Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,336 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help (52296 Views)

Don’t Kill Your Husband. This Is How To Deal With Him If He Is Cheating On You / My Husband Is Cheating On Me With Our Neighbor! Hurting Real Bad / My Husband Is Very Jealous Because I’m Beautiful – 16-year-old Housewife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by sleezee: 8:53am On Aug 16, 2019
So sorry about the situation you are in right now, but you gotta be strong to face the challenges that comes.
My advise "TAKE IT TO GOD!!!"...Pray God opens his eyes
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by sben2308(m): 8:53am On Aug 16, 2019
miss00000:
We met in school during my pre-degree and dated for 7 years before he proposed to me. Before the proposal, both our parents had been pestering us to get married and start having children.

We started trying 6months prior, and 6 months after proposing I got pregnant. Few months later we did our introduction and got married (registry) march this year.

About two years ago, he met a lady where he was supplying his goods. According to him, the lady has been doing everything in her power to push his business. Every time I suspect there was more to their friendship, he always assured me there was nothing, that she's just a friend. sometimes he would even travel with her to Abuja to sell his goods which I had to allow since it was helping his business.

8 months into my pregnancy I noticed a drastic change like coming home very late, he hardly eats at home, he barely talks to memos he's always on his phone. I knew something was wrong and every time I talk to him, he always assured me that everything was fine.

After the delivery and naming of my baby I expected things to go back to the way it was, but it became worse. he changes his phone password almost everyday and still hides his phones from me.

One day I cried and begged him to tell me what was going on, after hours of begging, the first question he asked me was "where was it written in the bible that marriage has to be between one man and one woman and not with different women", "why can't a man marry two or more wives if he has the resources to take care of them equally"(the lady is a muslim btw).

He confessed that he has been dating this lady for over two years and has no plan of leaving her, and theres a possibility he's going to marry her. I'm just 26yo with a one month old baby, I didn't sign up for this.

While growing up, my mum has always warned us against polygamy. although he's promised to be there for me and still wants our marriage to continue, but the thought of my husband being with someone else is killing me. I've tried to reason with him several times but I end up hurting even more. I've been praying but still no change. He's been trying to compensate with gifts and money but thats not what I want. he doesn't want me to tell anyone and I feel reporting him to his family will even worsen the case. We've always settled our issues ourselves without involving anyone. I've tried everything I can just to take my mind off it. I need someone to talk to, prolly a friend or a counsellor. I've been crying for days now, I've not been eating well and I have to breastfeed my child. I never knew my life would be this complicated. I don't know why he got married to me if he already had this in mind. I hate my life right now.

R u based in lagos and if yes pls can I speak to him without him knowing from u .If yes just send a DM
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by marriedvirgin: 8:54am On Aug 16, 2019
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by Dholyboy(m): 8:56am On Aug 16, 2019
miss00000:
We met in school during my pre-degree and dated for 7 years before he proposed to me. Before the proposal, both our parents had been pestering us to get married and start having children.

We started trying 6months prior, and 6 months after proposing I got pregnant. Few months later we did our introduction and got married (registry) march this year.

About two years ago, he met a lady where he was supplying his goods. According to him, the lady has been doing everything in her power to push his business. Every time I suspect there was more to their friendship, he always assured me there was nothing, that she's just a friend. sometimes he would even travel with her to Abuja to sell his goods which I had to allow since it was helping his business.

8 months into my pregnancy I noticed a drastic change like coming home very late, he hardly eats at home, he barely talks to memos he's always on his phone. I knew something was wrong and every time I talk to him, he always assured me that everything was fine.

After the delivery and naming of my baby I expected things to go back to the way it was, but it became worse. he changes his phone password almost everyday and still hides his phones from me.

One day I cried and begged him to tell me what was going on, after hours of begging, the first question he asked me was "where was it written in the bible that marriage has to be between one man and one woman and not with different women", "why can't a man marry two or more wives if he has the resources to take care of them equally"(the lady is a muslim btw).

