Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help (52279 Views)

Don’t Kill Your Husband. This Is How To Deal With Him If He Is Cheating On You / My Husband Is Cheating On Me With Our Neighbor! Hurting Real Bad / My Husband Is Very Jealous Because I’m Beautiful – 16-year-old Housewife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by OmniSparrow: 5:12am On Aug 16, 2019
zeb04:
You are still 26, in the prime of your life. Wait until you are 40 with 3 more mouths to feed.

One day you wake up and realize you have given the best years of your life to an arrogant,unrepentant cheat.

You better leave. You are not even dead yet and someone else is already by the door.

But you can stay, have low self esteem and kill yourself with hypertension. Your reward is in heaven.
This write up should be in bold. Men please do better. If you have such thoughts on marriage, kindly let your partner know before marriage. Not after entering you start doing all this. 2 years with another woman. If the tables were turned, the entire village would have heard but he's convincing her to keep this to herself while dying in silence.
Madam Op, 26 years and you want to start this? Bring it out to the light.
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by uuzba(m): 5:12am On Aug 16, 2019
bitingcool:

What a great advise... Spent blaming than looking for a solution. I pity those that work under you. Na die they dey
Sorry about that
Marriage is meant for open heart .
You totally open your heart to someone else.
You have to do it. Both of you. All your weakness.

The husband has a very dirty agenda and is justifying himself. OP must open up totally. Stops keeping secrets in your innermost heart

Marriage issue is meant for you both. The seriousness of your issue concern you both. NOT general public (we online).
None of us online, here, are marriage counselor. Even if we are, you cannot know. You can't just be reading comments and select the comment your like. Maybe the comment you hate most is the actual solution to your problem.
If you want to be solving serious marriage issue by reading comments on this website, you will hear all kinds of nonsense comments . How do you select the correct one? Selecting only what makes sense to you?
Your poor judgement already led you to this problem. How can you rely of same poor judgement to lead you out of it?
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by femi4: 5:16am On Aug 16, 2019
Oma307:

I can't remember quoting you before you insult people online. for your information I just air my opinion based on the op saying.
shalom
What you do expect from common Omo Alata. She insults people both online and offline. She was brought up in "Alatas" way
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by Roma4shot: 5:17am On Aug 16, 2019
Madam, your stories is not different from the usual crisis a thousand an one marriage face but mind you is your own side of the stories so I will never take it to heart.
Main while I will advice you to leave your husband out of it n check your self properly, from experience is posible that they may be things that has changed in you that's making the marriage tiring to your husband.
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by bigcil2(m): 5:18am On Aug 16, 2019
miss00000:
We met in school during my pre-degree and dated for 7 years before he proposed to me. Before the proposal, both our parents had been pestering us to get married and start having children.

We started trying 6months prior, and 6 months after proposing I got pregnant. Few months later we did our introduction and got married (registry) march this year.

About two years ago, he met a lady where he was supplying his goods. According to him, the lady has been doing everything in her power to push his business. Every time I suspect there was more to their friendship, he always assured me there was nothing, that she's just a friend. sometimes he would even travel with her to Abuja to sell his goods which I had to allow since it was helping his business.

8 months into my pregnancy I noticed a drastic change like coming home very late, he hardly eats at home, he barely talks to memos he's always on his phone. I knew something was wrong and every time I talk to him, he always assured me that everything was fine.

After the delivery and naming of my baby I expected things to go back to the way it was, but it became worse. he changes his phone password almost everyday and still hides his phones from me.

One day I cried and begged him to tell me what was going on, after hours of begging, the first question he asked me was "where was it written in the bible that marriage has to be between one man and one woman and not with different women", "why can't a man marry two or more wives if he has the resources to take care of them equally"(the lady is a muslim btw).

He confessed that he has been dating this lady for over two years and has no plan of leaving her, and theres a possibility he's going to marry her. I'm just 26yo with a one month old baby, I didn't sign up for this.

While growing up, my mum has always warned us against polygamy. although he's promised to be there for me and still wants our marriage to continue, but the thought of my husband being with someone else is killing me. I've tried to reason with him several times but I end up hurting even more. I've been praying but still no change. He's been trying to compensate with gifts and money but thats not what I want. he doesn't want me to tell anyone and I feel reporting him to his family will even worsen the case. We've always settled our issues ourselves without involving anyone. I've tried everything I can just to take my mind off it. I need someone to talk to, prolly a friend or a counsellor. I've been crying for days now, I've not been eating well and I have to breastfeed my child. I never knew my life would be this complicated. I don't know why he got married to me if he already had this in mind. I hate my life right now.

