Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,960 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence (31840 Views)

Betty Akeredolu Struggles To Prevent Husband From Eating Mistress' Concoctions / Betty Akeredolu Speaks On Imo-East Senatorial Primaries, Says Election Not Held / Betty Akeredolu Chased Out Of APC Secretariat In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence by tsdarkside(m): 3:54pm On Aug 09, 2019
Flier:
You are probably taking about a fake pepper spray so I will advice you to get original one
Original one is just like tear gas,it attacks both eyes and throat so there is no way you can keep going

i saw videos were some attacked american police and police used peperspray....

the morafvcker was still standin gidigba and yellin....

dont forget some take drugs and are superhyped....
Re: Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 09, 2019
I've seen a female yellow belt holder in Taekwando disarm a drunk fvcktard armed with a broken bottle in a pub in a clinical fashion.

It's a good initiative.

Please they should include that priceless kick in the groin that demobilizes the strongest of men grin

4 Likes

Re: Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence by philip0906(m): 3:57pm On Aug 09, 2019
ornicus:
very good. i can see several aspiring rapists grumbling.no more intimidation or bullying. you have konji, go and jack off.
Lol...And you'll fight off a deranged rapist who's armed with knives/guns with your feeble hands/legs?

Jokers! grin grin

What she needs to do is teach them to come out immediately rape happens and report to the authorities.
Fasten the legal process of getting justice for rape victims
Punishment for rape be increased to a considerable amount of years in prison
Finally, use some convicted rapists as scape goats
Re: Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence by tsdarkside(m): 3:59pm On Aug 09, 2019
philip0906:

Lol...And you'll fight off a deranged rapist who's armed with knives/guns with your feeble hands/legs?

Jokers! grin grin

What she needs to do is teach them to come out immediately rape happens and report to the authorities.

that too....both can go hand in hand....

atleast give them the chance to win the battle then after report the morafvckers....

1 Like

Re: Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence by Cousin9999: 4:01pm On Aug 09, 2019
Flier:
You are probably taking about a fake pepper spray so I will advice you to get original one
Original one is just like tear gas,it attacks both eyes and throat so there is no way you can keep going

Even tear gas doesn't effect everyone the same. Some people can stand in a cloud of tear gas and still function. The most they do is cough a little.
Re: Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence by Cousin9999: 4:02pm On Aug 09, 2019
philip0906:

Jokers! grin grin

Punishment for rape should be life in prison or a death sentence.

2 Likes

Re: Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence by philip0906(m): 4:03pm On Aug 09, 2019
Cousin9999:

Punishment for rape should be life in prison or a death sentence.
Ofcourse it can't be life in prison, except there are other crimes associated with the rape...But ofcourse a considerable amount of years in prison
Re: Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence by Cousin9999: 4:07pm On Aug 09, 2019
philip0906:

Ofcourse it can't be life in prison, except there are other crimes associated with the rape...But ofcourse a considerable amount of years in prison

Life in prison or a death sentence.

2 Likes

Re: Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence by Emmanuel226(m): 4:08pm On Aug 09, 2019
Hmm, notin wey we no go see for naija oh
Re: Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence by Emmanuel226(m): 4:09pm On Aug 09, 2019
i love ur brave step ma cool
Re: Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence by Emmanuel226(m): 4:09pm On Aug 09, 2019
i hope those proposed measures are carried out
Re: Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 09, 2019
philip0906:

Jokers! grin grin

you seem to forget that most rapes are not by armed robbers but by people known to the victim. you should be smart enough to realize this. all the stories of rape on the homepage, are they by robbers? busola dakoko and coza pastor, was that an armed robber with a gun?

most of these rapists use intimidation and brute force. if a woman/girl knows how to fight back, she will put an immediate stop to it. in fact most 'friends'will respect themselves once they realise she can kick their asses if they try anything.

a rapist going to jail will not unrape the victim. it will not erase the trauma. it is the barest minimum of justice. you áre coming across as a rape apologist or one who considers non consenusal sex between people who know each other as a 'misunderstanding

and lastly, even people with guns and knives can be taken on. you just have to be very alert, apprised of the situation and bold. of course, those may be traits that are alien to you smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence by Emmanuel226(m): 4:10pm On Aug 09, 2019
D Nigerian army hv started taking weed without our knowledge sad
Re: Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence by philip0906(m): 4:10pm On Aug 09, 2019
Cousin9999:

Okay...Go and enforce it
Re: Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence by Emmanuel226(m): 4:10pm On Aug 09, 2019
abegi make i go dey learn my own martial arts cool
Re: Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence by popcykaylah(m): 4:11pm On Aug 09, 2019
I think say the woman suppose get small sense ..so when at gun point na taekwondo be the next thing..since she no get sense ,our women go get sense ..
Re: Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence by Emmanuel226(m): 4:11pm On Aug 09, 2019
wen women of dis class act like di, i always fall in,love with dem and their actions cool
Re: Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence by jafol(m): 4:12pm On Aug 09, 2019
Digitallen:
Igbo Amaka...... a wonderful Igbo woman, married to an untribalized lawyer, loving her husband people as though they were her kin.....more reasons why Nigeria can never divide.
No she is a foolish Igbo woman with empty brain no wonder her husband is failing
Re: Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence by Emmanuel226(m): 4:12pm On Aug 09, 2019
nice one Mrs Akeredolu smiley
Re: Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence by candygist: 4:17pm On Aug 09, 2019
Cousin9999:

Developed countries do it for sport, not for defense. Developed countries would laugh at using Taekwondo in military, police, or civilian self-defense.

