Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,082 members, 7,821,721 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

How I Got Infected With HIV - Health (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How I Got Infected With HIV (91772 Views)

Italian Infected With Coronavirus Visited Ogun / Chinese Baby Infected With Coronavirus 30 Hours After Birth / 100 Ladies Working For NGOs In Borno Impregnated And Infected With HIV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 26, 2019
Meel:

Viral load test, Cd4 count are performed on patients undergoing ART treatment. This is done to ascertain the no of virus presents or being eliminated, to know how responsive a patient is to the treatment.

For your Eliza test, kindly visit a teaching hospital or Federal medical Centre and explain what you want to do.
thanks for the insight. But let’s say at week 6 someone is still testing negative with rapid. Can he use the Eliza test that is. Can the Eliza test pick the virus
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Meel: 9:48pm On Aug 26, 2019
Zornes123:
thanks for the insight. But let’s say at week 6 someone is still testing negative with rapid. Can he use the Eliza test that is. Can the Eliza test pick the virus

Sure �
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by cocococo: 6:49pm On Aug 27, 2019
Zornes123:
You can do HIV PCR test (it is just like viral load test, but doesn’t check for quantity of virus; instead, it checks for any presence of the virus). I just did mine at 6 weeks, 5 days (47 days) post-exposure. It was negative. Now I’m at rest. The test takes about 1 week for the result to come out and it cost me 10k. Although, I will still do antibody test at 3 months-post exposure. But I believe that will also be negative when I do it.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 27, 2019
cocococo:

You can do HIV PCR test (it is just like viral load test, but doesn’t check for quantity of virus; instead, it checks for any presence of the virus). I just did mine at 6 weeks, 5 days (47 days) post-exposure. It was negative. Now I’m at rest. The test takes about 1 week for the result to come out and it cost me 10k. Although, I will still do antibody test at 3 months-post exposure. But I believe that will also be negative when I do it.
what about the antigen/anti body. It’s 6k which is not an issue. But how accurate is it after week 6. Seems I will open a thread on this self. Let’s get expert opinion
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by cocococo: 2:49am On Aug 28, 2019
Zornes123:
what about the antigen/anti body. It’s 6k which is not an issue. But how accurate is it after week 6. Seems I will open a thread on this self. Let’s get expert opinion
6 weeks should give a good reflection of your status with the antigen test. The p24 antigen however which the test looks out for is only short-lived and disappears around that 6 weeks or so. The PCR is more sensitive as a and will give a more reliable test even when the p24 antigen disappears. However, no matter the test you do, always confirm with a 3 month antibody test.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 4:20am On Aug 28, 2019
cocococo:

6 weeks should give a good reflection of your status with the antigen test. The p24 antigen however which the test looks out for is only short-lived and disappears around that 6 weeks or so. The PCR is more sensitive as a and will give a more reliable test even when the p24 antigen disappears. However, no matter the test you do, always confirm with a 3 month antibody test.
excatly my thought. I read antigen disappears and all. But these lab people, they so selfish they will just try to make one do it. The OP ain’t wrong after all. Not all lab scientists know of this antigen test self infact I don’t get how some of these people graduate. We asked for Eliza test like the other guy advised the lab person was just looking at me like what am I saying. Is all lab capable of doing the PCR thing.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 5:26am On Aug 28, 2019
I slept with two girls on different occasions , na so condom tear. Me no even know, the whole thing happened so fast. I later pulled out after a little thrust. The thing is I fell ill after four weeks. Some of you might think it’s my head playing me but I had crazy night sweats,mad fever, those rashes were on my back. Appeared and disappeared after about a week. Mouth ulsers. I kept on having different ones, chills I will just be sweating and feeling cold too every night for like a week till it stopped .withing a month plus I had all symptoms of HIV. Even nodes. just three of them on my neck just came out from no where. No one should tell me it’s my mind playing me as I am not a kid. Almost 30.
I did series of test within this period, series like 12 or thereabout all came out negative even at the 3rd month mark. I stil have mild symptoms as they come and go. Like the mouth ulsers and my tongue is mad white now, and all that. Doctor is a little convinced it’s HIv even though he doesn’t want to say.
And yeah I had cough for that same month no amount or type of drug cured. I had to go for the antigen/anti body test few days ago. Maybe that’s going to make me rest. And if it turns out negative I will know it’s unseen forces after me. Or what do you guys advise. Is it possible the antigen own will confirm it all. Or I still have to wait for month 6

