Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,203 members, 7,818,674 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Between School And Learning Work Which One Is Better? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Between School And Learning Work Which One Is Better? (758 Views)

What Did You Study In School And What Are You Doing Presently? Let's Discuss. / Which One Is Good Between School Of Nursing Or Going Through University / Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between School And Learning Work Which One Is Better? by daddyfreeman1(m): 11:06am On Aug 13, 2019
Good day my fellow Nairalanders, please I want matured people only... Don't mind my English and punctuations. I need a solution to what has been bordering me for the past 1week now. kiss undecided I took Jamb this year, unfortunately I scored 173 which is poly, but i traveled with my uncle, so I couldn't make it up to buy the post Utme form for poly when I came back, the last option now is evening program. I wanted to go yesterday to buy the evening program form, but on Friday last week a sister I was chatting with advised me to use this opportunity and learn work, that school doesn't pay nowadays,... after explaining to her, She told me that she will help me with connections and connect me with people that are into electrical work.

She said I can still be doing part time program while learning my work, so I bought the idea, You know in Nigeria to get work this days after school is very hard... Please advise me, between going to school first (university) and learning how sell electrical appliances first like. Socket, wire's, Bulbs, etc which one is better... Please advice a brother. Thank you very much.

No insult please.
Re: Between School And Learning Work Which One Is Better? by thesicilian: 11:23am On Aug 13, 2019

She said I can still be doing part time program while learning my work
That is your answer.
Re: Between School And Learning Work Which One Is Better? by sinaj(f): 11:25am On Aug 13, 2019
Learn work, make money and buy any certificate you want without almost not entering any classroom or

Go to school, go for service, comeout look for job if you lucky to find any good for you if you dont, you look for skill to learn.

Consider age when making your choice tho.
Re: Between School And Learning Work Which One Is Better? by mastertunji(m): 11:28am On Aug 13, 2019
They are both useful, and none should be traded for d other. Education improves your personality and opens your eyes, while work increases your finance.

In your own case, you can learn the work. Learning the work does not mean you should forget education. It will rather make you financially independent when you want to continue your studies; U won't need to be writing application and CV after graduating.

Doing full time or part time is your choice.

Also, pls note that acquiring education should not be solely for getting a job. Go to school, either U are sure of working with your certificate or not. A jobless graduate is still better than a jobless illiterate. If education is expensive, try ignorance.
Re: Between School And Learning Work Which One Is Better? by InansBobo(m): 2:47pm On Aug 13, 2019
In case you would want to go to school for full-time, you can actually Change your institution to any other one that is yet to conduct post utme though
Re: Between School And Learning Work Which One Is Better? by SeanBeulah(m): 8:20pm On Aug 13, 2019
If you're less that 25 years i would advice you go to school but if you're above 25 please go learn work. If you're serious, by 28 you would have become your own boss.

Mind you if you choice to go to school say 25years, the best you can get is graduating at 29 (that's with ASUU strike) and you would be forced to serve for a year (otherwise your certificate might not earn you a Job) meaning you'll start hunting for job at 30 and there's not assurance you would get one anytime soon

Please consider your age and decide

(1) (Reply)

Utilize Starry Gold Video Lectures For Your ICAN July Diet Exam Preparations. / Where You Can Learn Digital Marketing In Lekki / What's The First Thing That Comes To Your Mind If You Got Scammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.