Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,549 members, 7,837,103 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Biafran Civil War Slangs And Nicknames - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafran Civil War Slangs And Nicknames (8503 Views)

Adams Oshiomhole And His Many Nicknames / Nicknames Associated With Ajimobi / EXPOSED; 45 Cultists Slangs And Their Meaning! Be At Alert In Grave Situation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafran Civil War Slangs And Nicknames by pazienza(m): 3:48pm On Aug 13, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Civil War Slangs And Nicknames by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 13, 2019
Pazienza if you're to defend the trajectory of the eastern region, please do it with fairness. You're still wearing the toga of one leaving behind all objectivity. It seems you choose to research points supporting your pro Zik arguments while turning a blind eye to those of the minorities, and that won't do your propositions any good.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Civil War Slangs And Nicknames by Mbeki: 3:57pm On Aug 13, 2019
APCLyingBastard:
Ogbunigwe or Ojukwu Bucket as referred to be the Nigerian Federal forces

Very deadly home made Biafran multipurpose bomb produced by the Weapons and Equipment Workshop subsequently subsumed under the Research and Production (RAP) Organization. Ogbunigwe was based on the physics of the “Monroe” effect. It killed and maimed by wave effect percussion and dispersal of shrapnel. It was shaped either as a cone or cylinder and could be used as a land mine, a ground to ground projectile against troop concentrations or ground to air anti-personnel “air burst” cluster bomb.
Just imagine the high-tech weapons then. By now, North Korea, Russia and the US, will be learning from Biafra. The Nigerian Army we have now are cow ranching and estate development military.

4 Likes

Re: Biafran Civil War Slangs And Nicknames by APCLyingBastard: 3:58pm On Aug 13, 2019
Mbeki:

Just imagine the high-tech weapons then. By now, North Korea, Russia and the US, will be learning from Biafra. The Nigerian Army we have now are cow ranching and estate development military.

Too much niggery will not make them develop.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Civil War Slangs And Nicknames by pazienza(m): 4:11pm On Aug 13, 2019
Chiwude:
When I said Zik, I was implying that he shouldn't have contested the priemership with Eyo Ita knowing how highly placed the eastern representative viewed him. Zik was a cult hero as at then and should have known the damage Eyo Ita's loss would do to the unity of the east. Was the premiership worth the unity of the east? Was the premiership worth the referendum and subsequent secession of southern Cameroon's to join French cameroun? Was the premiership worth the struggle of the minorities to start clamouring for COR state which was sponsored by outsiders like Ahmadu Bello? It wasn't worth it.
He should have allowed Eyo Ita be in the premiership, while he uses the support of the eastern assembly to launch his political postion as Prime Ministerof Nigeria or President whatsoever.

I am not a fan of Zik.
But I don't see any wrong in his move to the East. You only see wrong in it because he is Igbo. And I ask, if he was the most capable hand for the post, why should his ethnicity matter? Is this the type of Biafra we want to create?
The Biafra where we would sacrifice competence,
at the altar of carrying unwilling partner along. Remember this was how Zik got it in his mindset that the North was essential to Igboland and must remain in same geographical entity with Ndiigbo, even if it meant relegating Ndiigbo to backseat and handing all power to the North.

You later day Biafrans should watch it. I see similar trait in you as in Zik you are castigating.

In Zik era, the North had no interest in Nigerian independence, they preferred an arrangement under British colonialism.
The Niger Delta I know today are not interested in Biafra/Independence from Nigeria. They mostly want a renegotiated Nigeria (call it resource control or restructuring) under the Fulani control.

Zik was infatuated with the North vast arable mineral rich lands and felt it was a necessity for Igboland to stay attached to the North if we must become great.
The IPOB led Biafrans are infatuated with the sea coasts and crude oil wealth of Niger delta, and are today erroneously thinking we can't be great without staying attached to them. It's same Zik myopia.

Zik set out to do everything possible including happily playing the ceremonial role to woo the North into accepting Nigeria with Ndiigbo.

