Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,390 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria (48342 Views)

PDP Presidential Primary: Atiku Gets 371 Votes, Wike Gets 231 Votes / Full List Of 371 Tribes In Nigeria. Check Where You Belong. / Full List Of The 371 Tribes In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Thane(m): 11:38pm On Aug 16, 2019
Houstency:

No Sir, the Igalas in Anambra and Enugu States are even more pronounced than the rest of the listed states. The Igalas in Anambra occupy the Anambra West and East Local Governments. The second youngest commissioner in Anambra is Bonaventure Enemali (an Igala name) appointed by Gov. Obiano from Anambra East Local Government. Read up about Nzam and Igboekenyi communities. Regards

Hold up bro, the Igalla is Anambra state is just in a part of Anambra west LGA and not the whole of Anambra West and East as you wrote here. Its sacrilegious to say that sef, because the origin of the Igbo is from Anambra East ie Omambala river banks. History is revered, be sure bfore you post things.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by sykeng(m): 11:40pm On Aug 16, 2019
Kfed4ril:

Oga shut up, it was called an Igbo coup because the main coup plotter was an Igbo man Nzeogwu nothing more.

Na so children dey insult their father for nairaland ?sorry ooo bros, it was just my opinion.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Naturalobserver(m): 11:45pm On Aug 16, 2019
GAJIT:

Oboshan
owalen grin
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:06am On Aug 17, 2019
Some people seems to be dragging this Nzam are Igala issue, more than the Igbo's are about Ibaji. Nzam is bilingual with Igbo and Igala elements, but undoubtedly the Igbo connection to Nzam supercedes the Igala connection. From it's Igbo aboriginal status to her dominant language. We agree that Igala founded most Igbo towns along the banks of the Niger, like Odekpe in Ogbaru and even a quarter in Onitsha, but these communities have lost every links to Igala.
Most Igala people are much interested in Nzam to even accept the Igbo affiliation with the Ibaji people. Igbo's don't go about dragging the Ibaji people even though they also speak Igbo as a second language.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by GreatGraceGospel: 1:55am On Aug 17, 2019
This info is nice. Thanks. I hv saved it and wl be refering to it regularly.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Revolva(m): 7:22am On Aug 17, 2019
agadez007:
They are no more igala but Igbo now as they have naturalized and are now 100% Igbo,Igala did not found Nzam Town so it is wrong to call them igala,it was and is still an Igbo town where some igala people came to settle down,they are just bilingual
Respect the real owners of the land

A quarter in my hometown migrated from Ohafia today they are no more Ohafians,they are now from my town,though they know their history but that's all in the past now,they can't come and claim that our town is Ohafia,mbanu

when you add pepper and salt to Egusi soup,it's not Egusi,salt and pepper soup,it's still Egusi soup

got it?

Story who told you they are now igbos I laugh your face

The only time if they can be called true igbos is when they don't speak igalas anymore and don't bear igala names

People I know that speak and do all igala cultures and practices are still igalas ok if they are now igbos there won't be any reason to say igalas are in anambra

You guys are funny go to ette in enugu and tell the igalas and idomas living there that they are igbos they will laugh at you .they are settlers from kogi who settled there due to farming so as nzam people ok

Chiwude:
Some people seems to be dragging this Nzam are Igala issue, more than the Igbo's are about Ibaji. Nzam is bilingual with Igbo and Igala elements, but undoubtedly the Igbo connection to Nzam supercedes the Igala connection. From it's Igbo aboriginal status to her dominant language. We agree that Igala founded most Igbo towns along the banks of the Niger, like Odekpe in Ogbaru and even a quarter in Onitsha, but these communities have lost every links to Igala.
Most Igala people are much interested in Nzam to even accept the Igbo affiliation with the Ibaji people. Igbo's don't go about dragging the Ibaji people even though they also speak Igbo as a second language.

Well said but how can Igbo claim ibaji hahaha ibaji are from idah and they settled close to the river Niger after the attah of igala sent them to a war to fight the Benin which later they settled across the river Niger where they are today which is southern part of igala kingdom

