Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,463 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

AMOS ADAMU Suspended Albeit Provisionally - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AMOS ADAMU Suspended Albeit Provisionally (3862 Views)

EFCC Arrests Amos Adamu / Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined / Nigeria's Amos Adamu Offer To Sell Fifa Hosting Rights For £500,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AMOS ADAMU Suspended Albeit Provisionally by sevo(m): 7:03pm On Oct 21, 2010
thief thief thief thief thief thief thief thief thief, I can go all day, thief thief thief thief theif thief thief thief thief (stops to take a break), thief thief thief thief thief thief thief thief thief (kai, my eyes don dey turn me, but must continue) thief thief thief thief thief thief thief thief thief
Re: AMOS ADAMU Suspended Albeit Provisionally by MAYOWAAK: 7:19pm On Oct 21, 2010
If FIFA really knows that the guy´s real name is not Amos Adamu, they will do more that just suspend him. The will actually charge him to court for impersonation. If he is able to work with a fake name, asking for bribe is just a child"s play.
Re: AMOS ADAMU Suspended Albeit Provisionally by Magicwand: 7:28pm On Oct 21, 2010
Yeah right! he wants to build pitches thoses pitches would have been inside his bedroom. With all our bad image who even thought of putting a Nigerian in that kind of position of trust? I am a medical pratitioner in Texas and i always get amused by the reaction of my patients when Nigeria is mentioned. Country of thieves and dishonest people, a lopsided economy where 85% live below the poverty line and 5% are microwaved billionaires!
Re: AMOS ADAMU Suspended Albeit Provisionally by MAYOWAAK: 7:42pm On Oct 21, 2010
[b]Adamu claims innocence in bribery allegations[/

Amos Adamu, the Nigerian official provisionally suspended by FIFA over bribery allegations, has denied any wrongdoing.

Adamu and Tahiti's Reynald Temarii, two members of FIFA's 24-man executive committee who will decide which nations host the 2018 and 2022 World Cups, were suspended by the governing body after being the subjects of an undercover investigation by the Sunday Times, who allege the pair asked for cash in return for their votes.

In a statement, Adamu said: "Allegations were made against me by a British newspaper on October 17 which prompted a FIFA ethics committee meeting on Wednesday which concluded I should be provisionally suspended from my FIFA duties.
"Whilst I wholly refute all allegations made, I fully support the inquiry since it is important that these claims are thoroughly investigated.

"Only by doing this will FIFA - and the wider football community - be able to trust that its appointed representatives are beyond reproach.''

FIFA's investigations could delay the announcement of the winning bid of the 2018 World Cup, which is currently scheduled for December 2.

To say that this man is shameless is an understatement.He still has the guts to talk.
Re: AMOS ADAMU Suspended Albeit Provisionally by safariman(m): 7:52pm On Oct 21, 2010
And come to think of it, I think this guy was bestowed one of those recognitions, Order of the Niger, NCON
Re: AMOS ADAMU Suspended Albeit Provisionally by Sagamite(m): 8:39pm On Oct 21, 2010
safariman:

And come to think of it, I think this guy was bestowed one of those recognitions, Order of the Niger, NCON

Is it not mostly crmininals it is given to in Nigeria?

Worthless, useless recognitions in my opinion.
Re: AMOS ADAMU Suspended Albeit Provisionally by amigoes(m): 8:48pm On Oct 21, 2010
MAYOWAAK:

If FIFA really knows that the guy´s real name is not Amos Adamu, they will do more that just suspend him. The will actually charge him to court for impersonation. If he is able to work with a fake name, asking for bribe is just a child"s play.

u don hear , say ADAMU na AREMU grin grin grin
Re: AMOS ADAMU Suspended Albeit Provisionally by apoti(m): 9:09pm On Oct 21, 2010
I don tire for this country sef,

Election rigging, Bomb blast, Super Eagles (soaring south), Athlethe on drugs, NFF crisis, Corruption both within and outside

Is this what Akunyili's rebranding is all about?
Re: AMOS ADAMU Suspended Albeit Provisionally by rasputinn(m): 8:48am On Oct 22, 2010
Sagamite:

Okocha and Ikpeba be mumus.

If na me the goat insult like that, I for dey all media they drag and kick im reputation by giving interviews calling him crook, thief, animal, evil et al now and dare him to come and compare himself to me.

I would even get camera men and rented crowd to follow me to airport to insult him when he decides to land in Naija make e dey for NTA news.

That will be an overkill dont you think?
Re: AMOS ADAMU Suspended Albeit Provisionally by sunzie(m): 9:19am On Oct 22, 2010
Always shame! shame!! and shame!!! on Nigeria.I am still expecting to hear from Mr. President on this issue.
Re: AMOS ADAMU Suspended Albeit Provisionally by Sagamite(m): 10:49am On Oct 22, 2010
rasputinn:

That will be an overkill dont you think?