Well if you guys actually did court wedding he can’t legally marry another wife else he’ll be open for prosecution and some serious jail time.
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by XhosaNostra(f): 5:19am On Aug 16, 2019
You don't have to stay in a marriage where you're not happy. 26 is way too young to be putting your own happiness on the back burner for someone else. Start planning an exit strategy because if you think things are bad now, imagine how they're going to get once this other woman becomes a permanent fixture in your lives. You're right, you didn't sign up for this shìt show, thus you don't have to partake in it. Fùck him!

Do you still love him after this revelation?
This would have killed feelings on the spot for me. I hate two-timing men with passion.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by TB9ja: 5:24am On Aug 16, 2019
So many wrong advice here. Most of the people telling the OP to leave, will never leave if they were in her shoes grin
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by Profcamsey(m): 5:26am On Aug 16, 2019
You have been with an unfortunate all this while but you didn't know. Whether you remain in that marriage or not, he'll keep disrespecting you. This is why women should be financially independent. He knows you can't stand without you and he's using that to maltreat you. Please leave this man. Mrs status is not the key to wealth or long life. Don't a woman kill you because they want your husband, African people are fetish. Take your son and leave Asap. Learn a skill or get a job. Grow yourself and see him regret losing a great woman.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by Honeysweetest(f): 5:27am On Aug 16, 2019
u see this country eeh, the next story is about a man whose wife is exchanging nudes with guys,cheating,saw the advice given to him,dump, and find another,y still wasting time, but now the table is turned,is a man cheating and u all are saying,stay for the sake of ur kids,men cheat,I have to bear it,try and find happiness in that home. tufiakwa,this is the highest form of sentiment that exist in the country,women can bear abi,but men won't. madam dump him, he has broken the vow. find ur happiness,but outside his home.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by Nobody: 5:36am On Aug 16, 2019
zeb04:
You are still 26, in the prime of your life. Wait until you are 40 with 3 more mouths to feed.

One day you wake up and realize you have given the best years of your life to an arrogant,unrepentant cheat.

You better leave. You are not even dead yet and someone else is already by the door.

But you can stay, have low self esteem and kill yourself with hypertension. Your reward is in heaven.

Seconded. Let her leave
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by semyman: 5:37am On Aug 16, 2019
Christians are selfish and gullible at the same time
Why will you slowpokes always have this type of mentality, that a man can only marry one wife?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by Nobody: 5:42am On Aug 16, 2019
SirVintageCock:
Op, go through this thread and solve your issues with advises from there. https://www.nairaland.com/5359392/wife-cheat-need-advice. Advises emanating from here will be reeking of double standard.
Remember to do what you have to do for the sake of your sanity in life and above all, flee from a cheat or you will die prematurely.
lol its shocking sha, the disparity between comments on two consecutive threads shocked shocked
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by Nobody: 5:42am On Aug 16, 2019
bekpo:
Since ur marriage was registry, u r d wife no other. He can't marry a second wife d law doesn't allow for that. Just make sure d marriage certificate is safe with u. If he tries or attempt to go for a second wife, first get ur family to b informed. If he doesn't rescind d decision, get a lawyer to write him and remind him of d implications of running fail of d marriage Act. He should let him know that bigamy is a serious criminal offence that will land him in prison and tarnish his future.

Sharp!
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by Oritsewhandey(m): 5:45am On Aug 16, 2019
miss00000:
We met in school during my pre-degree and dated for 7 years before he proposed to me. Before the proposal, both our parents had been pestering us to get married and start having children.

We started trying 6months prior, and 6 months after proposing I got pregnant. Few months later we did our introduction and got married (registry) march this year.

About two years ago, he met a lady where he was supplying his goods. According to him, the lady has been doing everything in her power to push his business. Every time I suspect there was more to their friendship, he always assured me there was nothing, that she's just a friend. sometimes he would even travel with her to Abuja to sell his goods which I had to allow since it was helping his business.

