Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,779 members, 7,955,980 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:20 PM

Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account (55383 Views)

Maduka Onyishi Wins Vanguard Newspaper Innovator Of The Year Award (pictures) / Cadbury Nigeria Reports N28.2billion Loss In 2023, Shareholders’ Funds Wiped Out / Abideen Olasupo Returns $2,397 Credited To His Account In Error (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by ngadaAwo: 11:25pm On Aug 11, 2019
[s]
OgaBuhari:
another fraudulent ipob miscreant spotted at close range.
at least I commend this igbo man with a Yoruba blood and the reason he is this honest is because he was bred, trained and schooled in the West assuming he was brought up in the Eastern region we all know he would have eloped with the money to establish his drug business in Malaysia. grin
[/s]
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by dododawa1: 12:02am On Aug 12, 2019
Nephygg:

Peril not paris
can you imagine,I said PARIS,this one telling me PERIL, NONSENSE .
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by francomania: 12:06am On Aug 12, 2019
Good for him, he was smart, they wanted to set him up, but dude beat them to their game.

1 Like

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by OgaBuhari: 12:15am On Aug 12, 2019
ngadaAwo:
[s][/s]
what the hell happened to your tigerclaws moniker
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by OgaBuhari: 12:16am On Aug 12, 2019
dododawa1:
can you imagine,I said PARIS,this one telling me PERIL, NONSENSE .
hahahah lol as if u no sabi wetin u post he wan come form scholar for here

2 Likes

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by Pasima(m): 12:20am On Aug 12, 2019
Useless man
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by Ikpeazukerosene: 1:15am On Aug 12, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
Why are you people like this?
You call yourselves sophisticated but can't read the news but jump into conclusion based on headlines.
The person in question is a billionaire and was overpaid his requested amount. So he isn't a poor person who is looking for money.

Stop typing as if you don't know anything. If you know little of the banking sector, that's your headache.

Whether he's a billionaire doesn't matter and I don't see how that relates to the topic. Only poverty mentality would make you believe that because he's a billionaire, nothing would happen to him. Those who would treat his bleep up are institutions richer and more powerful than him. Go and ask Ibeto.

1 Like

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by Nobody: 3:09am On Aug 12, 2019
marshalldgreat:
If you hadn't returned the money, they would've tracked you...

And do what to him?
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by Ferdinandu(m): 3:50am On Aug 12, 2019
There is some sort of financial crime going on somewhere. EFCC is becoming stricter and some people are looking for loopholes to launder money which they will find impossible to move through the stricter financial system. Peace Chairman being a legal known business man comes handy as an easier conduit. How can there be a mistake to such huge sum and after a whole month of reporting it, the source is not yet found. They should tell that to the birds. The peace Chairman refused to play to the game. EFCC should look into that case. Nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by Ferdinandu(m): 3:58am On Aug 12, 2019
seunjungle1:
This man had just exposed his foolishness to whole globe. Both you and any of those financial institutions cook this news are not sincere, but it is you I pity most cos you just opened your foolishness to the world.
Kidnappers are locating your GRP link right now, now they know you as billionaire. You would be able to vomit two to three hundred million at a deal.

Continue exposing something that suppose to take cover
It is you that really look foolish if I may say. That Peace mass transit chairman is a billionaire is no news to any Nigerian . It is just like saying that Dangote showed that he has 100 million dollars in his bank balance. Does that surprise anyone? He is already a juicy kidnap target before now so.

2 Likes

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by frickyjohn: 4:23am On Aug 12, 2019
See miracle money.... Dr Onyishi is truly a man of integrity. The money could actually belong to him and he didn't know

FlirtyKaren:
In a rare display of honesty, the Managing Director of Peace Mass transit, Dr Maduka Onyishi has returned a whopping sum of N2,219,500,000 which was wrongly paid into his account to First Bank.

The cheque was received on behalf of First Bank by the Business Manager, Commercial Banking, Mr Kokelu Ben and the Branch Manager, Unity Bank, Enugu Branch, Mrs Ifeoma Eleanya.

Dr Onyishi who explained how he discovered the huge sum in his First Bank account said that he had requested for $3m from the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN through Unity Bank PLC only to be paid $10m instead, which is about N3,219,500,000 representing an excess of N2,219,500,000.

