Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

"Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi (317360 Views)

Love From The Thread. (an Ocean Of Secrets Sponsored Bonus Book.) / Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) / Matrimony Of Secrets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 10:55am On Sep 20, 2019
fareedah86:
Chris please do not be UNFORTUNATE like dele....Please i beg you.
You are a very good writer,u have got me hooked all d way

AMEN o. Chris, receive it.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 10:58am On Sep 20, 2019
Treasurewamiri:
I said it, Tinu is pregnant! But why would Chris say that it's impossible? Seems we are about diving into the ocean of secrets proper. Has he been certified impotent? Abi.....?
@ millieademi which kain appetizer be this? e no reach tongue, e no reach throat. please, make the main course lengthy and quite filling and we look forward to the desserts

Girl ehn. I'm using one eye to watch you o.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Treasurewamiri(f): 11:17am On Sep 20, 2019
millieademi:

Girl ehn. I'm using one eye to watch you o.
I've got eagle's eye. Ehn biko who be Bibiana and Yomi Badmus again?
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Neduzze5(m): 11:18am On Sep 20, 2019
millieademi:

The right thing is relative.

At this point in the lifetime of this novel, the right thing is what I and majority of fellow readers believe is.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Mapelblacq(m): 11:20am On Sep 20, 2019
OP i wast jst captivated by your story from the very beginning, saw it yesterday and i read till 2am in the morning. keep it up bro, u are going places.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 12:16pm On Sep 20, 2019
Treasurewamiri:

I've got eagle's eye. Ehn biko who be Bibiana and Yomi Badmus again?

cheesy grin grin I like your eagle eye.

Felicia is staying with her cousin, Ose. Ose is dating Bibiana who is married to Yomi Badmus. It's all part of the whole web that makes up Ocean of Secrets.

Please o(permit me to say) I DON TALK AM BEFORE, I NO NORMAL O.

If you're expecting something normal, this, I'm sorry, is not the book for you. But if you're ready for a rollercoaster ride, then please the ticket is free.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 12:18pm On Sep 20, 2019
Mapelblacq:
OP i wast jst captivated by your story from the very beginning, saw it yesterday and i read till 2am in the morning. keep it up bro, u are going places.

Thank you so much for deeming my book worth your time.

Please, permit to ask what about my username gives you the impression that I'm a guy.

Geez, I thought that was the most feminine name I could come up with.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 12:19pm On Sep 20, 2019
Neduzze5:

At this point in the lifetime of this novel, the right thing is what I and majority of fellow readers believe is.

I wasn't talking about the right thing for us. I was talking about the right thing from the perspective of the Characters.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 12:21pm On Sep 20, 2019
I'm even surprised that no one mentioned Tamara since yesterday. Is she that insignificant? Or you feel her plan won't work?

Let's keep the comments rolling.

P.S. You probably thought I was to say 'You guys are amazeballs!'. Well, you are

P.P.S: YOU GUYS ARE AMAZEBALLS!! kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 12:28pm On Sep 20, 2019
Update will be this evening. Kasala go soon land.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by izaray(f): 12:49pm On Sep 20, 2019
millieademi:
Update will be this evening. Kasala go soon land.
Waiting for the update

More ink to ur pen Op
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by duruZed(m): 1:17pm On Sep 20, 2019
More update pls.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Zuriel100(m): 1:26pm On Sep 20, 2019
author.... pls DX how d story will end.... tinu should go back to dele..... Chris is an angel, but he should stay out... jaiye and wife should reconcile... Tamara should go f**k herself
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Treasurewamiri(f): 1:56pm On Sep 20, 2019
Can't wait for the Kasala. Bring it on.... abi na Tamara work Tinu's transfer to HR? Hnmmm
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 2:07pm On Sep 20, 2019
Zuriel100:
author.... pls DX how d story will end.... tinu should go back to dele..... Chris is an angel, but he should stay out... jaiye and wife should reconcile... Tamara should go f**k herself

Wawu. It's a secret wink wink
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 2:10pm On Sep 20, 2019
Treasurewamiri:
Can't wait for the Kasala. Bring it on.... abi na Tamara work Tinu's transfer to HR? Hnmmm

You're wrong this time.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by uchedora(f): 2:19pm On Sep 20, 2019
now it begins,nice one
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 20, 2019
Thanks for the update. I wish tinu a miscarriage, cause she and Dele are meant to be. Ose of a guy me I know understand am o. Tamara silent killer. Please update more
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 3:45pm On Sep 20, 2019
Ateselebo, Yahoo ni babalawo.

