Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,867 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Rashford Wins King Of The Match Award, Becomes First Player - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rashford Wins King Of The Match Award, Becomes First Player (41104 Views)

Rashford Wins EPL Player Of The Month For The Third Time This Season / Cristiano Ronaldo Wins King Of The Match & Scores 17th Goal Vs Chelsea (Photo) / Ahmed Musa Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rashford Wins King Of The Match Award, Becomes First Player by temmypotter(m): 10:35am On Aug 12, 2019
English media and hype! Sterling was better this weekend.
Re: Rashford Wins King Of The Match Award, Becomes First Player by bamysquare(m): 10:35am On Aug 12, 2019
am united and my blood is red but truthfully Sterling deserved it more....
Re: Rashford Wins King Of The Match Award, Becomes First Player by Uzo239: 10:36am On Aug 12, 2019
Lampard I no tell u!!! no b by pre season ,welcome to d main season shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rashford Wins King Of The Match Award, Becomes First Player by Foodforthought: 10:36am On Aug 12, 2019
DIKEnaWAR:
Why was it not given to Sterling who netted a hat trick and made wonderful contributions in their first game of the season? Why does the English press fail and refuse to honour that boy, who is the best player to come out of England in recent times.

Harry Kane this, Harry Kane that. Or Harry Maguire or Rashford or any other but Sterling.
The genius of city is Guardiola. He turned City into a genius, free-scoring team. Ask yourself how regularly Sterling would score if he played for Man u or Arsenal.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rashford Wins King Of The Match Award, Becomes First Player by Nobody: 10:37am On Aug 12, 2019
DIKEnaWAR:
Why was it not given to Sterling who netted a hat trick and made wonderful contributions in their first game of the season? Why does the English press fail and refuse to honour that boy, who is the best player to come out of England in recent times.

Harry Kane this, Harry Kane that. Or Harry Maguire or Rashford or any other but Sterling.
A simple Google search would have saved you this embarrassment.

Budweiser's mission is to bring fans closer to the kings of the game by giving them the power to choose who inspires them to taste greatness and "Be a King". The Budweiser King of the Match award is given to the player who fans think gave the best performance on the pitch for each Premier League match.

2 Likes

Re: Rashford Wins King Of The Match Award, Becomes First Player by RexTramadol1: 10:37am On Aug 12, 2019
Rashidi oni Ford

Tho' I have my reservations about this my Man United team

Our players are just average, asin Martial o, Rashford o..... average

Any serious team can't think of having Lingard on their starting eleven, he only does solo run once in four seasons

And Mou was right when he said these players are overhyped, they haven't learnt football maturity yet, no confidence/courage

But what baffles me is, a 21 year old in Liverpool or Man city is already having a match-winner mentally

What exactly is wrong with these guys, do they think they will be 23 forever?

M even happy with Ole's omission of Shaw's name from those who tried defensively, he wasn't as fit as he runs his mouth to be.
Re: Rashford Wins King Of The Match Award, Becomes First Player by Angelfrost(m): 10:39am On Aug 12, 2019
They should allow this young man do his job without hanging his small head on the clouds with unnecessary hype... I'm personally expecting a minimum of 60 goals between him and Martial this season... No be just to dey ask for big men salary. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rashford Wins King Of The Match Award, Becomes First Player by Sylraph1: 10:41am On Aug 12, 2019
angry

Why wasn't it given to Sterling sad

Anyway it's initial gra gra....
Can't wait for them meet Man City of LIVERPOOL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rashford Wins King Of The Match Award, Becomes First Player by franklingud(m): 10:41am On Aug 12, 2019
happybee:
Martial deserved to be king of the match...
Martial?
No, he don't deserve it, he spoilt that game.
Dude was busy missing a lot of chances.
Rashford too, messed up the first half but he made up in the 2nd half.

James is my guy

1 Like

Re: Rashford Wins King Of The Match Award, Becomes First Player by Angelfrost(m): 10:43am On Aug 12, 2019
Foodforthought:

The genius of city is Guardiola. He turned City into a genius, free-scoring team. Ask yourself how regularly Sterling would score if he played for Man u or Arsenal.

