Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,368 members, 7,819,323 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

How I Got Infected With HIV - Health (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How I Got Infected With HIV (91674 Views)

Italian Infected With Coronavirus Visited Ogun / Chinese Baby Infected With Coronavirus 30 Hours After Birth / 100 Ladies Working For NGOs In Borno Impregnated And Infected With HIV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Karmaisme(m): 10:29pm On Mar 05, 2021
Skripture:

I had blurry vision when mine started, and still have sometimes till now.
But don't stress, just go for an STI test.

I'm having rashes of my body,slight but persistent headache, pain in the pelvic area and my tongue is a bit white, can hiv be the cause of this? I need a response ASAP.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Skripture: 1:13am On Mar 17, 2021
Karmaisme:

I'm having rashes of my body,slight but persistent headache, pain in the pelvic area and my tongue is a bit white, can hiv be the cause of this? I need a response ASAP.
Anything could be the cause m
if you've been exposed to HIV, get tested
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Skripture: 1:14am On Mar 17, 2021
selemempe:
did you ever do covid19 test?
No correlation between my symptoms and Covid 19. My exposure was way before Covid 19 came into existence
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by selemempe: 3:09am On Mar 17, 2021
Skripture:

No correlation between my symptoms and Covid 19. My exposure was way before Covid 19 came into existence
well I have a bit of such situation currently. You know that covid symptoms are EXACTLY the same as hiv symptoms.
My exposure was in January 30. I tested positive for covid in February 12. Since then I have had a lot of symptoms that are shared between covid and hiv (viral symptoms)

I tested anti bodies negative for hiv 6 weeks after my exposure. I'm waiting for another 6 weeks to have a conclusive test.

How do you feel these days

1 Like

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Skripture: 8:34am On Mar 17, 2021
selemempe:
well I have a bit of such situation currently. You know that covid symptoms are EXACTLY the same as hiv symptoms.
My exposure was in January 30. I tested positive for covid in February 12. Since then I have had a lot of symptoms that are shared between covid and hiv (viral symptoms)

I tested anti bodies negative for hiv 6 weeks after my exposure. I'm waiting for another 6 weeks to have a conclusive test.

How do you feel these days

Wish you all the best. You'll remain negative.

I'm getting better but still battling with mouth sores, fatigue and dizzy spells once in a while. Funny enough, today makes it exactly 2 years since my exposure.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by selemempe: 9:15am On Mar 17, 2021
Skripture:

Wish you all the best. You'll remain negative.

I'm getting better but still battling with mouth sores, fatigue and dizzy spells once in a while. Funny enough, today makes it exactly 2 years since my exposure.
well current hiv tests are considered conclusive after 3 months. But about 98% of people will test positive after 2 months.
So whatever is the problem you have...it's not hiv

1 Like

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Skripture: 5:30pm On Mar 17, 2021
selemempe:
well current hiv tests are considered conclusive after 3 months. But about 98% of people will test positive after 2 months.
So whatever is the problem you have...it's not hiv
Lol... are you a medical practitioner or you're just quoting Google to me?

1 Like

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by selemempe: 6:16pm On Mar 17, 2021
Skripture:

Lol... are you a medical practitioner or you're just quoting Google to me?
Google? Or you mean articles by top research institutions on hiv such as CDC and NHS? Harvard medical school etc

1 Like

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Skripture: 12:19am On Mar 19, 2021
selemempe:
Google? Or you mean articles by top research institutions on hiv such as CDC and NHS? Harvard medical school etc
This stuff can be overwhelming you know. I take all those things with a pinch of salt
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by selemempe: 3:39am On Mar 19, 2021
Skripture:

This stuff can be overwhelming you know. I take all those things with a pinch of salt
you shouldn't.

Something seems wrong...but must it be hiv? You said you tested negative already.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Skripture: 6:54pm On Mar 19, 2021
selemempe:
you shouldn't.

