Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,430 members, 7,954,690 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:23 AM

Biafran Soldeirs Bravery And Gallantry - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafran Soldeirs Bravery And Gallantry (6094 Views)

Ademoyega Quote On Biafran Soldeirs / Goodluck Jonathan Visits Umar Muttaka In The Hospital, Commend His Bravery / Tinubu’s Misdirected Anger And Obasanjo’s Bravery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafran Soldeirs Bravery And Gallantry by AntiBalaka: 2:23pm On Aug 11, 2019
oyatz:
Excuse me sir, no one is in prison here and if there is anyone in prison, definitely not me.

As per disintegration of the Country, you are free to do it.
Best of Luck

Good.

Face your Ruga colony and leave us to our nation state.

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Soldeirs Bravery And Gallantry by oyatz(m): 2:26pm On Aug 11, 2019
Bros did you know that Biafra also bombed Lagos and other spots in Nigeria?

Why didn't you too bribe Cameroun, Tchad, Benin Republic and Niger Republic?

Biafra lost partly because the only people willing to die for Biafran causes, the IGBOs are landlocked and with NO INTERNATIONAL BORDERS which made it easy for their opponents to encircled them with no escape routes.

Ojiofor:

If only your genocidist ancestors didn't bribe Cameroon government with Bakassi in return to blockade Biafra and if only your barbaric ancestor were not bombing farm lands and markets,hospitals,Churches,Refugee camps and schools in Biafraland millions of kids and women won't have died.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Soldeirs Bravery And Gallantry by oyatz(m): 2:28pm On Aug 11, 2019
But this is NAIRALAND nau and not Biafran-land sir.

Even after Biafra has been established by Jul 2023, I will still be coming to greet you once in while.

Every quater, I will be coming to spend weekends in Biafra, eat Bush meat with original palm wine in Afikpo, Ofe Nsala in Isialangwa and Isi-Ewu with Hero beer in Onitsha while Amarachi ,Ngozika, Obiangeli or Adaora will be rubbing my back.

So relax bro, we are together...one love!

AntiBalaka:

Good.

Face your Ruga colony and leave us to our nation state.
Re: Biafran Soldeirs Bravery And Gallantry by AntiBalaka: 2:28pm On Aug 11, 2019
oyatz:
This is NAIRALAND and not Biafra sir.

And?
Re: Biafran Soldeirs Bravery And Gallantry by kettykin: 2:32pm On Aug 11, 2019
ConqueredWest:

Over 500,000 Nigerian soldiers paid the ultimate price to defeat the Biafrans.

Nigeria was losing an average of 600 soldiers everyday for 30 months(900days).

Oyatz the records are there for you to read.

if not for the starvation of women and children who are non combatants biafrans , Nigeria Military would have been taught the biggest lesson of the century a lesson that would be used by other world militaries in their strategic discourse and training.

something i discovered was that Nigerian Military targetted only civilian Biafran target whil biafra targeted on Nigerian military target.

3 Likes

Re: Biafran Soldeirs Bravery And Gallantry by Ziggylady(f): 2:34pm On Aug 11, 2019
ConqueredWest:

So, foods from international relief agencies are Nigerian foods.?

Don't worry, another war is coming and we will see the next people who will suffer starvation.

Keep braggkng like you are immune and tnink this is 1967..,As we speak fulani-herdsmen are not sparing you lots insite of your votes fòr buhari...

When poo hits fan now your eyes will clear

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Soldeirs Bravery And Gallantry by Ojiofor: 2:44pm On Aug 11, 2019
oyatz:
Bros did you know that Biafra also bombed Lagos and other spots in Nigeria?

Why didn't you too bribe Cameroun, Tchad, Benin Republic and Niger Republic?

Biafra lost partly because the only people willing to die for Biafran causes, the IGBOs are landlocked and with NO INTERNATIONAL BORDERS which made it easy for their opponents to encircled them with no escape routes.

You have acknowledged that your parents committed genocide.Case closed!

4 Likes

Re: Biafran Soldeirs Bravery And Gallantry by oyatz(m): 2:46pm On Aug 11, 2019
I guess you qouted the wrong person.

ConqueredWest is Biafra personified and a super Hater of the Yoruba People.
You can see his moniker.

However something tells me he is going to give his Life to Christ very soon.

Ziggylady:

Keep braggkng like you are immune and tnink this is 1967..,As we speak fulani-herdsmen are not sparing you lots insite of your votes fòr buhari...

