Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,996 members, 7,825,081 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Police Arrest Over 100 Armed Robbery Suspects On Mile 2-badagry Expressway (pix) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrest Over 100 Armed Robbery Suspects On Mile 2-badagry Expressway (pix) (33249 Views)

Police Arrest 5 Robbery Suspects Who Pretended To Be EFCC Officials In Abia / Northern Cyprus Police Arrest Over 50 Nigerians For Prostitution, Drugs / How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Arrest Over 100 Armed Robbery Suspects On Mile 2-badagry Expressway (pix) by posty56: 1:10pm On Aug 13, 2019
the insecurity level in nigeria is getting high,no wonder so many check full toad these days
Re: Police Arrest Over 100 Armed Robbery Suspects On Mile 2-badagry Expressway (pix) by Oritsewhandey(m): 1:13pm On Aug 13, 2019
Kingpee2:
I don’t trust our police men when it comes to arresting,are you sure you arrested the right criminals?
On one single bridge, 100 criminals. Haba! Nigerian Police.
That bridge must be changed to
MILE 2 CRIMINAL BRIDGE
Re: Police Arrest Over 100 Armed Robbery Suspects On Mile 2-badagry Expressway (pix) by sunnews247(m): 1:14pm On Aug 13, 2019
Re: Police Arrest Over 100 Armed Robbery Suspects On Mile 2-badagry Expressway (pix) by babatee90(m): 1:15pm On Aug 13, 2019
Kingpee2:
I don’t trust our police men when it comes to arresting,are you sure you arrested the right criminals?
you seem to know the right criminals pls kindly report to the nearest police station or better still army barracks
Re: Police Arrest Over 100 Armed Robbery Suspects On Mile 2-badagry Expressway (pix) by fergieboy: 1:16pm On Aug 13, 2019
Lolzzz police o grin grin cheesy

What they do is they mount Road block at different places along the road and start stopping cars and okada to Harrass them and extort them
Re: Police Arrest Over 100 Armed Robbery Suspects On Mile 2-badagry Expressway (pix) by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 13, 2019
Na dem cheesy

Re: Police Arrest Over 100 Armed Robbery Suspects On Mile 2-badagry Expressway (pix) by makewetalk2: 1:18pm On Aug 13, 2019
why hausa people don day thief now. I been think say dem been day cut their hands those days. are they taking advantage of the fulani herders' advancement?
Re: Police Arrest Over 100 Armed Robbery Suspects On Mile 2-badagry Expressway (pix) by Johntata: 1:20pm On Aug 13, 2019
It's not surprising anymore. The current economy situation have worsen the whole thing. No one can boast of proper three square meal anymore in this country. The jobless youths are uncountable. We have a president who does not care about us. He only cares about COWS alone and nothing more. Criminals will keep on increasing as far as there are no job(s) in this country. Our prisons will soon be filled up and we shall soon be exporting criminals to neighboring countries. Nigeria..... I cry for this country.
Re: Police Arrest Over 100 Armed Robbery Suspects On Mile 2-badagry Expressway (pix) by Gasfoundation(m): 1:22pm On Aug 13, 2019
Why resemblance of Fulani wink
Re: Police Arrest Over 100 Armed Robbery Suspects On Mile 2-badagry Expressway (pix) by DennisEche(m): 1:27pm On Aug 13, 2019
Who else saw the ""no salary boys""?
Re: Police Arrest Over 100 Armed Robbery Suspects On Mile 2-badagry Expressway (pix) by Sinavaramini: 1:28pm On Aug 13, 2019
Hmmm this is equivalent or close to a military Company-sized unit, Nigeria, what is going on?
GistGoViral:
The Lagos State Police Command said that over 100 armed robbery suspects were arrested on Mile 2-Badagry Expressway between January and August, 2019.

Mr Mohammed Ali, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Operations), Lagos State Police Command, made this known in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos on Monday.

He spoke in reaction to public complaints about incessant armed robbery on the Mile 2-Badagry Expressway.

Ali said that the command’s security strategies in the state were still in place, yielding positive results.

According to him, at peak periods, all Area Commanders and Divisional Police Officers (DPOs) are to monitor traffic situation under them, with a view to decongesting traffic and checking criminals operating during such period.