The Biafrans under Ipob are doing same. They will take all sorts of poo and insults from minorities, in senseless bid to keep them part of Igboland. You yourself are already conditioning Ndiigbo to accept ceremonial role in Biafra, if only to keep the minorities in it.

The North were comfortable with colonial Nigeria, but would gladly accept driver seat of new Nigeria that Zik and co fought for with their blood.

The Niger deltans are proudly one Nigerianists, but would gladly accept Biafra if Ndiigbo can guarantee them front seat and accept backseat, they will not fight or shed blood for Biafra with you. Yet They don't want share power in Biafra with you. To this end, the Capital of Biafra must be in Minority territory and not Igboland, and the leader of this Biafra must not be Igbo.Anything else on the contrary would be Igbo domination and God forbid they be part of it.
The minorities would rather stay in Nigeria under Fulani than share power in Biafra with Igbos. Don't even talk about Igbo becoming the first Biafran president of Biafra or in charge of Biafra.

The Nigeria Zik negotiated in bid to carry along unwilling partners in the North, was the one that condemned Unborn Igbo generations to a position in which they have to fight again for freedom from Fulanis.

The type of Biafra Ipob and all Igbos who are proposing a multi ethnic Biafra will bequeath us, will bequeath us with, will be one in which our Unborn generations would still one day have to fight to free themselves from the minorities.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafran Civil War Slangs And Nicknames by gidgiddy: 4:17pm On Aug 13, 2019
pazienza:

This is why personally, I'm in support of independent Niger delta republic and vehemently against a Biafra with Eastern minorities, because it would appear that such Biafra will be another Nigeria 2.0, where Zik(Igbo) had to become subjugated to minority Fulani, just to woo them to remain in Nigeria and to prove to them that he(Zik)/Igbo have no domination agenda.
If we accept such Biafra of Igbo perpetual subjugation in other to accommodate the minorities, then a future will come when Igbo generations unborn would again have to fight again for their freedom from the minorities,as we the current Igbo generation are currently doing against the Fulanis and their lackeys.

I dont see how there can ever be a Niger Delta Republic. I have only ever heard of such from a few Ijaws. Theres no agitation for it. I dont see how Ijaws, Ibibio's, Ogojas and Urhobos, to mention a few, can build an alliance for such a Republic. But if they can, I'm all for it as long as the Igbo speaking part of it are given a choice to be with their kith and kin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Civil War Slangs And Nicknames by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 13, 2019
pazienza:

I am not a fan of Zik.
But I don't see any wrong in his move to the East. You only see wrong in it because he is Igbo. And I ask, if he was the most capable hand for the post, why should his ethnicity matter? Is this the type of Biafra we want to create?
The Biafra where we would sacrifice competence,
at the altar of carrying unwilling partner along. Remember this was how Zik got it in his mindset that the North is essential to Igboland and must remain in same geographical entity with Ndiigbo, even if it meant relegating Ndiigbo to backseat and handing all power to the North.

You later day Biafrans should watch it. I see similar trait in you as in Zik you are castigating.

In Zik era, the North had no interest in Nigerian independence, they preferred an arrangement under British colonialism.
The Niger Delta I know today are not interested in Biafra/Independence from Nigeria. They mostly want a renegotiated Nigeria (call it resource control or restructuring) under the Fulani control.

Zik was infatuated with the North vast arable mineral rich lands and felt it was a necessity for Igboland to stay attached to the North if we must become great.
The IPOB led Biafrans are infatuated with the sea coasts and crude oil wealth of Niger delta, and are today erroneously thinking we can't be great without staying attached to them. It's same Zik myopia.

Zik set out to do everything possible including happily playing the ceremonial role to woo the North into accepting Nigeria with Ndiigbo.

The Biafrans under Ipob are doing same. They will take all sorts of poo and insults from minorities, in senseless bid to keep them part of Igboland. You yourself are already conditioning Ndiigbo to accept ceremonial role in Biafra, if only to keep the minorities in it.