8 months into my pregnancy I noticed a drastic change like coming home very late, he hardly eats at home, he barely talks to memos he's always on his phone. I knew something was wrong and every time I talk to him, he always assured me that everything was fine.

After the delivery and naming of my baby I expected things to go back to the way it was, but it became worse. he changes his phone password almost everyday and still hides his phones from me.

One day I cried and begged him to tell me what was going on, after hours of begging, the first question he asked me was "where was it written in the bible that marriage has to be between one man and one woman and not with different women", "why can't a man marry two or more wives if he has the resources to take care of them equally"(the lady is a muslim btw).

He confessed that he has been dating this lady for over two years and has no plan of leaving her, and theres a possibility he's going to marry her. I'm just 26yo with a one month old baby, I didn't sign up for this.

While growing up, my mum has always warned us against polygamy. although he's promised to be there for me and still wants our marriage to continue, but the thought of my husband being with someone else is killing me. I've tried to reason with him several times but I end up hurting even more. I've been praying but still no change. He's been trying to compensate with gifts and money but thats not what I want. he doesn't want me to tell anyone and I feel reporting him to his family will even worsen the case. We've always settled our issues ourselves without involving anyone. I've tried everything I can just to take my mind off it. I need someone to talk to, prolly a friend or a counsellor. I've been crying for days now, I've not been eating well and I have to breastfeed my child. I never knew my life would be this complicated. I don't know why he got married to me if he already had this in mind. I hate my life right now.
Listen up, my friend!
Do you love your life? Your child's tomorrow??
Your story lines resembled ALMOST MY MUM's marital episodes.

Try on below:
1. Collect whatever monies he gives you.
2. Family establish a sustainable business, as QUICK
as possible.
3. Take that business as your 2nd husband.
4. Try build a mini 2 or 3 bedroom for YOURSELF.
5. NO WOMAN FIGHTS A MAN & WIN!!!
6. Moment your husband goes with other woman,
move to your QUICKLY BUILT flat.
7. Never worry. Being Grass Widow is just temporary.
8. Your child still BEARS his/father's name.
9. Change all your online IDENTITIES. To forestall
spiritual attacks from the 3rd party.
DON'T REFUSE ANY MONIES HE GIVES YOU AT THESE EXTRA TIME. YOU WILL NEED THEM BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE.
Don't fight his attempt to marry outside. YOU CAN NEVER WIN OVER SUCH. Think business. Think fast.
Build your business. Build your mini flat. Move on.
We went through same thing. Except by God, if you don't listen, the collateral damages MAY RUIN YOUR LIFE & CHILD's too ( God forbid that)

I am an Architect today by God's grace & MY MUM's life-threatening agony to sail us through.

Wake up & stop whining. WHEN LIFE THROWS YOU A SOUR LEMON, MAKE A LEMONADE FROM IT.

God be with you, my sister.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by Oritsewhandey(m): 5:49am On Aug 16, 2019
Try these, below:

2. Family establish a sustainable business, as QUICK
as possible.
DON'T REFUSE ANY MONIES HE GIVES YOU AT THESE EXTRA TIME. YOU WILL NEED THEM BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE.
Don't fight his attempt to marry outside. YOU CAN NEVER WIN OVER SUCH. Think business. Think fast.
We went through same thing. Except by God, if you don't listen, the collateral damages MAY RUIN YOUR LIFE & CHILD's too ( God forbid that)

I am an Architect today by God's grace & MY MUM's life-threatening agony to sail us through.

Wake up & stop whining. WHEN LIFE THROWS YOU A SOUR LEMON, MAKE A LEMONADE FROM IT.

Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by Oritsewhandey(m): 5:50am On Aug 16, 2019
Try these, below:

2. YOU MUST establish a sustainable business, as
QUICK as possible.

Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by MarianaTrench: 5:51am On Aug 16, 2019
miss00000:

So long as your husband handles his responsibilities as a husband and a father it's not your business what he does outside!
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by MarianaTrench: 5:54am On Aug 16, 2019
bigcil2:

Well if you guys actually did court wedding he can’t legally marry another wife else he’ll be open for prosecution and some serious jail time.

Legal prosecution here in Nigeria?
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by TSRC: 5:55am On Aug 16, 2019
If you were my sister, I would advise you to leave that house immediately and divorce him very quickly.

