Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,929 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. (33606 Views)

Check How Much My Mother Used To Buy Garri And How Much I'm Buying Now / Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma / Garri And Fried Fish Served At A Wedding In Lagos! (2) (3) (4)

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Sanchez01: 5:14pm On Aug 12, 2019
Charleys:
I've been trying to know which is better for sipping.

Well, the white is but not all whites. A poorly fried cassava flakes won't do you any good in water as the starch would make it super thick and paste-like, and would soak in water faster.

Plus, there are some white flakes that are specifically made for Eba. Should you soak them, you'll want to cut your meal short.

Garri Ijebu is the best for sipping. It is properly fried and sour. Any other thing is punishment.

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by papaput2(m): 5:15pm On Aug 12, 2019
Depends on what side of the kitchen you stand dey see d white n yellow garri if u stand from left side is good from right is also good ....

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by AgentGoat: 5:15pm On Aug 12, 2019
The colour doesn't determine the quality.
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by bigpicture001: 5:16pm On Aug 12, 2019
catwalq:
Ijebu garri is best for sipping

Y...?
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by gabsmilez(m): 5:16pm On Aug 12, 2019
Charleys:
I've been trying to know which is better for sipping.

yellow garri is a man (Igbo) while white garri is a woman (yoruba)

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by bigpicture001: 5:17pm On Aug 12, 2019
AgentGoat:
The colour doesn't determine the quality.

It does..cuz d oil content dilutes the hypersaturated starch content of garri
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 12, 2019
Seriously
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Crossbow(m): 5:17pm On Aug 12, 2019
White garri is best for drinking, yellow for Eba..
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 12, 2019
Odunharry:
Nothing beats Ijebu Garri for drinking...
I've been hearing of this ijebu garri but never tasted it... Do they sell it in normal retail stores?...
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by danietohbadt(m): 5:20pm On Aug 12, 2019
White garri is good for sipping, while yellow garri is better for Eba.
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 12, 2019
gabsmilez:
yellow garri is a man (Igbo) while white garri is a woman (yoruba)
Lol... Guy leave me abeg.... So u Don know the gender each of them get abi....

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 12, 2019
durubennie:
God of christ

And this is on the front page?
:

lol..... NL no get anything again to post here.... ndi a eh
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by WalkerMichael(m): 5:22pm On Aug 12, 2019
Felixamos:

I've been hearing of this ijebu garri but never tasted it... Do they sell it in normal retail stores?...

Yes bro...
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by oyetunder(m): 5:22pm On Aug 12, 2019
rip news. news is dead.
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Odunharry(m): 5:23pm On Aug 12, 2019
Felixamos:

I doubt. I have seen few people do a advert though.

You get it mostly in streets tied in nylon. Between 50-100 naira.
The good thing is you can take it without adding sugar but brace yourself, for it slaps when takin it especially the very dry ones

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by hakeem4(m): 5:23pm On Aug 12, 2019
I prefer the white for drinking while the yellow for making Eba
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Bukasint(f): 5:24pm On Aug 12, 2019
bigpicture001:

It does..cuz d oil content dilutes the hypersaturated starch content of garri

Baba...no dey talk trash...u wan deceive innocent citizens.. This horrible... What's the chemical reaction..I.have never heard of oil desaturating fat....

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 12, 2019
WalkerMichael:

Yes bro...
So I should just tell them I want to buy ijebu garri? How do I know if it's the real ijebu garri?
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by doublecross(m): 5:25pm On Aug 12, 2019
durubennie:
God of christ

And this is on the front page?
:
lol i swear the thing tire me. the best reply to this dumb question is simply BLUE GARRI

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Tookool(m): 5:26pm On Aug 12, 2019
Op ..... what do you want to use the answer and do?
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 12, 2019
Odunharry:

I doubt. I have seen few people do a advert though.

You get it mostly in streets tied in nylon. Between 50-100 naira.
The good thing is you can take it without adding sugar but brace yourself, for it slaps when takin it especially the very dry ones
Thanks... But how come people talk so much about it if it slaps(has a soar taste) when sipping it?
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by WalkerMichael(m): 5:27pm On Aug 12, 2019
Felixamos:

So I should just tell them I want to buy ijebu garri? How do I know if it's the real ijebu garri?

Yes. But I advice you going to the nearest market at your locality and request that you are looking to buy garri ijebu. Its usually fine and very smooth... Most times, very white than the usual garri.

You can get one from jumia too https://www.jumia .com .ng/saranna-global-premium-ijebu-garri-1kg-5819473.html
Remove spaces)
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Onlyonebuhari: 5:27pm On Aug 12, 2019
This question really expose the level of illiteracy among Nigerians. They dont read nor do research about what they consume. Thanks to our parents for so intelligent and renowned and that's why they live longer that this social media agents.
Yellow Garri is far better than white Garri because white Garri contain HYDROCYANIC ACID HCN which is highly poisonous. But yellow Garri contains oil which is an anti-oxidant that oxidizes the HCN making it poison free. This is the main reason why red oil is commonly used as anti poison reagent.

My advice
Please remain silent or think before you talk, don't be among the educated illiterates that we have in multitudes in the country.
DR AMEEN

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by happy200(m): 5:27pm On Aug 12, 2019
who is posting these pictures na, let me not swear for you o!

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Rilwayne001: 5:27pm On Aug 12, 2019
White.
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by EnaibeSam: 5:28pm On Aug 12, 2019
White garri undergo some level of fermentation, thereby containing some degree of alkanol/ alcohol. Yellow garri is more nutritious, it contains more fibre which enhance digestion and also contains lipid from palm oil.

Eat Urhobo garri and forget your sorrow.

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Mustack: 5:28pm On Aug 12, 2019
chigoziri2403:
They are the same thing
Just add red oil to white garri gives you red garri

New method, add red oil into a bowl of hot water and add your white garri, you'll be surprised with the results.
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Odunharry(m): 5:28pm On Aug 12, 2019
Felixamos:

Thanks... But how come people talk so much about it if it slaps(has a soar taste) when sipping it?
Give it a try and come testify. If u want to blow ur mind, add milk with cold water then eat it with confirm fried fish or groundnut
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by doublecross(m): 5:29pm On Aug 12, 2019
Odunharry:
Nothing beats Ijebu Garri for drinking...
dem say white garri or yellow garri, you come carry your big and long cucumber head dey mention ijebu garri. abi you no finish secondary school?
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by martineverest(m): 5:29pm On Aug 12, 2019
yellow garri is healthier..white garri contains some toxic substance called cyanide..the red oil in yellow garri neutralises the cyannide

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 12, 2019
Odunharry:

Give it a try and come testify. If u want to blow ur mind, add milk with cold water then eat it with confirm fried fish or groundnut
No p... Thanks... I go try am... Hopefully this week...

4 Ways Nigerians Are Endangering Their Lives With Food They Eat / My Healthy Chicken Curry Sauce With Vegetables (Pix) / I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes!