Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,431 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

I Need Advice Urgently - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Advice Urgently (1546 Views)

Please I Really Need An Advice Urgently..experience Minds / Advice Urgently Needed / My Wife Is A Cheat. I Need Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice Urgently by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 12, 2019
Please I need your advice.
My husband works for a private company and he has been owed salary for over 10 months. I have been the one supporting the home with my meagre salary.
I don't think I can cope anymore. And finding another job has been fruitless. Now, we feed from hand to mouth and my children cannot go to school this session because the debt in their school has accumulated. House rent is there. I'm tired and don't think I can go on. Now, I heard they got a new company to invest in their company so money is available. So, I got his boss' number from his phone.
My question is would it be wrong for me to send his boss a message demanding that he should be paid. The situation is depressing and frustrating. I thought of getting a new sim card to send the message so his boss doesn't know who is sending the message or should I use my real identity.
Please advice me here and don't condemn me.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice Urgently by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 12, 2019
cheenway:
My husband works for a private company and he has been owed salary for over 10 months. I have been the one supporting the home with my meagre salary.
I don't think I can cope anymore. And finding another job has been fruitless. Now, we feed from hand to mouth and my children cannot go to school this session because the debt in their school has accumulated. House rent is there. I'm tired and don't think I can go on. Now, I heard they got a new company to invest in their company so money is available. So, I got his boss' number from his phone.
My question is would it be wrong for me to send his boss a message demanding that he should be paid. The situation is depressing and frustrating. I thought of getting a new sim card to send the message so his boss doesn't know who is sending the message or should I use my real identity.

Habba, is that how terrible you are?

Do you think your husband doesn't know anything?

That journey you want to embark on now will send you to your father's house.

Why take his boss's phone number without your husband's knowledge? Do you want to test the man?

Be patient, Be patient, Be patient.

There was a time only your husband took all the financial responsibility of running tg family and yet he was happy doing it.

You should be happy that at least your family can feed through you.....

Be careful what you do now so you don't complain that your husband has abandoned you to marry another woman because of how you treated him when he was jobless....

Once again.
Learn to be patient.

13 Likes

Re: I Need Advice Urgently by ogawisdom(m): 8:00pm On Aug 12, 2019
Quite a sad story

Did u say demand lol it's pointless barking when u can't bite. Engage a labour lawyer and write to him via ur lawyer n if he doesn't pay drag the idiot to national industrial court.

NB before fighting your employer u should be ready to lose the job too

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice Urgently by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 12, 2019
Tradernaija:

Why take his boss's phone number without your husband's knowledge? Do you want to test the man?

There was a time only your husband took all the financial responsibility of running tg family and yet he was happy doing it.

Be careful what you do now so you don't complain that your husband has abandoned you to marry another woman because of how you treated him when he was jobless....

Once again.
Learn to be patient.

You obviously don't understand. My husband can never get angry for taking his boss' number. He may only pick offence at the action and that's why I want to do it while hiding my identity.

Also I have never let him carry all the responsibility of the home, but when the burden of two become one person's for over a year, you may not understand

3 Likes

Re: I Need Advice Urgently by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 12, 2019
ogawisdom:
Quite a sad story

Did u say demand lol it's pointless barking when u can't bite. Engage a labour lawyer and write to him via ur lawyer n if he doesn't pay drag the idiot to national industrial court.

NB before fighting your employer u should be ready to lose the job too

Even he wants to resign. He's waiting for the money to be paid.
Lawyer? No be money person go use find lawyer?
Re: I Need Advice Urgently by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 12, 2019
If you do that, he will lose his job.

I pray the tide becomes easy for you guys soon. All the best.

5 Likes

Re: I Need Advice Urgently by GboyegaD(m): 8:30pm On Aug 12, 2019
cheenway:

It is totally out of place for you to write the boss as it isn't your business in anyway. That said, be hopeful now that they have new investors interested in the company, they will get paid the arrears and his job retained.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Advice Urgently by Florblu(f): 9:10pm On Aug 12, 2019
Kindly exercise patience. I think your husband should approach his boss to explain condition of things to him. If there's no positive response, show up at his door step one Sunday morning if he's a Christian and Friday morning if he's a Muslim. Go with your last child and explain how things are to him.

I'm not sure of what his reactions will be, but I know you will have a clear thought of action.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Advice Urgently by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 12, 2019
cheenway:

You obviously don't understand. My husband can never get angry for taking his boss' number. He may only pick offence at the action and that's why I want to do it while hiding my identity.

Also I have never let him carry all the responsibility of the home, but when the burden of two become one person's for over a year, you may not understand

Madam I do understand you.

The unity of your family should be considered sacrosanct.

Leave that action for your family's unity sake.

Discuss with your husband to start something else doing. it doesn't matter how little.

I repeat, please be patient, all will be well.

See the things you're doing for your family as a commitment and just try as much as you can to make your husband smile....
Re: I Need Advice Urgently by sisisioge: 10:32pm On Aug 12, 2019
Well, I think your husband should be ready to look for another job asap!

Meanwhile, you shouldn't just send a message, rather, find time to go and see him in your humblest state and appeal to his pity. Recount all the woes that is about to betide you should money not come in soon...after you guys get the salary, bounce biko. Life is actually transactional, if only your bills could be patient same way your husband has been patient angry Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice Urgently by ogawisdom(m): 6:22am On Aug 13, 2019
cheenway:

Even he wants to resign. He's waiting for the money to be paid.
Lawyer? No be money person go use find lawyer?

