Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,440 members, 7,954,740 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:17 AM

A Funny Story Of How A Wife Got One Over Her Cheating Husband - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Funny Story Of How A Wife Got One Over Her Cheating Husband (1668 Views)

My Wife Got A Job As A Paramedic In The Uk / Photo Of The Woman Who Died In A Car Accident While Chasing Her Cheating Husband / Wife Asks Husband To Get A Girlfriend And He Got One...She's Asking For Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Funny Story Of How A Wife Got One Over Her Cheating Husband by daddytime(m): 5:45pm On Aug 12, 2019
A housewife of 20 years with no money of her own or job to keep her afloat, found that her husband had been cheating with a young secretary at his job. His long days, weekend appointments, and business trips were all a sham, and she found out. He didn’t know she knew, and she kept up the appearance of ignorance for weeks. His next “business trip” was coming up. He’d be spending two weeks in the Caribbean. The wife knew this would be her time to act.

She pulled the end caps of the curtain rods off and stuffed them with expired shrimp. She then replaced the end caps, calmly packed her bags, and walked away. But not before turning off the air conditioner, because it would be wasteful to keep an empty house cool. She called her husband while he was safely away in the island paradise, and let him know she knew everything. She’d packed her bags and left the house, and when he returned all he needed to do was sign the divorce papers. He returned immediately, tanned secretary in tow, but found his home empty.

He met his wife at a hotel, lawyer present, and signed the divorce papers. In the agreements, he was surprised to see that she wasn’t asking for the house.

“Oh no, dear, you keep the house. Move your secretary in, for all I care! I don’t need all that square footage to myself.”

He was also surprised to see she wasn’t after his savings, business enterprises, or stocks.

“Darling, what would I do with all that responsibility? I couldn’t possibly manage it all like you can.”

All she was asking for was a monthly alimony check. He thought she must be an idiot to pass up all the opportunity she had to take him to the cleaners for his money. So he happily obliged her. He swiftly moved his mistress in to the home. A few days went by, and the husband called the wife.

“Did you smell anything weird when you left?”

“Oh heavens, no! I made sure to clean the house well before I left it!”

A few days later, he called her again.

“Are you sure, absolutely sure, there isn’t another garbage can her, or something rotten in the fridge that you left behind?”

“Absolutely sure, dear, I was thorough as can be!”

It got to the point that he and his mistress couldn’t stand it any longer, and called in a professional cleaning company. It was rather costly to have the entire house cleaned, but they couldn’t bear that smell another moment so they happily forked over the money. But the smell remained.

They called in a renovation company to search inside the walls for dead rodents, and in the process got all new drywall and paint throughout the house. But the smell remained.

They called in a plumber and a flooring company and got each and every pipe checked, and in the process got a whole new system and brand new floorboards in every room of the house. But the smell remained.

It was a long shot, but the husband suspected it may be something from the yard leaching its way into the house. So he called in a landscaping company and had the whole thing dug up. They re-landscaped after they found nothing causing the smell in the yard, either.

It was like a whole new house at this point, completely updated with all new drywall, paint, plumbing, appliances, flooring, and yard. The husband bled money for a solution. But the smell was driving them absolutely insane.

Finally, they just decided they’d never find the source of the odor and decided to just move out and sell the house. They put it on the market for its updated value— several million dollars. They had some initial interest, but anyone who came to view it would quickly change their minds and leave.

So they lowered the price. Just one million. There were many more interested buyers now, but as soon as they’d set foot in the house to view it, again, they would turn heel and walk away. The man and his mistress were so desperate now to be rid of the stinky house that they lowered the price drastically to only a few hundred thousand, a tiny fraction of its worth. They were getting desperate. He couldn’t sleep because he was haunted by the smell. His mistress was nagging and whining constantly about it. He was dumping thousands and thousands into this home and just couldn’t get rid of that damned smell.

Finally, an offer came in on the house. The buyer wanted to purchase it sight-unseen. It was a bit of a low-ball offer, but so desperate was the husband to get rid of the property that he accepted the deal immediately. On moving day, a familiar-looking car pulled up to the home. The wife got out, and approached the house that she now owned. The husband and his mistress passed her on the walkway.

“What are you doing here?”

“Oh, me? Darling, I bought the house!”