I also other test relating to other STDS all cane out negative.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by cocococo: 12:48pm On Aug 28, 2019
Zornes123:
excatly my thought. I read antigen disappears and all. But these lab people, they so selfish they will just try to make one do it. The OP ain’t wrong after all. Not all lab scientists know of this antigen test self infact I don’t get how some of these people graduate. We asked for Eliza test like the other guy advised the lab person was just looking at me like what am I saying. Is all lab capable of doing the PCR thing.
Only high tech labs do the HIV PCR test.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by cocococo: 12:52pm On Aug 28, 2019
Military87:
I slept with two girls on different occasions , na so condom tear. Me no even know, the whole thing happened so fast. I later pulled out after a little thrust. The thing is I fell ill after four weeks. Some of you might think it’s my head playing me but I had crazy night sweats,mad fever, those rashes were on my back. Appeared and disappeared after about a week. Mouth ulsers. I kept on having different ones, chills I will just be sweating and feeling cold too every night for like a week till it stopped .withing a month plus I had all symptoms of HIV. Even nodes. just three of them on my neck just came out from no where. No one should tell me it’s my mind playing me as I am not a kid. Almost 30.
I did series of test within this period, series like 12 or thereabout all came out negative even at the 3rd month mark. I stil have mild symptoms as they come and go. Like the mouth ulsers and my tongue is mad white now, and all that. Doctor is a little convinced it’s HIv even though he doesn’t want to say.
And yeah I had cough for that same month no amount or type of drug cured. I had to go for the antigen/anti body test few days ago. Maybe that’s going to make me rest. And if it turns out negative I will know it’s unseen forces after me. Or what do you guys advise. Is it possible the antigen own will confirm it all. Or I still have to wait for month 6

I also other test relating to other STDS all cane out negative.
Please go and look for lab that can do the HIV PCR test. It will rule out any infection. People could take 6 months to seroconvert. I would have confidently said u are negative, but those symptoms should not be overlooked if you actually had them.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 28, 2019
cocococo:

Please go and look for lab that can do the HIV PCR test. It will rule out any infection. People could take 6 months to seroconvert. I would have confidently said u are negative, but those symptoms should not be overlooked if you actually had them.
i tell you sir. These symptoms just made me believe I have it 200%. I get sick sometimes. Like running temperature every now and then. And the ulsers too. At this point I just wish it was the virus so at least I know what’s wrong with me rather than just taking drugs for one ailment or another. I will try to drop my report for the earlier test I took. It should be out soon. Positive or negative it’s all good. Thanks OP for this eye opener.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by RSunny(f): 9:32pm On Aug 28, 2019
[Lies! Pure lies!quote author=daveson2020 post=81300172]It is treatable if you have the money. Very huge amount of money. Contact me if you are interested [/quote]
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by RSunny(f): 9:33pm On Aug 28, 2019
Lies! Pure lies!

