Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,684 members, 7,809,588 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

The World Class Oshodi Transport Interchange (Breathtaking Photos) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The World Class Oshodi Transport Interchange (Breathtaking Photos) (65059 Views)

Oshodi Transport Interchange, A World Class Terminal In Lagos / The Night View Of Terminal 3 Of Oshodi Transport Interchange - Photos / The Oshodi Transport Interchange That Buhari Will Commission In Lagos (Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The World Class Oshodi Transport Interchange (Breathtaking Photos) by gazmann(m): 8:20pm On Aug 13, 2019
muystoy:
Is this not supposed to be a motor park?why dem com build am like airport? check back in two years time, naija and misplaced priority,why build what you cannot maintain

Bus Terminal or Garage look like airport this os yongsan terminal in Seoul

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The World Class Oshodi Transport Interchange (Breathtaking Photos) by bmos(m): 8:59pm On Aug 13, 2019
Toro2015:
Breath taking my as.s.. That is one of the most wasteful investment I have seen in Nigeria.. $70 million for an interchange in the midst of poverty. They should have invested in building good roads, schools and provision of security.

I work at Illupeju industrial estate and I use that route almost everyday except for holidays like this one.. under that bridge/interchange is a big slum.. My phone was almost snatched one morning after I finished a night shift and was going home.. They wasted alot of money in the midst of poverty
The pictures you see here are not even close.. I have never seen a place so dirty like that place..

O man listen to those beautiful testimonies of others about this edifice. Listen for a change na.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The World Class Oshodi Transport Interchange (Breathtaking Photos) by babaowambe: 9:12pm On Aug 13, 2019
OSHODI LAND AIRPORT!!! WOW!

1 Like

Re: The World Class Oshodi Transport Interchange (Breathtaking Photos) by nopsman1: 9:39pm On Aug 13, 2019
I'll come back next year and take another picture.... Then place it side by side and see how the beautiful edifice has CHANGED
Re: The World Class Oshodi Transport Interchange (Breathtaking Photos) by nathpope(m): 10:52pm On Aug 13, 2019
GreyLaw:
Beautiful. Passing through this area at night it's a beautiful sight to behold.

It sure is beautiful...but for your own safety, dont stay long while beholding the BEAUTIFUL edifice...it could turn UGLY..
Re: The World Class Oshodi Transport Interchange (Breathtaking Photos) by Ryan14(m): 11:05pm On Aug 13, 2019
deolivette:
despite committing serious political harakiri and drawing a battle line with party stakeholders, Ambode has laid landmarks and dotted the Lagos landscape with his impressive infrastructures, and I doubt if uncle Sanwo can beat that. Anyways, Lagos is the next big thing in Africa and I hope the trend continues. May God bless Tinubu, Fash and Ambo for giving Lagos class.

I'll gladly support Tinubu for President 2023.

1 Like

Re: The World Class Oshodi Transport Interchange (Breathtaking Photos) by ajl: 11:23pm On Aug 13, 2019
GreyLaw:
Beautiful. Passing through this area at night it's a beautiful sight to behold.

But it looked out of place because the adjoining neighbourhood still look trashy. Lagos state still has a lot to do. Its a good facility but everything should fit in to create a working system.
Re: The World Class Oshodi Transport Interchange (Breathtaking Photos) by ajl: 11:26pm On Aug 13, 2019
bmos:

O man listen to those beautiful testimonies of others about this edifice. Listen for a change na.

The guy is probably right.
Re: The World Class Oshodi Transport Interchange (Breathtaking Photos) by chisani(m): 12:16am On Aug 14, 2019
I heard that it costs $70million and the contract was awarded by ex governor directly to the construction firm without third party nay party chiefs or thieves so he pay the semi ultimate price by not been given second term ticket. However, the project is commendable but not sure of its sustainability.
Re: The World Class Oshodi Transport Interchange (Breathtaking Photos) by cooooooks(m): 12:59am On Aug 14, 2019
The EMPTY world-class Oshodi exchange.

1 Like

Re: The World Class Oshodi Transport Interchange (Breathtaking Photos) by 9jaRealist: 7:22am On Aug 14, 2019
magicfingers009:
What's the usefulness of this project? This is a very honest question. What is the interchange about?

Basically, it....

(1) reorganizes a chaotic “system” of 13 bus parks into 3 terminals, with each serving different purposes (intercity, intracity and BRT); (2) serves the social purpose of re-engineering the place by removing the touts, pickpockets and thieves who populated those bus parks; and (3) serves the economic purposes of bringing in new consumers and businesses into the area (both within the Interchange and nearby).
>

1 Like

Re: The World Class Oshodi Transport Interchange (Breathtaking Photos) by 9jaRealist: 7:28am On Aug 14, 2019
Toro2015:
Breath taking my as.s.. That is one of the most wasteful investment I have seen in Nigeria.. $70 million for an interchange in the midst of poverty. They should have invested in building good roads, schools and provision of security.

