₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,318,820 members, 5,112,845 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2019 at 07:28 PM

What Do Opposers of Tithe And Prosperity Make Of Zech 1:17 and Math 23:23 ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do Opposers of Tithe And Prosperity Make Of Zech 1:17 and Math 23:23 ? (458 Views)

The Most Important Type of Tithe / Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian / Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do Opposers of Tithe And Prosperity Make Of Zech 1:17 and Math 23:23 ? by paxonel(m): 6:58am On Aug 13
CodeTemplar:

You inserted what I haven't said into my comment and still further changed its interpretation from its simple meaning before going on to reply to it. If you are serious, back up your own arguments with relevant scriptures and stop replying to figments of your own imagination.

NB: If you want to debate about the identity of the bible itself you can open another thread for it.
OK, I agree.
I inserted what you haven't said in your comment.
But can you please explain what you mean by

If I follow that ur interpretation then no part of the bible is for non-Jews.

Because, certainty, it means no part of tithing is for non-Jews as I have earlier said which is very true.

3 Likes

Re: What Do Opposers of Tithe And Prosperity Make Of Zech 1:17 and Math 23:23 ? by CodeTemplar: 10:50am On Aug 14
Edu3Again:
The law of tithing died in the with Jesus on the Cross, thats why Jesus never collected tithes.

Before Jesus died they offered sacrifices,after His death they stopped.
Remember Jesus asked a man to offer sacrifices according to moses.

Matthew 8:4
And Jesus saith unto him, See thou tell no man; but go thy way,
shew thyself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

When Jesus died & rose , people no more offered sacrifices.

Likewise Jesus said to the Pharisees they needn't neglect tithing as He Jesus had not yet died.

Once Him Jesus died,the law of tithes died with Him.

Jesus never collected tithes,the Apostles never collected tithes.

So who are these fake pastors to collect tithes?

Lets assume we want to follow the Law of tithing,they why dont they share the tithes with
the widows & poor?

Why do only the big pastor take the tithes?

Deuteronomy 26:12
When thou hast made an end of tithing all the tithes of thine increase the third year,
which is[b] the year of tithing, and hast given it unto the Levite, the stranger,
the fatherless, and the widow,[/b] that they may eat within thy gates, and be filled;

If the Pastorenurs are serious about the law of tithing then let them share the tithes
with the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow!

Now who is now the Levite?

So you can see that the Pastors are simply enriching themselves

Then why did Jesus endorse it in Mathew 23:23?
Re: What Do Opposers of Tithe And Prosperity Make Of Zech 1:17 and Math 23:23 ? by UceeGod(m): 11:14am On Aug 14
CodeTemplar:

My friend, Jesus didn't endorse tithing. Try to sit down and understand the Bible when you read it. Why do you keep misinterpreting the Bible just to continue spreading you satanic doctrines of material prosperity.
I already told you Jesus was pointing out to the pharisees the wrong they were doing as under the Old testament. Jesus never told His desciples under the new testament to tithe like they do under the old covenant.

4 Likes

Re: What Do Opposers of Tithe And Prosperity Make Of Zech 1:17 and Math 23:23 ? by CodeTemplar: 11:40am On Aug 14
UceeGod:

My friend, Jesus didn't endorse tithing. Try to sit down and understand the Bible when you read it. Why do you keep misinterpreting the Bible just to continue spreading you satanic doctrines of material prosperity.
I already told you Jesus was pointing out to the pharisees the wrong they were doing as under the Old testament. Jesus never told His desciples under the new testament to tithe like they do under the old covenant.
If you claim it was under old testament where exactly was it discontinued in the new testament?

You know you are twisting scriptures even without pointing it out to you.

2 Peter 1:20 clearly tells us no scripture or prophecy is of any private interpretation so that trash about Jesus addressing the Pharisees alone won't fly here.
Even if you remain stubborn in the face of scriptural back up then it simply means all the words of Jesus are contextual according the particular person(s) He was addressing. That will be a disastrous foundation for you to build your points upon.
Re: What Do Opposers of Tithe And Prosperity Make Of Zech 1:17 and Math 23:23 ? by Edu3Again: 2:56pm On Aug 14
CodeTemplar:

As I explained that Jesus had not died so the law was in effect.

Just as Jesus asked them to offer sacrifice, He okayed them to paying tithes

Who is better to collect tithes than Jesus?

Yet Jesus did not.

2 Likes

Re: What Do Opposers of Tithe And Prosperity Make Of Zech 1:17 and Math 23:23 ? by UceeGod(m): 5:36pm On Aug 14
CodeTemplar:
If you claim it was under old testament where exactly was it discontinued in the new testament?

You know you are twisting scriptures even without pointing it out to you.

2 Peter 1:20 clearly tells us no scripture or prophecy is of any private interpretation so that trash about Jesus addressing the Pharisees alone won't fly here.
Even if you remain stubborn in the face of scriptural back up then it simply means all the words of Jesus are contextual according the particular person(s) He was addressing. That will be a disastrous foundation for you to build your points upon.
2 Peter 1 : 20 - knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation
You twisted this passage my friend
Pray that God gives you understanding, you need it urgently. Plus you should try to know the meaning of prophecy, compare with what Jesus said in Matthew 23v23 and see who is twisting the Bible

2 Likes

Re: What Do Opposers of Tithe And Prosperity Make Of Zech 1:17 and Math 23:23 ? by Love4God: 7:43am On Aug 15
CodeTemplar:
I thought it good to hear the opinion of those who hitherto opposed prosperity of churches as entities and tithing.

Zechariah 1:17
Cry yet, saying, Thus said the LORD of hosts; My cities through prosperity shall yet be spread abroad; And the LORD shall yet comfort Zi'on, and shall yet chose Jerusalem.

As for tithe, Jesus Himself says in Mathew 23:23;

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Explanation.
We have three values or instructions or commandments. The scribes ignored them. They are judgement, mercy and faith but paid tithes and Jesus told them
these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
Tithes are to be collected but to be used in assisting those who are in need in the church and also for charity purposes as well as in the equipping and maintenance of the church.
Those who think otherwise should go and tell their pastors their views on tithes or better still attend a Sunday school or bible study program of their church to make their points.
When he saw the Jews selling in the temple of God he was against it by scattering their products which they sold.
If he was also against tithes don't you think he would have also done the same thing.
Re: What Do Opposers of Tithe And Prosperity Make Of Zech 1:17 and Math 23:23 ? by CodeTemplar: 7:46am On Aug 15
Love4God:

Tithes are to be collected but to be used in assisting those who are in need in the church and also for charity purposes as well as in the equipping and maintenance of the church.
Those who think otherwise should go and tell their pastors their views on tithes or better still attend a Sunday school or bible study program of their church to make their points.
When he saw the Jews selling in the temple of God he was against it by scattering their products which they sold.
If he was also against tithes don't you think he would have also done the same thing.

That's for the opposer's of tithe to answer o. me I pay it and preach it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Share Your Testimony / A Word Of Prayer. / The Attitude Of Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.