Something seems wrong...but must it be hiv? You said you tested negative already.
Everything points in that direction but man's confused

1 Like

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 13, 2021
cocococo:
After I took HIV post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) last year after a potential HIV exposure and which turned out to be successful cos I’ve been negative since then, I’m in another mess again o due to another babe I met not too long. We had something today (protected sex at first which later turned unprotected), and I then suggested we do a test cos I always have test strips in my house. She refused initially, but after my anger, she agreed. But before we even did it, she said she was positive. I thought she was joking o, until I did for both of us in my house, and really, she was positive—2 bands on her strip while my strip had 1 band. My only consolation is that she is on drugs (she said she started her HIV drugs June/July this year immediately after she found out about her status), but I don’t know whether her drugs have kicked in enough to make her have undetectable viral load in her body. Well, I just drove her home to be sure she was really taking the HIV drugs, and she truly showed me her drugs.

To cut the story short, I just asked her for one tablet of her drugs, and I took it right there to start my post-exposure prophylaxis, since it is the same as the PEP drugs. Hopefully, I will properly continue the PEP drug schedule from tomorrow when I go to one private hospital like that and get my own drugs, and I really hope I get the drugs tomorrow o. cry But no matter what, HIV isn’t a death sentence. Still hoping sha that I am fine in the long run, and I hope I take this as a final lesson. I really need to marry soonest or find someone who I really love for a committed relationship; it reduces the risk for infection if one is faithful. I’ll let you guys know how my experience unfolds tomorrow.

Bro I am in a similar mess. I had raw sex with a mild yesterday evening. After that I took her to a lab for test only for the result to come out positive for her. I had to rally around to get pep in which I just took my first dosage today by 5pm.

I'm yet to get a side effect of the drugs? Any advise on how u scaled through yours?

1 Like

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by cocococo: 4:07am On Jun 24, 2021
biggestman:

Bro I am in a similar mess. I had raw sex with a mild yesterday evening. After that I took her to a lab for test only for the result to come out positive for her. I had to rally around to get pep in which I just took my first dosage today by 5pm.

I'm yet to get a side effect of the drugs? Any advise on how u scaled through yours?

Well, I have taken the PEP twice now. The first one, I was really scared. But for the second one, it was really easy on me. The drugs really work if started within a day after exposure and daily regimen strictly adhered to. You will be fine, I believe. Any symptoms you have may be due to any anxiety you could have. All the best. It’s over 6 months since my exposure and beginning of my last PEP, and I’m still negative. So, I guess I’m good. I hope you will be , too.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 9:22am On Jun 24, 2021
cocococo:

Well, I have taken the PEP twice now. The first one, I was really scared. But for the second one, it was really easy on me. The drugs really work if started within a day after exposure and daily regimen strictly adhered to. You will be, I believe. Any symptoms you may be due to any anxiety you may have. All the best. It’s over 6 months since my exposure and beginning of my last PEP, and I’m still negative. So, I guess I’m good. I hope you will, too.

Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by rottenPussy: 2:00pm On Aug 06, 2021
Karmaisme:

How are you now? Did you test negative again? Was it another thing?

1 Like

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by ezugegere(m): 3:13pm On Aug 06, 2021

But una get mind o! Why una de take this kind risk na? Ontop pussy?

1 Like

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Karmaisme(m): 9:28pm On Aug 06, 2021
rottenPussy:
How are you now? Did you test negative again? Was it another thing?

I'm ok. It's malaria and typhoid according to the doctor. I don't feel those symptoms again after the prescribed medication. Thanks for the concern.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by rottenPussy: 6:32am On Aug 07, 2021
Karmaisme:

I'm ok. It's malaria and typhoid according to the doctor. I don't feel those symptoms again after the prescribed medication. Thanks for the concern.
What medications pls? Pls try to remember. I have had similar symptoms for 4months now.

Have taking several drugs, yet it persists. The doctors are not even helping as much.

It’s not HIV, btw.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by rottenPussy: 10:24am On Aug 11, 2021
rottenPussy:
What medications pls? Pls try to remember. I have had similar symptoms for 4months now.

Have taking several drugs, yet it persists. The doctors are not even helping as much.

