Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Corruption Is Killing Nigeria’s Economy – EFCC Boss, Magu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption Is Killing Nigeria’s Economy – EFCC Boss, Magu (10156 Views)

Shutting Firms Over Corruption Probe Hurts Economy – EFCC Chairman, Olukoyede / “embrace Whistle-blowing Policy” - EFCC Boss, Magu Urges Nigerians / See What EFCC Boss, Magu Did After Hearing Of DSS Boss Daura's Sack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corruption Is Killing Nigeria’s Economy – EFCC Boss, Magu by Sylraph1: 2:04pm On Aug 12, 2019
sad

Tell it to the Man in ASO ROCK

2 Likes

Re: Corruption Is Killing Nigeria’s Economy – EFCC Boss, Magu by Ooye12: 2:05pm On Aug 12, 2019
Corruption is talking about corruption grin

2 Likes

Re: Corruption Is Killing Nigeria’s Economy – EFCC Boss, Magu by Jeezuzpick(m): 2:13pm On Aug 12, 2019
tonye33:
I think the corruption he's referring to is the current administration

It cant be that of the FG that left more than 4 years ago.

1 Like

Re: Corruption Is Killing Nigeria’s Economy – EFCC Boss, Magu by Sylraph1: 2:17pm On Aug 12, 2019
Pvssy:
Corruption was a deep rooted PDP foundation

But with the giant strides of His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR) in combating the menace, victory is certain.
Sorry to say this...

You just type ABSOLUTE RUBBISH

2 Likes

Re: Corruption Is Killing Nigeria’s Economy – EFCC Boss, Magu by Adonko(m): 2:17pm On Aug 12, 2019
Pvssy:

But with the giant strides of His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR) in combating the menace, victory is certain.
looking for likes from your likes you have failed cos most of your likes have started to see the real Buhari you like and they have taken thier likes somewhere.

Bro wen e mumu....liking Buhari is synonymous to foolishness.

2 Likes

Re: Corruption Is Killing Nigeria’s Economy – EFCC Boss, Magu by jrusky(m): 2:17pm On Aug 12, 2019
Corruption by who oga Magun or Maga? Or you and your crook gang want to blame Jonathan again after he had left office for over 4 years

Magu why crying out now I think you are among those that said apc are saint then who are now the corrupt people killing our economy
Re: Corruption Is Killing Nigeria’s Economy – EFCC Boss, Magu by kelly72: 2:19pm On Aug 12, 2019
FarahAideed:
Which corruption again ? I thought Buhari has made Nigeria Corruption free

Nigeria now far more corrupt that it was 5 years ago.
Check it out, only one man had 2 bullion vans filled
with money driving into his premises on the eve of
election.

What was the source of the money?
What was the money meant for?
Where in hell was Magu after seeing that picture?

And somebody claims to fight corruption??

O di egwu

1 Like

Re: Corruption Is Killing Nigeria’s Economy – EFCC Boss, Magu by eodavids(m): 2:19pm On Aug 12, 2019
Drinokrane:
Acting chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu, has said that corruption is killing the country’s growth.

Magu said this at the weekend while addressing 328 EFCC detectives superintendent cadet-trainees at the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) in Kaduna State, Igbere TV reports.

The acting EFCC chair was represented by the EFCC Training Academy Commandant, Prof. Ladi Hamalai.

He urged the cadet-trainees to adopt discipline and patriotism as they join the fight against corruption.

“Corruption is killing the country. The economy can’t grow and the infrastructure can’t be provided, not because of lack of funds but mainly due to corruption,” Magu began.

“This is why I said you are a special force because you need to be mentally ready and prepared to be able to fight corruption. Do you have the will to fight corruption?

“Are you mentally prepared and ready to fight corruption? Can the nation rely on you? We hope the nation can be better because of you.”

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/892560/just-in-corruption-is-killing-nigerias-economy-efcc-boss-magu/

I don't understand?

Is this corruption Magu is talking about under Jonathan, or under President Buhari?