He confessed that he has been dating this lady for over two years and has no plan of leaving her, and theres a possibility he's going to marry her. I'm just 26yo with a one month old baby, I didn't sign up for this.

While growing up, my mum has always warned us against polygamy. although he's promised to be there for me and still wants our marriage to continue, but the thought of my husband being with someone else is killing me. I've tried to reason with him several times but I end up hurting even more. I've been praying but still no change. He's been trying to compensate with gifts and money but thats not what I want. he doesn't want me to tell anyone and I feel reporting him to his family will even worsen the case. We've always settled our issues ourselves without involving anyone. I've tried everything I can just to take my mind off it. I need someone to talk to, prolly a friend or a counsellor. I've been crying for days now, I've not been eating well and I have to breastfeed my child. I never knew my life would be this complicated. I don't know why he got married to me if he already had this in mind. I hate my life right now.

Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by wirinet(m): 8:58am On Aug 16, 2019
miss00000:

I usually don't give relationship advice, because you freely entered into the relationship with your eyes wide open. Besides people don't tend to take advices on relationship as emotion tend to reign supreme over reason. But I will try and give you be best advice I can.

The blame is from both of you. You dated the guy for 7 years and not get to know the kind of person he is. He was also in a 2 year relations (half of when you were still dating and before marriage), and you did not suspect. Girl you must be the most naive girl on the planet.
The other area I blame you is that you seem not to have added value to your self and also to the relationship. What do you contribute to the financial and material progress of the family? When I tell you young ladies that we men prefer women that can either help our careers, or help us financially (no matter how small) in running the home, some ladies would insult us and call us half men. They see men and marriage as ticket to free launch and free every thing else. Some wives expect the man to bring home the bacon, pay all bills, withstand constant nagging and stress and still be superman in bedroom duties.
It may be the painful truth, but your husband see the other woman as contributing more to his success than you and thus feels indebted to her.

Now the way forward....
The decision lies with you and you alone. You have two choices, either live and cope with the situation or leave.
If you decides to leave, then you need to improve yourself. You need to dust up your certificate and look for a job. You could also learn a skill, nowadays skills pay much more than certificate jobs. With the right skills you could start a business.
Discuss your decision with your family to see how and if they can help you move ahead. Your family could arrange a meeting with your husbands family to finalise issues.
It's not going to be easy, but you need to quit crying and put yourself together. Since you only have one child and you are still young, finding a future partner would not be too difficult.

...my 2 kobo.
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by LoneWolf200(m): 8:58am On Aug 16, 2019
@Everyone's comment, you all commented carnally! Sorry for my words.
Now @ the woman, you see the difference between picking your partner based on physical and financial abilities and praying for the right one before God.The absence of prayer before picking your man is now showing, the deed is already done, continue living with it,What God had joined together let there be no asunder.

For the singles--- Better write the names of your partner inside a piece of paper, walk up to a real prophet and pastor in prayer and fasting for God's choice.The usefulness wld show up later in your life.Peace will always reign no matter storm that arises in your marriage, the right one will never fret or leave you!

I TELL YOU!!!
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 16, 2019
BENARI:
Feminists go derail this thread.

Madam, for God's sake, pls mind how you take any advice from Single women. They will never understand your situation.

Rest assured though, his relationship with that lady will hit the rock soonest.

The lady can't reap where she didn't Sow for too long.
Men can be stupid, but he'll soon realise his foolishness.
I'm not asking you do nothing that others may be suggesting o! But rest assured, he'll come begging someday.

The hilarious thing is the woman could have been there when this young lady came and scattered the mans brain because of youthfulness.

