Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,889 members, 7,824,712 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence (31843 Views)

Betty Akeredolu Struggles To Prevent Husband From Eating Mistress' Concoctions / Betty Akeredolu Speaks On Imo-East Senatorial Primaries, Says Election Not Held / Betty Akeredolu Chased Out Of APC Secretariat In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence by sreamsense: 11:22pm On Aug 10, 2019
candygist:

You are just too dump to make common sense.
The first lady of ondo state as stated that the case of rape is getting high in the state and she says she will like to train ladies on how to defend them self by teaching them takwando skills for self defence which to me is not a bad idea. You said its a misp[sub][/sub]laced priority, How ? Are you expecting her to just cross her legs and do nothing ?
How will technology tackle rape abeg ? If Nigeria govt can't even use the same tech to fight insecurity since I was born up till date.

Your brain still came up with a stupid excuse that Nigeria govt is struggling to pay workers and to you that should be talked first.

Incase you can't read well. The first lady of Ondo state as taking it upon herself to train ladies in Indo state on how to defend them self since the security men can't stand up to their duty. It's not a bad idea to me and If you think it is, keep arguing with your dull brain and mind. I rest my case

I wonder how somebody will talk this rubbish in the 21st century and asked "How will technology tackle rape abeg ?". I would prefer if you can allow an intelligent person to stay by your side and interpret this texts to you in your mother-tougue maybe your dull brain can grasp little. I could see from your history that almost all your lifetime on Nairaland has been spent on "Celebrity -entertainment"; little wonder you are so dull, since I was not talking about Davido or talking about "show", "DJ", "rapping", how will you comprehend intelligent texts? This type of message is not for somebody like you that "lost- common sense", but for people with "common sense". How will you understand importance of technology in this context when all you know is about entertainment and celebrity? You have danced away your common-sense, please, call intelligent person to interprete some of these technological devices that are better than Takweandoo for now:

1. sticker-like wearable sensor that can detect sexual assault in real time and quickly alert nearby people as well as the victim's friends and family to seek help (some of these stickers are like smart skin, that can not be easily identified if placed on your skin)

2. Cantus wristband: tells women if their drinks by male counterparts have been poisoned so they can be raped

3. Straw/nail-polish that can detect if drink is poisoned on first date-rape.

4. Invi Bracelet: this bangle releases harsdous smell to prevent rapists and alarm others

5. Consent pack

6. Carrying pepper spray long in the purse/pocket

How will Taekwandoo help a lady that has her drink poisoned before rape on first date? How will Taekwandoo help a lady in gang-up rape where about five or more men gang rape? Or which kind of Takewando skill do you expect minor girls to possess to fight off 37 yrs or above male rapist? Don't you ever know that raping minors and teenagers is the most common rape in Nigeria today? I didn't say Taekwandoo is not good, but I said for more effectiveness, technologies will do better for now before squander money on Taekwandoo.
If I checked your history before and discovered you are one of these playboys that has danced away his common sense via entertainment/celebrity, I wouldn't have wasted my time joining issues with you, you've spent most of your time watching season-1, season-2 ,...movies, you are now too dull to understand simple thing that demands academic-intelligence
Re: Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence by laudate: 3:37am On Aug 11, 2019
Myhusband:
irony of life. someone with zero sense is accusing a psychotherapist of not having common sense

if you care to know I install common sense in empty head like yours free of charge

Re: Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence by Nostradamus: 11:48pm On Aug 18, 2019
zimdante:

High kick to the head is the quickest way to knock your opponent out when they least expect it.
won't such kicks damage the kicker's leg rather than subduing the opponent?

I've got serious reservations about that taekwondo,those fancy kicks won't save you in a physical combat.boxing is better.
Re: Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence by Nobody: 6:33am On Aug 29, 2019
Nostradamus:
won't such kicks damage the kicker's leg rather than subduing the opponent?

I've got serious reservations about that taekwondo,those fancy kicks won't save you in a physical combat.boxing is better.

Not at all, your leg is ten times stronger and heavier than the arms.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others / Patience Jonathan Mourns Bayelsa Women Who Died In Car Accident / El-rufai Lied Over Killing Of 66 Kaduna Residents — CAN, NEMA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.