The North were comfortable with colonial Nigeria, but would gladly accept driver seat of new Nigeria that Zik and co fought for with their blood.

The Niger deltans are proudly one Nigerianists, but would gladly accept Biafra if Ndiigbo can guarantee them front seat and accept backseat, they will not fight or shed blood for Biafra with you. Yet They don't want share power in Biafra with you. To this end, the Capital of Biafra must be in Minority territory and not Igboland, and the leader of this Biafra must not be Igbo.Anything else on the contrary would be Igbo domination and God forbid they be part of it.
The minorities would rather stay in Nigeria under Fulani than share power in Biafra with Igbos. Don't even talk about Igbo becoming the first Biafran president of Biafra or in charge of Biafra.

The Nigeria Zik negotiated in bid to carry along unwilling partners in the North, was the one that condemned Unborn Igbo generations to a position in which they have to fight again for freedom from Fulanis.

The type of Biafra Ipob and all Igbos who are proposing a multi ethnic Biafra, is the One our Unborn generations would still one day have to fight to free themselves from the minorities.
You said the truth! I have already opposed IPOB's idea of one Biafra with the minorities. The seed that has divided us since the civil war is still in their psyche.
We can live side by side together so long they perish the thoughts of tagging Igboland in the South-South into their republic and so long Nnamdi Kanu and his dreamers perish the thought of mapping them into his phantom multi ethnic Biafra.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafran Civil War Slangs And Nicknames by pazienza(m): 4:26pm On Aug 13, 2019
gidgiddy:

I dont see how there can ever be a Niger Delta Republic. I have only ever heard of such from a few Ijaws. Theres no agitation for it. I dont see how Ijaws, Ibibio's, Ogojas and Urhobos, to mention a few, can build an alliance for such a Republic. But if they can, I'm all for it as long as the Igbo speaking part of it are given a choice to be with their kith and kin

Maybe we could help them achieve it. Once we get Biafra.
But I have done my own analysis. My discovery is that only an Igbo only Biafra can work.
The Igboids in Rivers,Delta, etc can be incorporated if they wish.
But we should have no non Igbo except the acculturated Igalas In Anambra , the Ekoids in Ebonyi and the Idoma /Igala in Enugu.

We should retain cordial relationship with the minorities and work in areas of mutual interest with them. The boundaries will dissipate all the unnecessary built up animosities and make for good neighbors between us and them.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Civil War Slangs And Nicknames by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 13, 2019
Dreamers everywhere .

Since heaven knows pazienza is always biafrans analyst.

you no dey tire.

Make una keep dreaming
Re: Biafran Civil War Slangs And Nicknames by pazienza(m): 4:46pm On Aug 13, 2019
Chiwude:
You said the truth! I have already opposed IPOB's idea of one Biafra with the minorities. The seed that has divided us since the civil war is still in their psyche.
We can live side by side together so long they perish the thoughts of tagging Igboland in the South-South into their republic and so long Nnamdi Kanu and his dreamers perish the thought of mapping them into his phantom multi ethnic Biafra.

Exactly.

The world is an ever changing dynamics. The arable rich lands of the North that looked so enticing to Zik in years past is no longer that enticing today.

The crude oil and sea coasts Ipob and co are falling over today, will be rendered redundant by newer technologies or change in dynamics tomorrow.

But what will ever remain constant is the need for freedom, because nothing great or worthwhile can be achieved by a people without freedom to lead their own destiny.

I refuse and will oppose a Biafra where our potentials will be stiffled in bid to carry along unwilling partners yet again. Such Biafra will be an albatross to unborn Igbos and they will look back and cry over our myopia and even curse us for it, like we currently do with Zik and his myopic Nigerian vision.

We must dare to do better than our forerunners did. We must not sacrifice freedom of the unborn generations of Ndiigbo for crumbs of today. The labour of Zik and other Igbos who fought for Nigerian independence from the British is a wasted effort as it stands today. May we not waste our own efforts!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Civil War Slangs And Nicknames by LLobiorah: 5:31pm On Aug 13, 2019
MelesZenawi:
Dreamers everywhere .

