Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,257 members, 7,953,971 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:04 AM

Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account (55382 Views)

Maduka Onyishi Wins Vanguard Newspaper Innovator Of The Year Award (pictures) / Cadbury Nigeria Reports N28.2billion Loss In 2023, Shareholders’ Funds Wiped Out / Abideen Olasupo Returns $2,397 Credited To His Account In Error (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by Stillthebest: 8:28pm On Aug 11, 2019
Mutemenot:
Imagine the kind of loan these men are taking Na who get mind go make am for business ... when he invest such cash into his biz. People 'll be shouting ritual ritual

It wasn't a loan bro. He wanted to changer dollars to naira

2 Likes

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by seunjungle1(m): 8:29pm On Aug 11, 2019
This man had just exposed his foolishness to whole globe. Both you and any of those financial institutions cook this news are not sincere, but it is you I pity most cos you just opened your foolishness to the world.
Kidnappers are locating your GRP link right now, now they know you as billionaire. You would be able to vomit two to three hundred million at a deal.

Continue exposing something that suppose to take cover

5 Likes

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by Badgers14: 8:32pm On Aug 11, 2019
Why did he post his full account information without blocking anything Just plain stupid..

Boys are not smiling this days, with the information posted there, someone could withdraw money from his akant very easily!!!!

I hope he wakes up tomorrow money with some cash in his account to fiddle with grin grin

But on a serious note tho, he should change his account number.. for all reading this, do not post your check online with out hiding your account number and routing number.. some bad guys out there can clean you out quickly!!!

1 Like

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by MobilityExpress: 8:32pm On Aug 11, 2019
dingbang:
Imagine say GTB credit innoson account mistakenly grin

Innoson will mistakenly spend the money grin

1 Like

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by Princedapace(m): 8:34pm On Aug 11, 2019
YanDKoko:
This is a good one!

When will Nigerian Youths stop the folly of TRIBALLY fighting each other online/offline and fight the real enemy: the corrupt political office holders turning them against each other and their evil ideologies?

They have been using the divide and rule system! Great Youths, Unite against those robbing you and your generation yet unborn of a Beautiful life & future!!

Kindly repost & share on every social media platform till every youth wakes up!!! We can and should do this TOGETHER

Funny enough, those leaders do laugh at Nigerian youths. Wole Shoyinka's comment about the youths can tell more about this. Even Buhari insulted the youths.

The political class are aware that the youths are dysfunctional. Worse part of it is that na broke, hungry, unemployed youths go Dey fight them selves on top politicians who have their kids well secured. Lol.
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by four4: 8:34pm On Aug 11, 2019
G
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by Adimet: 8:34pm On Aug 11, 2019
naijapips04:
Theres more to the story. Money laundry gone wrong.
you are the only person making sense...dats money laundering that went wrong...This bankers ehn

5 Likes

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by pek(m): 8:36pm On Aug 11, 2019
realstars:
The prayers; farther put us not into temptation but deliver us from all evil.

Dr.Onyishi has pass the test..
We where watching to see if you will yield into that small temptation.

Dr onyishi your name will be written in the book of good men
Congratulations sir. .......
*father*

1 Like

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by ReeLoaDead(m): 8:36pm On Aug 11, 2019
Celebsnews:
...Btw, so after commenting on a Muslim thread, where I was forced to swear that prophet Muhammad is what ever, what ever...
Congrats, you have now qualified yourself to be either 3rd or 4th wife to a rich 60+ year old Alhaji ... cool
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by four4: 8:36pm On Aug 11, 2019
Celebsnews:
Lol. He had no choice though. He can't run with such an amount.

Btw, so after commenting on a Muslim thread, where I was forced to swear that prophet Muhammad is what ever, what ever... is now on my profile? Like for real? So, if someone checks my profile that's what he would think I feel? Lol... This nairaland moderators ain't serious. I believe nothing. What ever happens on nairaland, remains in nairaland. Don't force any belief on us.

These Muslim guys comment on Christian posts freely.
grin grin sombory force u to comment on Muslim thread?

