Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,598 members, 7,820,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account (55090 Views)

Cadbury Nigeria Reports N28.2billion Loss In 2023, Shareholders’ Funds Wiped Out / Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum / Abideen Olasupo Returns $2,397 Credited To His Account In Error (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by Olalan(m): 8:07pm On Aug 11, 2019
Any sane person would do same
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by Eroms4life17(m): 8:08pm On Aug 11, 2019
Who go credit my account mistakingly please? Gt bank 0033203718. Omogie Eromosele Stephen

4 Likes

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by ecclize: 8:08pm On Aug 11, 2019
Celebsnews:
Lol. He had no choice though. He can't run with such an amount.

Btw, so after commenting on a Muslim thread, where I was force to swear that prophet is what ever, the what ever is now on my profile. Like for real? So, if someone checks my profile that's what he would think I feel? Lol... This nairlands moderators ain't serious. I believe nothing. What ever happens on nairaland, remains in nairaland. Don't force any belief on us.

These Muslim guys comment on Christian posts freely.
Who tell u?...
Na to find good lawyer
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by meezynetwork(m): 8:08pm On Aug 11, 2019
Hmmm. Too much money
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by chloride6: 8:08pm On Aug 11, 2019
Commendable but them go still know sha...

1 Like

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by raphy(m): 8:09pm On Aug 11, 2019
am praying for someone to mistakenly pay a huge sum of money into my account one day .

someone will blow my mind ijn Amen.
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by feelgoodstuffs(m): 8:10pm On Aug 11, 2019
N2B omo dat na big money oo shocked
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by WildChild00(m): 8:10pm On Aug 11, 2019
dododawa1:
believe this story at your own PARIS.

Thomas shocked
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by dangoteinlaw: 8:11pm On Aug 11, 2019
Jabioro:
What you can't get away with, you better not do it to avoid EFCC queries..
trust me in 2019 u can get away with more than that, to me I see this as pure honesty coupled with a little ounce of fear lol at my grammar sha

4 Likes

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by Alwaysking: 8:13pm On Aug 11, 2019
See money
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by Mutemenot(m): 8:13pm On Aug 11, 2019
Mmm
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by SouthSouth1914: 8:13pm On Aug 11, 2019
Seems more of publicity than integrity

2 Likes

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by Alwaysking: 8:14pm On Aug 11, 2019
dododawa1:
believe this story at your own PARIS.
No be only PARIS nah LONDON. sad

6 Likes

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by UrVillagePpl: 8:14pm On Aug 11, 2019
he deserve an applaud... but still, he for no fit run with the money wink

4 Likes

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by CorperShop(f): 8:15pm On Aug 11, 2019
That's very noble of him

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by Ijawwomaninoyo: 8:15pm On Aug 11, 2019
Drabeey:
Mission accomplished, it made the news

Yes, before the week runs out, he will release fresh pictures on Nairaland.
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by Ikpeazukerosene: 8:16pm On Aug 11, 2019
Eroms4life17:
Who go credit my account mistakingly please? Gt bank 0033203718. Omogie Eromosele Stephen

It's like you want to die in jail.
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by Ikpeazukerosene: 8:16pm On Aug 11, 2019
dangoteinlaw:
trust me in 2019 u can get away with more than that, to me I see this as pure honesty coupled with a little ounce of fear lol at my grammar sha

He can't get away with it. Forget story.

3 Likes

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by Trueyarn(m): 8:17pm On Aug 11, 2019
I am more honest than this man, if CBN does not, believe I am gonna put a bold asset as collateral, let them give me 20 million dollars and see.

1 Like

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by farem: 8:20pm On Aug 11, 2019
yarimo:
So some IPOBIANS are this honest?

Dont make mistake, this is not IPOBIAN, he is Igbo!
Get it right.
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by OgaBuhari: 8:20pm On Aug 11, 2019
marshalldgreat:
If you hadn't returned the money, they would've tracked you...
exactly. that amount is just too huge and would certainly choke his throat.
so there's nothing saintly about this as he was only considering the aftermath effects of eloping with such amount of money

4 Likes

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by daddytime(m): 8:20pm On Aug 11, 2019
You for keep the money na...lol

Na another GT v INNOSON we for dey read about...

1 Like

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 11, 2019
I'll take my chances if it were me. It might feel good to be wanted grin
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by Exponental(m): 8:23pm On Aug 11, 2019
There isn't a choice in this case..... He would have vomited it with interest. He only saved his head.