I want to be guided to know which regime is grooming this corruption Magu complains of because PMB is supposed to be synonymous with Anti corruption
Re: Corruption Is Killing Nigeria’s Economy – EFCC Boss, Magu by Dee60: 2:22pm On Aug 12, 2019
And herdsmen are killing the people!

What is the boss going to do about it?
Re: Corruption Is Killing Nigeria’s Economy – EFCC Boss, Magu by Creamz(m): 2:23pm On Aug 12, 2019
What is killing us more now is incompetence and wasteful spending
Re: Corruption Is Killing Nigeria’s Economy – EFCC Boss, Magu by 4gunners(m): 2:26pm On Aug 12, 2019
Not just corruption. The lack of direction and responsiveness of the government to the economic determinant are the majors reason why the economy growth is slow.
Re: Corruption Is Killing Nigeria’s Economy – EFCC Boss, Magu by kingjrofficial(m): 2:26pm On Aug 12, 2019
Chaii... See ehm lips
He smokes weed grin
Re: Corruption Is Killing Nigeria’s Economy – EFCC Boss, Magu by kingjrofficial(m): 2:27pm On Aug 12, 2019
Adonko:
looking for likes from your likes you have failed cos most of your likes have started to see the real Buhari you like and they have taken thier likes somewhere.

Bro wen e mumu....liking Buhari is synonymous to foolishness.
this is Savage grin
Re: Corruption Is Killing Nigeria’s Economy – EFCC Boss, Magu by mamotalk: 2:28pm On Aug 12, 2019
If not for corruption, how can someone be in acting capacity for four years?
Even the speaking ability of Magu is corrupted
Meanwhile na next level we they.

Have you heard? The word "Zombie" in meaning was first used by Malcolm X before our great singer turned it to song.
Re: Corruption Is Killing Nigeria’s Economy – EFCC Boss, Magu by Bizibi(m): 2:31pm On Aug 12, 2019
Pvssy:

new monicker,same sycophant
Re: Corruption Is Killing Nigeria’s Economy – EFCC Boss, Magu by dbestuncle: 2:33pm On Aug 12, 2019
Drinokrane:
Acting chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu, has said that corruption is killing the country’s growth.

Magu said this at the weekend while addressing 328 EFCC detectives superintendent cadet-trainees at the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) in Kaduna State, Igbere TV reports.

The acting EFCC chair was represented by the EFCC Training Academy Commandant, Prof. Ladi Hamalai.

He urged the cadet-trainees to adopt discipline and patriotism as they join the fight against corruption.

“Corruption is killing the country. The economy can’t grow and the infrastructure can’t be provided, not because of lack of funds but mainly due to corruption,” Magu began.

“This is why I said you are a special force because you need to be mentally ready and prepared to be able to fight corruption. Do you have the will to fight corruption?

“Are you mentally prepared and ready to fight corruption? Can the nation rely on you? We hope the nation can be better because of you.”

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/892560/just-in-corruption-is-killing-nigerias-economy-efcc-boss-magu/

I tot GEJ and his friends were the ones that plundered the country. Corruption is dead with Buhari n friends in charge na. so y is a dead corruption still killing Nigeria's economy n infrastructure.
Re: Corruption Is Killing Nigeria’s Economy – EFCC Boss, Magu by Odani: 2:38pm On Aug 12, 2019
FarahAideed:

Good question

1 Like

Re: Corruption Is Killing Nigeria’s Economy – EFCC Boss, Magu by Bakerdav: 2:39pm On Aug 12, 2019
That is why u carry all yahoo boys finish with ur corrupt politicians, in fact u r really fighting corruption, unless govt
Re: Corruption Is Killing Nigeria’s Economy – EFCC Boss, Magu by dallyemmy: 2:47pm On Aug 12, 2019
Lack of capacity/ignorance and corruption
Re: Corruption Is Killing Nigeria’s Economy – EFCC Boss, Magu by 26carat(m): 2:52pm On Aug 12, 2019
Please kindly tell your boss to resign. You can kindly join him.
Re: Corruption Is Killing Nigeria’s Economy – EFCC Boss, Magu by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 3:01pm On Aug 12, 2019
Hehehe I tot he's de antidote to corruption
Re: Corruption Is Killing Nigeria’s Economy – EFCC Boss, Magu by Reference(m): 3:01pm On Aug 12, 2019
'....not because of lack of funds....', this same silly chorus again that has distracted this cou try from the real reforms needed for proper growth and development.

