Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,379 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Tanzanian Authorities To Publish Names Of Married Men To Protect Single Women - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Tanzanian Authorities To Publish Names Of Married Men To Protect Single Women (861 Views)

Concern In Gombe Over Scarcity Of Husbands For Single Women / Lady Threatens To Tag Wives Of Married Men Who Flirt With Girls Online / Single Women Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Suitors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tanzanian Authorities To Publish Names Of Married Men To Protect Single Women by darichlife: 7:04pm On Aug 13, 2019
Tanzanian authorities to publish names of married men to protect single women,

Authorities in Tanzania are considering publishing the identities of all married men on a website run by a state agency as part of efforts to curb cheating and protect young women from “unnecessary heartbreaks.”

Dar es Salaam regional commissioner, Paul Makonda, who disclosed this on Monday, August 12, said: “I have received a lot of complaints from young women. Many women from Dar es Salaam region have been deceived many times, and they have had enough.

Authorities in Tanzania are considering publishing the identities of all married men on a website run by a state agency as part of efforts to curb cheating and protect young women from “unnecessary heartbreaks.”

Dar es Salaam regional commissioner, Paul Makonda, who disclosed this on Monday, August 12, said: “I have received a lot of complaints from young women. Many women from Dar es Salaam region have been deceived many times, and they have had enough.

“These cunning men have left many women nursing heartbreaks and emotional bruises. You’ll find a young man successfully wooing a woman, making her leave every other thing that she does, hoping that the man will marry her, not knowing that he is, indeed, conning her.

“If you look at the laws that we have in the country, there is a clause that protects women, who were promised marriages, only to be used and dumped. We want to use that clause to bring sanity in relationships.”

If adopted, all married people would be required to register their marital statuses with the region’s database agency. Any woman who has been promised marriage can then access the database to find out if the man who has made that promise is already married or not.

In that database, all the marriages, including Christian, customary, Muslim, those filed at the registrar of marriages, will be registered, Makonda said.

“We want to reduce the cases of men conning women in the name of love and marriages.

“We are planning to meet the State agency in charge of the citizens’ database. Once that meeting is done, you, who lied to a woman that you will marry her, but ended up using and dumping her, be prepared, we are coming for you.”

This development comes after Tanzanian women were recently pressurized to produce more children when the country’s president, John Magufuli reiterated the need to have a higher birth rate to boost the economy.

Magufuli, who had earlier spoken against contraceptives, believes women should “set ovaries free” and give birth to more children to turn the East African country into a regional powerhouse, a move critics say would rather worsen poverty and inequality.

Tanzania is home to some 55.5 million people, according to the World Bank, an increase from 10 million when it gained independence in 1961. The country also has one of the world’s highest birth rates – around 5 children per woman while figures from the UN Population Fund, UNFPA, indicate that the population is growing by about 2.7 percent a year.

Most young people do not have jobs while most public schools and hospitals are overcrowded.

Most women in Tanzania use contraceptives to curb the high rates of births, but Magufuli is against that, saying that the country needs more people to build the economy.

This is the same president who upheld a controversial 2002 law in 2017 that bans pregnant schoolgirls from returning to school after giving birth. He also supported the order to arrest all pregnant schoolgirls to serve as a deterrent.

In January 2018, the authorities arrested five pregnant schoolgirls and their parents. They explained that the arrest was to ensure that they testified against those responsible.

The other reason behind their arrest was to end the growing teenage pregnancies in the country, prevent other girls from engaging in sexual activities and get the girls to testify against the culprits who are on the run, district official Mohammed Azizi told local media.

The country continues to deny its citizens human rights as the media, opposition parties and musicians have all been victims of the regime which has formulated laws that stifle dissent and violate freedom of expression.

Unfortunately, women are the most affected in Tanzania as the men propose the laws and they only have to obey.

This June, women became the target of certain unpopular decisions by the Magufuli administration after announcing moves to impose a tax on wigs and hair extensions.

Finance Minister Philip Mpango, in his budget speech in parliament, announced a 25 per cent tax on imported wigs and hair extensions and a 10% tax on those made locally. He said that these were part of measures aimed at increasing government revenue.

Those in support of the levy said it will make women keep their natural hair, but critics, largely women, felt the decision is mainly to hurt them.

“People love artificial hair. Why of all the things that could be taxed did they opt for wigs?” a popular Tanzanian importer of wigs, Annasatasia Sigera asked while speaking with the BBC.

For others, the measure could ruin relationships, as most men in Tanzania are used to seeing their wives with wigs and extensions, a trend that many young women have embraced.

Tanzanian women were also up in arms against the government’s decision to scrap the exemption on value-added tax placed on sanitary towels. Finance Minister Mpango explained that since that exemption was introduced, consumers had not benefited as businesses refused to reduce their prices, but women described the measure as unfair.