When poo hits fan now your eyes will clear
Re: Biafran Soldeirs Bravery And Gallantry by oyatz(m): 2:48pm On Aug 11, 2019
No, my parents did no such thing sir. My dad was in London then.

Ojiofor:

You have acknowledged that your parents committed genocide.Case closed!
Re: Biafran Soldeirs Bravery And Gallantry by Ojiofor: 2:49pm On Aug 11, 2019
oyatz:
No parents did no such thing sir. My dad was in London then.

Your uncles did.
Re: Biafran Soldeirs Bravery And Gallantry by oyatz(m): 2:57pm On Aug 11, 2019
We suppose to learn from History and avoid repeating the same mistakes.

Nigeria's problem is largely economical in nature.
There are alot of Youths in this country who grew up without solid education or special skills needed to compete in the modern world.
These are the people that are now Boko Haramists, Fulanis Herdsmen, Bandits, kidnappers and other social misfits.

Our present challenges result from the failures of yesteryears.

The rich can NOT sleep because the poor are awake!
Re: Biafran Soldeirs Bravery And Gallantry by oyatz(m): 3:04pm On Aug 11, 2019
No, not at all.

Excuse me sir, are you a registered member of any Political party? If not, please do.

If many of us arguing and accusing one another online are part of the decision makings in this country, we stand a better chance to effect changes, whether it is disintegration, good governance, security & defence or restructuring.

Ojiofor:

Your uncles did.
Re: Biafran Soldeirs Bravery And Gallantry by Ojiofor: 3:07pm On Aug 11, 2019
oyatz:
No, not at all.

Excuse me sir, are you a registered member of any Political party? If not, please do.

If many of us arguing and accusing one another online are part of the decision makings in this country, we stand a better chance to effect changes, whether it is disintegration, good governance, security & defence or restructuring.

Okay.

Re: Biafran Soldeirs Bravery And Gallantry by oyatz(m): 3:10pm On Aug 11, 2019
Thanks be to thee, my good friend for this revelation. For only a man in whom the wisdom of the gods dwelleth knowst a thing as this.

kettykin:

if not for the starvation of women and children who are non combatants biafrans , Nigeria Military would have been taught the biggest lesson of the century a lesson that would be used by other world militaries in their strategic discourse and training.

something i discovered was that Nigerian Military targetted only civilian Biafran target whil biafra targeted on Nigerian military target.
Re: Biafran Soldeirs Bravery And Gallantry by AntiBalaka: 3:11pm On Aug 11, 2019
[s]
oyatz:
We suppose to learn from History and avoid repeating the same mistakes.

Nigeria's problem is largely economical in nature.
There are alot of Youths in this country who grew up without solid education or special skills needed to compete in the modern world.
These are the people that are now Boko Haramists, Fulanis Herdsmen, Bandits, kidnappers and other social misfits.

Our present challenges result from the failures of yesteryears.

The rich can NOT sleep because the poor are awake!
[/s]

And you still support the same useless structure put in place since 1970.

You only believe in Nigeria's unity from an unfair economic advantage.

Since you refuse to address the issues and like the way the country is being run, then all you posted there is hogwash.
Re: Biafran Soldeirs Bravery And Gallantry by googi: 3:19pm On Aug 11, 2019
Who started this topic and for what purpose?

I hope you got the lecture you want. Do you have to celebrate your own defeat, beat your chest as victims in a War you instigated by telling living witnesses it was not Igbo coup, that was mismanaged during and after the coup by selfish Igbo officers.

What are you celebrating or glorifying expecting those you want to kill to feed you?

You killed their god by gaining the trust of Hausa soldiers that all Nigerians including Hausa will be liberated.

A great opportunity to turn Nzeogwu into National Hero. No, you have to reveal yourselves as ingrates that humiliate their benefactors everywhere.

How? Started dancing, beating your chests and celebrating as usual in the North of all places and where their god was brutally massacred.

Is that not enough to turn Hausa supporters of Nzeogwu agayin Igbo?

Igbo please RONU.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Soldeirs Bravery And Gallantry by Aidejay(m): 3:30pm On Aug 11, 2019
Oyatz
Whaw! Applaudise
U try ooh! Very entertaining u had time to engage these pple much appreciated it's however unfortunate that words have fallen on deaf ears and history is about to repeat itself. The benefactors of this wickedness in it's numerous forms are about to lead their blind loyalists to fight for rubbish while they hide in their towers and bunkers scattered all over the world.
This thread became sad and full of dumb comments after sometime but thank goodness for you. Respect!