Precisely... The flow of play from back to front in that team is simply magical. It's like a well oiled land mower.

Guardiola's team selections, and style of play are nothing but pure brilliance.

If there's a club Messi can easily transition to from Barcelona, it most certainly has to be Pep's Man City.

3 Likes

Re: Rashford Wins King Of The Match Award, Becomes First Player by martineverest(m): 10:43am On Aug 12, 2019
will that win the league for Manchester United?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rashford Wins King Of The Match Award, Becomes First Player by Sylraph1: 10:44am On Aug 12, 2019
Celebrating like you win the Champions league

Can't wait for man City or Liverpool to handle you guys[qquote author=WalkerMichael post=81177202]congratulations RASHIDI!

GGMU.. the color is forever RED..

i loved how we silenced the agbero fans yesterday grin grin grin poor lampard[/quote]
Re: Rashford Wins King Of The Match Award, Becomes First Player by oxygenlove(m): 10:44am On Aug 12, 2019
DIKEnaWAR:

Sterlin play against chelsea... abi wetin you dey talk??
Re: Rashford Wins King Of The Match Award, Becomes First Player by Heman7(m): 10:45am On Aug 12, 2019
DIKEnaWAR:

It was given to him because of it was match of the week!

1 Like

Re: Rashford Wins King Of The Match Award, Becomes First Player by WalkerMichael(m): 10:45am On Aug 12, 2019
Sylraph1:
Celebrating like you win the Champions league

Can't wait for man City or Liverpool to handle you guys[qquote author=WalkerMichael post=81177202]congratulations RASHIDI!

GGMU.. the color is forever RED..

i loved how we silenced the agbero fans yesterday grin grin grin poor lampard

till then my MAN... trust you slept well? Did you hear from lampard?
Re: Rashford Wins King Of The Match Award, Becomes First Player by Heman7(m): 10:46am On Aug 12, 2019
DIKEnaWAR:

It was given to him because it was match of the week!

2 Likes

Re: Rashford Wins King Of The Match Award, Becomes First Player by franklingud(m): 10:46am On Aug 12, 2019
GGMU
Am proud of my guys, we did well but we didn't do enough. They would have made it 5-0 at least. Anyways day 1 was good.

But honestly speaking Raheem sterling deserve that award. Not rashford, a hattrick is better than brace.
Re: Rashford Wins King Of The Match Award, Becomes First Player by oxygenlove(m): 10:46am On Aug 12, 2019
bamysquare:
am united and my blood is red but truthfully Sterling deserved it more....
playing against westham you mean??
Re: Rashford Wins King Of The Match Award, Becomes First Player by Makz: 10:46am On Aug 12, 2019
Sylraph1:
angry
Man utd beat Chelsea and are celebrating as if the have won treble....

We are know it's initial gra gra..... Man City and Liverpool team has the ability to win the premier league than man utd first 11...

Won't be surprised,they end up 6th again grin

UP BLUES!!!

More like you are consoling urself, telling yourself that I will not cry

2 Likes

Re: Rashford Wins King Of The Match Award, Becomes First Player by Sylraph1: 10:58am On Aug 12, 2019
Makz:

More like you are consoling urself, telling yourself that I will not cry
Can't wait for man City or Liverpool TO handle you guys angry
Re: Rashford Wins King Of The Match Award, Becomes First Player by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:58am On Aug 12, 2019
safarigirl:
What exactly is king of the match?

The OP failed to explain what it means, or the criteria for the award. This is poor journalism at its peak, but then, OP, are you even a journalist?
I really wonder
Re: Rashford Wins King Of The Match Award, Becomes First Player by ajericho(m): 10:59am On Aug 12, 2019
davidodiba:
That's how they will keep hyping man u players until they start crashing like pack of cards...

To me Chelsea played a better football than man u yestersay
They played better in the first half, and we got it back in the second half, it's just the start of the season,they are just getting used to each other

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rashford Wins King Of The Match Award, Becomes First Player by tuniski: 11:00am On Aug 12, 2019
Sylraph1:
angry
Man utd beat Chelsea and are celebrating as if the have won treble....