According to him, “The amount they paid in was N3,219,500,000 but my own money there is N1,000,000,000 so the balance is not my money. I said that I cannot invest this money and be gaining from another person’s money and I can’t also keep it. I can’t keep $7m Dollars that doesn’t belong to me.

“I told my bank to pay money into my account that I want to take 3 million dollars and they paid ten Million Dollars instead. I called them and informed them that the amount they paid to me was more than the amount I requested. They told me that the ten million Dollars was my money.

“I was angry with them. I asked them how come I have this kind of money and I’m not aware of it. I asked them how come they went ahead to invest my money without telling me so that I can use my money and then I can know how much I have.

“I told them that they have failed to give me a statement of my account even when I have demanded for it severally. I discovered later that the amount was even more than what we are talking about because there was another person I asked the bank to pay money to whom they even paid extra.

“I made enquiries and they told me that I should wait until when it is time for banks to do reconciliation, they will discover whether the fault was from First Bank, Central Bank or Unity Bank. I waited for a whole month and no one called me. I told the devil that he is a deceiver and a liar. He knows that I need money now that is why this thing is happening now.

“That’s why I said, let me invite First Bank and Union Bank and also invite journalists. I said let me give the money to First Bank, if they find out that the money is mine, they should return it. If it belongs to Unity Bank or CBN give it to them. If it is your own, keep it. So I am giving this money to you to keep on trust

He called on the management of CBN, Unity Bank and First Bank to look into the origin of the money and such leakages could come with dire consequences for any commercial institution.

“I had sent emails to the bank to inform them of the wrong payment and they didn’t find anything. My account in First Bank was not debited so they did not see it. Unity Bank did not see anything because they just received the money.

“Nobody knows if the money came through Central Bank because the money came through three organizations before it came to my account in Unity Bank. Why I am doing this is that if it is either First Bank Unity Bank or CBN that has this fault, they should as a matter of urgency block the loophole because this is a sign that people’s money have been missing everyday. It can also lead to a total collapse of any bank.

In his response, the business manager, commercial banking, First Bank, Mr Kokelu Ben said that, “I don’t have any official thing to say but I must state that Dr Onyishi is a man of Integrity. When we look in into the situation we will advise him on what happened and how to remedy this situation.”

Read more >>> https://lailasnews.com/how-peace-mass-transit-chairman-returned-over-n2-2bn-wrongly-credited-to-his-account/

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by roygbiv01: 5:25am On Aug 12, 2019
It was a setup.
All setup.

Thank God for you.
Best wishes uncle.

1 Like

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by Borntofuck: 5:37am On Aug 12, 2019
Jabioro:
What you can't get away with, you better not do it to avoid EFCC queries..
how many have you see EFCC jailed,just enjoy the money and stay in vip cell for 2 days
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by yommen: 6:22am On Aug 12, 2019
yarimo:
So some IPOBIANS are this honest?

This is rude to the personality of the person in the news. I'm not Ibo. In fact, I'm Yoruba. So, don't misquote me.
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by Awaja(m): 6:27am On Aug 12, 2019
You did the right thing coz such huge amount can’t stay long with you without been traced .
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by okaforlazarus90(m): 6:32am On Aug 12, 2019
YanDKoko:
This is a good one!

When will Nigerian Youths stop the folly of TRIBALLY fighting each other online/offline and fight the real enemy: the corrupt political office holders turning them against each other and their evil ideologies?

They have been using the divide and rule system! Great Youths, Unite against those robbing you and your generation yet unborn of a Beautiful life & future!!

Kindly repost & share on every social media platform till every youth wakes up!!! We can and should do this TOGETHER
It's only a wish! They can't.
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by ngadaAwo: 6:54am On Aug 12, 2019
[s]
OgaBuhari:
what the hell happened to your tigerclaws moniker
[/s]
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by ngadaAwo: 7:08am On Aug 12, 2019
[s]
OgaBuhari:
hahahah lol as if u no sabi wetin u post he wan come form scholar for here
[/s]
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by Olarewaju89: 7:24am On Aug 12, 2019
BVN can make someone be honest sha

1 Like

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by Psoul(m): 7:52am On Aug 12, 2019
YanDKoko:
This is a good one!