1 Like

Re: Biafran Soldeirs Bravery And Gallantry by AntiBalaka: 3:32pm On Aug 11, 2019
[s]
Aidejay:
Oyatz
Whaw! Applaudise
U try ooh! Very entertaining u had time to engage these pple much appreciated it's however unfortunate that words have fallen on deaf ears and history is about to repeat itself. The benefactors of this wickedness in it's numerous forms are about to lead their blind loyalists to fight for rubbish while they hide in their towers and bunkers scattered all over the world.
This thread became sad and full of dumb comments after sometime but thank goodness for you. Respect!
[/s]

You expect another threat of war to pacify us?

Karma and not history is about to make her entrance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Soldeirs Bravery And Gallantry by Aidejay(m): 3:41pm On Aug 11, 2019
AntiBalaka:
[s][/s]

You expect another threat of war to pacify us?

Karma and not history is about to make her entrance.
Fck ur expectations
Who gives a fck about u?
Bla bla bla
Bla bla bla
Please allow better quote me.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Soldeirs Bravery And Gallantry by AntiBalaka: 3:51pm On Aug 11, 2019
[s]
Aidejay:

Fck ur expectations
Who gives a fck about u?
Bla bla bla
Bla bla bla
Please allow better quote me.

[/s]

Afonja wey never reclaim Ilorin won defend one Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Soldeirs Bravery And Gallantry by oyatz(m): 3:58pm On Aug 11, 2019
Bros, you need to understand one thing sir.

Everybody can NOT be on the same page with you. Even in your family, not everybody will share the same level of enthusiasm with you about a particular course ,for instance the Biafrans struggle.

As per Nigeria's structure, what are you doing to change it or dismantle it?

1) Are you building enough arsenal and training adequate soldiers to challenge Nigerian Army to Biafran war-2?

Or

2) Are you exploring the Political option by taking over the machineries of Government?

AntiBalaka:
[s][/s]

And you still support the same useless structure put in place since 1970.

You only believe in Nigeria's unity from an unfair economic advantage.

Since you refuse to address the issues and like the way the country is being run, then all you posted there is hogwash.
Re: Biafran Soldeirs Bravery And Gallantry by Aidejay(m): 4:05pm On Aug 11, 2019
AntiBalaka:

Afonja wey never reclaim Ilorin won defend one Nigeria
wait ooh! U must have misconceived my Intentions let me make it clearer
I am not interested in having any form of back and forth with you. Far be it from me to engage you in such, it will be an unnecessary drain on my data, battery capacity, time and intellect.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Soldeirs Bravery And Gallantry by AntiBalaka: 4:05pm On Aug 11, 2019
oyatz:
Bros, you need to understand one thing sir.

Everybody can NOT be on the same page with you. Even in your family, not everybody will share the same level of enthusiasm with you about a particular course ,for instance the Biafrans struggle.

As per Nigeria's structure, what are you doing to change it or dismantle it?

1) Are you building enough arsenal and training adequate soldiers to challenge Nigerian Army to Biafran war-2?

Or

2) Are you exploring the Political option by taking over the machineries of Government?

I told you to face your ruga

Not everyone is ready to relinquish their sovereignty and land like you.

Face Ilorin and leave us to our course. It's not as if we are pulling out with you.

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Soldeirs Bravery And Gallantry by AntiBalaka: 4:07pm On Aug 11, 2019
Aidejay:
I am not interested in having any form of back and forth with you. Far be it from me to engage you in such, it will be an unnecessary drain on my data, battery capacity, time and intellect.

And where you invited here?

You and your fellow afonjas invaded this thread and turned it to an anti Biafran thread.

Just waka pass

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Soldeirs Bravery And Gallantry by kayroc: 4:14pm On Aug 11, 2019
BaaleOko:

So Wikipedia which any idiot can edit is now your source of information on the Civil War? Even with all the countless books on the war written by credible

Thank God that some people still know history in this country. The Biafrans fought like lions and only France gave half support. Jacques Foquart of FranceAfrique fame was the one that offered Ojukwu's representatives the neocolonial deal that would guarantee Total EXCLUSIVE rights to lift crude from Biafra for 99 years. Ojukwu rejected the deal and offered right of first refusal and beneficial prospecting rights but that was not enough for France so they decided to give half-baked support to Biafra in an effort to bleed Nigeria as a whole.

Igbos and the other constituent people of Biafra put the entire Federal Government as well as the tens of thousands of Soviet, Chadian, Sudanese and Egyptian mercenaries to shame and had to resort to seige tactics to starve Biafra because not even the Tiv that they gathered from Benue were interested in attacking again after suffering numerous humiliating defeats.

