Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria (48341 Views)

PDP Presidential Primary: Atiku Gets 371 Votes, Wike Gets 231 Votes / Full List Of 371 Tribes In Nigeria. Check Where You Belong. / Full List Of The 371 Tribes In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Ctorch: 4:09pm On Aug 16, 2019
Deadlytruth:

There is nothing like a larger family of Yorubas to which Edo belongs. According to Bishop Ajayi Crowther who was himself a Yoruba and an authority on Yoruba Anthropology, the Yoruba appelation is a very recent invention aimed at unifying previously unrelated ethnic groups occupying the Southwestern parts of the territory now called Nigeria. Prior to the advent of that appelation the Edos had been known as a distinct and cohesive people. So how does Edo which existed before Yorubas suddenly fall under the so called Yoruba family?

you win again ooooo

As I said, I didn't see u giving up..

U win win win.

Please who then are Edos ( benins ) more affiliated to?

Remember man is not an island...so who then have more closer ties to Edo.

Clear answer pls.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by banio: 4:17pm On Aug 16, 2019
One Nigeria.

We die here
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by moscobabs(m): 4:18pm On Aug 16, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
technically you are wrong and right
Spot the wrong bro
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by ignitewatch(m): 4:23pm On Aug 16, 2019
Ebu Delta. I think also some part in Edo state (ilushi)
babyfaceafrica:
ebira(Edo)?..ebira (kogi and nassarawa) is better

ebu(Edo)?..ebu (delta) is better

akoko-edo......(Edo)
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by ignitewatch(m): 4:26pm On Aug 16, 2019
@op use over 371 countries not tribes
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Revolva(m): 4:30pm On Aug 16, 2019
Mynd44:

There is a large population of Yorubas from Edo, not majority
There is a large population if Igbos from Kogi, not majority
There is a large population if Igalas in Anambra. Not majority.

Same way, there are Ijaws in Ondo

Pls stop this please you are misleading people where have u heard a large population of igala in anambra if not for d broder side which is just 1percent speaker a place you are not from you know better than us that are igalas by tribe

Again what do you mean large population of igbos in kogi where na u out them there or wat stop misleading people

Large population of Yoruba from Edo

Well all I know Yoruba ancestry are from Benin but not Benin from Yoruba
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by babyfaceafrica: 4:33pm On Aug 16, 2019
Nijanija:

Guy God bless you, for that , EBU is in Delta state not Edo , but ulosi is in Edo state . They speak like ebu
Amen..the language is similar to igala but different small..very fine gals dey there
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by babyfaceafrica: 4:35pm On Aug 16, 2019
ignitewatch:
Ebu Delta. I think also some part in Edo state (ilushi)

ilushi is different from ebu sir,they sound similar,but different
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Deadlytruth(m): 4:37pm On Aug 16, 2019
Ctorch:

you win again ooooo

As I said, I didn't see u giving up..

U win win win.

Please who then are Edos ( benins ) more affiliated to?

Remember man is not an island...so who then have more closer ties to Edo.

Clear answer pls.
The only people to whom Edos have close blood ties are the Urhobos and Isokos. All else you hear are fabrications for political profiling.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Revolva(m): 4:41pm On Aug 16, 2019
Ctorch:

but Igala is in anambra state.

bottom line is this..

No Igala in anambra state....proved
No Igbo in kogi state....I fully agree.

stop spreading rumours and propaganda.

agadez007:
correct

I wonder why the much urge to gave igalas in Anambra state
there are no igalas in Anambra state,same way there are no Igbos in kogi state

Stop.being a bigot there r igalas shared by boundary to Anambra ok and google nzam community and also google ette in enugu they are igalas speaking

Why is anambra broadcasting reading news in igala after English Igbo is igala they use next you guys are just biased you know noting about igala history with Igbo before state of creation divided everybody

Maybe you are just a kid go and ask an elderly anambra man especially those from anambra north aguleri and see how them and igalas know themselves

Cos ur own part of anambra is not close to the border of ibaji in kogi that why

Google things and read ok

For your information no Igbo in kogi state ok the ibaji people are not igbos o they are igalas from.idah that settle in that zone because some of them adopted Igbo name does not.make Dem igbos ok

I know my people

babyfaceafrica:

Illushi is igala also they are originally from.idah and ibaji who settled there across the river Niger and they were also with ebu who are now carved to oshimili north in delta

It's was when state creation began every body was seperated we were carved to anambra border Edo and Delta

That is igala for you
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Kfed4ril(m): 4:41pm On Aug 16, 2019
nasoeb:
Op hope you take take expired tramadol?
Izon (jjaws) are found in Rivers Bayelsa, Delta, (Edo), Ondo, (Akwa Ibom. Andoni is a clan of Izon, and not a tribe of it's own) and Abia (Akwetes are Originally Ijaws, in orgin/decendentsand in language. The igbos will always deny this but time will tell.
So Ijaws are in 7 states.