We are know it's initial gra gra..... Man City and Liverpool team has the ability to win the premier league than man utd first 11...

Won't be surprised,they end up 6th again grin

UP BLUES!!!
Eyah pele!

1 Like

Re: Rashford Wins King Of The Match Award, Becomes First Player by Dmoyes23(m): 11:02am On Aug 12, 2019
Budweiser King of the Match explained

Starting this Premier League season, Budweiser will enable football fans around the world to celebrate the Kings of the Match. Through the Premier League website and mobile app, fans can vote for the player they feel should be crowned king after every Premier League match-up.

What is the Budweiser King of the Match award?

Budweiser’s mission is to bring fans closer to the kings of the game by giving them the power to choose who inspires them to taste greatness and "Be a King". The Budweiser King of the Match award is given to the player who fans think gave the best performance on the pitch for each Premier League match.

Where can I vote?

Fans can vote either on the Premier League website or mobile app, which is available for Android and iOS. Each fixture page will have a Budweiser King of the Match section allowing fans to cast their vote.

How does the voting work?

After the final whistle, tap the “Vote Now” button that appears on the fixture page. Select a player from a shortlist of the top five players from each club, based on Fantasy Premier League Bonus Points, by tapping their icon.

When does voting open and close?

Voting opens straight away after the match ends and closes 15 minutes later. The winner is the player with the most votes.

How do I find out the winner?

The King of the Match is crowned as soon as voting closes. The winner will feature on the fixture page with selected winners also being announced on Premier League social media channels.
Re: Rashford Wins King Of The Match Award, Becomes First Player by akdjr(m): 11:06am On Aug 12, 2019
Budweiser ask people to chose their club and predict the man of the match which I did and got right. But I am yet to hear anything from them as regard the price for such prediction.
Re: Rashford Wins King Of The Match Award, Becomes First Player by Adetee17(m): 11:12am On Aug 12, 2019
Misleading Headline...

"King of the Match" sponsored by Budweiser is similar to Man of the Match and it's given after every game....All EPL matches have their "King of the Match"....So Rashford isn't the first to win it grin

Ashley Barnes won it after Burnleys game on Saturday

1 Like

Re: Rashford Wins King Of The Match Award, Becomes First Player by 12345baba(m): 11:16am On Aug 12, 2019
DIKEnaWAR:

because sterling criticizes d British press alot

1 Like

Re: Rashford Wins King Of The Match Award, Becomes First Player by GOOOGLE504(m): 11:16am On Aug 12, 2019
DIKEnaWAR:

note taken. You can begin to expect change from now on as we have started working on it..

1 Like

Re: Rashford Wins King Of The Match Award, Becomes First Player by seborrhic: 11:18am On Aug 12, 2019
safarigirl:
What exactly is king of the match?

The OP failed to explain what it means, or the criteria for the award. This is poor journalism at its peak, but then, OP, are you even a journalist?
Semi illiterate blogger,that's what he/she is.
It's very easy to spot these bloggers:their stories are full of grammatical errors,their is no modicum of factual reporting done and they sometimes use photoshopped or outrightly fake pictures.Finally there is no modicum of basic journalism in their stories.
Imagine someone writing a story about an award with no indication of what the award itself means,talkless of it's historical background.

1 Like

Re: Rashford Wins King Of The Match Award, Becomes First Player by samisj4real(m): 11:20am On Aug 12, 2019
ThierryJay:
King of the match is like "Man of the Men of the Matches" of matchday one of the EPL. i think he deserves it. Sterling's goals were a bit too easy judging by the supporting cast. Also, Chelsea is a more high profile opponent than Westham.
1 penalty & 1 cross & shoot goal ba..

All this man u fans Una go humble very soon.

2 Likes

Re: Rashford Wins King Of The Match Award, Becomes First Player by LeHMaR(m): 11:21am On Aug 12, 2019
DIKEnaWAR:

It irritates me that Sterling never gets any recognition.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AFCON: Antonio Rudiger Celebrates Sierra Leone's Draw With Holders, Algeria / How To Join The Glo Soccer Academy DREAM TEAM / Man United Fans Attack Ed Woodward's House With Flares (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.