I am dancing soapy right now, my school just won a competition after five years of coming second.

Update is coming earlier than I planned. You guys have Ipinnu, Temi, Omeiza, Tade and Nelson to thank for that.

Let's go there!!

He picked up his phone and dialed Tinú's number. She picked up at the fourth ring.

" Hello?", he called nervously.

"Délé, why are calling me at this ungodly hour?", she said sleepily.

" Tinú, I'm sorry to bother you but I received divorce papers today and...."

"Délé, for as long as I can remember, you've hated the idea of this marriage. Now, you can leave. It should be answered prayers. I'm not asking for anything, just my freedom and the full custody of my children.", she stated fully awake.

" What?!", he exclaimed.

"I know right! You'll be free of the gold-digger and her bastards. Just sign the documents and we'll be on our way. Please send...."

"Tinú, I don't want a divorce. I want us to work our marriage out. You once said the twins need a stable and functional home. I'm willing to give them that. Please, don't leave.", he begged.

" Délé, first off I don't want this emotional storm we call a marriage. I was charmed into getting pregnant for you and 'adviced' to marry you by the same person who cast a spell on me. I was in an abusive relationship with you. I think you Dáramólás have caused enough damage to my life. Secondly, it's too late to want to give the twins a 'stable and functional' home. I don't want you in their lives anymore. You're a stranger they can go without and more importantly, I don't want them to have you only for you turn around and call them bastards. I love my children and I won't let any harm come near them. If you insist on being a part of their lives, I can permit you seeing them during the holidays and special occasions. ", she answered spitefully.

" Tinú, I won't accept this. You'll hear from my lawyer. ", he put in and hung up.

He wondered if that was the best move. If he threatened her with a lawyer they'd be more estranged. A a ki ti'le ejo bo l'oore. He decided to call Tìmí in the morning for advice. He had failed to listen to Tìmí before and he was facing the music for it.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

Jaiyé racked his brain for where Felicia could be. Ever since he got out of the hospital, he had been searching for her. Most of her friends had squarely told him that even if they knew where she was, they would never tell him. The others just slammed the door in his face. They all saw him as a monster. He wouldn't blame them. He had treated his wife like a lost Voyager who got trapped in a monster's den.

He wished and prayed to find her but nothing happened. The saddest part of it was his son whose hope was dashed every time he saw him come in alone, without his mother in tow. Every morning and every night as they prayed, the young boy would ask for nothing else but the safe return of his mother.

He sighed and left his office to check on his son. He walked in on his son kneeling by his bed and crying.

"Father Lord, please bring Mummy back. I miss her. Aunty Yémisí said Mummy told her to tell me she loves me. Father, I want Mummy to come back and tell me she loves me herself. Father, please let Mummy come back and tell me stories again and cook potato and egg for me again and carry me and call me Prince again. Father, don't let anything bad happen to Mummy. Father, tell her that I love her too and that I'm waiting for her to come back."

He couldn't stand his son crying so he left him to his prayer. He hoped for a miracle. He had been told ever since his childhood that God answers the prayer of children. He pulled out her wedding ring from his pocket. The guard had returned the ring for some reason but he was grateful. He hoped for her return.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

Bibiana returned to meet her husband sitting on the couch in the sitting room. Her heart raced and her pulse went through the roof. Sweat beads formed on her forehead. She dropped her handbag on a settee and greeted him.

"Where are you coming from?!", her husband asked.

" My friend's place.", she replied.

"Which friend?", he asked.

"Joké.", she answered. He picked up his phone and dialed a number. The recipient picked and he said, " Yéwandé, good evening. Sorry, was Bibiana with you?" Bibiana's heart raced in fear and her palms became clammy.

"Yes, she was. Hope no problem.", the lady on the other end lied.

" No, she said she misplaced her key, so I'm trying to figure out where she might have left it. ", he replied.

" OK. I'll check around. Goodnight. ", the lady replied.