Frankly, true defense isn't a skill you can necessarily teach. It's raw, dirty, survival fighting where you viciously attack someone with no regard for what happens to them. Boxing and grappling training help a lot, but no one will teach you to attack a man's genitals or bite off chunks of their body in a boxing gym.

You lie man. Even some schools in developed countries teach student takwandoo for self defence. The internet is your friend. Go make some research. Even here in Lagos, people practice takwandoo for self defence. Go to National stadium at surulere on a Saturday and see for yourself. Don't just criticise without bringing a better solution. Let your criticism be constructive. Takwando is also used for self-defence.

4 Likes

Re: Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence by philip0906(m): 4:18pm On Aug 09, 2019
ornicus:

you seem to forget that most rapes are not by armed robbers but by people known to the victim. you should be smart enough to realize this. all the stories of rape on the homepage, are they by robbers? busola dakoko and coza pastor, was that an armed robber with a gun?
Can you please provide data to support this wild claim? I await...

most of these rapists use intimidation and brute force. if a woman/girl knows how to fight back, she will put an immediate stop to it. in fact most 'friends'will respect themselves once they realise she can kick their asses if they try anything.
Okay...In that case, let's enroll our daughters & sister in kung fu and karate classes to fight off deranged rapists including armed and gang rape undecided

a rapist going to jail will not unrape the victim. it will not erase the trauma. it is the barest minimum of justice. you áre coming across as a rape apologist or one who considers non consenusal sex between people who know each other as a 'misunderstanding

Are you a dunce? Does sentencing someone who committed murder, unmurder the victim? should we now leave rapists to be roaming the street since it won't unrape the victim? As per me been the rape apologist, you actually sound more like one--your solution to rape is to teach women including young victims to fight kung fu (since you think rape is a joke) as against the police and legal system hauling victims into jail undecided

and lastly, even people with guns and knives can be taken on. you just have to be very alert, apprised of the situation and bold. of course, those may be traits that are alien to you smiley smiley
So a young 14 year old girl who's attacked by an armed man who's way more powerful than she is (who might even have martial arts training) will take him down, because she learnt how to fight kung fu/karate? I asked up there if you're a dunce, I might be tempted to answer that question that you are one
Re: Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence by Adasemperiom: 4:24pm On Aug 09, 2019
I hope it brings out positive result.
Re: Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 09, 2019
So what happens to the boys
Re: Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 09, 2019
philip0906:

Can you please provide data to support this wild claim? I await...

you actually believe that all rapes are by armed robbers?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4111066/
https://www.rainn.org/statistics/perpetrators-sexual-violence
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-43128350
https://www.nij.gov/topics/crime/rape-sexual-violence/campus/pages/know-attacker.aspx

you must be a lazy nigerian youth. even back when i was in school, most rape cases were always between girls and guys they knew.

Okay...In that case, let's enroll our daughters & sister in kung fu and karate classes to fight off deranged rapists including armed and gang rape undecided

Are you a dunce? Does sentencing someone who committed murder, unmurder the victim? should we now leave rapists to be roaming the street since it won't unrape the victim? As per me been the rape apologist, you actually sound more like one--your solution to rape is to teach women including young victims to fight kung fu (since you think rape is a joke) as against the police and legal system hauling victims into jail undecided

it is better to prevent rape, wherever possible. in your own mind, the victim must lay back , submit and hope for justice. justice which will not come. it is people like you who will be saying, e sweet am, thats why she no fight, what was she doing there, she asked for it.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/192895-only-18-rape-convictions-recorded-in-nigerias-legal-history-lawyer.html

only 18 rape convictions in this country's history

https://punchng.com/lagos-recorded-2252-rape-cases-in-two-years/

2252 reported rape cases in lagos in the last two years. i doubt those 18 fall into it. anyway, no problem, lets do it your way. i'm sure everyone of those victims will find justice, not so?

So a young 14 year old girl who's attacked by an armed man who's way more powerful than she is (who might even have martial arts training) will take him down? I asked up there if you're a dunce, I might be tempted to answer that question that you are one'

https://punchng.com/lekki-hotel-rape-lagos-will-continue-prosecution-of-two-varsity-dropouts/
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/337389-alleged-gang-rape-lagos-re-arraigns-5-unilag-students.html
http://saharareporters.com/2019/07/29/nigerian-man-rapes-13-year-old-girl

are any of those armed men? those are just bullies intimidating their victims. if any of them got their asses kicked that is where it would have ended. you think most robbers have martial arts training cheesy cheesy cheesy. all robbers have is guns and machetes. end of story.

try to have some empathy and put yourself in a woman's shoes, instead of citing the laws which mean absolutely nothing

my kids have been on training since they were five , courtesy of their mum. my son is a green belt, his sister is yellow [she is not moving as fast as i would like] no one can bully my son, and soon hopefully, ditto for his sister.