There is a way it is done most lawyers will agree to pursue the case on a percentage of the money when it is paid say 30%. Say it is 1m u can agree to pay lawyer 300k if he wins the case n get u guys paid. Sometimes just a simple hot letter from a sound lawyer will get the job done self
Re: I Need Advice Urgently by Logobenz3: 9:50am On Aug 13, 2019
Jacinthe:
If you do that, he will lose his job.

I pray the tide becomes easy for you guys soon. All the best.
and you were the only one that saw it from this angle.
I like you already.you are smart.
When I saw the "I don't think I can cope anymore",I just laughed.
Very typical of women tbh yet the modern woman/feminist/wannabes always make it seem like a man's money isn't important? undecided
Madam op you've got to be patient at this point.
Someone has bought over the company which means more liquidity is going to be available and perhaps the business might grow.
Who knows where they will place your husband when the firm gets to new heights?think about it.
Before you relax,you must first sit down.that was what a father figure told me some years back.
Be patient,it will change for good.do not lose out due to impatience!!

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice Urgently by frozen70(f): 11:09am On Aug 13, 2019
cheenway:

If you think you don't trust your hubby and you want to know the real truth if salaries are paid or not, call his boss with your real number and book a visit with him

Just tell him you wan want to confide in him

He will acknowledge your request and tell him all you just typed here, he will be in a best position to tell you all you need to hear and ask him to keep it secret for you

Then start working towards your discussions with him because that will determine your next move

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice Urgently by Logobenz3: 11:10am On Aug 13, 2019
frozen70:

If you think you don't trust your hubby and you want to know the real truth if salaries are paid or not, call his boss with your real number and book a visit with him

Just tell him you wan want to confide in him

He will acknowledge your request and tell him all you just typed here, he will be in a best position to tell you all you need to hear and ask him to keep it secret for you

Then start working towards your discussions with him because that will determine your next move
and how will the boss see the man after such a meeting? undecided
Re: I Need Advice Urgently by frozen70(f): 11:14am On Aug 13, 2019
Logobenz3:
and how will the boss see the man after such a meeting? undecided

Ahaha, the man has not being paid for 10 months, its left for the boss to confirm or deny it
Re: I Need Advice Urgently by Logobenz3: 11:18am On Aug 13, 2019
frozen70:

Ahaha, the man has not being paid for 10 months, its left for the boss to confirm or deny it
Confirmed by whom?
The wife?does that sound professional or even normal to you? undecided
Re: I Need Advice Urgently by frozen70(f): 11:29am On Aug 13, 2019
Logobenz3:
Confirmed by whom?
The wife?does that sound professional or even normal to you? undecided

Wait until you are matured and married then you can make a point

Just keep learning and stop arguments

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice Urgently by Logobenz3: 11:44am On Aug 13, 2019
frozen70:

Wait until you are matured and married then you can make a point

Just keep learning and stop arguments
I am not married,yes.but does that make me lack common sense? undecided
How does a person learn from bullshit?
Re: I Need Advice Urgently by Katier00(f): 9:22am On Aug 16, 2019
Tradernaija:

Once again.
Learn to be patient.
terrible? She wasn't even going towards that direction for God sake. Op i understand your plight, money is a necessary ingredient for the sustainability of the family and can be quite frustrating, if it is not flowing as it should be but I beg please continue to work you are doing, Its worth, i can assure it. In my opinion don't complicate things by going to your husband's boss. It will surely get better with time
Re: I Need Advice Urgently by mcdokwe(m): 10:16am On Aug 16, 2019
I have a relative who was claiming to be owed for months, only for the wife to make inquiries and realized payment had been up to date...

I wonder what a man would be doing in a company owing him for months especially with mouths to fend for unless there are fringe benefits.

How unproductive has he been in the establishment? That would go along way to ascertain how unproductive the company itself has been.
Re: I Need Advice Urgently by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 16, 2019
UPDATE
So I finally damned the consequences and reached out to his boss. I didn't even hide my identity.
He apologized and acknowledged that the organization has been going through a rough time but that things are now getting better.
He also assured that payments will be made 'in a few weeks'
Thanks for all the advice.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice Urgently by Logobenz3: 10:59pm On Aug 16, 2019
cheenway:
UPDATE
So I finally damned the consequences and reached out to his boss. I didn't even hide my identity.
He apologized and acknowledged that the organization has been going through a rough time but that things are now getting better.
you are not a good woman,sorry smiley
You damned the consequences on your husband's career?wow!
Call me whatever you like,I really don't care but all I know is you aren't a good person.
Jeez!

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice Urgently by Nobody: 4:21am On Aug 17, 2019
cheenway:
UPDATE
Basically you are back to status quo, I think this will be a great learning point for people.
Assuming your phone call could make the boss pay your husband he wouldnt even be owning him in the first place.

Who told you his boss too has been paid ?

I just hope that your action will not make the poor guy loose his job.

(1) (Reply)

I Can't Stay Indoors Because My Wife's Trouble Are Bigger Than Corona Virus / 15th Marriage Anniversary / He was caught doing this

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.