" Goodnight. Say me well to the family. ", he put in and hung up. He glared at his wife and walked menacingly towards her and she retreated in fear.

" Where are you coming from? I know you were not with Joké, otherwise Yéwandé would not lie that you were with her. Now, before I lose my temper, tell me where you are coming from. ", he shouted.

" I was with Joké. ", she maintained and he slapped her. She gasped in pain and he asked again," Bibiana, where are you coming from?"

"Joké's place.", she reiterated and he slapped her again.

" You think I'm a fool?! Why would Yéwandé lie that you were with her?", he shouted.

"I branched Yéwandé's place before going to Joke's shop.", she lied.

" So that's what you do when I leave on trips? You go on visiting sprees?", he fired but she kept mute. "You're a disgrace!", he put in and left.

She sighed in relief. She had gotten better at lying. She was grateful she got angry and left Ose. Who knew he had returned? Only God knows what would have happened if she had stayed longer with Ose. She had to be more careful. She picked up her bag and left for her room.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

Chris looked at the ultrasound monitor in awe and tears rolled down his cheeks as he heard his child's tiny heartbeat. Tinú smiled and held his hand. The doctor turned off the monitor and left to get the sonogram.

" Tinú, please if this is a dream don't wake me up. ", he said as she wiped the gel on her tommy. She reached out and pinched him.

" What was that for?", he jerked.

"To prove to you that you're not asleep.", she answered.

" I'm so happy. I don't know how to express my joy.", he said ecstatically. She smiled in response and got off the bed.

"I'm glad you're happy but we have a problem.", Tinú said.

" What is it?", he asked in worry.

"Délé hasn't signed the divorce papers. I think he wants us to go to trial. I don't want this to affect the twins. I'm just confused.", she said with worry lines on her forehead.

" Tinú, I'll fix it. Don't worry about anything. ", he assured and wrapped his arms around her. Tinú sighed knowing she'll never not worry about anything.

They got home late at night and Tinú wanted nothing more than to eat and sleep till she could snooze her wake up alarm no more. They would have gotten home earlier but Chris decided to take a longer and traffic laden route. She got out of the car not waiting for him to open the door for her. All she thought of was what she could eat that would fill her and not require much time to make. All she could think of was cereal or bread.

Abeg, I will eat the two of them.

She opened the door and saw candles on the floor where the coffee table used to be. Her nose met various scents and fragrances she couldn't place. She moved closer to see the candles arranged in a heart shape.

Scented candles?

She noticed red petals on the floor serve as a bed for a small cube. She smiled and picked it up.
Chris and his dramatic way of giving gifts.
She had expected a brooch or a necklace but she got the shock of her life when she saw a ring with clear and blue stones rest on the white satin interior of the box. She gasped in shock and turned to look for Chris and found him behind her on one knee. She gasped again and she cried.

"I know this is quite sloppy. I had planned a dinner and the whole romantic proposal but Délé showed up and well the rest is history. Gosh! This isn't going well.", he muttered. Tinú giggled and asked him to carry on and speak from his heart.

" Tinú, you came into my life in a dramatic way and I wouldn't have it any other way. You are special to me and you've given me the one thing I never thought I'd have again- a chance at true love. Tinú, I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. So Atinúké, the lady in the cyan bodycon dress, will you marry me? ", he muttered.

She squealed in gladness and said yes. He smiled and collected the ring from her and slipped it onto her ring finger. He stood and sealed their engagement with a kiss.

6 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 3:45pm On Sep 20, 2019
Humbleness:
Thanks for the update.
I wish tinu a miscarriage, cause she and Dele are meant to be.
Ose of a guy me I know understand am o.
Tamara silent killer.
Please update more

Guy, you wicked o
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 3:47pm On Sep 20, 2019
Main course is served. Dessert is coming later today. Unfortunately, that'll be the last update for the week.

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Neduzze5(m): 3:57pm On Sep 20, 2019
millieademi:
Main course is served. Dessert is coming later today. Unfortunately, that'll be the last update for the week.

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Thanks... Quite a nice update, the last one I mean.

I'm on bended knees for Chris, he's my kind of guy.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by izaray(f): 4:14pm On Sep 20, 2019
This last update too short oh.

Thanks plenty wink
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 4:36pm On Sep 20, 2019
millieademi:
Ateselebo, Yahoo ni babalawo.

