Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,788 members, 7,827,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Have You Seen This "Local" Home Theater? - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Have You Seen This "Local" Home Theater? (35256 Views)

Price LG 1250w Home Theater / REVIEW NEEDED: Djack 3.1ch Bluetooth Home Theater System Dj-23 / Which Home Theater Should I Go For?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Seen This "Local" Home Theater? by engrchykae(m): 10:35am On Aug 12, 2019
hahn:

Corruption, poverty, kidnappings, armed robberies were also built then.

If solid foundations were laid down then it would be evident now. Don't you think? undecided
from independence the British gave us a bad foundation.
but am not talking about that now.
the fact is that most of our infrastructures were put in place then.
Re: Have You Seen This "Local" Home Theater? by hahn(m): 11:05am On Aug 12, 2019
engrchykae:
from independence the British gave us a bad foundation.
but am not talking about that now.
the fact is that most of our infrastructures were put in place then.

What infrastructure?

The pot holes on our roads?

The lack of constant power supply?

The lack of quality healthcare?

The poor educational standard?

Is it not the same people in charge then that are in charge now?

undecided
Re: Have You Seen This "Local" Home Theater? by issylarry(m): 12:05pm On Aug 12, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

You just took me back to when Nigeria was a country, when coins were precious assets.
When Texaco filling station attendants cleaned your windscreen and thanked you for your patronage.

When Nigerian Airways was still a robust Elephant with wings.
When PAN flooded our streets with seductive 404s.
When we stood by railways counting the number of coaches on each steam train passing.

Do you remember when we used fluorescent tubes to construct HD-ready antennas so we could hear the truth from Siene Allwell Brown and Frank Olize.
And when we put coloured glasses over our TVs so we could watch in colour?

Should I remind you of our TVs that had shutters, keys and legs or tell you the stories of eating moi-moi out of milk cups while watching white cranes come home from their fishing trip and beg them to exchange their white claws with out dirty nails?

When we ate New Society bread with planta.
Drank Ginger Ale or Pronto.
Licked "chichi" sweet and coloured saccharine icecreams after taking an overdose of kwilikwili so we could win the farting competition.

Back to when ladies wore shimmy.
When permed and jerry curled hairs were the styles to beat.
Tales by moonlight for the teens,
Icheokwu for the adults and Danger mouse for the kids.
When we just had to consult the telephone directory to get anyone's land phone number.

Tell me did you write love notes and pass to your crush through her younger ones?
Did you sprain your finger from turning the "roundabout" telephone dial?

Did you knot grass leaves to stay out of trouble?
Did you ever smooch your female neighbor on your father's settee while Teddy Pendergrass record was spinning on the turntable?

Did you walk from house to house on Christmas eve to sing carols?
Lalastic.lala.... Did you ever use Aquafresh toothpaste to drink garri or use Krest and Akanwu for birthcontrol?

Did you ever feel a sense of pride sitting in "Merry-go-round" long buses because your neighbor's kids had to ride their father's Long John bicycle?
Did you ever visit the library to check out what new tale Cyprian Ekwensi or Chinua Achebe had made?

Nigeria was great.
Night journeys were interesting, we had toll gates at every boundary with jovial soldiers exchanging banters there.
Life was greater if you had the privilege of growing up in Eastern Nigeria.

Have been following ur post for somewhile..your contributions to threada are always matured.u remind me d good old days..i cant help but to start reminiscene on dem...U must v gotten about 4or 5 kids now

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen This "Local" Home Theater? by Marotzke(m): 4:41pm On Aug 12, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

You just took me back to when Nigeria was a country, when coins were precious assets.
When Texaco filling station attendants cleaned your windscreen and thanked you for your patronage.

When Nigerian Airways was still a robust Elephant with wings.
When PAN flooded our streets with seductive 404s.
When we stood by railways counting the number of coaches on each steam train passing.

Do you remember when we used fluorescent tubes to construct HD-ready antennas so we could hear the truth from Siene Allwell Brown and Frank Olize.
And when we put coloured glasses over our TVs so we could watch in colour?

Should I remind you of our TVs that had shutters, keys and legs or tell you the stories of eating moi-moi out of milk cups while watching white cranes come home from their fishing trip and beg them to exchange their white claws with out dirty nails?

When we ate New Society bread with planta.
Drank Ginger Ale or Pronto.
Licked "chichi" sweet and coloured saccharine icecreams after taking an overdose of kwilikwili so we could win the farting competition.

Back to when ladies wore shimmy.
When permed and jerry curled hairs were the styles to beat.
Tales by moonlight for the teens,
Icheokwu for the adults and Danger mouse for the kids.
When we just had to consult the telephone directory to get anyone's land phone number.

Tell me did you write love notes and pass to your crush through her younger ones?
Did you sprain your finger from turning the "roundabout" telephone dial?

Did you knot grass leaves to stay out of trouble?
Did you ever smooch your female neighbor on your father's settee while Teddy Pendergrass record was spinning on the turntable?

Did you walk from house to house on Christmas eve to sing carols?
Lalastic.lala.... Did you ever use Aquafresh toothpaste to drink garri or use Krest and Akanwu for birthcontrol?

Did you ever feel a sense of pride sitting in "Merry-go-round" long buses because your neighbor's kids had to ride their father's Long John bicycle?
Did you ever visit the library to check out what new tale Cyprian Ekwensi or Chinua Achebe had made?

Nigeria was great.
Night journeys were interesting, we had toll gates at every boundary with jovial soldiers exchanging banters there.
Life was greater if you had the privilege of growing up in Eastern Nigeria.

Tales by moonlight as presented by Nkem Oseloka Orakwe.
No I did not check for new tales by Achebe and Ekwensi, but I sure did frequent Eastern shop for Pacesetters new releases.
Kalu Okpi and Victor Thorpe were my favorite Authors.
NwaAmaikpe; I am sure I might have come across you at IMT in the late eighties or UNIBEN early Nineties.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 5 Ghanaian Musicians That Blew Directly From Nigeria In Recent Years / Wizkid Ft Akon-don't Dull Remix (download Now) / Don’t Jealous Me: Beyoncé Ft. Tekno, Yemi Alade & Mr Eazi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.