Bro what is there to deny?
This is my first of hearing it though but if you have your fact drop it. (I’m talking about the Akwetes)
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by ignitewatch(m): 4:45pm On Aug 16, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
Oma Ebu wé Che?
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Kfed4ril(m): 4:47pm On Aug 16, 2019
Ctorch:

Nothing of such.

They are purely Edo people.

Bros Nawa for you o.

Edo is Yoruba, but a tiny bit of Igbo can’t be found in Edo According to you.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by ignitewatch(m): 4:47pm On Aug 16, 2019
babyfaceafrica:

I agree..... Ka wé re?
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Kfed4ril(m): 4:49pm On Aug 16, 2019
einsteine:
My mom Uneme (Akoko edo, Edo).

My dad Ukwuani (Delta).

I hope the attache by force people from across the Niger can see that Ukwuani is a separate ethnic group of its own.

Also, the idiots from Ondo state who think Akoko Edo (a misnomer) is a subset of Yoruba can see for themselves. Akoko Edo has over 12 tribes, none of which is Yoruba. They are on the border with Ondo State, hence the Yoruba names some of them answer atimes.

Bros attaché by force but una Dey answer our names.
Nobody is attaching with you guys just stop answering Igbo names. Simple
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Kfed4ril(m): 4:51pm On Aug 16, 2019
einsteine:

Not true. Igbanke has names like Osaigbovo, Ogbemudia, Osaro,

What do those names mean in Igbo?

I don’t know if you were on NL sometime last year when a guy from igbanke posted his wedding IV, that was what prompted me to research on igbanke people of Edo State.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Kfed4ril(m): 4:53pm On Aug 16, 2019
raindroup:
Only in delta we have have more than 20 language and I am only see Isoko Delta lsekiri (Itsekiri) Delta angry

By the way I can't find ijaw, urhobo, okpe, on the list undecided

Check 172
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Ctorch: 4:53pm On Aug 16, 2019
Revolva:

Pls stop this please you are misleading people where have u heard a large population of igala in anambra if not for d broder side which is just 1percent speaker a place you are not from you know better than us that are igalas by tribe

Again what do you mean large population of igbos in kogi where na u out them there or wat stop misleading people

Large population of Yoruba from Edo

Well all I know Yoruba ancestry are from Benin but not Benin from Yoruba

Cc
Deadly truth.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Kfed4ril(m): 4:53pm On Aug 16, 2019
raindroup:
Only in delta we have have more than 20 language and I am only see Isoko Delta lsekiri (Itsekiri) Delta angry

By the way I can't find ijaw, urhobo, okpe, on the list undecided

Check 172 for ijaw
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Ctorch: 4:53pm On Aug 16, 2019
Deadlytruth:

The only people to whom Edos have close blood ties are the Urhobos and Isokos. All else you hear are fabrications for political profiling.

Alright........You win..

Don't know what to believe again.
Revolva:

Stop.being a bigot there r igalas shared by boundary to Anambra ok and google nzam community and also google ette in enugu they are igalas speaking

Why is anambra broadcasting reading news in igala after English Igbo is igala they use next you guys are just biased you know noting about igala history with Igbo before state of creation divided everybody

Maybe you are just a kid go and ask an elderly anambra man especially those from anambra north aguleri and see how them and igalas know themselves

Cos ur own part of anambra is not close to the border of ibaji in kogi that why

Google things and read ok

For your information no Igbo in kogi state ok the ibaji people are not igbos o they are igalas from.idah that settle in that zone because some of them adopted Igbo name does not.make Dem igbos ok

I know my people

Illushi is igala also they are originally from.idah and ibaji who settled there across the river Niger and they were also with ebu who are now carved to oshimili north in delta

It's was when state creation began every body was seperated we were carved to anambra border Edo and Delta

That is igala for you

Same way you know your people in Igala is the same way I know my people in anambra.

wait oh? By the way are you from Anambra to dictate to us where Igala is?

Times without number, u guys are bent on selling propaganda to Achieve your aim.

Igala might be in Enugu, delta, edo not arguable but Anambra you have to go and check your statistics again.

Pls sir or madam, say what you know.

If there is any Igala in anambra, he should come out and say so if not your claim is as false as lie Mohammed.

Imagine!!

Igbos are not done with afonja , na Igala go carry hatred come dey give us headache by trying to disorganize us.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Ctorch: 4:59pm On Aug 16, 2019
Kfed4ril:

Bros Nawa for you o.

Edo is Yoruba, but a tiny bit of Igbo can’t be found in Edo According to you.

Not in any way.

Igbos are not in Edo.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Kfed4ril(m): 5:02pm On Aug 16, 2019
Deadlytruth:

I wonder for these Igbo ignoramuses online o! They say Edo is Yoruba despite they can't mention just one Edo town to which Yorubas are indigenous. Ironically they even claim Delta State with its Yoruboid Itsekiri and Olukunmi people is an Igboid State. Confused clowns.