I am dancing soapy right now, my school just won a competition after five years of coming second.

Update is coming earlier than I planned. You guys have Ipinnu, Temi, Omeiza, Tade and Nelson to thank for that.

Let's go there!!

He picked up his phone and dialed Tinú's number. She ...

Is it this update you are talking about?? shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 4:36pm On Sep 20, 2019
izaray:
This last update too short oh.

Thanks plenty wink

You're welcome
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by izaray(f): 4:42pm On Sep 20, 2019
millieademi:

Is it this update you are talking about?? shocked shocked
Relax i was only joking jor cheesy Do have a wonderful weekend!
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 4:52pm On Sep 20, 2019
izaray:
Relax i was only joking jor cheesy Do have a wonderful weekend!

Phew smiley

Likewise. (Still dancing soapy)
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by answerspls: 5:00pm On Sep 20, 2019
NICE WORK. but my little challenge is connecting all those other extra characters to the the main character,i seem lost on how to connect them to the chief focus of the novel.hope u get me well.for example how does felicia and jaiye come in,what connects bibiana and ose to the story etc. the work is classic,thanks a lot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Younghacka(m): 5:00pm On Sep 20, 2019
smiley
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Younghacka(m): 5:02pm On Sep 20, 2019
It Hs Been A Long While Since I Followed A Story On NL. . . Mainly Due To The Myriad Of Uninteresting And Overpredictable Piece Of Literature Works One Finds These Days In The Literature Section, This Is Not To Say There Are No Good Ones Worth The Read, There Are, However Lost In A Plethora Of Nollywood Like Storylines, Devoid Of Creativity And Imagination. Just Saw The Topic On FP Yesternight And Clicked; I Thought It Was A Thread That Tells About The ''Secrets Of Ocean''. . . I Started Reading, Wanted To Stop Severally But The Suspense Kept Me Scrolling Down For More. I Must Say You Are One Good Writer, With Peepz Like You I Believe That NL Literature Section Will Be Great Again, By Extension Nigeria Considering We Still Have A Lot Of Great Minds.
I Implore You To Explore This Uncanny Gift Of Yours, Improve Yourself And I See You Going Places.
Thanks Again.
BTW I Like You Use Of Grammar In This Piece. . . Elaborate, Yet Classy. wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 5:04pm On Sep 20, 2019
answerspls:
NICE WORK. but my little challenge is connecting all those other extra characters to the the main character,i seem lost on how to connect them to the chief focus of the novel.hope u get me well.for example how does felicia and jaiye come in,what connects bibiana and ose to the story etc. the work is classic,thanks a lot

I totally understand but please be patient. The story is beyond Tinu, Chris and Dele. Felicia and Jaiye's story is important for what is to come. Bibiana and Ose's relationship is the very foundation on which what is to come is built. So let's be patient.

I promise your patience will be worth it. At least I hope

2 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 5:06pm On Sep 20, 2019
Younghacka:
It Hs Been A Long While Since I Followed A Story On NL. . . Mainly Due To The Myriad Of Uninteresting And Overpredictable Piece Of Literature Works One Finds These Days In The Literature Section, This Is Not To Say There Are No Good Ones Worth The Read, There Are, However Lost In A Plethora Of Nollywood Like Storylines, Devoid Of Creativity And Imagination. Just Saw The Topic On FP Yesternight And Clicked; I Thought It Was A Thread That Tells About The ''Secrets Of Ocean''. . . I Started Reading, Wanted To Stop Severally But The Suspense Kept Me Scrolling Down For More. I Must Say You Are One Good Writer, With Peepz Like You I Believe That NL Literature Section Will Be Great Again, By Extension Nigeria Considering We Still Have A Lot Of Great Minds.
I Implore You To Explore This Uncanny Gift Of Yours, Improve Yourself And I See You Going Places.
Thanks Again.
BTW I Like You Use Of Grammar In This Piece. . . Elaborate, Yet Classy. wink

Why, thank you!! God! I'm totally fanning myself right now and I have tears in my eyes. I have totally gbese because of this comment.

Soapy intensifies.

Thanks g cheesy grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (71) (Reply)

An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) / [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy / Twine (A Drama Series)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.