Turned a 26 year old to a first wife.
What nonsense angry
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by somez(m): 5:58am On Aug 16, 2019
OP. Kindly follow this advice

Cased closed
akinade28:
Life is full of ups and downs
Please get yourself together for the sake of your baby and your family. Because if you fall sick or die, he will still go about sleeping around, making your child motherless and throwing your parents and loved ones into mourning. Don't let your parents investment into your life come to a waste because of a man.
You can force a guy to be loyal or faithful to you, you can only try your best to be a good wife.
Please leave the marriage, if you can no longer endure it or it is affecting you psychologically.
Your child deserve the best of you.
Don't stay alone, you will just get depressed. Surround yourself with people you can trust and can make you laugh
Please focus on your goals and how to make your life and that of child better
I know it's not going to be easy, but I pray God strengthens you, and you will look back and smile at the end
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by TGM2015: 6:02am On Aug 16, 2019
miss00000:

Allow him and support him at least for now. Your husband seems to be responsible, he feels obliged to marry the lady in maybe because of the favour she has done for him and some past history the lady has disclosed to him. There is no genuine love on the part of your husband. Let me tell, there is no reason to leave a marriage that is not violent and no emotional blackmail.

The only solution here is if the lady decides not to marry him. Marriage was done because you become pregnant, there is high possibility that he has chosen the lady over you long before the marriage. The same reason he went ahead to marry you is the same reason he feels he MUST marry the lady.

The only solution is to come in terms with the reality or fight the battle spiritual by praying for God to take control of the Lady's heart and mind to lost interest in marrying your husband and declared same to him. Remember, happiness and joy are free, you need them to enjoy your life. Seriously, polygamous marriage is not bad in itself but it depends on all parties involved to be understanding and the husband to be fair to all.

I believe you husband can be fair enough to both of you and God has a way to compensate wives that their husband is not fair to them. For example, Jacob's wives, God closed Rachael's (I think I am right with the name) womb to forced Jacob to love Leah. The lineage of Judah, David, Jesus came from Leah also.

Broken homes have never helped the society, except for violence, abuse and emotional blackmail, in extreme, being separated is better than divorced.
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by XhosaNostra(f): 6:05am On Aug 16, 2019
TGM2015:

Allow him and support him at least for now. Your husband seems to be responsible, he feels obliged to marry the lady in maybe because of the favour she has done for him and some past history the lady has disclosed to him. There is no genuine love on the part of your husband. Let me tell, there is no reason to leave a marriage that is not violent and no emotional blackmail.

The only solution here is if the lady decides not to marry him. Marriage was done because you become pregnant, there is high possibility that he has chosen the lady over you long before the marriage. The same reason he went ahead to marry you is the same reason he feels he MUST marry the lady.

The only solution is to come in terms with the reality or fight the battle spiritual by praying for God to take control of the Lady's heart and mind to lost interest in marrying your husband and declared same to him. Remember, happiness and joy are free, you need them to enjoy your life. Seriously, polygamous marriage is not bad in itself but it depends on all parties involved to be understanding and the husband to be fair to all.

I believe you husband can be fair enough to both of you and God has a way to compensate wives that their husband is not fair to them. For example, Jacob's wives, God closed Rachael's (I think I am right with the name) womb to forced Jacob to love Leah. The lineage of Judah, David, Jesus came from Leah also.

Broken homes have never helped the society, except for violence, abuse and emotional blackmail, in extreme, being separated is better than divorced.

What a load of tosh!

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by gbagyiza: 6:09am On Aug 16, 2019
lilmax:
go to your parents with your baby and stay with them

This is d perfect advice. Go n stay with your parents, he will come to his senses n look for a way to settle this.
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by oxiide22(m): 6:10am On Aug 16, 2019
DATMAT:
send his number to me I will counsel him... though this might sound funny...

grin
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by majamajic(m): 6:16am On Aug 16, 2019
bmos:

You started your marriage on a wrong footing. You started firing each other just after proposal. Is that God ordained stsps to marriage?