It’s not HIV, btw.
@karmaisme:
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by vickydevoka(m): 4:12pm On Dec 06, 2021
So I had to do another test at week 6. This was when the test picked up the virus. I will try to educate people here with the little i learnt, maybe it will help for those who wants to learn.
We have two different types of hiv test kits. One test for both antigen and anti bodies this one picks the virus as early as two weeks, and results comes out withing days to a week, with a window period of a month(meaning by a month and your result shows negative then you are free). The other checks for anti bodies alone and this one picks the virus withing a month for few people, mind you for few people and most people at three months as that is when the body might have produced enough antibodies for it to be detected. And the latter is what we use here in Nigeria, where finger is pricked or blood drawn and the result comes out within 15-20minutes.
The bad thing here is we are not well informed about the window period and seroconversion( period when one is turning from negative to positive and takes as long as 3 months in most people and 6 months in some, meaning your result might show negative yet you are positive) and all that, I advise you google this, due to this lack of information people go about thinking they are negative and go about infecting others, until the sickness has progressed to a later stage where they start falling sick.
My piece of advice is ensure you use condom( and pray not to be unlucky like me, the girl who gave me has no idea she’s infected ) if condom breaks there’s what they call PREP, it’s a medication used within 72 hours after exposure to prevent you from catching the virus if your partner is positive.
Getting prep is difficult. Infact I have gone buh de didn't issue me
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Firsttimeroooo: 3:07pm On Dec 10, 2021
cocococo:
After I took HIV post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) last year after a potential HIV exposure and which turned out to be successful cos I’ve been negative since then, I’m in another mess again o due to another babe I met not too long. We had something today (protected sex at first which later turned unprotected), and I then suggested we do a test cos I always have test strips in my house. She refused initially, but after my anger, she agreed. But before we even did it, she said she was positive. I thought she was joking o, until I did for both of us in my house, and really, she was positive—2 bands on her strip while my strip had 1 band. My only consolation is that she is on drugs (she said she started her HIV drugs June/July this year immediately after she found out about her status), but I don’t know whether her drugs have kicked in enough to make her have undetectable viral load in her body. Well, I just drove her home to be sure she was really taking the HIV drugs, and she truly showed me her drugs.

To cut the story short, I just asked her for one tablet of her drugs, and I took it right there to start my post-exposure prophylaxis, since it is the same as the PEP drugs. Hopefully, I will properly continue the PEP drug schedule from tomorrow when I go to one private hospital like that and get my own drugs, and I really hope I get the drugs tomorrow o. cry But no matter what, HIV isn’t a death sentence. Still hoping sha that I am fine in the long run, and I hope I take this as a final lesson. I really need to marry soonest or find someone who I really love for a committed relationship; it reduces the risk for infection if one is faithful. I’ll let you guys know how my experience unfolds tomorrow.

Please, I had a broken condom case last night. How can I get the prep drug?
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Mickeybook(f): 12:38pm On Dec 11, 2021
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 12:55am On Dec 12, 2021
skripture how is it going its aminu114 do u remember?
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by vickydevoka(m): 5:24pm On Dec 18, 2021
ednut1:
This story might be a lie. Its not that easy to get aids from that small exposure lol
Is not even possible
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Ovege1: 8:09am On Dec 22, 2021
Skripture:

Please how can I communicate with skripture
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Ovege1: 8:10am On Dec 22, 2021
Abba114:

Hello aminu... can I get your contacts please or that of skripture.?
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 22, 2021
Ovege1:

Hello aminu... can I get your contacts please or that of skripture.?
yes u can but why?
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by muheeb01(m): 7:57am On Dec 24, 2021
If you're suffering from pile/hermorhoid,diabetes,hbp,weak erection or erectile dysfunction,low sperm count,èdà or any forms of infertility,Ulcer,Asthma,Hepatitis A-E,HIV,covid 19 or omicron,herpes,any viral infection or any STDs,dm me
Confirmed ibile BURANTASHI and adodun also available to up your sexual game

Check my signature and profile for what I know how to do best....you'll thank me later
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Skripture: 9:43pm On Dec 26, 2021
Abba114:
Aminu my man
How are you doing?
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 26, 2021
Skripture:

Aminu my man
How are you doing?
bro im still alive
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Skripture: 9:52pm On Dec 26, 2021
Abba114:
bro im still alive
lol.. do you intend dying soon?
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 26, 2021
Skripture:

lol.. do you intend dying soon?
grin grin grin bro how is it going did u test again?

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport / Is It Possible For The Vagina Not To Have Any Odour? / How To Naturally Cure Quick Ejaculation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.