Also remmeber some part of igala land share ancestry with igbos

How can an Igbo claim and drag ibaji for wat na I aji only learnt Igbo just because of trading practises amongst them it's not like everyone in ibaji knows how to speak Igbo it's only some of them close to the anambra border so don't say every body in ibaji speaks Igbo ...it's a big lie

http://www.aka-ikenga.com/2007/03/anambra-is-ancestral-home-of-igalas.html?m=1

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/500-years-of-igalas-in-enugu.html

http://naijawacky..com/2016/09/ibaji-theland-and-thepeople-jacobapeh.html?m=1

Igala and Igbo have important historical, ancestral and cultural relationships.
Angulu(1981) note that Igala and Igbo have important historical, ancestral and cultural relationships. Eri is said to be the original legendary cultural head of the Umu-eri, a subgroup of the Igbo people. Eri migrated from southern Egypt through the Igala area, settled, and established a community in the middle of Anambra river valley (at Eri-aka) in Aguleri where he married two wives. The first wife, Nneamakụ, bore him five children. The first was Agulu, the founder of Aguleri (The ancestral head of Eri Kingdom clans) (the Ezeora dynasty that has produced 34 kings till date in Enugwu Aguleri), the second was Menri, the founder of Umunri / Kingdom of Nri, followed by Onugu, the founder of Igbariam and Ogbodulu, the founder of Amanuke. The fifth one was a daughter called Iguedo, who is said to have borne the founders of Nteje, and Awkuzu, Ogbunike, Umuleri, Nando and Ogboli in Onitsha. As one of the children of Eri, Menri migrated from Aguleri, which was and still is, the ancestral temple of the entire Umu-Eri (Umu-Eri and Umu-Nri). His second wife Oboli begot Ọnọja, the only son who founded the Igala Kingdom in Kogi

1 Like

Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by pawesome(m): 8:01am On Aug 17, 2019
tommyken:

See dont just blame the white man for your failure because they tried their best. China and most Asia countries were colonized but are they not developed today. When the white men came they saw too many tribes and try to bring them together as one single country but when they left it was war, looting and fight for tribe supramacy.
wait ..you just said China... grin
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by babyfaceafrica: 8:11am On Aug 17, 2019
mrnate:
My tribe CHAWAI (KADUNA) isn't there
which language do you guys speak?..Hausa or fulbe. or do you guys have ur own language
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Ctorch: 8:20am On Aug 17, 2019
Revolva:

Story who told you they are now igbos I laugh your face

The only time if they can be called true igbos is when they don't speak igalas anymore and don't bear igala names

People I know that speak and do all igala cultures and practices are still igalas ok if they are now igbos there won't be any reason to say igalas are in anambra

You guys are funny go to ette in enugu and tell the igalas and idomas living there that they are igbos they will laugh at you .they are settlers from kogi who settled there due to farming so as nzam people ok

Well said but how can Igbo claim ibaji hahaha ibaji are from idah and they settled close to the river Niger after the attah of igala sent them to a war to fight the Benin which later they settled across the river Niger where they are today which is southern part of igala kingdom

Also remmeber some part of igala land share ancestry with igbos

How can an Igbo claim and drag ibaji for wat na I aji only learnt Igbo just because of trading practises amongst them it's not like everyone in ibaji knows how to speak Igbo it's only some of them close to the anambra border so don't say every body in ibaji speaks Igbo ...it's a big lie

http://www.aka-ikenga.com/2007/03/anambra-is-ancestral-home-of-igalas.html?m=1

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/500-years-of-igalas-in-enugu.html

http://naijawacky..com/2016/09/ibaji-theland-and-thepeople-jacobapeh.html?m=1

Igala and Igbo have important historical, ancestral and cultural relationships.
Angulu(1981) note that Igala and Igbo have important historical, ancestral and cultural relationships. Eri is said to be the original legendary cultural head of the Umu-eri, a subgroup of the Igbo people. Eri migrated from southern Egypt through the Igala area, settled, and established a community in the middle of Anambra river valley (at Eri-aka) in Aguleri where he married two wives. The first wife, Nneamakụ, bore him five children. The first was Agulu, the founder of Aguleri (The ancestral head of Eri Kingdom clans) (the Ezeora dynasty that has produced 34 kings till date in Enugwu Aguleri), the second was Menri, the founder of Umunri / Kingdom of Nri, followed by Onugu, the founder of Igbariam and Ogbodulu, the founder of Amanuke. The fifth one was a daughter called Iguedo, who is said to have borne the founders of Nteje, and Awkuzu, Ogbunike, Umuleri, Nando and Ogboli in Onitsha. As one of the children of Eri, Menri migrated from Aguleri, which was and still is, the ancestral temple of the entire Umu-Eri (Umu-Eri and Umu-Nri). His second wife Oboli begot Ọnọja, the only son who founded the Igala Kingdom in Kogi

Look for another state to claim but not anambra.

Such claim is dead on arrival.

Anambra is a full blown Igbo town and nothing will chage that, not even those peddling lies online.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Revolva(m): 8:44am On Aug 17, 2019
Ctorch:

Look for another state to claim but not anambra.

Such claim is dead on arrival.

Anambra is a full blown Igbo town and nothing will chage that, not even those peddling lies online.