1 Like

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 11:46pm On Aug 28, 2019
Palehair:

I too am confused but it happens, who knows? He may have infected whatever i was eating or drinking, I still have no clue how he did it even I was surprised when he told me

You're a lying fa..ot
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Palehair: 11:49pm On Aug 28, 2019
IamaNigerianGuy:

You're a lying fa..ot
Congratulations on knowing me (even if you don't) but my baby bro is the gay one, not me and I will continue to support him, i won't take any offense at that word

3 Likes

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 29, 2019
Palehair:

Congratulations on knowing me (even if you don't) but my baby bro is the gay one, not me and I will continue to support him, i won't take any offense at that word
no offense bro. But was your brother the one making all those comments with your account.
I really don’t have an issue with you being gay. Just own up if you are, and don’t let the fact you turned positive make reject it.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 29, 2019
cocococo:

bro test came out negative. I don’t even know if to conclude I am negative or still wait at that 6months. The lab attendant said the test should be conclusive by now. I asked for the PCR she said that’s only used as confirmatory. So no need. And I thought I should let you know those on pep might require 6months before testing as the drug makes it longer for them to develop enough antibodies.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Palehair: 12:49pm On Aug 29, 2019
Military87:
no offense bro. But was your brother the one making all those comments with your account.
I really don’t have an issue with you being gay. Just own up if you are, and don’t let the fact you turned positive make reject it.
Only a gay man in denial will deny his sexuality, a straight guy has no time to go back and forth,just because I defend them doesn't mean I'm one but it's useless to defend mine because in Africa, once you defend them, you are part of them

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by menbewisetoday: 9:28pm On Aug 29, 2019
Neddstark:

You probably dont have HIV. However anxiety is messing up your mind. In the meanwhile, dont do anything risky with your lady. Be there for her too. Anxiety of exposure to HIV can be crazy, made me go and do 2 tests within 2 months.

I had some pricking in my penis. It went on for two or three days then I took Ampiclox and it went away.

Three days ago, I have had rash on my hands and one on my head.

The funniest thing is that I had a dream of taking drugs before now.

The rashes are still on me now although I have been pressing them.

I went to general hospital thinking they will council me or at least do me test but yeah, I have no money.

My Landlord saw the rashes and asked if I slept with a woman without condom and I told him no but I did. I told him its the bits I got from insects from the farm I went.

Now I am confused.

Can a HIV patient who notices early and start taking drugs father a child who is negative.

I also heard a positive patient can be with a partner and she will never contract the virus how true is this.

Tomorrow will be two weeks I slept with the girl.

Only two thrust o.

See what has happened.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Neddstark: 9:59pm On Aug 29, 2019
menbewisetoday:

I had some pricking in my penis. It went on for two or three days then I took Ampiclox and it went away.

I went to general hospital thinking they will council me or at least do me test but yeah, I have no money.

My Landlord saw the rashes and asked if I slept with a woman without condom and I told him no but I did. I told him its the bits I got from insects from the farm I went.

Now I am confused.

Can a HIV patient who notices early and start taking drugs father a child who is negative.

I also heard a positive patient can be with a partner and she will never contract the virus how true is this.

Only two thrust o.

See what has happened.

The fear of hiv dey tremor pass hiv. Me i had unprotected sex with a loose girl 4 times in one month then. When i confirmed she's a runz girl and doesnt like condoms with her partners, thats when the fear took over me o. Every sore on my body and fever ache was a suspicion untill i did 2 tests o. Thank God i didn't contract. I'll simply advise you not to be anxious. Anxiety has a way of causing other conditions. It could simply have been gono or toilet infection. Many people are having sex with positive people and still dont contract. Dont count yourself unlucky. Move on bro, but rubberize next time.

4 Likes

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Neddstark: 10:01pm On Aug 29, 2019
Military87:
bro test came out negative. I don’t even know if to conclude I am negative or still wait at that 6months. The lab attendant said the test should be conclusive by now. I asked for the PCR she said that’s only used as confirmatory. So no need. And I thought I should let you know those on pep might require 6months before testing as the drug makes it longer for them to develop enough antibodies.