The biggest crime of Igno elites is refusing to publicise the actual history of the war in an organized way, instead they rely on father to son transmission of the facts. The Biafran War of Independence was a conflict that was fought gallantly by the outnumbered and outgunned Biafrans.

If France had given full support and shipped the full consignment of arms through Cameroon, Biafra will be an independent state today. I am not Igbo but the Igbo elites didn't try. We don't see films or even books or activism getting strong funding to keep the memory alive. Igbos just decided to move on and give One Nigeria a chance- when the Hausa have never forgiven them for the humiliating defeats that Igbos inflicted on them.

Yorubas that didn't suffer anywhere near Igbos after June 12 were celebrating June 12 as public holiday since 1999. Where is Biafra Remembrance Day? Where is Biafra Genocide Day? Igbo politicians and elites are the ones that are the problems of Igbos worldwide.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Biafran Soldeirs Bravery And Gallantry by Aidejay(m): 4:16pm On Aug 11, 2019
AntiBalaka:

And where you invited here?

You and your fellow afonjas invaded this thread and turned it to an anti Biafran thread.

Just waka pass
Re: Biafran Soldeirs Bravery And Gallantry by AntiBalaka: 4:19pm On Aug 11, 2019
[s]
Aidejay:
[/s]

And I told you to Fck off my thread

1 Like

Re: Biafran Soldeirs Bravery And Gallantry by kettykin: 4:22pm On Aug 11, 2019
it seems all we are waiting is for the official launch of the commencement of the second civil war by alhaji Mohammadu Buhari , but i dont think igbos are ready or even preparing for this
Re: Biafran Soldeirs Bravery And Gallantry by Aidejay(m): 4:24pm On Aug 11, 2019
AntiBalaka:
[s][/s]

And I told you to Fck off my thread
] wait ooh! U must have misconceived my Intentions let me make it clearer
Re: Biafran Soldeirs Bravery And Gallantry by KingOdart(m): 5:07pm On Aug 11, 2019
BaaleOko:

So Wikipedia which any idiot can edit is now your source of information on the Civil War? Even with all the countless books on the war written by credible participants and authors, which are also available in the internet database and other public domains ... surely you can't be that stupid to cite Wikipedia as your go-to source. Firstly there's a difference between diplomatic support and military support, and even your useless wiki source is fraught with inaccuracies, misinformation, and evident tampering of facts by some dunce with a false sense of knowledge on the facts of the civil war. Let me briefly school you cause I spent the best part of my life reading and researching on the Biafran war, so I'm educated and versed enough to reel out my facts which you can verify for yourself (hopefully you will actually put your time and brain to extensive use, rather than recourse to the most ridiculous, intellectually demeaning and laziest source as your mainstay of fact). On your Wiki source... It's pertinent to know that more than half of those countries listed there that supposedly supported Biafra DID NOT actually support the new Republic, pick up some books, articles, journals (I can recommend some for you), if you are intellectually lazy to actually use Google and type out the countries that recognized and supported Biafra during the war... the results will actually show up on many credible sources and database. But back to my point, Diplomatically few counties like Ireland, Gabon, Ivory Coast, Zambia, Haiti, Tanzania and few other Scandinavian countries like Norway supported Biafra... But NEVER MILITARILY aided the Biafrans (I'm sure you are smart enough to know the difference between diplomatic support and Military support), so in hope that you do...i will press on with my points. Those aforementioned countries I mentioned, that diplomatically supported Biafrans provided help in various capacities like Ireland sending planeloads of relief materials through organizations like CARITAS, IICC, and the Red cross via Sao tome, and then to Biafra to feed the starving population (God bless the people of Ireland who stood up for injustice to the end). Ireland also did send lots of their Reverend fathers, sisters, missionaries, doctors, and relief workers to help Biafrans in various humanitarian capacities. The other countries I mentioned did play some vital role in sustaining the Biafran struggle by been conduits in bringing international awareness via the press, media, and other outlets available that helped globalize the suffering of the Biafran population (especially in the peak of mass starvation setting in) especially when a disease caused by protein deficiency affecting Biafran children called Kwashiokor began to hit TV and newspapers all over the world for the first time...eliciting an international outrage never seen up till that point.