Oga Magu, this country is not earning enough to provide for itself and your rat chasing in the last four years has done nothing to bridge the gap. If every cent of all the revenue this country earns is accounted for it will still not make a dent on our economic needs that continue to be stretched by our run away population growth.
Re: Corruption Is Killing Nigeria’s Economy – EFCC Boss, Magu by Reference(m): 3:15pm On Aug 12, 2019
dbestuncle:

I tot GEJ and his friends were the ones that plundered the country. Corruption is dead with Buhari n friends in charge na. so y is a dead corruption still killing Nigeria's economy n infrastructure.

Ask me. They have been lying to Nigerians for the past 4 years with stories to distract Nigerians away from the real problems confronting Nigeria which are structural in nature and accounts for almost every single challenge we face today from security, resources, political and the economy.

The long and short of it is that they donot want this country reformed to make her more efficient and productive. Theywan tthe status quo to continue, the status quo that Emir Sanusi summarized when still CBN governor, a culture of renk seeking, resource grabbing and nepotism.

For this country to prosper must devolve power and patronage away from the centre, simple.
Re: Corruption Is Killing Nigeria’s Economy – EFCC Boss, Magu by MondayOsunbor(m): 3:17pm On Aug 12, 2019
Drinokrane:

I think it is goodluck ??
Re: Corruption Is Killing Nigeria’s Economy – EFCC Boss, Magu by GeorgeTheCoder: 3:28pm On Aug 12, 2019
FarahAideed:

They forget their talking points from time to time

1 Like

Re: Corruption Is Killing Nigeria’s Economy – EFCC Boss, Magu by discusant: 3:38pm On Aug 12, 2019
Are the corrupt people living in Neptune?

Magu is not educated. If he is, he shouldn't have said this.
Why must he occupy the post he is occupying if he knows that corruption is killing Nigeria but he can't identify the corrupt people for arrest and prosecution?

This is why I got angry with Buhari govt in 1985 and sacked it. Buhari is a hypocrite, abets corruption, employs inept people to political offices.

1 Like

Re: Corruption Is Killing Nigeria’s Economy – EFCC Boss, Magu by seguno2: 3:51pm On Aug 12, 2019
tonye33:
I think the corruption he's referring to is the current administration

Particularly inside his yeye EFCC that is duplicating police work.

2 Likes

Re: Corruption Is Killing Nigeria’s Economy – EFCC Boss, Magu by seguno2: 3:52pm On Aug 12, 2019
discusant:
Are the corrupt people living in Neptune?

Magu is not educated. If he is, he shouldn't have said this.
Why must he occupy the post he is occupying if he knows that corruption is killing Nigeria but he can't identify the corrupt people for arrest and prosecution?

This is why I got angry with Buhari govt in 1985 and sacked it. Buhari is a hypocrite, abets corruption, employs inept people to political offices.

Is that not what made his fellow illiterate to give him the job?

1 Like

Re: Corruption Is Killing Nigeria’s Economy – EFCC Boss, Magu by seguno2: 3:55pm On Aug 12, 2019
Pvssy:

Giant strides with Ganduje, Kalu, Obanikoro, Maina, Sylva etc?
Do you know what you are talking about?
Abeg park well before you are shoved aside.

1 Like

Re: Corruption Is Killing Nigeria’s Economy – EFCC Boss, Magu by Cantonese: 3:55pm On Aug 12, 2019
Pvssy:

Bros I see that you are an unrepentant muntula. Na there you go stay.
Re: Corruption Is Killing Nigeria’s Economy – EFCC Boss, Magu by yaki84: 4:00pm On Aug 12, 2019
Drinokrane:

After four yrs we r still hearing corruption...
Na wa o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG’s 774,000 Jobs For LGAs Is A Scam – TUC / Police Intercept Arms Smugglers In Lagos / Ubah Tackles Obi Over Car Gifts To Traditional Rulers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.