Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. (33550 Views)

Check How Much My Mother Used To Buy Garri And How Much I'm Buying Now / Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma / Garri And Fried Fish Served At A Wedding In Lagos! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by gonkin(m): 6:40pm On Aug 12, 2019
White garri na highest. No stories
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by mu2sa2: 6:40pm On Aug 12, 2019
deebrain:
SOAKING OF THE WHITE AND SOUR IJEBU GARRI

bringing traditional satisfaction to thirsty Nigerians since early 1770
1770 ke. Since time immemorial.
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by nextstep(m): 6:41pm On Aug 12, 2019
chigoziri2403:
They are the same thing
Just add red oil to white garri gives you red garri

They are not the same thing, though the main difference is adding palm oil, like you say. There are also slight process differences:

There's white garri (Ijebu and variants), which have little or no oil and often lime/lemon. Most times it has small granules and has had more of the starch washed out/pressed out during processing.

There's yellow garri which like you mention, contains palm oil. More often than not, it has larger granules, and contains more starch - some to the point it starts acting like lafun.

There's also garri produced from yellow cassava (relatively recent), but I'm not sure what to make of it... reminds me of sweet potato somehow.
I personally prefer white garri for sipping on.

2 Likes

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by frikpus: 6:41pm On Aug 12, 2019
sour garri is the best. Any garri that ull chew and its sweet contains cynamide and its detrimental to health.
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by bluebay(m): 6:42pm On Aug 12, 2019
Go for yellow. Coz the white one can change your face every time you take first spoon

1 Like

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Slimsly100(f): 6:44pm On Aug 12, 2019
WalkerMichael:
My brother in the Lord.. Have you ever tried this combo before on a very sunny afternoon??

White garri + groundnuts + plenty milk + FIBRE ACTIVE BISCUIT [i][/i] + very chilled pure water... I swear you would forget your name....

I'll keep saying it, I would never forsake drinking garri even if I have 1billion in my account... Life saver ayeeee

My brother u forgot to add, dropping some ice cubes in the plate of garri and allowing it to melt while you sip it.
If na my Ikale/Ilaje brethren, they add smoked fish with enough pepper or roasted meat.
Fada lawd!!!!!!
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Charleys: 6:44pm On Aug 12, 2019
bluebay:
Go for yellow. Coz the white one can change your face every time you take first spoon

Hahahaha
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by handsomebanana(m): 6:45pm On Aug 12, 2019
Charleys:

That one wey them dey sell for Delta wey look like gold. gringrin

Lol

Me wey be urhobo boy soak yellow garri die that time when I small to d point my mom say na my favorite food.

Na I enter uni, chop my Lagos guy garri (first time for my life to chip white garri), thinking say all garri na garri, na small thing if not I for fling the bowl together with the garri.

People wey dey chop white garri dey try sha. I no ever fit after my upbringing with correct yellow golden garri

1 Like

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Sike(m): 6:46pm On Aug 12, 2019
catwalq:
Ijebu garri is best for sipping
U SABI

1 Like

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Midas01: 7:00pm On Aug 12, 2019
I have known this since I was a child.
I wonder how people still don't know this.
Onlyonebuhari:
This question really expose the level of illiteracy among Nigerians. They dont read nor do research about what they consume. Thanks to our parents for so intelligent and renowned and that's why they live longer that this social media agents.
Yellow Garri is far better than white Garri because white Garri contain HYDROCYANIC ACID HCN which is highly poisonous. But yellow Garri contains oil which is an anti-oxidant that oxidizes the HCN making it poison free. This is the main reason why red oil is commonly used as anti poison reagent.

My advice
Please remain silent or think before you talk, don't be among the educated illiterates that we have in multitudes in the country.
DR AMEEN

1 Like

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Midas01: 7:01pm On Aug 12, 2019
And I just happen to be urhobo. grin
EnaibeSam:
White garri undergo some level of fermentation, thereby containing some degree of alkanol/ alcohol. Yellow garri is more nutritious, it contains more fibre which enhance digestion and also contains lipid from palm oil.