You're okay joor.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by cocococo: 2:48am On Aug 30, 2019
Military87:
Did you take PEP? Me, I took PEP. I couldn’t wait for antibody test at 6 months to confirm. That was why I did the PCR test. But if you didn’t take PEP, 3 months antibody test should suffice.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by cocococo: 2:51am On Aug 30, 2019
Neddstark:

The fear of hiv dey tremor pass hiv. Me i had unprotected sex with a loose girl 4 times in one month then. When i confirmed she's a runz girl and doesnt like condoms with her partners, thats when the fear took over me o. Every sore on my body and fever ache was a suspicion untill i did 2 tests o. Thank God i didn't contract. I'll simply advise you not to be anxious. Anxiety has a way of causing other conditions. It could simply have been gono or toilet infection. Many people are having sex with positive people and still dont contract. Dont count yourself unlucky. Move on bro, but rubberize next time.

True talk. Anxiety can actually weaken one’s immune system, and leave you prone to constitutional symptoms that mimic acute HIV symptoms. One symptom I know for sure that prolonged anxiety causes to me is mild sore throat and some diarrhea.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 5:37am On Aug 30, 2019
cocococo:

True talk. Anxiety can actually weaken one’s immune system, and leave you prone to constitutional symptoms that mimic acute HIV symptoms. One symptom I know for sure that prolonged anxiety causes to me is mild sore throat and some diarrhea.
the anxiety talk sometimes sounds funny to me, as most of the symptoms are physical. During the first month I had having cough and then out of no where came nodes on my neck. Then sores in my mouth. Just appears and then disappears. Multiple of them, some left scares self .even joint pain on different part of my body my step mom had to ask why I was walking how I did one time. Did I mention I had three boil like thing on my groin region, something I never experienced before, if only OP had said his symptoms that would have help relieve me a little.
I really don’t know how psychology can make someone think he’s sick, most of the things I have had is physical even doctor confuse. I just hope I am not one of the few that takes 6months to develop antibodies.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by cocococo: 9:48am On Aug 30, 2019
Military87:
the anxiety talk sometimes sounds funny to me, as most of the symptoms are physical. During the first month I had having cough and then out of no where came nodes on my neck. Then sores in my mouth. Just appears and then disappears. Multiple of them, some left scares self .even joint pain on different part of my body my step mom had to ask why I was walking how I did one time. Did I mention I had three boil like thing on my groin region, something I never experienced before, if only OP had said his symptoms that would have help relieve me a little.
I really don’t know how psychology can make someone think he’s sick, most of the things I have had is physical even doctor confuse. I just hope I am not one of the few that takes 6months to develop antibodies.
Bro, anxiety weakens your immune system leaving you prone to infections.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Flukiragz(m): 10:09am On Aug 30, 2019
menbewisetoday:

Now I am confused.

Only two thrust o.

See what has happened.

I had unprotected sex with 2 girls.
1st girl, 2 weeks and 5 days ago, and
2nd girl, 6 weeks ago.

I have been having all manner of symptoms.
From vomiting, 2 running stomach, itchy genitals, headache, night sweat etc.

D anxiety is really crippling.
And 2 make matter worse, I have 2 wait 10 more weeks to do the test.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by menbewisetoday: 11:37am On Aug 30, 2019
cocococo:

I want to go for antibiotics.
Did you take them?
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by menbewisetoday: 4:27pm On Aug 30, 2019
Flukiragz:

I had unprotected sex with 2 girls. 1st girl, 2 weeks and 5 days ago, and 2nd girl, 6 weeks ago.
I have been having all manner of symptoms. From vomiting, 2 running stomach, itchy genitals, headache, night sweat etc.
D anxiety is really crippling. And 2 make matter worse, I have 2 wait 10 more weeks to do the test.
Have you taken any antibiotics
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Flukiragz(m): 10:22pm On Aug 30, 2019
menbewisetoday:

Have you taken any antibiotics
No.
I only took malaria tablets.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Flukiragz(m): 1:47am On Aug 31, 2019
Now I know I have HIV.
I have been purging and vomiting for two straight days.
I have gone to the toilet more than 20 times.
I don't have appetite, and my food is not digesting( I eat and then vomit)
I have been having headache for 2 weeks.
Genital itching,
Sore on tongue etc

After I have done my test, I will just tell my parent then leave the house and pack to another state.