‘’Our major challenge on the Badagry expressway is the bad road and the articulated vehicles and tankers parked on the road from Mile 2. They are not helping security matter on that road.

‘’The tankers blocked the expressway. Heavy traffic is built up daily and that attracted robbers to operate.

‘’Yet our men are moving round to secure members of the public on that road.

‘’Our monitoring men are all in different parts of the metropolis,’’ he said.

According to him, we have officers sent out from morning till night for traffic control to compliment other traffic officials and monitor black spots on motorcycles, patrol vehicles and foots.

Ali also debunked the allegation that the police always looked other ways when some military personnel and their wards were involved in robbery on the Badagry expressway, particularly around Ojo area of the road.

Ali said: ‘’It is not possible for anyone to commit crime and the police will look the other way; no matter who you are, you will be arrested if you commit crime.

‘’No one is above the law, even if you are a uniform person. Over 100 robbers have been arrested on Badagry Expressway this year alone,’’ he said.

On rape cases in Lagos State, Ali said over 60 persons, including some men who slept with their daughters and got them pregnant were arrested and charged to court.

‘’We don’t waste time on rape cases. Once arrested, there is a special court in Ikeja where the suspects are arraigned immediately.

‘’Rape is a special offence that needs special attention,’’ he said.

Ali also noted that the police did not have to wait for 24 hours before commencing investigation in a case of a missing person, saying that such was not the practice of the command.

‘’The Commissioner of Police did not give such an instruction that the police should wait for 24 hours to start investigation whenever people report a case of a missing person.

‘’That is dangerous to the survival of the victim. We believe that within 24 hours, such a victim should be found.

‘’When any officer receives a report of a missing person, the first thing to do is to make a radio announcement to alert the entire command, so that if such person is kidnapped, the men on the road can look all areas, vehicles and not to wait for 24 hours.

‘’If anyone is found to do that in Lagos Command, such a person will be dealt with, because that is not our practice,’’ Ali said.

For the activities of “No Salary Boys”, Ali said more than 30 of them had been arrested in the last one week, saying that the police were arresting them daily and would continue to raid them.

The ‘’No Salary Boys’’ have been on rampage in the last two weeks in Igando area of the state going from house to house robbing people of their belongings and inflicting injuries on some residents.

See more photos here; http://gistmore.com/police-arrest-over-100-armed-robbery-suspects-on-mile-2-badagry-expressway
Re: Police Arrest Over 100 Armed Robbery Suspects On Mile 2-badagry Expressway (pix) by dododawa1: 1:42pm On Aug 13, 2019
almostly are those soldier's CHILDREN on that axis.
Re: Police Arrest Over 100 Armed Robbery Suspects On Mile 2-badagry Expressway (pix) by AngelicBeing: 1:46pm On Aug 13, 2019
Lexusgs430:
That road is notoriously dangerous, a hotbed for traffic criminals...........

They had to do something.......... They also need loads of undercover operatives manning that stretch of road........
That road is an international road, l drove along that road few years ago while visiting Nigeria, robbers attacked a vehicle coming from Seme border, I was driving behind the bus, it was like 4 vehicles before mine, l quickly reversed back, jumped out of my SUV, abandoned my SUV and ran to take cover with other people who also abandoned their vehicles, it was a scaring experience, Nigeria don cast sad
Re: Police Arrest Over 100 Armed Robbery Suspects On Mile 2-badagry Expressway (pix) by EdiskyHarry: 1:46pm On Aug 13, 2019
Me I don't take Nigerian police serious anymore
Re: Police Arrest Over 100 Armed Robbery Suspects On Mile 2-badagry Expressway (pix) by judedwriter(m): 1:50pm On Aug 13, 2019
Armed robbery never pays...problem is robbers never learn until its too late.
Re: Police Arrest Over 100 Armed Robbery Suspects On Mile 2-badagry Expressway (pix) by Alfasalau(m): 1:54pm On Aug 13, 2019
GistGoViral:
The Lagos State Police Command said that over 100 armed robbery suspects were arrested on Mile 2-Badagry Expressway between January and August, 2019.