Madam your not just his wife on paper spiritually you have to be a guide. do you act like a wife ..his sister and his friend too? help him with his business in the way you know how even when I’m angry at my husband and the woman even answered his phone na to support his business regardless. One time I called and a number called me back said I called her number Awon monitoring lizard on another persons phone o

I swallowed it I didn’t change my respect for him or the love or start sulking and starving the man or myself I drew closer to God one of my aunts she’s 90 something she said you have to show your husband your worth coming home to everyday no be say you go kill yourself because of lack of attention. but there’s something we all have no other woman can replicate sometimes it’s your heart. We all get angry temptation is everywhere but once we open our hearts we can let people know how we truly feel without coming across as demanding and nagging

You have to step into that role to claim the title it’s simple you didn't just marry him to bear his children ...you marry to fulfill destinies you can help him fulfill his goals for his business which in turn becomes “ours”. You can allow all this to give you low esteem or you build yourself and work on a smooth relationship for your son. You never stop loving someone cause they cheat you just let them know how it affects you do your duties and enjoy your life.

First drop that I mentality for We that’s what my husband taught me. The way it sounds your already divorced

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 16, 2019
marriedvirgin:

Gentleman I don't ever want to get married again.Look for something better to hit me with.
Good decision .please kindly stay out of marriage . They a so many men that can satisfy your sexual urge without any feeling attach .Concentrate on your child . I love women that is this open.you are beautiful though.
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by marriedvirgin: 9:01am On Aug 16, 2019
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by marriedvirgin: 9:03am On Aug 16, 2019
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by Billionsclub: 9:04am On Aug 16, 2019
don't die in silence, find someone u can trust to talk to. I wish u can inbox me, I would have have send you a number of a marriage and relationships counselor. He is a Pastor and very experienced in marriage and relationships matter. he resides in Benin and also he also has a program on radio. I can give you his number. just inbox me
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by frozen70(f): 9:05am On Aug 16, 2019
madridguy:
Your husband is the type that make woman to be looking for remote control all over places. Just a year marriage he's already talking about second wife.
I will suggest you discuss the issue with your parent for quick intervention.

You are right, his type of men are the type they put inside bottle, close it very tight and throw inside oceans like bar beach where it would sink down and that is it, forever no one will ever trace it.

The only thing he will always remember is her and the kids nothing else, any penny with him must be remitted to his wife till death

Just that for the sake of God, we ristrain ourselves
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 16, 2019
marriedvirgin:

Please do not quote me again.I will not want to keep talking to you.
quote author=vingeophysicist post=81301025]
Good decision .please kindly stay out of marriage . They a so many men that can satisfy your sexual urge without any feeling attach .Concentrate on your child . I love women that is this open.you are beautiful though.
Oh I forgot you are queen Elizabeth daughter . If you stop talking to me I might end up loosing cash . Good luck in your pursuit of happiness single mom.
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by executive12: 9:09am On Aug 16, 2019
I feel for you in your predicament. Very unfortunate situation. You should inform both your family and his own. If they cannot talk sense into him, prepare for divorce. Work on getting yourself financially independent.
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by chorla(m): 9:10am On Aug 16, 2019
I would have love to ask so many questions though. Especially some key things that happened before he proposed and after proposal before your pregnancy.

In my own opinion, I would say you have three options:

1. You quit the marriage.
2. You stay in the marriage bearing in mind that you've lost your husband to a second wife.
3. You stay in the marriage to fight for what is yours. Mind you the result for this fight may not be immediate and the kind of fight that I mean is not the punching typing. You fight against all odds to win him back.
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by marriedvirgin: 9:12am On Aug 16, 2019
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by executive12: 9:12am On Aug 16, 2019
gudvibz:
It's hard I know,cause no woman wanteto share her man but if you can, please stay put. That's how I see it

Stay put? Wow. Are you for real?
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by Teespice(f): 9:20am On Aug 16, 2019
I am really shaking my head at most of the advice given to this poster. guys telling her to endure and all that rubbish.

can you give your fellow man this same advice you lots are giving this poster if tables are turned.

op, do what you feel is in your best interest.
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by olumalcolm(m): 9:20am On Aug 16, 2019
Aunty, leave that house and return to ur parents home. Dust ur cv and get a job daat can fend for u and ur baby comfortably. Dont rent an apartment outside ur parents home yet cos u dnt knw what ur hubby might resort to if u leave his house with the baby so pls dnt stay alone. Stay wit ur family members and build urself. some years to dis time, he wuld come for his baby but u guys wuld hv to sit dwn and discuss conditions to visit and all and by den u wuld hv gotten enof confidence to give conditions that wuld suit u and ur kid.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 16, 2019
Richy4:
Reading some of the heart breaking stories here on Nairaland sometimes makes me imagine/ wonder what the Reverend Fathers must have been hearing during confessions..