Re: Tanzanian Authorities To Publish Names Of Married Men To Protect Single Women by Facidio: 7:07pm On Aug 13, 2019
OK....
Re: Tanzanian Authorities To Publish Names Of Married Men To Protect Single Women by Davash222(m): 7:15pm On Aug 13, 2019
Nawao... nothing Osas no go see for shekpe joint.
Re: Tanzanian Authorities To Publish Names Of Married Men To Protect Single Women by joseo: 7:31pm On Aug 13, 2019
And what make you think some of this ladies don't prefer married men to single guys?
Re: Tanzanian Authorities To Publish Names Of Married Men To Protect Single Women by hahn(m): 7:43pm On Aug 13, 2019
joseo:
And what make you think some of this ladies don't prefer married men to single guys?

I dey tell you. Basically they just created a shopping list for single ladies looking for guys who they perceive will be financially capable to take care of them.

And the men won't have to bother anymore. Men will be like "yes, my name is on the list. I am only here to fvck you"

Re: Tanzanian Authorities To Publish Names Of Married Men To Protect Single Women by darichlife: 8:13pm On Aug 13, 2019
hahn:

I dey tell you. Basically they just created a shopping list for single ladies looking for guys who they perceive will be financially capable to take care of them.

And the men won't have to bother anymore. Men will be like "yes, my name is on the list. I am only here to fvck you"

grin grin grin

Guy which kind bluntness be this na
Re: Tanzanian Authorities To Publish Names Of Married Men To Protect Single Women by hahn(m): 8:16pm On Aug 13, 2019
darichlife:

grin grin grin

Guy which kind bluntness be this na

Re: Tanzanian Authorities To Publish Names Of Married Men To Protect Single Women by spiceadole: 8:18pm On Aug 13, 2019
hahn:

Better ..so that those who want married men strictly for money and sex can get them.
And not married men deceiving ladies looking for serious relationships
Re: Tanzanian Authorities To Publish Names Of Married Men To Protect Single Women by Heroclitus(m): 8:35pm On Aug 13, 2019
Those married men can't be so daft that they will tell those single ladies their real/full name after knowing about this na

Don't think this system can be very effective

1 Like

Re: Tanzanian Authorities To Publish Names Of Married Men To Protect Single Women by uboma(m): 8:53pm On Aug 13, 2019
Lol.
Re: Tanzanian Authorities To Publish Names Of Married Men To Protect Single Women by hahn(m): 6:46am On Aug 14, 2019
spiceadole:

Better ..so that those who want married men strictly for money and sex can get them.
And not married men deceiving ladies looking for serious relationships

But unfortunately it doesn't help protect married women from single ladies who are looking for ready made men who they can snatch so he has to abandon his family duties just to take care of her and her family
Re: Tanzanian Authorities To Publish Names Of Married Men To Protect Single Women by lincsnuel: 9:08am On Aug 14, 2019
Very nice move. I also urge the government to complete this by adding the contact details of the married men and also their net worth!

God it would look like a federal government regulated married men hook up site for broke single ladies and for married women whose husbands can't satisfy in bed! cheesy
Re: Tanzanian Authorities To Publish Names Of Married Men To Protect Single Women by konkonbilo(m): 9:14am On Aug 14, 2019
You need a wedding photography discount, check my signature
Re: Tanzanian Authorities To Publish Names Of Married Men To Protect Single Women by Bode91: 10:19am On Aug 14, 2019
Good one
Re: Tanzanian Authorities To Publish Names Of Married Men To Protect Single Women by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 14, 2019
hahn:

cheesy LOL.
Re: Tanzanian Authorities To Publish Names Of Married Men To Protect Single Women by Kendumazy(m): 11:08am On Aug 14, 2019
Lol
Re: Tanzanian Authorities To Publish Names Of Married Men To Protect Single Women by Funmmyastic: 11:38am On Aug 14, 2019
hahn:

Lol
Re: Tanzanian Authorities To Publish Names Of Married Men To Protect Single Women by Funmmyastic: 11:39am On Aug 14, 2019
This should be done in Nigeria as well.
Re: Tanzanian Authorities To Publish Names Of Married Men To Protect Single Women by darichlife: 7:49pm On Aug 26, 2019
Funmmyastic:
This should be done in Nigeria as well.
The website will crash due to the traffic of young and gold digging women lurking day and night grin grin grin
Re: Tanzanian Authorities To Publish Names Of Married Men To Protect Single Women by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 26, 2019
darichlife:

The website will crash due to the traffic of young and gold digging women lurking day and night grin grin grin
lol u shall make heaven bro

(1) (Reply)

Who Know About (body Treat Cream )� / What Sleeping With 100+ Men Taught Me About Self-love / !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.