2 Likes

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by frozen70(f): 8:38pm On Aug 11, 2019
Whatever, even if he doesn't return the excess, it will be traced to him and it will tarnish his image

His reputation is important to him

1 Like

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by frozen70(f): 8:39pm On Aug 11, 2019
seunjungle1:
This man had just exposed his foolishness to whole globe. Both you and any of those financial institutions cook this news are not sincere, but it is you I pity most cos you just opened your foolishness to the world.
Kidnappers are locating your GRP link right now, now they know you as billionaire. You would be able to vomit two to three hundred million at a deal.

Continue exposing something that suppose to take cover

What is wrong with your brain ❓

Check well for leakages

2 Likes

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by nopoverty(m): 8:41pm On Aug 11, 2019
Pls,just give me 5m out of the money
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 11, 2019
I like the logical process of this rugged Ibo man, because am sure he knows there was no way he could have gone away with that cash grin

His public display of honesty has just cost a careless banker his/her job though. . . .
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by careytommy37(m): 8:43pm On Aug 11, 2019
Celebsnews:
Lol. He had no choice though. He can't run with such an amount.

Btw, so after commenting on a Muslim thread, where I was forced to swear that prophet Muhammad is what ever, what ever... is now on my profile? Like for real? So, if someone checks my profile that's what he would think I feel? Lol... This nairaland moderators ain't serious. I believe nothing. What ever happens on nairaland, remains in nairaland. Don't force any belief on us.

These Muslim guys comment on Christian posts freely.

Sorry. I deleted my previous profile because if this.
If it bothers you, delete this account and register a ndw one
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 11, 2019
Efcc should just investigate this high level fraud played by the big boys.....especially Unity Bank.

1 Like

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by nwanyionitsha: 8:46pm On Aug 11, 2019
Jabioro:
What you can't get away with, you better not do it to avoid EFCC queries..
See them.
He did the right thing.
He blew their cover. Stolen money.
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by nwanyionitsha: 8:48pm On Aug 11, 2019
dododawa1:
believe this story at your own PARIS.
You are in pains,I can see.
The thing shock you.
You fear say Igbo man get this kind money.
And these ones are silent billionaires and them boku.
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by shogsman(m): 8:49pm On Aug 11, 2019
Like he had a choice,aiiint nobody more gangster than a bank.

1 Like

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by Hotzone(m): 8:49pm On Aug 11, 2019
fear of EFCC or....:

1 Like

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by ajayiopy: 8:49pm On Aug 11, 2019
FlirtyKaren:
In a rare display of honesty, the Managing Director of Peace Mass transit, Dr Maduka Onyishi has returned a whopping sum of N2,219,500,000 which was wrongly paid into his account to First Bank.

The cheque was received on behalf of First Bank by the Business Manager, Commercial Banking, Mr Kokelu Ben and the Branch Manager, Unity Bank, Enugu Branch, Mrs Ifeoma Eleanya.

Dr Onyishi who explained how he discovered the huge sum in his First Bank account said that he had requested for $3m from the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN through Unity Bank PLC only to be paid $10m instead, which is about N3,219,500,000 representing an excess of N2,219,500,000.

According to him, “The amount they paid in was N3,219,500,000 but my own money there is N1,000,000,000 so the balance is not my money. I said that I cannot invest this money and be gaining from another person’s money and I can’t also keep it. I can’t keep $7m Dollars that doesn’t belong to me.

“I told my bank to pay money into my account that I want to take 3 million dollars and they paid ten Million Dollars instead. I called them and informed them that the amount they paid to me was more than the amount I requested. They told me that the ten million Dollars was my money.

“I was angry with them. I asked them how come I have this kind of money and I’m not aware of it. I asked them how come they went ahead to invest my money without telling me so that I can use my money and then I can know how much I have.

“I told them that they have failed to give me a statement of my account even when I have demanded for it severally. I discovered later that the amount was even more than what we are talking about because there was another person I asked the bank to pay money to whom they even paid extra.

“I made enquiries and they told me that I should wait until when it is time for banks to do reconciliation, they will discover whether the fault was from First Bank, Central Bank or Unity Bank. I waited for a whole month and no one called me. I told the devil that he is a deceiver and a liar. He knows that I need money now that is why this thing is happening now.

“That’s why I said, let me invite First Bank and Union Bank and also invite journalists. I said let me give the money to First Bank, if they find out that the money is mine, they should return it. If it belongs to Unity Bank or CBN give it to them. If it is your own, keep it. So I am giving this money to you to keep on trust

He called on the management of CBN, Unity Bank and First Bank to look into the origin of the money and such leakages could come with dire consequences for any commercial institution.

