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living With An Asthmatic Spouse by Pr0cter: 4:15pm On Oct 11, 2019
It's no biggie. You have nothing to worry about. Just recommend seritide inhaler for him whenever he has an attack. That's the best relief for asthma and it prevents continuous attack.

Congratulations all the same.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living With An Asthmatic Spouse by Pr0cter: 4:18pm On Oct 11, 2019
CyberEBOLA:
What i am sure about is that asthma is hereditary. Meaning your children are likely to be asthmatic.

Let me school you. Not all asthma is hereditary. A severe cough in a child that is untreated properly during childhood can lead to a more severe case of asthma. Even exposure to dust, cold and extreme environments can lead to asthma. It all depends on the body mechanism of the individual.

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living With An Asthmatic Spouse by Phranceaseco(m): 4:38pm On Oct 11, 2019
Waiting for others comment

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living With An Asthmatic Spouse by mkoabiola: 4:38pm On Oct 11, 2019
Our advise cannot change d marriage plan.

Congratulations in advance.

8 Likes

Re: Living With An Asthmatic Spouse by Brooke60(f): 4:38pm On Oct 11, 2019
I am so worried as my would-be spouse now daily come up with different stories of fatigue, tiredness, weakness, allergy and all sort that were perfectly hidden before now

Perfectly hidden? Does that mean you are just knowing about this because of the preparation for the wedding?

Read more about this online or talk to a good doctor.

Check my siggy guys, you will surely need my service for your businesss
Re: Living With An Asthmatic Spouse by chawtinz(m): 4:39pm On Oct 11, 2019
May God heal her in totality In Jesus name

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living With An Asthmatic Spouse by thorpido(m): 4:39pm On Oct 11, 2019
I believe growing up she must have learnt how to manage it.Avoid triggers like dust,smoke etc.Always have your inhaler handy.
It's hereditary,so you could have your child inherit it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living With An Asthmatic Spouse by crismark(m): 4:40pm On Oct 11, 2019
Shey someone told me they can outgrow asthma

2 Likes

Re: Living With An Asthmatic Spouse by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 11, 2019

4 Likes

Re: Living With An Asthmatic Spouse by DennisEche(m): 4:41pm On Oct 11, 2019
IF WELL MANAGE IS NOT A BIG DEAL BUT WHEN YOU SAY WEAKNESS I HOPE IS NOT IN THE OZA ROOM?

4 Likes

Re: Living With An Asthmatic Spouse by forreelliinc: 4:41pm On Oct 11, 2019
janeyjoys:
Hello.
Please i want to know what it is to have a spouse that is asthmatic. In all my life, i have never been with or known anyone that suffers from asthma but i would be getting married to one very soon.

What is it like?, Is there any effect on the marital life? conjugation, child birth, hereditary etc.

I am so worried as my would be spouse now daily come up with different stories of fatigue, tiredness, weakness, allergy and all sort that were perfectly hidden before now. I'm worried really...

.Thanks for your honest inputs.
whenever he is having an asthmatic attack, you will need to give him head so the tension in his lungs will go into his balls

also you should not let him go to sleep with blue balls otherwise the tension from his balls will go to his lungs and chest

7 Likes

Re: Living With An Asthmatic Spouse by kristen12(f): 4:41pm On Oct 11, 2019
It's living with anyother person but it will be better if he knows his body, what triggers the attack and allergies too.

Good and clean environment, non exposure to dust, always having drugs and inhaler, and prayers will really help.

He will be fine.

Happy married life in advance.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living With An Asthmatic Spouse by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 11, 2019
sad

Asthma is hereditary, theres is tendency that 1 out of our 3 kids would have it. Although one outgrows it over time.

3 Likes

Re: Living With An Asthmatic Spouse by shangodele974(m): 4:42pm On Oct 11, 2019
Get mango seed, remove the shell then dry main seed. After drying, make it powdery with mortar. Then mix with pap

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living With An Asthmatic Spouse by NGRsenate: 4:42pm On Oct 11, 2019
Hmm.