Since heaven knows pazienza is always biafrans analyst.

you no dey tire.

Make una keep dreaming

Hello Child.
This is way above your 'minute brain', so you have no contribution, other than rant. Stay away!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafran Civil War Slangs And Nicknames by gidgiddy: 5:32pm On Aug 13, 2019
pazienza:

But I have done my own analysis. My discovery is that only an Igbo only Biafra can work.
But we should have no non Igbo except the acculturated Igalas In Anambra , the Ekoids in Ebonyi and the Idoma /Igala in Enugu.

We should retain cordial relationship with the minorities and work in areas of mutual interest with them. The boundaries will dissipate all the unnecessary built up animosities and make for good neighbors between us and them.

No, it shouldn't be the Igbos who helps the minorities to get Niger Delta Republic. Hundreds of Igbos killed in operation python dance or while agitating for Biafra to help an Ijaw man get his own country? Would the Ijaw man do that for Igbos? No way. The way I see it is that freedom will come faster if the minorities and Igbos team up to strive for it. But if the minorities dont join Igbos in the struggle for freedom, let them continue with Nigeria. Let a referendum be held in the South East as well as the Igboids of Benue, Delta, Rivers and Edo(Igbanke)

If all these get a referendum and vote to leave Nigeria as an independent nation, it's all good

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Civil War Slangs And Nicknames by pazienza(m): 5:40pm On Aug 13, 2019
gidgiddy:

No, it shouldn't be the Igbos who helps the minorities to get Niger Delta Republic. Hundreds of Igbos killed in operation python dance or while agitating for Biafra to help an Ijaw man get his own country? Would the Ijaw man do that for Igbos? No way. The way I see it is that freedom will come faster if the minorities and Igbos team up to strive for it. But if the minorities dont join Igbos in the struggle for freedom, let them continue with Nigeria. Let a referendum be held in the South East as well as the Igboids of Benue, Delta, Rivers and Edo(Igbanke)

If all these get a referendum and vote to leave Nigeria as an independent nation, it's all good

An independent Niger delta free from Abuja control,serves Biafra interest more than Niger delta still a part of Nigeria and controlled by Abuja.

It is to Biafra interest that Niger delta becomes independent once we leave Nigeria.
It will make things easier for us, as per our quest for a negotiated sea corridor through IMO river, to Atlantic via minority controlled Rivers down south. An independent Niger delta republic will be easier to negotiate with than one controlled by Abuja that will be tinted with lots of myopic Igbophobia, I would imagine.

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Civil War Slangs And Nicknames by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 13, 2019
LLobiorah:

Hello Child.
This is way above your 'minute brain', so you have no contribution, other than rant. Stay away!

Pazienza knows well my line of thought.

So let him stop that outdated education here.

Moreover Ipob and their activities are recently outlawed further in a particular state.

That no withstanding, popular opinion must always hold sway not necessarily what his thoughts are.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Civil War Slangs And Nicknames by LLobiorah: 6:09pm On Aug 13, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Pazienza knows well my line of thought.

So let him stop that outdated education here.

Moreover Ipob and their activities are recently outlawed further in a particular state.

That no withstanding, popular opinion must always hold sway not necessarily what his thoughts are.

Is way beyond you!

5 Likes

Re: Biafran Civil War Slangs And Nicknames by true2god: 7:19pm On Aug 13, 2019
pazienza:

That wouldnt have saved Biafra.

What would have saved Biafra was striking the deal with USSR to enable them use their superior navy to secure the coast of Niger Delta and prevent Nigerian soldiers from attacking, seizing, and terrorizing those communities into turning against Biafra in place of becoming exterminated by the genocidal Nigerian Army.