I work at Illupeju industrial estate and I use that route almost everyday except for holidays like this one.. under that bridge/interchange is a big slum.. My phone was almost snatched one morning after I finished a night shift and was going home.. They wasted alot of money in the midst of poverty

The pictures you see here are not even close.. I have never seen a place so dirty like that place..
Guestlander:
Thank God your phone was not snatched. Please used the same phone to take the pictures of what you described above for the benefit of other nairalanders, so we may fully understand what you are talking about.

Are you saying you don’t believe his taste-de-money? grin grin grin
>
Re: The World Class Oshodi Transport Interchange (Breathtaking Photos) by 9jaRealist: 7:34am On Aug 14, 2019
kerzhim:
Nice edifice! shocked If not for the fact that we hate to hear good news in this part of the world..... i could remember when this particular market was destroyed.....

My brother, it’s a corrosive POVERTY MENTALITY! embarassed
>
Re: The World Class Oshodi Transport Interchange (Breathtaking Photos) by 9jaRealist: 7:40am On Aug 14, 2019
OBAGADAFFI:
That place is just a bus terminal, there is noting Transport Interchange about it

Just like Ikeja terminal.

It’s an Interchange (a hub)...
You can arrive on an Intercity bus from Aba and transfer to an Intracity bus to Mile 2.

Also, when/if the Red Line light rail service ever becomes operational, there’s an Oshodi stop.
>
Re: The World Class Oshodi Transport Interchange (Breathtaking Photos) by 9jaRealist: 7:46am On Aug 14, 2019
exlinklodge:
Hmmmm

I commend Lagos State for trying to be different from Nigeria as a whole

BUT............

Where is the interchange heading to? Na still potholes and stupid and unconstructed roads. Eg: cele road, coming from airport. All road around this structure is bad and needs to be reconstructed.

Deal with all those roads Lagos State and stop building new areas and dredging water ....

Eko new city
Eko mega city
Banana island

Build the areas that has been there and stop beating about the bush.

Nice pictures though

All PRIVATE capital...
If Lagos doesn’t want them, they can invest same capital in Dubai or London properties.
>
Re: The World Class Oshodi Transport Interchange (Breathtaking Photos) by 9jaRealist: 7:51am On Aug 14, 2019
BigBashiru:

Thanks for being brave enough for speaking the truth! A friend was at the Lagos international airport recently when he overhead a customs official complaining he had too much work and that he shouldn't be brought more travelling passengers to reduce his work load. The workers at the so called oshodi interchange will have the same attitude and slowly but surely everything will eventually disintegrate.

Black Africans and Nigerians are a disgrace to humanity!

Mirror, mirror on the wall... grin
>
Re: The World Class Oshodi Transport Interchange (Breathtaking Photos) by 9jaRealist: 7:53am On Aug 14, 2019
hefelove:
Abeg those new brt bus na true say free WiFi dey there? I have only seen the charging port In the chairs.

Mind you na the new studio for people to dey snap be this
4gunners:
lol. Free WiFi for where? E no dey work ooo.

It will have free Wi-Fi...
The system is however not operational yet.

PS: Btw, those are not BRT buses...
They are just regular buses that will eventually replace Danfo on most major routes.
>
Re: The World Class Oshodi Transport Interchange (Breathtaking Photos) by 4gunners(m): 7:56am On Aug 14, 2019
9jaRealist:

It will have free Wi-Fi... The system is however not operational yet. >
Okay, we are waiting till it get operational.
Re: The World Class Oshodi Transport Interchange (Breathtaking Photos) by 9jaRealist: 8:01am On Aug 14, 2019
anthony86:
I think this is one of the many reasons Ambode was oust by APC mandate group. The project though good on pictures but was one big evidence of Ambode misplaced priorities. Just under the interchange you will marvel at the level of disorder and insecurity situation.

What do you mean by “under the Interchange”?
The Interchange is situated on the street level?! shocked

Meanwhile, if only you knew Oshodi before Fashola began the clean-up. SMH
>
Re: The World Class Oshodi Transport Interchange (Breathtaking Photos) by 9jaRealist: 8:23am On Aug 14, 2019
BabaO2:
Anybody can do this within the city that is already developed, somebody had the foresight of banana island, Ilubirin, opebi link Bridge, ikoyi link Bridge, igboelerin, dualised ipaja ayobo, BRT, Water way transportation etc those are the real developments

Banana Island is a private development, Illubirin remains incomplete, while Opebi Link Bridge was from military usurpers who mostly savaged Lagos, so not quite sure that I fully get the point you are struggling to make about “real development”? Government (and governance) is supposed to be a continuum, so not sure what Ambode was supposed to destroy/abandon the things he met on the ground to display this rather strange concept of “real development”?