4 Likes

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by marshalldgreat(m): 8:24pm On Aug 11, 2019
OgaBuhari:
so there's nothing saintly about this as he was only considering the aftermath effects of eloping with such amount of money
very correct

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by millionboi2: 8:24pm On Aug 11, 2019
marshalldgreat:
If you hadn't returned the money, they would've tracked you...
he is not a politician,he worth d Mone 2,he can keep prosponing d own 3.

So appreciate
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by ngadaAwo: 8:24pm On Aug 11, 2019
[s]
OgaBuhari:
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by ngadaAwo: 8:24pm On Aug 11, 2019
[s]
GeneralPula:
People can believe anything sha!
[/s]
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:24pm On Aug 11, 2019
naijapips04:
Theres more to the story. Money laundry gone wrong.
I'd rather use dry cleaning ����

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by okeniti: 8:25pm On Aug 11, 2019
Whilst commendable, using stolen money only leads to your personal downfall and/or your generation paying for your sins (for the most part). The choice is yours.
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by wink2015(m): 8:27pm On Aug 11, 2019
FlirtyKaren:
In a rare display of honesty, the Managing Director of Peace Mass transit, Dr Maduka Onyishi has returned a whopping sum of N2,219,500,000 which was wrongly paid into his account to First Bank.

The cheque was received on behalf of First Bank by the Business Manager, Commercial Banking, Mr Kokelu Ben and the Branch Manager, Unity Bank, Enugu Branch, Mrs Ifeoma Eleanya.

Dr Onyishi who explained how he discovered the huge sum in his First Bank account said that he had requested for $3m from the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN through Unity Bank PLC only to be paid $10m instead, which is about N3,219,500,000 representing an excess of N2,219,500,000.

According to him, “The amount they paid in was N3,219,500,000 but my own money there is N1,000,000,000 so the balance is not my money. I said that I cannot invest this money and be gaining from another person’s money and I can’t also keep it. I can’t keep $7m Dollars that doesn’t belong to me.

“I told my bank to pay money into my account that I want to take 3 million dollars and they paid ten Million Dollars instead. I called them and informed them that the amount they paid to me was more than the amount I requested. They told me that the ten million Dollars was my money.

“I was angry with them. I asked them how come I have this kind of money and I’m not aware of it. I asked them how come they went ahead to invest my money without telling me so that I can use my money and then I can know how much I have.

“I told them that they have failed to give me a statement of my account even when I have demanded for it severally. I discovered later that the amount was even more than what we are talking about because there was another person I asked the bank to pay money to whom they even paid extra.

“I made enquiries and they told me that I should wait until when it is time for banks to do reconciliation, they will discover whether the fault was from First Bank, Central Bank or Unity Bank. I waited for a whole month and no one called me. I told the devil that he is a deceiver and a liar. He knows that I need money now that is why this thing is happening now.

“That’s why I said, let me invite First Bank and Union Bank and also invite journalists. I said let me give the money to First Bank, if they find out that the money is mine, they should return it. If it belongs to Unity Bank or CBN give it to them. If it is your own, keep it. So I am giving this money to you to keep on trust

He called on the management of CBN, Unity Bank and First Bank to look into the origin of the money and such leakages could come with dire consequences for any commercial institution.

“I had sent emails to the bank to inform them of the wrong payment and they didn’t find anything. My account in First Bank was not debited so they did not see it. Unity Bank did not see anything because they just received the money.

“Nobody knows if the money came through Central Bank because the money came through three organizations before it came to my account in Unity Bank. Why I am doing this is that if it is either First Bank Unity Bank or CBN that has this fault, they should as a matter of urgency block the loophole because this is a sign that people’s money have been missing everyday. It can also lead to a total collapse of any bank.

In his response, the business manager, commercial banking, First Bank, Mr Kokelu Ben said that, “I don’t have any official thing to say but I must state that Dr Onyishi is a man of Integrity. When we look in into the situation we will advise him on what happened and how to remedy this situation.”

Read more >>> https://lailasnews.com/how-peace-mass-transit-chairman-returned-over-n2-2bn-wrongly-credited-to-his-account/

There is more to this story.

It is either the first bank official attempted to share money laundered into their bank by using a wealthy customer who apparently was not ready to do deal with them. Or it is the first bank official that deliberately transferred the money of one of their dead customers.

THERE IS MORE TO THIS STORY THAN MEET THE HUMAN EYES OR IMAGINATION.

3 Likes

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by marshalldgreat(m): 8:28pm On Aug 11, 2019
millionboi2:
he is not a politician,he worth d Mone 2,he can keep prosponing d own 3.

So appreciate
my brother he did it to save his head

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Customers Refuse To Leave First Bank Premises (photos) / 10 Businesses That Will Suffer Under BUHARI / Femi Otedola, Do You Go To Work? Instagram Follower Asks Billionaire Businessman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.