Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. (33561 Views)

Check How Much My Mother Used To Buy Garri And How Much I'm Buying Now / Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma / Garri And Fried Fish Served At A Wedding In Lagos! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Charleys: 5:29pm On Aug 12, 2019
EnaibeSam:
White garri undergo some level of fermentation, thereby containing some degree of alkanol/ alcohol. Yellow garri is more nutritious, it contains more fibre which enhance digestion and also contains lipid from palm oil.

Eat Urhobo garri and forget your sorrow.

That one wey them dey sell for Delta wey look like gold. gringrin

1 Like

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Google7: 5:29pm On Aug 12, 2019
Yellow garri is tasteless, period!

White garri Ijebu no need sugar or groundnut o... it's a snack even in its purest form.

Even its water alone refresh pass Pepsi or beer inside hot weather.

Try it and thank me later.

2 Likes

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Tajbol4splend(m): 5:29pm On Aug 12, 2019
gaetano:
Garri na Garri, forget colour. After all if you use white Garri make eba chop egusi soup, e go yellow inside belle

Lol
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by martineverest(m): 5:30pm On Aug 12, 2019
chigoziri2403:
They are the same thing
Just add red oil to white garri gives you red garri
they are not actually..the red oil in yellow garri neutralises the toxic substance in garri

1 Like

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 12, 2019
WalkerMichael:

Yes. But I advice you going to the nearest market at your locality and request that you are looking to buy garri ijebu. Its usually fine and very smooth... Most times, very white than the usual garri.

You can get one from jumia too https://www.jumia .com .ng/saranna-global-premium-ijebu-garri-1kg-5819473.html
Remove spaces)
Thanks man..
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by IjebuWarrior: 5:33pm On Aug 12, 2019
White of course... it's original, real and very Yoruba from it's source.

The yellow one is fake as fake from the east could be. They even borrowed the term "garri" from Yoruba. cool

1 Like

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by MartinsD12(m): 5:34pm On Aug 12, 2019
WalkerMichael:
My brother in the Lord.. Have you ever tried this combo before on a very sunny afternoon??

White garri + groundnuts + plenty milk + FIBRE ACTIVE BISCUIT [i][/i] + very chilled pure water... I swear you would forget your name....

I'll keep saying it, I would never forsake drinking garri even if I have 1billion in my account... Life saver ayeeee
Na so bro I concur with that combination grin
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Charleys: 5:35pm On Aug 12, 2019
IjebuWarrior:

The yellow one is fake as fake from the east could be. They even borrowed the term "garri" from Yoruba. cool

Garri is an urhobo language not a Yoruba language.

1 Like

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by MartinsD12(m): 5:36pm On Aug 12, 2019
post=81189591:

For Eba that goes with our various delicious Soup : YELLOW GARRI ALL THE WAY!

For Drinking. just like a snack with different good things that goes with it : White/Ijebu GARRI ALL THE WAY!

And as an unpartial Nigerian like yours truly, you can always combine the two garris together!
It make sense that way too!! cheesy wink

Nigeria Garri : Saving lives since The Garden of Eden!

A PICTURE SPEAKS MORE THAN A THOUSAND WORDS!!

END OF THREAD!!
Garri saving lives since the time of boarding schools still counting grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by WalkerMichael(m): 5:36pm On Aug 12, 2019
MartinsD12:

Na so bro I concur with that combination grin

Lol naso brother. That combination bad gaan... I'm eating it currently sef grin
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:36pm On Aug 12, 2019
MartinsD12:

Garri saving lives since the time of boarding schools still counting grin
Naso.com cheesy

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by IjebuWarrior: 5:36pm On Aug 12, 2019
Charleys:

Garri is an urhobo language not a Yoruba language.

False! Garri is Yoruba all day! angry

1 Like

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Google7: 5:36pm On Aug 12, 2019
I no know which one carry medicine or nutrition but if na taste,

Yellow garri is tasteless, period!

for medicine you fit dey soak yellow garri if you no get parasol money but if you ready chop make dem find you white Ijebu garri; confirma exportable commodity!
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by ngadaAwo: 5:38pm On Aug 12, 2019
[s]
IjebuWarrior:

[/s]

1 Like

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by ngadaAwo: 5:38pm On Aug 12, 2019
[s]
IjebuWarrior:

[/s]

1 Like

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by EnaibeSam: 5:39pm On Aug 12, 2019
Charleys:

That one wey them dey sell for Delta wey look like gold. gringrin

Hahaha, yea it really looks like gold. E make sense die.

