Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,744 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Stop Asking People 'How Was Your Night', It Is Wrong English - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Stop Asking People 'How Was Your Night', It Is Wrong English (89631 Views)

Stop Saying “how Was Your Night”, Here’s What To Say Instead / Best Answer For How Was Your Night! / 12 Wrong English Sentences And Phrases You Have Been Making In Ignorance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Re: Stop Asking People 'How Was Your Night', It Is Wrong English by Chukazu: 10:10am On Aug 22, 2019
1Sharon:

Ofcourse you can have Nigerian English but when conversing with a brit you need to use different words and phrases. The English are the custodians of the language

You and most of the ppl here have missed the point.

No ma,
The Americans use " American English" regardless of who they are conversing with including the Brits , they don't try to appease the English man context of it... that is the point you are missing as well
Re: Stop Asking People 'How Was Your Night', It Is Wrong English by cooluzi: 1:51am On Aug 23, 2019
EniHolar:
OP, How was your night?
hi
Re: Stop Asking People 'How Was Your Night', It Is Wrong English by Janeakpan: 2:02pm On Aug 23, 2019
calabaman:
@ OP:

I agree with you on this as I have had an even worse response from a foreigner when I asked him this same question...."how was your night"
please share your story with us

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

As Undergraduate Student, Your Phone Gallery Is Filled With Something Like This / Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University / JAMB releases Mmesoma Ejikeme original result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.