“I had sent emails to the bank to inform them of the wrong payment and they didn’t find anything. My account in First Bank was not debited so they did not see it. Unity Bank did not see anything because they just received the money.

“Nobody knows if the money came through Central Bank because the money came through three organizations before it came to my account in Unity Bank. Why I am doing this is that if it is either First Bank Unity Bank or CBN that has this fault, they should as a matter of urgency block the loophole because this is a sign that people’s money have been missing everyday. It can also lead to a total collapse of any bank.

In his response, the business manager, commercial banking, First Bank, Mr Kokelu Ben said that, “I don’t have any official thing to say but I must state that Dr Onyishi is a man of Integrity. When we look in into the situation we will advise him on what happened and how to remedy this situation.”

Read more >>> https://lailasnews.com/how-peace-mass-transit-chairman-returned-over-n2-2bn-wrongly-credited-to-his-account/

I THINK CBN SAID THE FACE VALUE OF A CHEQUE SHOULD NOT BE MORE THAN 10M

2 Likes

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by Deicide: 8:50pm On Aug 11, 2019
Brother for use everything buy bitcoin grin
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by doctore212(m): 8:51pm On Aug 11, 2019
Can I see a 2nd hand Sex doll in Aba.

Recently, the high cost of Oloshos are making me to rethink.

I want to stop spending my money on Oloshos from next month.

Pls treat as urgent.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by ogaontop(m): 8:51pm On Aug 11, 2019
marshalldgreat:
If you hadn't returned the money, they would've tracked you...

By then he could have done some sharp transactions and make serious profit within some few days
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by Stillthebest: 8:53pm On Aug 11, 2019
Zombiekiller010:
Some top bank officials used his account to steal money, no be today such thing dey happen .a student of polybadan saw 900million naira in his first bank account in 2010 and raised alarm. He was given automatic employment as a lecturer in civil engineer department and a car by MFM CU's he was the fellowship President as at that time. It was later we got to know the money was meant to be kept in his account from CBN for days before it will be wired back and be shared by those behind it.

You are right. But they don't use accounts that the holder is active in terms of withdrawal /deposits/ and other activities.

2 Likes

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by nwanyionitsha: 8:53pm On Aug 11, 2019
WildChild00:

Thomas shocked
The guy is shocked because it has to do with an Igbo man. They don't believe there are many silent billionaires in the east.
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by ussv: 8:54pm On Aug 11, 2019
hmmmm.......i wonder why dem do returning ceremony

1 Like

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 11, 2019
naijapips04:
Theres more to the story. Money laundry gone wrong.
money laundry Abi? Na so my brother, na money LAUNDRY

1 Like

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by nwanyionitsha: 8:57pm On Aug 11, 2019
UrVillagePpl:
he deserve an applaud... but still, he for no fit run with the money wink
Run to where?
Did you read the post?
Well,let me break it down,he wrote a cheque for $3million,and he was overpaid.
He doesn't need to run,he isn't a poor man.
Stop reading headlines and jumping into conclusion.

1 Like

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by nwanyionitsha: 9:01pm On Aug 11, 2019
Ikpeazukerosene:

He can't get away with it. Forget story.
Why are you people like this?
You call yourselves sophisticated but can't read the news but jump into conclusion based on headlines.
The person in question is a billionaire and was overpaid his requested amount. So he isn't a poor person who is looking for money.

1 Like

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by oneTIMEman(m): 9:02pm On Aug 11, 2019
I have returned 55k wrongly paid to my account, i didn't make noise
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by nwanyionitsha: 9:05pm On Aug 11, 2019
OgaBuhari:
exactly. that amount is just too huge and would certainly choke his throat.
so there's nothing saintly about this as he was only considering the aftermath effects of eloping with such amount of money
Obviously you didn't read the news.
The person in question is a billionaire so he had no reason to take the money.
He only exposed the corruption in the system because the money would have been taken by the bank officials if this wasn't exposed.
Try and read the news before commenting.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Naira Finally Crashes To 260 Per Dollar, Its Lowest In 42 Years / How To Buy From Alibaba And Ship To Nigeria. / Femi Otedola And Family Invited To Buckingham Palace For Dinner In UK (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.