I can't just imagine how a man will look into his wife's eyes and say that he won't let got of the other woman.. That is the highest disrespect that...I'm speechless..

OP please tell me that you are not jobless.. because I can't see what will make a talented, young, beautiful 26yr old daughter of the land to remain in that house and swallow garnished Sh!t.. If he can't let go of her you should have shown some class and withdraw honourably..

Some times I blame parents for interfering and putting unnecessary pressure on their kids to get married.. it's not compulsory that every relationship must end in marriage..

Take your baby, Go to your parent's home and cool off temporarily...While you were there, Think if it was possible for you and your baby's to have a good life and future without him in the picture.. this is because He has made up his mind to have a second wife, The other woman has agreed to be in his life... So now the decision is yours to make if u want to be be the first wife or separate from that bull$h!t

If you were my sister, I would seriously advise that you don't allow your parent to reconcile this matter.. Let him finish what he has started.. because if they forced him to leave the other woman, his business might suffer..and his anger would be on u.. if you asked for an upkeep money... He will angrily tell u he doesn't have... He might be bold to tell you that the person helping him on his business is no longer there, where do u expect him to get money.. That I believe will hurt u..

If u are not working, dust your certificate and Start submitting CVs. At least within 5months u might get something... You rent a little granny flat and settle with your son.. suggesting that you go to your parents house was just for u to think.. not for u to bash him in any way... and it's not for intervention..

Modified:
I have missed those days on Nairaland around 2010, 2011.. When there were so many people here on family section giving good advice irrespective of your gender when ever a topic like this comes up. those days kids like us then don't even talk we only hits the like button..

Nowadays, I have noticed that people gives advice based on gender.. an advice they can't even give to their family members or friends in distress they just throw it out without giving any duty of care..

In this case, Assuming OP was cheating on the husband and she boldly told her husband that she can't let go of her sugar daddy she met while in Uni..That the meets all her financial requirements ... Besides that he has been helping her restaurant business grow..

and the husband comes to Nairaland and seek for advice, would you guys have given him the same advice you have given the OP?

Would you have said oh, he should not let another man take over what belong to him.. He should stay in that relationship and pray for her to change there's nothing prayers cannot do .... he should fight for the marriage he shouldn't let her go since she doesn't nag too much at home after all a lot of women cheats...

Most of you got sister and I bet no one messes with them yet.. why the double standard while dishing out advice.. from page 1 to 6 that I managed to read is so infuriating..

I managed to do page 1-3. It's not a must you comment on matters above your understanding, but these ones don't have sense. I am not surprised.
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by Architectsly: 9:22am On Aug 16, 2019
miss00000:

Madam OP, hit me up so we can advice him in a traditional way and see how your husband become a preacher against Addultry and hate seeing anything on skirt.
Tradition is d way if you know u know

Madam try 2 go d traditional way, if u think ur hubby is still in his right senses u are wrong.
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by wirinet(m): 9:23am On Aug 16, 2019
LoneWolf200:
@Everyone's comment, you all commented carnally! Sorry for my words.
Now @ the woman, you see the difference between picking your partner based on physical and financial abilities and praying for the right one before God.The absence of prayer before picking your man is now showing, the deed is already done, continue living with it,What God had joined together let there be no asunder.

For the singles--- Better write the names of your partner inside a piece of paper, walk up to a real prophet and pastor in prayer and fasting for God's choice.The usefulness wld show up later in your life.Peace will always reign no matter storm that arises in your marriage, the right one will never fret or leave you!

I TELL YOU!!!