When will Nigerian Youths stop the folly of TRIBALLY fighting each other online/offline and fight the real enemy: the corrupt political office holders turning them against each other and their evil ideologies?

They have been using the divide and rule system! Great Youths, Unite against those robbing you and your generation yet unborn of a Beautiful life & future!!

Kindly repost & share on every social media platform till every youth wakes up!!! We can and should do this TOGETHER

It cannot work again in this country. The unity has bn deeply destroyed. Anyone telling you that we can come together politically or religiously in this country. Look into the person's eye and tell him/her that he/she is a liar. Our temporary unity is only on the case of sports (especially football) which is gradually getting threatened by this same disunity.
I am not a pessimist but I'm telling u the fact.
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by Badgers14: 8:25am On Aug 12, 2019
penocrat1:
. It is a lie.no one can withdraw money from your bank account using only your account number.talk wisely.
But he should not have displayed all the account details

Don't argue what you don't know. Just learn.

Don't post your routing number and your account number, account name online. Bad guys can clean you out fiam!!!

2 Likes

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by xtivin2: 8:26am On Aug 12, 2019
Money laundering method from bankers, the plan is to get in touch with him later and explain to him its a mistake, an account will be provided where the money will be sent. High profile people are the target because efcc will not question their worth.

3 Likes

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by DJInfluence: 9:06am On Aug 12, 2019
before EFCC go break him door at the middle of the night.

1 Like

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by Insectkiller: 10:16am On Aug 12, 2019
Honesty kwa...It's not honesty...

It's fear of higher interest payment..

Check it out!
grin grin grin
yarimo:
So some IPOBIANS are this honest?

1 Like

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by Sniper101(m): 10:56am On Aug 12, 2019
this one sef na Good Deed??

...wen bank transfer excess loan of $7m give u, u go fit deny say na $3m wey you see and not $10m??

abeg make una carry this news go front.

If given the chance or a choice, Ibo man would've kept the money for himself (he had no choice, that's why he had to return it).

1 Like

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by BrutalJab: 12:19pm On Aug 12, 2019
Drabeey:
Mission accomplished, it made the news

I hope you cried yourself to sleep
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by tiwiex(m): 12:22pm On Aug 12, 2019
marshalldgreat:
If you hadn't returned the money, they would've tracked you...

I really don't know why it made news. They deliberately paid him more than he really requested. They would charge him interest on all of it. At his scale of doing business, I don't think he should have made this news. Maybe he had another underlying motive.

1 Like

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by Sardauna24(m): 2:14pm On Aug 12, 2019
[quote author=Celebsnews post=81163163]Lol. He had no choice though. He can't run with such an amount.

Btw, so after commenting on a Muslim thread, where I was forced to swear that prophet Muhammad is what ever, what ever... is now on my profile? Like for real? So, if someone checks my profile that's what he would think I feel? Lol... This nairaland moderators ain't serious. I believe nothing. What ever happens on nairaland, remains in nairaland. Don't force any belief on us.

These Muslim guys comment on Christian posts freely. [/quote Why did u comment?who force you.I sight u bunch of Hypocriets
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by 9jaRealist: 8:52am On Aug 13, 2019
Enangson:
Did I just see ONLY on that check?

“Only” on a check is merely Old Skool banking transactions formality...
It means the Bank should not pay a kobo more than the stated amount.
>

1 Like

Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by NairalandAngel(m): 2:15pm On Aug 13, 2019
sapele914:
$7 million in my account by mistake?back to the United States,change of name immediately,with the balance,make myself available to work for the CIA.

And you think the CIA will just give you automatic employment without first running a background check on you?
Re: Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account by Silverweb: 2:59pm On Aug 13, 2019
Do u know you cant grow that your business without proper bookkeeping/financial accounting?

Let us be your bookkeeper and send you monthly income statement to measure growth for only 1k monthly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Naira Finally Crashes To 260 Per Dollar, Its Lowest In 42 Years / Femi Otedola And Family Invited To Buckingham Palace For Dinner In UK (photos) / How To Buy From Alibaba And Ship To Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.