Why would you think it is an overkill? He does not deserve it?
Re: AMOS ADAMU Suspended Albeit Provisionally by vanlion(f): 11:01am On Oct 22, 2010
Am a first time poster.
Re: AMOS ADAMU Suspended Albeit Provisionally by Raiser: 11:51am On Oct 22, 2010
Well its unfortunate that this whole saga may affect not only Amos Adamu but Nigeria's image in both the eyes of FIFA and the footballing world in general. This should also tell FIFA that when we in Nigeria suspends or dissolve the board of football association they should liaise with the government to get the details before taking any action. More so the government solely pays the piper.
Re: AMOS ADAMU Suspended Albeit Provisionally by Mobinga: 12:08pm On Oct 22, 2010
What's his real name?
Re: AMOS ADAMU Suspended Albeit Provisionally by Sagamite(m): 12:18pm On Oct 22, 2010
Raiser:

Well its unfortunate that this whole saga may affect not only Amos Adamu but Nigeria's image in both the eyes of FIFA and the footballing world in general. This should also tell FIFA that when we in Nigeria suspends or dissolve the board of football association they should liaise with the government to get the details before taking any action. More so the government solely pays the piper.

I am really getting tired of Nigeria's mourning about NFF and FIFA stopping interference.

NFF can not survive without Government money and EVEN Government stadia. If our government had any brains in their heads, if they do not like any NFF elections and shenanigans, then stop providing funds to NFF or allowing them to use the national stadia until they operate in a way you want them to operate. They will do the impeaching themselves. If they do not impeach, they face lynching from the public for letting football fail when the team starts losing.

That is not interference and FIFA can not ban on that. FIFA cannot dictate to a government to support football. Especially when FIFA is telling the same government not to have a say in the FA even when it is immensely corrupt.

It's not ffing rocket science. Lets have a government with fffing brains.
Re: AMOS ADAMU Suspended Albeit Provisionally by Ikeobinna(m): 5:52pm On Oct 22, 2010
When his children watch him on tv, what impression is he giving them. I feel for them. He should just go somewhere and never come out in public again. cry
Re: AMOS ADAMU Suspended Albeit Provisionally by JimmyBoy1: 7:09pm On Oct 22, 2010
sevo:

thief thief thief thief thief thief thief thief thief, I can go all day, thief thief thief thief theif thief thief thief thief (stops to take a break), thief thief thief thief thief thief thief thief thief (kai, my eyes don dey turn me, but must continue) thief thief thief thief thief thief thief thief thief

grin grin grin grin bros u dey kolo sha, but your post was a good stress reliever, I was able to visualize you shouting to the roof top.

Enjoy your weekend bro.
Re: AMOS ADAMU Suspended Albeit Provisionally by Mobinga: 7:18pm On Oct 22, 2010
Jimmy Boy:

grin grin grin grin bros u dey kolo sha, but your post was a good stress reliever, I was able to visualize you shouting to the roof top.

Enjoy your weekend bro.
grin grin grin
Re: AMOS ADAMU Suspended Albeit Provisionally by Sagamite(m): 7:32pm On Oct 22, 2010
Ikeobinna:

When his children watch him on tv, what impression is he giving them. I feel for them. He should just go somewhere and never come out in public again. cry

Exactly what I think sometimes as well.

Pathetic gorillas like Adamumu have no shame.
Re: AMOS ADAMU Suspended Albeit Provisionally by MAYOWAAK: 8:03pm On Oct 22, 2010
Mobinga:

What's his real name?

Information from the grapevine has it that his real name is BABATUNDE AREMU AMOS ADAMS from Ogbomosho in Oyo State
Re: AMOS ADAMU Suspended Albeit Provisionally by member67023: 11:00am On Oct 23, 2010
MAYOWAAK:

Information from the grapevine has it that his real name is BABATUNDE AREMU AMOS ADAMS from Ogbomosho in Oyo State
You mean FIFA does not know his real name?
He suggested 2 instalments on the deal, half before and half after the voting.
The guy na professional ole. He is so good at taking bribe and kickbacks.
Re: AMOS ADAMU Suspended Albeit Provisionally by lollidam91(m): 6:11pm On Oct 23, 2010
this dude really add to 9jarian international identity
Re: AMOS ADAMU Suspended Albeit Provisionally by ibto75(m): 2:14pm On Oct 25, 2010
It is quite unfortunate that Adamus actions is further damaging our already damage image.
But before we all condemn this guy i wish to ask how many of us are free from corruption. we are quick at pointing accusing finger at public figure corrupt act while we the led are as corrupt as the leaders.
Let us all forsake our wicked way lest we are consumed in the last day.
Re: AMOS ADAMU Suspended Albeit Provisionally by manmustwac(m): 4:07pm On Oct 25, 2010
The Sunday Times should use the same technique to expose all our corrupt politians.
Re: AMOS ADAMU Suspended Albeit Provisionally by ellyspeed: 5:05pm On Oct 26, 2010
Consider yourself lucky to be reading this information at this time of the year. Many have searched for a down-to-earth mentor like me who is ready and willing to reveal secrets to financial independence without charging money. If you doubt me, read my weekly column in Tribune every Saturday.
click on the website below

http://www.workit.ewebsite.com/

(1) (2) (Reply)

BBC Disrespects Nigeria And Blessing Okagbare At Commonwealth Game / Congrats To Everyone Who Played Our Free Daily Odds Yesterday / Designer Casket Honoring Kobe Bryant Is ‘nothing People Have Ever Seen’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.