Now THE ONLY COUNTRY THAT MILITARILY supported Biafra was France, and even this was rather belated and half-hearted, it was actually until the late quarter of 1968 that France started to provide weapons to Biafran soldiers... no other country is on record for supporting Biafra militarily except France... Of course there were few foreign mercenaries from South Africa(like the famous Taffy Williams), Germany (like Rolf Steiner), and few others from Belgium, Sweden and Rhodesia... But this were just mercenaries that were paid for short term periods to fight for Biafra before leaving to their respective countries. For all purpose and intent, Biafrans were mostly on their own, fighting mostly with old rusty bolt action rifles or weapons they captured from enemy soldiers killed in combat, against far better equipped Nigerian soldiers who rolled out British and Russian equipped modern weapons like Ferrets, Saracen armored cars, artillery guns and shells, fighter jets and bombers, hundreds of mercenaries from Egypt, Chad, Cameroon, and pretty much the rest of Nigeria including non-Igbos in Biafra especially from the minority areas that helped to sabotage the war effort by showing Nigerian troops secret routes to attack Biafran soldiers etc... the backbone of Biafran resistance was mostly gotten from what Igbos ingeniously invented by themselves like the Ogbunigwe and locally made claymores etc. For clarity sake, the Igbos faced an enemy force 10x bigger, definitely paling in comparison to its smaller and spent size.

And yes the classified files revealed the statistics on the casualties suffered by the Nigerian army was higher than the Biafran side... in Abagana alone, nearly 30,000 Nigerian troops were wiped out in what was to become the biggest ambush of the war... other battles like the disastrous River Niger crossing attempts by Murtala Muhammad's 2 infantry division that saw about 9,000 soldiers massacred by the Biafrans(even Nigerian officers who witnessed and survived it, went on to write about it in their civil war memoirs)... I could go on and on. The only massive kill ratio the Nigerian government had to their name was mostly meted out on women, children, and old people(Civilians to be precise ) ...no thanks to starvation, terror bombings from mostly Egyptian piloted planes, "shoot-to-kill anything that moves orders" as famously declared by the likes of Adekunle etc.

In hindsight, I doubt any ethnic group would have survived or lasted as long as the Igbos did if you consider the handicap on their end, I'm pretty the Yorubas would have surrendered in just few months of fighting had they been in the shoes of the Igbos (after all the Western region remained occupied by predominantly Northern troops before, during, and even after the war)... and the yorubas were to scared to send them packing... Igbos did, and had to pay the price by fighting nearly the whole of Nigeria backed by international superpowers... I don't want war or advocate for it, but a people who have seen war in all its horrors like the Igbos have with all its aftermaths like the wicked political and economic policies initiated by the Nigerian government to further subjugate the Igbos... You've got to respect them inspite of your bias/hatred for been able to weather the storm ad emerge even stronger in nearly any indices of socio-economic achievements in that country.

Wow

All these wailing for what?

It really pained you

Biafran are cowards kiss the truth
Re: Biafran Soldeirs Bravery And Gallantry by AntiBalaka: 5:11pm On Aug 11, 2019
KingOdart:

Wow

All these wailing for what?

It really pained you

Biafran are cowards kiss the truth

AntiBalaka:
Biafra

30,000 active combatants with a handful of volunteers and mercenaries.

Nigerian Federal forces

250,000 active regular combatants supported by military advisers from USSR, UK, Egyptian and Pakistan pilots and combatants plus an unknown number of Chadian mercs.

Total Military Casualties

100,000 dead.

If every single one of the 30,000 Biafran soldiers was killed in action that leaves a whopping 70,000 dead federal soldiers.

The kill ratio was 2- 10. That is assuming at least a 60% casualty figure on the Biafran side, there would be at least 18,000 KIAs with 12,000 surviving the war.

Consequently, we are left with 86,000 dead niggerians.

Now if you consider that the fighting force was overwhelmingly in favour of the Niggerians, 3 to 25, you will see this figure of 86000 killed Niggerians as a remarkable feat.

Outgunned 3 to 25 with no air and naval power plus no excess world war 2 weapons from UK and Russia, the Biafrans fought gallantly.
Re: Biafran Soldeirs Bravery And Gallantry by KingOdart(m): 5:23pm On Aug 11, 2019
AntiBalaka:

I told you to face your ruga

Not everyone is ready to relinquish their sovereignty and land like you.

Face Ilorin and leave us to our course. It's not as if we are pulling out with you.

As if you have reclaimed the lands Igala people took from you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Ugwuanyi Swears In 6 New Judges, Chief Judge Praises Governor / Senate To Screen Service Chiefs Behind Closed Doors Today / Economic Crisis: Slump In Port Operations Puts 40,000 Jobs At Risk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.