Nonetheless, Ambode had the foresight to build the Abule-Egba and Ajah flyover bridges, conceive and commence the Agege Pen Cinema flyover (hopefully Sanwo-Olu has the sense to complete same), the Lagos State Entrepreneurship Trust Fund, a first-class Emergency Response Unit, the Code Lagos project, the Ready-Set-Work program, the Critical Care Unit at LASUTH, Oworonsoki Reclamation Project, the 21 border roads at Alimosho, etc., etc.

‘Real development’ is NOT an event, but a PROCESS.
>

1 Like

Re: The World Class Oshodi Transport Interchange (Breathtaking Photos) by 9jaRealist: 8:27am On Aug 14, 2019
1StopRudeness:
It will be destroyed...I’m not being a pessimist here..but the palms is not a government establishment that doesn’t care about maintenance...Ambode is gone.. the next government won’t put into account the maintenance, isn’t that why our roads,street lights electric power, and schools are this worse..
Private sector has the only working system in this nation with extremely minimal corruption and good customer service...everything the government runs is seen as doing us a favour, like it’s their personal money and they they are just managing us

.the only way this country will thrive is privatization of everything with government acting as supervision and control to protect masses from illegal and over maximization of gain...

This is a PPP project...
Translink, which put up most of the capital, is unlikely to sit by and watch it destroyed.
>
Re: The World Class Oshodi Transport Interchange (Breathtaking Photos) by 9jaRealist: 8:32am On Aug 14, 2019
Amudeneogu:
WHY WASTING PEOPLES HARD EARN MONEY ON A BEAUTIFUL NONSENSE PROJECT? IT IS A BEAUTIFUL STRUCTURE YES, BUT THE LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT SHOULD HAVE CHANNEL THE MONEY IN OTHER MORE IMPORTANT PROJECTS LIKE WARF ROAD AND OTHER IMPORTANT ROADS IN LAGOS.

Wharf Road belongs to the federal government...
Lagos has already rebuilt the FG’s Airport Road and still rebuilding FG’s Badagry Expressway.
>
Re: The World Class Oshodi Transport Interchange (Breathtaking Photos) by 9jaRealist: 8:39am On Aug 14, 2019
4gunners:
You've said it all. Politicians are more concerned about that "gigantic elephants project" instead of many little projects that matters, simply because of the obvious "reasons". Oshodi ought to be improved, better organised before putting up such edifice.

On the other hand, Lagos administrator should think of ways to reduce the number of vehicles on the road. They should improve other methods of transportation. Lagos cannot continued on this trend, or else it will be inhabitable in the next few decades to come.

But Lagos is already build a light rail system, and after years of fighting the federal govt for control of the waterways (in a substantively unitary “federal” System) is dredging and developing several ferry routes.

This project brings under 3 clean and well-organized (and technologically-aided) terminals the chaotic THIRTEEN bus “parks” that used to service commuters in a Oshodi, so it necessarily had to be “gigantic”.

Further, the Intelligent Transport System being developed with these terminals will not only enable commuters to plan their trips (by checking on things like arrival times, delays, traffic updates, etc.), but also provide for cards that will allow seamless transfers between different modes of public transportation (that is, a commuter can transfer from the buses to the ferries or/and eventually to the trains). Eko Oni Baje!
>
Re: The World Class Oshodi Transport Interchange (Breathtaking Photos) by 9jaRealist: 8:49am On Aug 14, 2019
Freedem:
I don't understand, why build a bus station like a train station.
They save money in Europe by building little bus stops that are cheap and clean and then use traffic systems to show waiting times. The actual buses are parked away far from the passengers.
This ensures proper distribution, however this technique used here will just lead to overcrowding.

I think he copied Dubai..

Lagos will still have bus shelters/stops (see the pic below)...
And the new ITS system (see my post immediately above) will aid trip planning (see box at top right).

1 Like

Re: The World Class Oshodi Transport Interchange (Breathtaking Photos) by olumalcolm(m): 9:09am On Aug 14, 2019
Toro2015:

uncle e n pa iro. angry
Re: The World Class Oshodi Transport Interchange (Breathtaking Photos) by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 14, 2019
9jaRealist:

This is a PPP project...
Translink, which put up most of the capital, is unlikely to sit by and watch it destroyed.
>

Amen...
Re: The World Class Oshodi Transport Interchange (Breathtaking Photos) by Omeizadean(m): 9:16am On Aug 14, 2019
EVILFOREST:
Will be POLLUTED and DESTROYED in Months.
Its destruction is sacrosanct, but how fast is what I can't tell....
Reason:
Most BLACKS are synonymous with Pollution and destruction.