I don't think I am getting out of this one.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 6:34am On Aug 31, 2019
Flukiragz:
Now I know I have HIV.
I have been purging and vomiting for two straight days.
I have gone to the toilet more than 20 times.
I don't have appetite, and my food is not digesting( I eat and then vomit)
I have been having headache for 2 weeks.
Genital itching,
Sore on tongue etc

After I have done my test, I will just tell my parent then leave the house and pack to another state.

I don't think I am getting out of this one.
dont go and check for STI stay there and be concluding its HIV

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Melvin0: 8:15am On Aug 31, 2019
Anxiety itself is a disease. I remember around July last year after having an unprotected sex with a girl, few weeks later I had fever, my feet was always hot in the night and I had chills also for straight 2 weeks non stop. I knew something was wrong because if it was malaria, it wouldve atleast stopped maybe in the morning and continued in the afternoon or evening.
I was scared to go for hiv test cos I was so scared of seeing a positive result.
During that period, I went for typhoid and malaria test. When the result came out, I was told I had typhoid and was given typhoid and malaria drugs. I was on apetamine syrup during that period and so when I got the drugs I took it together with the multivitamins (which I letter found out is very bad).
After one week of taking the drugs, there was no improvement, the burning feet increased and I had sleepless nights.
I googled all the symptoms of hiv and even joined medhelp forum. I was convinced I had hiv even if I didn't have sour throat or vomitting all the while, but I had diarrhoea and chest pain, and I was becoming very lean.
One morning I woke up with white patches on my tongue, and I started spitting occasionally. I thought it was oral thrush, I then concluded I had hiv, even when there was no bumps and it wasn't painful. I finally made up my mind that day that I must go for hiv test. I went to a private hospital and did the test and it came out negative, that was after 10 weeks.
I wasn't convinced because the result came out too fast. The following day I went to another lab and conducted another test and it still came out negative. I was then convinced it wasn't hiv, and from that day, all the symptoms vanished and I became strong again.

3 Likes

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 31, 2019
Melvin0:
Anxiety itself is a disease. I remember around July last year after having an unprotected sex with a girl, few weeks later I had fever, my feet was always hot in the night and I had chills also for straight 2 weeks non stop. I knew something was wrong because if it was malaria, it wouldve atleast stopped maybe in the morning and continued in the afternoon or evening.
I was scared to go for hiv test cos I was so scared of seeing a positive result.
During that period, I went for typhoid and malaria test. When the result came out, I was told I had typhoid and was given typhoid and malaria drugs. I was on apetamine syrup during that period and so when I got the drugs I took it together with the multivitamins (which I letter found out is very bad).
After one week of taking the drugs, there was no improvement, the burning feet increased and I had sleepless nights.
I googled all the symptoms of hiv and even joined medhelp forum. I was convinced I had hiv even if I didn't have sour throat or vomitting all the while, but I had diarrhoea and chest pain, and I was becoming very lean.
One morning I woke up with white patches on my tongue, and I started spitting occasionally. I thought it was oral thrush, I then concluded I had hiv, even when there was no bumps and it wasn't painful. I finally made up my mind that day that I must go for hiv test. I went to a private hospital and did the test and it came out negative, that was after 10 weeks.
I wasn't convinced because the result came out too fast. The following day I went to another lab and conducted another test and it still came out negative. I was then convinced it wasn't hiv, and from that day, all the symptoms vanished and I became strong again.
I like all you wrote up there. So what about me that had rashes not just any rash on my arms and back and they all disappeared in five days. Then my tongue is still white and with mouth sores that comes and goes, muscle and joint pains is now like an everyday thing and nodes that appeared during the same period well doctor said 6moths time I should check again, cause with all he’s seeing it’s either it or I have a weak immune system.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (32) (Reply)

How To Naturally Cure Quick Ejaculation / Is It Possible For The Vagina Not To Have Any Odour? / COVID-19 Toll: United States Records Over 2,400 Deaths In 24 Hours(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.