Bros wetin Igbo do you? You can clearly see the Yoruba guys plus the mod trying to attach edo to Yoruba but you just had to put Igbo in your message.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by anzaku47(m): 5:02pm On Aug 16, 2019
My Eggon is in Nasarawa not Plateau... Mean while please go and update the list.
Thanks.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Kfed4ril(m): 5:08pm On Aug 16, 2019
Ctorch:

keep deceiving yourself in this 21st century.

What can be see and cleary dottted with simple eye is what you trying to deny by bringing politics to a nice submission and little Omission.

The similarities shared between yoruba and edos is just beyond simple eye and even to the layman cannot bee denied.

is it names, pronunciation, title, skin, dynasty, history....Mr what are you arguing for christ sake??

There is no political correctness but facts. If there is/are any difference is minimal but on greater scale can be converged.

moreover I didn't say it first, it was even a mod that said that anyway.

The same mod said kogi to igbo you no gree but you are now using the same mod as reference to the Yoruba to edo and you want make we believe.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Revolva(m): 5:19pm On Aug 16, 2019
Ctorch:

Same way you know your people in Igala is the same way I know my people in anambra.

wait oh? By the way are you from Anambra to dictate to us where Igala is?

Times without number, u guys are bent on selling propaganda to Achieve your aim.

Igala might be in Enugu, delta, edo not arguable but Anambra you have to go and check your statistics again.

Pls sir or madam, say what you know.

If there is any Igala in anambra, he should come out and say so if not your claim is as false as lie Mohammed.

Imagine!!

Igbos are not done with afonja , na Igala go carry hatred come dey give us headache by trying to disorganize us.

The wat you write show you are a bigot you are a tribalist and a hater

Why do you hate other tribe for the fun of it here

Look at you shame so you don't know in anambra they broadcast igala language as a third language after reading new go ask anybody who is living in anambra

Go and also read how igalas influenced some part of anambra culture and enugu

See you are just blinded by state created you don't know onitsha and idah were in the same province before anambra was created and Geo political zone was created in Nigeria

You are a kid that is why go and ask an elderly anambra man he will tell you the truth

I have friend from aguleri lga they all know igalas well and because of the closeness igalas have been with their community over a long time they say good things about igalas a lot and because of that they find me as a good friend

I have family friend who are igbos but from igala ancestry they don't speak igala anymore but they trace their root they are from nteje in anambra

While d igala people who are now in nzam community especially igbeudo are ibajis who were carved to anambra state

Go read about onitsha history how igalas and benins played part to make it what it is today
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Ctorch: 5:25pm On Aug 16, 2019
Revolva:

The wat you write show you are a bigot you are a tribalist and a hater

Why do you hate other tribe for the fun of it here

Look at you shame so you don't know in anambra they broadcast igala language as a third language after reading new go ask anybody who is living in anambra

Go and also read how igalas influenced some part of anambra culture and enugu

See you are just blinded by state created you don't know onitsha and idah were in the same province before anambra was created and Geo political zone was created in Nigeria

You are a kid that is why go and ask an elderly anambra man he will tell you the truth

I have friend from aguleri lga they all know igalas well and because of the closeness igalas have been with their community over a long time they say good things about igalas a lot and because of that they find me as a good friend

I have family friend who are igbos but from igala ancestry they don't speak igala anymore but they trace their root they are from nteje in anambra

While d igala people who are now in nzam community especially igbeudo are ibajis who were carved to anambra state

Go read about onitsha history how igalas and benins played part to make it what it is today

Nobody should take this guy serious...he is on a very powerful mission.

Every single write up here is nothing but lies.

I don't know where he is from but his body language doesn't mean well for us.

Be warned.

To be forewarned, is to be fore armed.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by pawesome(m): 5:30pm On Aug 16, 2019
tommyken:

Your brain must be filled with shit, The white man was even helping to unify as one.

you call a nation with that number dialect or whatsoever to be united in one?. Then where is the unity.. How many years of independence? How many years of democracy? No single unity at sight and you claim its for unity?
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by pawesome(m): 5:32pm On Aug 16, 2019
Offpoint:

White man brought tribe to you?

JESUS, I CANNOT CAN....
sorry..meant white man tried bringing us together as one but these things called tribes or ethnicity or dialect is keeping us far apart than trying to keep us together
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by pawesome(m): 5:33pm On Aug 16, 2019
Guapismo:

The white men didn't divide Africa into tribes, it's based on cultural and linguistic differences
the whole idea was to bring unity but as you can see, is keeping us far apart than actually bringing us together
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by pawesome(m): 5:34pm On Aug 16, 2019
sylve11:

una too do over sabi for this country.

informative @ op. keep it up. cool
look around you.. What has tribes or ethnicity or whatsoever brought to you? Please enlighten me

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply)

Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date / Amaechi: "I Go Shoot Am O! No Talk Atiku, Say Bagudu" - At APC Campaign In Kebbi / Pictures As Peter Obi Campaigns In Ekpoma, Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.