Eat Urhobo garri and forget your sorrow.

1 Like

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by subcbouy: 7:05pm On Aug 12, 2019
RexTramadol1:
Sipping -white

Eba- yellow

Thank me later.
Coupled White-yellow result sip-eba efficiency. conspiracy theory sha grin

1 Like

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Midas01: 7:06pm On Aug 12, 2019
White garri is trash!!!
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by MrFly(m): 7:08pm On Aug 12, 2019
Garri na garri
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by EnaibeSam: 7:08pm On Aug 12, 2019
Midas01:
And I just happen to be urhobo. grin

Wow so we're brothers

1 Like

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Charleys: 7:12pm On Aug 12, 2019
EnaibeSam:

Wow so we're brothers
Brothers ke?
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Monday60655(m): 7:21pm On Aug 12, 2019
WalkerMichael:
My brother in the Lord.. Have you ever tried this combo before on a very sunny afternoon??

White garri + groundnuts + plenty milk + FIBRE ACTIVE BISCUIT [i][/i] + very chilled pure water... I swear you would forget your name....

I'll keep saying it, I would never forsake drinking garri even if I have 1billion in my account... Life saver ayeeee

You will enjoy it better with well prepared jellof beans
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Fxwarrior: 7:30pm On Aug 12, 2019
Yellow sure pass.
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Fxwarrior: 7:32pm On Aug 12, 2019
chigoziri2403:
and red garri is proteinous

Werey. cheesy
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Fxwarrior: 7:33pm On Aug 12, 2019
Charleys:
because oil was added in it's production. Where are you from?

He's being sarcastic. Can't you get it?
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by EnaibeSam: 7:34pm On Aug 12, 2019
Charleys:

Brothers ke?

But you said you are an Urhobo
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Charleys: 7:36pm On Aug 12, 2019
EnaibeSam:

But you said you are an Urhobo
when did I say that? You are mistaken.
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by judgementyard(m): 7:37pm On Aug 12, 2019
chigoziri2403:
sip white garri then drink red oil, since the oil is medicinal
Lol grin

1 Like

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by ultimateprof: 7:38pm On Aug 12, 2019
I prefer transparent garri.

1 Like

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 12, 2019
yellow is better, white causes diabetes and ruins your sight, not to talk of lowering your IQ.

Check out the areas in the country where white garri is consumed you will verify these facts. cool
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by MountainView: 7:42pm On Aug 12, 2019
WalkerMichael:

This thing taste like the idea came from jah
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by kilisi(m): 7:57pm On Aug 12, 2019
TotoNaRubber:
How did we get here? We are talking the next big thing like FACEBOOK, Amazon.
Op you are talking garri?
cheesy @ your moniker
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by MartinsD12(m): 8:04pm On Aug 12, 2019
Charleys:

2baba for boarding house grin
Yes na garri dey run things unto 2baba levels even 2baba self drink garri for otuokpo boarding school
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Treasure17(m): 8:06pm On Aug 12, 2019
durubennie:
God of christ
And this is on the front page? :

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by MrBONE2(m): 8:06pm On Aug 12, 2019
kaziblake:
For EBA yellow and to sip its white

grin

Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by Topiano17(m): 8:09pm On Aug 12, 2019
coolFrom my own point of view which nobody can change even if u give me money,yellow garri na for eba while white&sour own na for sipping... But if you come mix d two,shai! Na garrieba be that 1 with better okra soup to go... Thankiu
Re: White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. by seunmohmoh(f): 8:12pm On Aug 12, 2019
I love soaking yellow garri

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Catches Big Python In Delta, Butchers It For Pepper Soup (Photos) / How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) / My Neighbours Ate Sallah Ram Meat Without Inviting Me - Young Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.