Thinking she must not know what she’s getting into, the mistress happily handed over the keys and shuffled the husband down the walkway toward their car. They left all the furniture in the home, and only brought their clothes with them. In a flash they were gone.

The wife watched them drive away, miserable and destitute and homeless, and walked into her stinky home.

A few minutes later she walked back out carrying the curtain rods. She deposited them in the trash and ordered new ones to be delivered the next day.

And she lived happily ever after.

9 Likes

Re: A Funny Story Of How A Wife Got One Over Her Cheating Husband by ThothHermes: 6:27pm On Aug 12, 2019
A feminist concocted this I presume.

5 Likes

Re: A Funny Story Of How A Wife Got One Over Her Cheating Husband by frbona: 6:40pm On Aug 12, 2019
[s]
ThothHermes:
A feminist concocted this I presume.
[/s] I hate to break it to you.....
But your presumptions are pointless

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Funny Story Of How A Wife Got One Over Her Cheating Husband by ThothHermes: 7:21pm On Aug 12, 2019
frbona:
[s][/s] I hate to break it to you.....
But your presumptions are pointless
Don't care what you think about my presumptions undecided
Re: A Funny Story Of How A Wife Got One Over Her Cheating Husband by backnbeta(f): 8:33pm On Aug 12, 2019
She could've just asked for the house instead of buying it, no matter how cheap undecided

3 Likes

Re: A Funny Story Of How A Wife Got One Over Her Cheating Husband by sisisioge: 10:40pm On Aug 12, 2019
But she could have gotten the house and updated it herself with the thousands she spent buying it. She could have bled him initially without going through all this rigmarole fa grin

1 Like

Re: A Funny Story Of How A Wife Got One Over Her Cheating Husband by TheRealOwner(m): 11:31pm On Aug 12, 2019
Anyone else wonders how a house wife with not enough money to stay afloat was able to afford an hotel till she bought the house?

3 Likes

Re: A Funny Story Of How A Wife Got One Over Her Cheating Husband by khatea: 11:31pm On Aug 12, 2019
sisisioge:
But she could have gotten the house and updated it herself with the thousands she spent buying it. She could have bled him initially without going through all this rigmarole fa grin

She bought it at an extremely cheap rate even after d husband had updated it
Re: A Funny Story Of How A Wife Got One Over Her Cheating Husband by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:24am On Aug 13, 2019
TheRealOwner:
Anyone else wonders how a house wife with not enough money to stay afloat was able to afford an hotel till she bought the house?

not even that

any civil marriage to divorce, your are given a year or more of separation to try to work things out or continue with divorce application
Re: A Funny Story Of How A Wife Got One Over Her Cheating Husband by sisisioge: 7:53am On Aug 13, 2019
khatea:

She bought it at an extremely cheap rate even after d husband had updated it

So we read. She could have gotten the house from him as part of her divorce settlement and updated with the thousands she spent buying it from him grin

2 Likes

Re: A Funny Story Of How A Wife Got One Over Her Cheating Husband by kayemjay(m): 8:35am On Aug 13, 2019
Asides the fact that this story is purely fiction, whenever there is a smell in a place, the odour is usually strongest at the source. So all they needed to do was trace the source where the smell was strongest. Dogs could have done the trick. The woman didn't have any money of her own yet she was able to buy a house worth thousands.

Hogwash

4 Likes

Re: A Funny Story Of How A Wife Got One Over Her Cheating Husband by chii8(f): 9:53am On Aug 13, 2019
"We are nothing but pencil in the hand of the creator "

Part 11,please.
Re: A Funny Story Of How A Wife Got One Over Her Cheating Husband by Allstrasse: 12:57pm On Aug 14, 2019
kayemjay:
Asides the fact that this story is purely fiction, whenever there is a smell in a place, the odour is usually strongest at the source. So all they needed to do was trace the source where the smell was strongest. Dogs could have done the trick. The woman didn't have any money of her own yet she was able to buy a house worth thousands.

Hogwash

Absolute trash.

Who goes through an absolute makeover of an old home with a new wife without discarding the old furnishings, curtains inclusive.

No woman inherits a husband, home together with the interiors. A most definite reminder of her predecessor.

(1) (Reply)

Life Is Getting Boring. / Is It Right For A Landlord To Ask How His Tenant Got A Car? / I’m Livid With My Dad, He Hit My Mom Again. I Need A Solution.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.