Mr Mohammed Ali, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Operations), Lagos State Police Command, made this known in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos on Monday.

He spoke in reaction to public complaints about incessant armed robbery on the Mile 2-Badagry Expressway.

Ali said that the command’s security strategies in the state were still in place, yielding positive results.

According to him, at peak periods, all Area Commanders and Divisional Police Officers (DPOs) are to monitor traffic situation under them, with a view to decongesting traffic and checking criminals operating during such period.

‘’Our major challenge on the Badagry expressway is the bad road and the articulated vehicles and tankers parked on the road from Mile 2. They are not helping security matter on that road.

‘’The tankers blocked the expressway. Heavy traffic is built up daily and that attracted robbers to operate.

‘’Yet our men are moving round to secure members of the public on that road.

‘’Our monitoring men are all in different parts of the metropolis,’’ he said.

According to him, we have officers sent out from morning till night for traffic control to compliment other traffic officials and monitor black spots on motorcycles, patrol vehicles and foots.

Ali also debunked the allegation that the police always looked other ways when some military personnel and their wards were involved in robbery on the Badagry expressway, particularly around Ojo area of the road.

Ali said: ‘’It is not possible for anyone to commit crime and the police will look the other way; no matter who you are, you will be arrested if you commit crime.

‘’No one is above the law, even if you are a uniform person. Over 100 robbers have been arrested on Badagry Expressway this year alone,’’ he said.

On rape cases in Lagos State, Ali said over 60 persons, including some men who slept with their daughters and got them pregnant were arrested and charged to court.

‘’We don’t waste time on rape cases. Once arrested, there is a special court in Ikeja where the suspects are arraigned immediately.

‘’Rape is a special offence that needs special attention,’’ he said.

Ali also noted that the police did not have to wait for 24 hours before commencing investigation in a case of a missing person, saying that such was not the practice of the command.

‘’The Commissioner of Police did not give such an instruction that the police should wait for 24 hours to start investigation whenever people report a case of a missing person.

‘’That is dangerous to the survival of the victim. We believe that within 24 hours, such a victim should be found.

‘’When any officer receives a report of a missing person, the first thing to do is to make a radio announcement to alert the entire command, so that if such person is kidnapped, the men on the road can look all areas, vehicles and not to wait for 24 hours.

‘’If anyone is found to do that in Lagos Command, such a person will be dealt with, because that is not our practice,’’ Ali said.

For the activities of “No Salary Boys”, Ali said more than 30 of them had been arrested in the last one week, saying that the police were arresting them daily and would continue to raid them.

The ‘’No Salary Boys’’ have been on rampage in the last two weeks in Igando area of the state going from house to house robbing people of their belongings and inflicting injuries on some residents.

See more photos here; http://gistmore.com/police-arrest-over-100-armed-robbery-suspects-on-mile-2-badagry-expressway
Thief plenty pass people that do legit work in Lagos I fear dem no time to waste travelling back to Abuja next tomorrow I can't stay here again
Re: Police Arrest Over 100 Armed Robbery Suspects On Mile 2-badagry Expressway (pix) by blackboy(m): 1:59pm On Aug 13, 2019
I am not surprised. But before you say jack robinson the likes of MC will come bail them and make the DPO smile and laugh.
The guyz are used by politicians to hold on to power.
Re: Police Arrest Over 100 Armed Robbery Suspects On Mile 2-badagry Expressway (pix) by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 13, 2019
Over 100? Anyway it says suspects. means they could all be innocent.

I don't trust nigerian police
Re: Police Arrest Over 100 Armed Robbery Suspects On Mile 2-badagry Expressway (pix) by starbright4real(m): 2:09pm On Aug 13, 2019
pls everyone am a graduate of accounting (hnd) pls i seriously need a job. positive response wil b appreciated.
Re: Police Arrest Over 100 Armed Robbery Suspects On Mile 2-badagry Expressway (pix) by DJInfluence: 2:17pm On Aug 13, 2019
arrested without trials. Since January, some people have not seen freedom most likely for crimes they didn´t commit.
Re: Police Arrest Over 100 Armed Robbery Suspects On Mile 2-badagry Expressway (pix) by shigishege: 2:34pm On Aug 13, 2019
whether d fault is from d police or the poster of d news, d picture does not reflect d people police are talking about. dis people in dis picture are more of nothern extract and are the police saying they arested these notorious daredevil kidnappers and robbers with such a sophisticated weapon and gadgets within Lagos?? I don't believe so. even moreso that news nowadays has become something DAT must be verified before u can believe them. a lot of bloggers posting lies and anything they feel like.
Re: Police Arrest Over 100 Armed Robbery Suspects On Mile 2-badagry Expressway (pix) by kereman1: 2:38pm On Aug 13, 2019
Very commendable by the NPF.