1 Like

Re: Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence by Mizwisdom(f): 4:35pm On Aug 09, 2019
NobleAngell:
Taekwondo? Really?
I laugh in Portuguese.
You might need it yourself

1 Like

Re: Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence by Mizwisdom(f): 4:38pm On Aug 09, 2019
MatthAnn:
So what happens to the boys
The men should take care of that

1 Like

Re: Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 09, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Did you read the news of a girl who infected a 12 yrs old boy with herpes??
Both gender is endangered.
Why not teach them how to respect each other??
It will go a long way,instead,this will make the boys feel more ............
Re: Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 4:46pm On Aug 09, 2019
Tamasaba:
Lol. She is clowning. Even jetli go surrender when him see gun. Train them to always dress decently and avoid being at awkward places at awkward times with awkward people
We read here that a woman in hijab was raped despite all her covering.
Paedophiles who rape little kids do they dress indecently?
A rapist does not need an awkward place to rape you.
So stop blaming the victims the perpetrators are 100% at fault.So stop giving excuses.
@topic, this is a good initiative.

1 Like

Re: Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence by babyfaceafrica: 4:47pm On Aug 09, 2019
Cousin9999:

and for false accusers?

1 Like

Re: Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence by philip0906(m): 4:50pm On Aug 09, 2019
ornicus:

you actually believe that all rapes are by armed robbers?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4111066/
https://www.rainn.org/statistics/perpetrators-sexual-violence
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-43128350
https://www.nij.gov/topics/crime/rape-sexual-violence/campus/pages/know-attacker.aspx

you must be a lazy nigerian youth. even back when i was in school, most rape cases were always between girls and guys they knew.
This data is for developed countries, I couldn't find data for Nigeria-which is the centre of our discourse. While I appreciate the data, it doesn't support your claim as a first world country has different conditions compared to a third world country like Nigeria. They also have laws that are in full effect compared to ours. Thanks all the same

it is better to prevent rape, wherever possible. in your own mind, the victim must lay back , submit and hope for justice. justice which will not come. it is people like you who will be saying, e sweet am, thats why she no fight, what was she doing there, she asked for it.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/192895-only-18-rape-convictions-recorded-in-nigerias-legal-history-lawyer.html

only 18 rape convictions in this country's history

https://punchng.com/lagos-recorded-2252-rape-cases-in-two-years/

2252 reported rape cases in lagos in the last two years. i doubt those 18 fall into it. anyway, no problem, lets do it your way. i'm sure everyone of those victims will find justice, not so?
Totally valid...But what do we gain if we teach our daughters how to fight kung fu and they get their hands/limbs broken or even loose their lives, or still over powered only for the rapist to go scot free? The Major goal, should be to punish any rapist and not kung fu. In first world countries, it would be totally fine, as they already have a fully functional legal system compared to Nigeria, where convictions can take forever as well as investigations. We need strong laws to deter would be psychopaths as much as possible.

https://punchng.com/lekki-hotel-rape-lagos-will-continue-prosecution-of-two-varsity-dropouts/
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/337389-alleged-gang-rape-lagos-re-arraigns-5-unilag-students.html
http://saharareporters.com/2019/07/29/nigerian-man-rapes-13-year-old-girl

are any of those armed men? those are just bullies intimidating their victims. if any of them got their asses kicked that is where it would have ended.

try to have some empathy and put yourself in a woman's shoes, instead of citing the laws which mean absolutely nothing

my kids have been on training since they were five , courtesy of their mum. my son is a green belt, his sister is yellow [she is not moving as fast as i would like] no one can bully my son, and soon hopefully, ditto for his sister.
Alright then...Let's forget about strengthening the legal process and teach our sisters and daughters (including minors) kung fu and karate...Martial arts is the way to go
Re: Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence by babyfaceafrica: 4:52pm On Aug 09, 2019
Mizwisdom:

it is because of statement like this ,that rape will not go away
Re: Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence by laudate: 4:55pm On Aug 09, 2019
sreamsense:
Misplaced priorities, Taekwandoo in the face of gun and knife, it might increase rape casualities indirectly, modern technologies can do better and more cost effective than wasting millrions on professional taekwandoo trainers
With the right kind of Taekwondo kicks, you can disarm a man wielding a knife with a blow to his stomach or groin.

Zionista:
I've seen a female yellow belt holder in Taekwando disarm a drunk fvcktard armed with a broken bottle in a pub in a clinical fashion.

It's a good initiative.

Please they should include that priceless kick in the groin that demobilizes the strongest of men grin
Thank you for educating the clueless, bro'.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oby Ezekwesili Blasts Buhari On Freezing Accounts Of #EndSARS Promoters / FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others / Air Marshal Nsikak Eduok Is Dead As NAF Mourns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.