Comment like this makes me think most nigerians really love backwardness. They kick against any sort of progress and when they dont see any progress they troll the government of the day. Imagine nonsense forecast like this getting this much like?

Uncle let me draw ur attention to the fact that we havent make mess of similar structures like this one across the federation. All our airports are still highly maintained and operational. Our rail terminals commissioned by this administration are still clean and operational...ur kind in govt will just eat money without any physical development cos u will argue it will rot away eventually.
Re: The World Class Oshodi Transport Interchange (Breathtaking Photos) by 9jaRealist: 9:29am On Aug 14, 2019
Daboomb:
We Blacks, especially Nigerians, are quite funny and perhaps, stupid!

How does one explain building a #5Billion Terminal, in an environment where the ROADS are almost non-existent, the BUSES that will use it are RAMSHACKLES and the people that will use it are poorer than the fabled Church Rat?

This is all about creating white Elephant projects to make room for looting and corruption.
Is this "part of" where the #9Billion EFCC said Ambode stole, (using his Chief of Staff as front), came from?

Me thinks commonsense will dictate that you first Repair the Roads, Provide the Buses and then do a truly world class Bus Station, IN THAT ORDER so that everything can synergise together.

Nigerians, l hail o, the way una dey arrange things with this una criminals in power, l fear una. grin grin grin

#WorldClassKwarruption

First, the buses using these terminals will not be “ramshackle” (see pic below). Rather Lagos has invested in a new fleet of high-capacity environmentally-friendlier (will run on CNG) buses that will ultimately replace the current ramshackle Danfo buses on most city routes (with the present Danfo drivers/conductors being trained/re-trained to operate the new buses under private operating companies), together with 3 maintenance depots at Oshodi, Yaba and Lekki (including the assembly plant at Awoyaya, that will ultimately assemble future batches/orders). Furthermore, the experience of BRT buses is that these new buses are going to be even CHEAPER than Danfo and there’ll be little (if any at all) danger of being “one-chanced”! Don’t know about you but cheaper, more comfortable, air-conditioned and safer buses sounds a good deal!

As for ROADS, must confess my befuddlement as to why you apparently believe that it is mutually-exclusive to simultaneously develop roads and other infrastructure such as this Interchange that will COMPLEMENT such road infrastructure. The same Lagos government has rebuilt/expanded/upgraded the federal govt’s Airport Expressway, is still working on the federal govt’s Badagry Expressway, built/rebuilt/upgraded 184 inner city roads throughout the 57 LCDAs (using mostly local/neighborhood contractors to localize the Naira spent), has built the iconic Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge, expanded the Lekki-Epe Expressway, built bridges/flyovers at Abule-Egba and Ajah (in addition to the ongoing one at Agege Pen Cinema), and has work gangs from the Lagos Public Works Corporation out every so often to maintain/patch up roads. But road maintenance is an ongoing PROCESS and NOT an event (especially in Lagos where the topography is difficult on asphalted roads). If Lagosians are to wait until every road is fixed, Lagos will never get anything else done.
>

1 Like

Re: The World Class Oshodi Transport Interchange (Breathtaking Photos) by Horus(m): 12:42pm On Aug 14, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtXG5zdikXQ

Oshodi New Bus Terminal Boarding

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The World Class Oshodi Transport Interchange (Breathtaking Photos) by luluosas(m): 10:13am On Aug 15, 2019
Awesome
Re: The World Class Oshodi Transport Interchange (Breathtaking Photos) by collinsmcmorgan(m): 10:54pm On Aug 18, 2019
Daboomb:

Haaa! You mean he needs EIGHt years to finish a Bus terminal when some countries build a brdige spanning two kilometers of water, in under two years?
Please, stop making bad excuses for these failed and corrupt politicians otherwise l go vex o.
abeg no vess. Fail government is a fail government, right but at least he tried.
Re: The World Class Oshodi Transport Interchange (Breathtaking Photos) by Horus(m): 3:19pm On Nov 02, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WctJ4oGsnYA

Oshodi: The Biggest Bus Terminal in Lagos Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

30 Northern Youths Hiding Behind Baskets Of Pepper Inside Trailer Caught In Ogun / Fiancé Of Woman Crushed To Death By Tanker In Ajah Speaks For The First Time / Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.