am not the Op pls or are drunk ?
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by jossytech(m): 6:18am On Aug 16, 2019
Sorry for the way he behaves and it saddened my heart for this, but i wont suggest what all are saying to leave, report him to your parent and his with the solution, tell em you want them to talk to him, claim your love and loyalty to him and that you want him to take care of his son or daughter, u dont wanna raise a child without a father, dont try to be a living widow, be a real wife, provides and do ur responsibility, when he comes take ur child to him to greet, you can turn him back to you, he will see difference, who knows maybe hes under charm with d woman, dis one of the reason i hate any biz dealing with single or married woman, i just hate it before you see, they will want you by force

Dont forget
Romans 12:12 [/b] Let your hope keep you joyful, be patient in your troubles, and pray at all times. [b]
and
2 Corinthians 1:3-4:[/b] Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God[b][/b]

And lastly
Romans 10:11: [/b]For the scripture says: [b]“No one who rests his faith on him will be disappointed, disgraced or shame"[b][/b]

As you rest your case into the hand of God and do ur best to have peace and hold your house, you will not be disappointed
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by Ibkay32(m): 6:18am On Aug 16, 2019
Gwwwrd!!!
which kind of advice are you giving this woman? you people that said she shud leave her marriage, you think is easy like that? marriage that never last for a year..

madam the only advice I can give is that ur man need prayer intervention, that's not ordinary eyes..your man don eat èfó, firstly discuss it with ur parent to hear what they will say..
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by Nobody: 6:22am On Aug 16, 2019
Topshow4real:

I don't think it would be easy for her to find another husband as a single mom,

While I’m not an advocate of divorce, what the world has become now has made sanity, happiness and good health far more important than the conventional need to remain in an disrespectful marriage hoping a man will change.

moreover we dont have the same strength and zeal with respect to using the same coping mechanism for challenges. U can tell a person to remain in a marriage, being a strong personality she will cope and weather all the challenges, another woman will stay nd in three years what will be left of her will shock you.
Love sometimes is what makes it difficult to continue with such a relationship... as much as love makes it easy for u to forgive, love also make the pain hurt to the marrow and difficult for some women to adjust with their man entering another woman....for some women this issue is no big deal, so far the man is not gonna being the woman home and money keeps flowing they are good to go... but for some the betrayal is like a thousand knives to the heart...
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by ScotMisile: 6:23am On Aug 16, 2019
Seriously, am a guy but I still don't understand why men cheat. I guess it's upbringing and life style.... Women start loving with your senses and stop loving to survive.. .Sex, in itself is irritating... With all the water, saliva, fluids... Yukkk.... But, the sweetness is outta this world.
So, stick to one and endure the irritations And Sweetness.... If you must be dirty it shou be with one woman.
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by Nobody: 6:26am On Aug 16, 2019
miss00000:

Hello OP;

There is no need regretting anything. What you need is serious prayers and God will intercede for you.

#RemainBlessed
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by ghettochild(m): 6:27am On Aug 16, 2019
When this one now use confirm juju now for her hubby.. Men will come out and see she's a wife from hell..... Una no talk now ooo.. If na woman do strong thing now...we go dey hear end time wife...
Aunty26, u r too young to be experiencing this thing... Just move out...let him enjoy his business partner.. Ur marriage has been based on lies since u knew yr olosho hubby...
Can marriage just be b banned for Pete sake...that thing is a sham.... This generation don't know what marriage really is... We see it as an achievement ooo or a status u must attain if u r to be regarded as being successful..
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by MiddleDimension: 6:31am On Aug 16, 2019
XhosaNostra:
You don't have to stay in a marriage where you're not happy. 26 is way too young to be putting your own happiness on the back burner for someone else. Start planning an exit strategy because if you think things are bad now, imagine how they're going to get once this other woman becomes a permanent fixture in your lives. You're right, you didn't sign up for this shìt show, thus you don't have to partake in it. Fùck him!

Do you still love him after this revelation?
This would have killed feelings on the spot for me. I hate two-timing men with passion.

when you were younger and had it all, your attitudes is always ''to hell with any man who cannot put up with your dating multiple men!''

i really like the way time flies and power changes hands.

@op, please talk to parents on both sides and any other mature person. take the necessary actions you need to take in order to stay healthy in the mind. good luck

after helping to mediate in a marital dispute, a priest once told another priest that if this is what marriage is all about, that means they both made the right decision.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Married People Revealed The Darkest Secrets They've Been Keeping. / Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) / Anytime I Sleep With Her, I Receive Strange Knock On My Head —husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.