And real prophets don't have failed marriages?
Do you know how many men of God have allegations of adultery hanging on their necks?
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by Skmoda360(m): 9:23am On Aug 16, 2019
OmoAlata1:
I don't understand why women cheapen themselves like this all because you want to maintain Mrs status and you don't want society to ridicule you. That man has no respect for you at all, and he is doing it because he knows you are not going anywhere. He is very confident he will get his cake and eat it. You think if the case was reversed, he would still be around crying and begging for you to love him.

Please learn to love and fall in love with yourself. Value yourself and instill a lot of self worth in your life. No man is worth dying for, if you die today, he will still enjoy himself.

Get a job, make money and put yourself in a financially stable place. Life doesn't end if a man is not in your life.
A feminist...... instead of you to give proper advice you are talking gibberish about her not needing a man in her life....I know your type...trashy people. undecided
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by Psalmy2cute(m): 9:34am On Aug 16, 2019
miss00000:

Do you have something doing for yourself?? Pls If you do I advice you divorce this man.. ... and do it quick without wasting time.. you're still very young and I'm sure if you have a job taking care of your only child shouldn't be a problem
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by dovenice(f): 9:35am On Aug 16, 2019
I can feel your pain.

Try and find something to do get you busy. By doing you quickly get over it.

Pray and pray and pray for God to change his decision about the other woman.

Nothing is too hard for God to do.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by Psalmy2cute(m): 9:40am On Aug 16, 2019
1StopRudeness:

Oyindidi, I’m not about to get into gender equality matters with you, because men and women are not the same but this is hard for people like u to comprehend because u see the topic too superficially

I can’t give a man such advice becos this is Nigeria, women don’t marry two husbands. There’s no one size fit all advice....The man will come around, and if he doesn’t life goes on, what’s the big deal... the babe needs to keep her sanity and happiness intact.... and if packing out to go start over with another man will make her happy she can go ahead

Where is lalasticlala seff
I'm so disgusted at this post of yours.. I know a cheating husband when I see one.. and I can see you're no different from her husband
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by bayulll011(m): 9:40am On Aug 16, 2019
miss00000:

why he got married to me if he already had this in mind. I hate my life right now.

ok this is an unpleasant situations here,but i will advise you not to kill yourself or stress yourself over tis issues.
The man already made his decisions to marry that other lady very irresponsible and selfish of him to do it that way,he should have told you and both of you should have had conversations on this.

all the same dont over stress yourself,things will come back to normal,just move on with your life if you can take it file for divorce.
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by holuphisayor(m): 9:42am On Aug 16, 2019
This thread further justifies why women needs to work. Being housewife to man isn't cool at all times.
If you can cater for yourself right now, you won't be thinking about the gifts he's sending to you.
He'll know you deserve more than gifts or money.
My advice would be to find a job.
If you don't do this, he'll eventually have his way and probably throw you out of his house.
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by bayulll011(m): 9:44am On Aug 16, 2019
dovenice:
I can feel your pain.

Try and find something to do get you busy. By doing you quickly get over it.

Pray and pray and pray for God to change his decision about the other woman.

Nothing is too hard for God to do.

here we go again.

pray and pray,i support prayer can do wonders,but the lady need to act,if she cant cope why not file for divorce,her sanity and happyness is important here.she can wake up one day and sct irresponsible that can leads to untold stories,she need a break i beg
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by Oyindidi(f): 9:44am On Aug 16, 2019
Psalmy2cute:

I'm so disgusted at this post of yours.. I know a cheating husband when I see one.. and I can see you're no different from her husband
You even get time reply that cheat
Re: My Husband Is Boldly Cheating On Me, Help by bayulll011(m): 9:52am On Aug 16, 2019
frozen70:

You are right, his type of men are the type they put inside bottle, close it very tight and throw inside oceans like bar beach where it would sink down and that is it, forever no one will ever trace it.

The only thing he will always remember is her and the kids nothing else, any penny with him must be remitted to his wife till death

Just that for the sake of God, we ristrain ourselves

you sound diabolical there.
there is no need to do all that,that man is selfish irresponsible and silly,i love the western life just sue his assss and divorce him sharply

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) / Married People Revealed The Darkest Secrets They've Been Keeping. / My Brother In-law Is Making Advances At Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.