That's what would have saved Biafra. Ojukwu underestimated the importance of those coasts to Biafra. He miscalculated the British. He emotionally thought that the Christian British would surely not support the genocidal Islamic led Nigerian Army. He was too young and had little understanding of the world politics and wouldn't allow the elders counsel him.
100%. You are right!
Re: Biafran Civil War Slangs And Nicknames by duncun: 8:04pm On Aug 13, 2019

1 Like

Re: Biafran Civil War Slangs And Nicknames by duncun: 10:53pm On Aug 13, 2019

5 Likes

Re: Biafran Civil War Slangs And Nicknames by fx45(m): 11:36pm On Aug 13, 2019
laudate:
I did not address my remarks to you, now kindly get out of my mentions.
I once met a girl called Laudate at Nnewi and I remembered your hateful ass
Re: Biafran Civil War Slangs And Nicknames by Area4Area: 11:41pm On Aug 13, 2019
APCLyingBastard:
Araba

Araba in Hausa means to separate. The term first appeared on placards carried by rioters in Bauchi in May 1966 after promulgation of the ill-advised Unification decree #34. That is why the May riots, which quickly spread to other towns in the north, are sometimes called the araba riots.
Second time the northerners wanted a separation from the rest of Nigeria but Ndigbo refused.
Re: Biafran Civil War Slangs And Nicknames by Area4Area: 11:47pm On Aug 13, 2019
gidgiddy:

Adaka Boro's Niger Delta republic was an only Ijaw thing, no other group was invited, read more about it. The Igbos of the SE have never told you they want a country of their own, how much more the SS Igbos but you feel you can speak for everyone.
Re: Biafran Civil War Slangs And Nicknames by laudate: 11:58pm On Aug 13, 2019
fx45:
I once met a girl called Laudate at Nnewi and I remembered your hateful ass
Eeyah...so girls now bear laudate? shocked When will you stop lying, biko?

1 Like

Re: Biafran Civil War Slangs And Nicknames by fx45(m): 12:09am On Aug 14, 2019
laudate:
Eeyah...so girls now bear laudate? shocked When will you stop lying, biko?
When will you have sense? Do I owe you truth or falsehood? I owe you nothing!
Re: Biafran Civil War Slangs And Nicknames by laudate: 12:10am On Aug 14, 2019
fx45:
When will you have sense? Do I owe you truth or falsehood? I owe you nothing!
And why must you jump into my mentions at every little chance you get...biko, get lost! You started the insults, and you are now whining after you got a taste of your own medicine....

3 Likes

Re: Biafran Civil War Slangs And Nicknames by Nobody: 12:56am On Aug 14, 2019
pazienza:

Exactly.

The world is an ever changing dynamics. The arable rich lands of the North that looked so enticing to Zik in years past is no longer that enticing today.

The crude oil and sea coasts Ipob and co are falling over today, will be rendered redundant by newer technologies or change in dynamics tomorrow.

But what will ever remain constant is the need for freedom, because nothing great or worthwhile can be achieved by a people without freedom to lead their own destiny.

I refuse and will oppose a Biafra where our potentials will be stiffled in bid to carry along unwilling partners yet again. Such Biafra will be an albatross to unborn Igbos and they will look back and cry over our myopia and even curse us for it, like we currently do with Zik and his myopic Nigerian vision.

We must dare to do better than our forerunners did. We must not sacrifice freedom of the unborn generations of Ndiigbo for crumbs of today. The labour of Zik and other Igbos who fought for Nigerian independence from the British is a wasted effort as it stands today. May we not waste our own efforts!

1 Like

Re: Biafran Civil War Slangs And Nicknames by Nobody: 1:04am On Aug 14, 2019
pazienza:
I can already hear my fellow Igbos puting the blame of Eyo ita saga on Zik. We must desist from doing such as that was never the truth. And worst still, when you put the Eyo ita saga blame on Zik, you see just Zik as an Igbo, but in the perception of an Efik man, Zik is Igbo and Igbo is Zik.
Eyo ita fall will now be twisted by them to represent proof of Igbo oppression and domination of Eastern non Igbo groups, even when no such thing existed.