My mum who is a trader, that sells food stuffs, narrated an ordeal she had with 2 of these criminals yesterday,
She was on her way to iyanoba morning market by 5am, she had about 40K on her she wanted to use purchase some goods, sh boarded a bus from alakija, only for d bus to have just 3 vacant seats close to the door, 2 guys came in and occupied the 2 seats, the conductor had to seat on 1, as the bus was approaching under bridge, these 2 guys started operation, my mum said they were about 5 traders in d bus going to purchase goods.

They registered their presence as criminals by landing a hot, raw slap on the face of the conductor, on of them pulled out was seems to be a gun, without bullet.
The bus was filled with women, with just few men.
One of the male occupants of the bus, summoned courage and wrestled with d thief wielding the gun, the other men seeing wat was happening decended on the oda thief by d door, and had to jump out of the speeding vehicle.

Only one as apprehended. All thanks to the brave man, my mum wud have lost her money.

Na only God dey save market women, ohhhh.
If my mum dey tell me the tales of her experience with armed robbers that prey on female traders Ehhhh.
I dey duff my cap for her bravery and thank God for his saving grace to her.
Re: Police Arrest Over 100 Armed Robbery Suspects On Mile 2-badagry Expressway (pix) by KingGBsky(m): 2:49pm On Aug 13, 2019
This are Fulani herdsmen... are they afraid of calling them the name? Cattle rearers at day, robbers at night
Re: Police Arrest Over 100 Armed Robbery Suspects On Mile 2-badagry Expressway (pix) by Lexusgs430: 2:53pm On Aug 13, 2019
AngelicBeing:
That road is an international road, l drove along that road few years ago while visiting Nigeria, robbers attacked a vehicle coming from Seme border, I was driving behind the bus, it was like 4 vehicles before mine, l quickly reversed back, jumped out of my SUV, abandoned my SUV and ran to take cover with other people who also abandoned their vehicles, it was a scaring experience, Nigeria don cast sad

Why did you jump?....? They probably only wanted to say HELLO......... cheesy
Re: Police Arrest Over 100 Armed Robbery Suspects On Mile 2-badagry Expressway (pix) by kereman1: 3:01pm On Aug 13, 2019
psychologist:
Mile 2 to badagry axis....... Den of thieves

Especially maza maza and alakija side

My mum have been robbed countless times at alakija, na alakija be their base.

In short anywhere that has bridge in lagos crime is bound to be rampant there.
Re: Police Arrest Over 100 Armed Robbery Suspects On Mile 2-badagry Expressway (pix) by seanjy4konji: 3:03pm On Aug 13, 2019
crime rate high...

no loose guard ooo...make we no jam agbako...make dem no do ahoo but u no give dem job...

nigeria go hear weeennnnn
Re: Police Arrest Over 100 Armed Robbery Suspects On Mile 2-badagry Expressway (pix) by aloysous11: 3:07pm On Aug 13, 2019
it available just call or whatsapp
Re: Police Arrest Over 100 Armed Robbery Suspects On Mile 2-badagry Expressway (pix) by AngelicBeing: 3:15pm On Aug 13, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Why did you jump?....? They probably only wanted to say HELLO......... cheesy
Hian, l jumped out of my car and jappa oo, say hello ke, mehn there is hunger in Nigeria oo, after the incident, l stopped driving, l went on a very low profile and was living in Nigeria like a ghost grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stray Bullets Hit 2 As Customs, Petrol Smugglers Clash At Seme Border / A Man Caught Stealing A Generator In IMO State (pics) / South African Lady Who Escaped Abusive Boyfriend, Murdered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.