1 Like

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Charleys: 5:39pm On Aug 12, 2019
IjebuWarrior:

Cassava is not even African.
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by MartinsD12(m): 5:39pm On Aug 12, 2019
Charleys:
I've been trying to know which is better for sipping.

Yello garri ooo it's the best for sipping but with white you go need to add milk, groudnut, coconut to reduce starch content

1 Like

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by starbright4real(m): 5:39pm On Aug 12, 2019
elo every one am a graduate of accounting (HND) pls i seriously need a job. i wil appreciate any positive response.
brightnigeria@gmail.com
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by IjebuWarrior: 5:40pm On Aug 12, 2019
ngadaAwo:
[s][/s]

I hope the mods are seeing this dude just crossing out pple's comments for no just reason before he starts reporting everyone like jungle parrot.

Lalasticlala, mynd44

1 Like

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by IjebuWarrior: 5:41pm On Aug 12, 2019
Charleys:

Cassava is not even African.

Says who?
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by MartinsD12(m): 5:41pm On Aug 12, 2019
WalkerMichael:

Lol naso brother. That combination bad gaan... I'm eating it currently sef grin
For boarding school that time if you get garri you be the real 2 baba asin Dangote for garri life saver all the way

2 Likes

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Bigcowhorn: 5:41pm On Aug 12, 2019
IjebuWarrior:

I suppose Edo and Igbo people come to Yoruba land to buy poor tasting garri then bleach it to get their own variety

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Charleys: 5:42pm On Aug 12, 2019
IjebuWarrior:

Says who?

Do you even know cassava was imported into Nigeria. That we were only depending on yam.?

You no know your history.
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by wizardus: 5:42pm On Aug 12, 2019
gaetano:
Garri na Garri, forget colour. After all if you use white Garri make eba chop egusi soup, e go yellow inside belle
Lol..
As a guy man with family and with good cooking skills..I think the yellow is for eba and there's another one that's white and not tasty for drinking...but the one for drinking na ijebu garri
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Goalnaldo(m): 5:42pm On Aug 12, 2019
WalkerMichael:
My brother in the Lord.. Have you ever tried this combo before on a very sunny afternoon??

White garri + groundnuts + plenty milk + FIBRE ACTIVE BISCUIT [i][/i] + very chilled pure water... I swear you would forget your name....

I'll keep saying it, I would never forsake drinking garri even if I have 1billion in my account... Life saver ayeeee
yeah I have done that alot except with fibre
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Charleys: 5:43pm On Aug 12, 2019
MartinsD12:

For boarding school that time if you get garri you be the real 2 baba asin Dangote for garri life saver all the way

2baba for boarding house grin
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by WalkerMichael(m): 5:43pm On Aug 12, 2019
Goalnaldo:
yeah I have done that alot except with fibre

Try it with that biscuit someday bro! You would LOVE IT!
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by IjebuWarrior: 5:44pm On Aug 12, 2019
Bigcowhorn:

I suppose Edo and Igbo people come to Yoruba land to buy poor tasting garri then bleach it to get their own variety

Thank God for Yoruba else, you won't even exist. grin

1 Like

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Charleys: 5:45pm On Aug 12, 2019
WalkerMichael:

Try it with that biscuit someday bro! You would LOVE IT!

That fibre active biscuit killed cabin biscuit.
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Omoslim26: 5:45pm On Aug 12, 2019
Garri na garri apart from bleaching the garri with red oil there is notin different bside the origina colour is white
bt wait oo aw dis thing take enter front page sef nawa for seun oo
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Charleys: 5:46pm On Aug 12, 2019
IjebuWarrior:

You dey lay claim to garri hahahaha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) / My Neighbours Ate Sallah Ram Meat Without Inviting Me - Young Man / 4 Ways Nigerians Are Endangering Their Lives With Food They Eat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.