So when you put Eyo ita fall from Grace on Zik, you have unconsciously put his fall on Ndiigbo.
Perception is everything.

In as much as we want to rebuild our bond with the Eastern non Igbo groups, such bond must not be build on lies that are detrimental to the Igbo nation just to please or soothe the sensibilities of people.

I will repost posts of mine on this Eyo ita saga here.
When I am through, I want all Igbos and non Igbo Easterners here to be the judge.

The problem of our fore runners was that they never cared about non Igbos perception of Ndiigbo, they naively believed that once they keep their hands clean , work hard and work in the spirit of equity and justice, that it would be enough.

Our enemies in the Lagos-Ibadan press capitalized on that weakness and twisted the perception of the entire Nigeria against us.
I have read about the highly Igbophobic "Yoruba ronu" speech of Akintola, the Igbophobic Saraduna speeches and the the toxic and victimizing article by the Oba of Bini, Oba Akenzua the second, on Ndiigbo, but not once did I read strong and violent rebuttal from the Igbo elites of those era against those lies.

They made no effort to debunk those lies and multiple others coming from different angles in the then tribally charged Nigeria, they simply ignored them all, and those lies were repeated often and on unchallenged, until they began to form people perception of Ndiigbo.

That was a grave mistake, that this generation of Ndiigbo must not repeat.

We must not allowour bitter enemies form people perception about us, we must debunk all their lies and evil propaganda and expose them for demons they are.

Perception is everything in the human world.

Dalu kwanu.
Perception is everything nwanne, and it behoves on every true Igbo to deny the purveyors of Igbo hate their generational attributes of always painting us in bad light.
The coming of the internet was divine intervention by the almighty for us, and we should use it well to trounce the agenda of the sons of Belial.

3 Likes

Re: Biafran Civil War Slangs And Nicknames by letu(m): 1:22am On Aug 14, 2019
pazienza:

Panzienze I like your position concerning the Biafra issue, is there any organization here in eastern Nigeria/diaspora in which you are a member that is fighting against this idea/ movement for multi ethnic Biafran republic i will like to be a member/join if such is not in existence , don't you think that it's necessary for such an organization/movement to exist in the eastern part of Nigeria/diaspora.
Re: Biafran Civil War Slangs And Nicknames by Nobody: 1:35am On Aug 14, 2019
letu:
Panzienze I like your position concerning the Biafra issue, is there any organization here in eastern Nigeria/diaspora in which you are a member that is fighting against this idea/ movement for multi ethnic Biafran republic i will like to be a member/join if such is not in existence , don't you think that it's necessary for such an organization/movement to exist in the eastern part of Nigeria/diaspora.
I once asked Pazienza such questions some years back. I think we come together and form such Pan Igbo organization. This is the best agenda for us and not Kanu's IPOB.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Civil War Slangs And Nicknames by mightguy(m): 1:47am On Aug 14, 2019
Biafra must come to pass. I believe in homogeneous igbo nation. any other thing than this .none of my business.....

1 Like

Re: Biafran Civil War Slangs And Nicknames by mightguy(m): 1:50am On Aug 14, 2019
Chiwude:
I once asked Pazienza such questions some years back. I think we come together and form such Pan Igbo organization. This is the best agenda for us and not Kanu's IPOB.
bro it seems kanu ipob is the only pressure hitting Nigeria only if he could listen and stop fighting for every Tom .dickkkkkk.and Harry and focus on emancipation of ndi igbo.we would Ave gone a long way

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Civil War Slangs And Nicknames by letu(m): 1:57am On Aug 14, 2019
Chiwude:
That's exactly also my line of thought because this online/ nairaland strategy of sending such messages to Igbo' s and there South South Nigeria is/ may not be enough.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sex For Grades: Atiku Praises Senate's Reintroduction Of Sexual Harassment Bill / Former APC State Chairmen Urge Party To Adopt Emefiele As Presidential Candidate / Fashola Arrests 5 'Okada' Riders For Driving Against Traffic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.