First and foremost, always keep drugs at hand, don’t let drugs run out before you get more.

Keep ventolin tablets and inhalers, perilon( or any corticosteroid that works best to reduce the effects of an allergy for your partner), cough syrups and incase of severe asthma, a Nebulizer at home.

I’m mildly asthmatic, I use perfumes, i fry my food but when there’s a change in weather; say rainy season to dry season or vice versa - I get an attack, prolonged exposure to dust also triggers it for me. I sweep my house myself but when I start a project at a building site, I usually get an attack like 2 to 3 weeks in and that’s why I always go to work with face masks.

If your partner’s case is severe, then she should avoid sprays; perfumes, body sprays, insecticides etc. She should avoid frying or roasting. She should avoid smoking, burning trash or bushes. Get a vacuum cleaner if possible. Keep multiple inhalers at home. Keep one in each room of the house, in the car, at the office, in your pocket.

She should be aware of the onset of an attack. For some it’s a cough. For me it’s sneezing back to back until I can’t sneeze anymore. For some, it’s a blocked nose with a cold. Once she sees the sign, she should make sure there is an inhaler on sight.

All in all, she should be fine if she knows how to manage it well

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Living With An Asthmatic Spouse by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 4:43pm On Oct 11, 2019
cool
Re: Living With An Asthmatic Spouse by DennisEche(m): 4:43pm On Oct 11, 2019
forreelliinc:

whenever he is having an asthmatic attack, you will need to give him head so the tension in his lungs will go into his balls

also you should not let him go to sleep with blue balls otherwise the tension from his balls will go to his lungs and chest
MAD MAN

24 Likes

Re: Living With An Asthmatic Spouse by forreelliinc: 4:44pm On Oct 11, 2019
DennisEche:

MAD MAN
sad it works for me and i am asthmatic
Re: Living With An Asthmatic Spouse by DennisEche(m): 4:44pm On Oct 11, 2019
chawtinz:
May God heal her in totality In Jesus name
HIM NOT HER

2 Likes

Re: Living With An Asthmatic Spouse by worldclass68(m): 4:44pm On Oct 11, 2019
are you damn sure it asthma anyway.... thought my dad was suffering from the same thing not until 8 yrs after his death I personally got to know he might be COPD, which I'm having same symptoms now, but he was heavy smoker and dry gin etc....they have almost the same symptoms too .
buh the later is far deadly.

1 Like

Re: Living With An Asthmatic Spouse by MountainView: 4:44pm On Oct 11, 2019
I have a course mate that is asthmatic, but if you see this my guy cooking with red or groundnut oil,you go dey wonder whether this guy get asthma true true, I've never seen him use his inhaler, though he always carries it around.

Let me shock you more, this same guy has ulcer but the kind hunger wey him dey endure pass fasting.

If you're doubting his ulcer, he doesn't eat beans,neither does he take carbonated drinks.

4 Likes

Re: Living With An Asthmatic Spouse by Jmk9292(m): 4:45pm On Oct 11, 2019
CyberEBOLA:

Not all asthma cases are hereditary.... Pls

6 Likes

Re: Living With An Asthmatic Spouse by DennisEche(m): 4:45pm On Oct 11, 2019
forreelliinc:

sad it works for me and i am asthmatic
URS IS LIKELY CONJI AND NOT ASTHAMA, HOW CAN YOU ENCOURAGE PERSON WITH ASTHMA WHO IS ALREADY SHORT OF AIR AND OXYGEN TO BE GIVEN HEAD

7 Likes

Re: Living With An Asthmatic Spouse by Offpoint: 4:45pm On Oct 11, 2019
No clue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

COVID-19 Home Care Killing Many Top Nigerians – Osagie Ehanire / LUTH Security Shuts Hospital Gate To Prevent Protesting Doctors From Moving Out / This Is How To Use Carotone Without Side Effects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.