I truly know anambra is 99% Igbo I don't argue with that

All am saying that there are igalas there 1% simple truth you won't accept it is it paining you Mr anambra

Even the 1st son of anambra Willie obiano knows that then who are you a nobody

Get lost from my mention

Bigot
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Ctorch: 8:53am On Aug 17, 2019
Revolva:

I truly know anambra is 99% Igbo I don't argue with that

All am saying that there are igalas there 1% simple truth you won't accept it is it paining you Mr anambra

Even the 1st son of anambra Willie obiano knows that then who are you a nobody

Get lost from my mention

Bigot

If you looking for possible coherence, I will then advice you to look up west.

Igala and yorubas have so much in common. I think you may have mistaken yoruba for igbos.

The kogi statof today is just a n enclave of yoruba, Igala and the rest and of which Igala and has yoruba has lived and inter married for years.

This is the history I know not the ones u circulating.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Revolva(m): 9:01am On Aug 17, 2019
Ctorch:

If you looking for possible coherence, I will then advice you to look up west.

Igala and yorubas have so much in common. I think you may have mistaken yoruba for igbos.

The kogi statof today is just a n enclave of yoruba, Igala and the rest and of which Igala and has yoruba has lived and inter married for years.

This is the history I know not the ones u circulating.

See igala language has element of Yoruba in it a few but I must tell you that igalas share ancestry with some igbos as I have proven the historical fact to you

From the Eri to onoja who founded idah

Kogi state is a state created by politics ok to assemble many tribe together because the igalas tibe can't be a state due to the population

So if you are saying igalas are closer to Yoruba well no wahala na you talk am but historical fact prove it that some igalas have ancestry with igbos

Simple

Again not all igalas have Igbo ancestry there are some other people that migrated to assemble in idah also there by adding up
Guy relax I will school you deeply on igalas ok you are just a bigot Igbo
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Ctorch: 9:34am On Aug 17, 2019
Revolva:

See igala language has element of Yoruba in it a few but I must tell you that igalas share ancestry with some igbos as I have proven the historical fact to you

From the Eri to onoja who founded idah

Kogi state is a state created by politics ok to assemble many tribe together because the igalas tibe can't be a state due to the population

So if you are saying igalas are closer to Yoruba well no wahala na you talk am but historical fact prove it that some igalas have ancestry with igbos

Simple

Again not all igalas have Igbo ancestry there are some other people that migrated to assemble in idah also there by adding up
Guy relax I will school you deeply on igalas ok you are just a bigot Igbo

school me because I won't sit here and watch u spread falsehood.
and those history if I may ask who wrote them??

don't forget history has been distorted over time.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by realoscar84(m): 10:54am On Aug 17, 2019
Why are so this bitter regarding Ebira etuno being regarded as part of larger Ebira ehnic groups bro? You made mention of Ebira etuno before veering into oshuku and talking about some part of calabar speaking the oshuku n so on, You said Ebira should face their kogi issue? But I am just hearing this for the first time from Ebira etuno. Both of us have always been very proud that we are seen as descendants of same ancestry na. Either for political conviniency or whatever, Between Ebira Okene n Etuno, Who does it benefit more to be seen as one people? I don't just understand this attempt to turn history upside down fa. Anyway who this history of being regarded as one self Epp.
Do enjoy ur weekend bro.

Deadlytruth:

You are rather the one who should stop speaking out of ignorance. Ebira is not even a language in the first instance but a dialect of the Oshuku Language. What is spoken by Igarra people is Etuno and not Ebira. Stop misinforming people. Leave Igarra people alone and face your Kogi State. You Ebiras must learn to stop this your tendency of trying to supplant the Oshuku generic name with Ebira. Igarra people are not a subset of Ebiras, rather they are as independent to themselves as Ebiras are to themselves too. In Cross River State there is an Oshuku speaking tribe there as well and they are not called Ebiras.
All this offensive attempts to reclassify Etunos as Ebiras is a recent politically motivated fraudulent development. Please stop it.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by realoscar84(m): 10:56am On Aug 17, 2019
Why are you this bitter regarding Ebira etuno being regarded as part of larger Ebira ehnic groups bro? You made mention of Ebira etuno before veering into oshuku and talking about some part of calabar speaking the oshuku n so on, You said Ebira should face their kogi issue? But I am just hearing this for the first time from Ebira etuno. Both of us have always been very proud that we are seen as descendants of same ancestry na. Either for political conviniency or whatever, Between Ebira Okene n Etuno, Who does it benefit more to be seen as one people? I don't just understand this attempt to turn history upside down fa. Anyway who this history of being regarded as one self Epp.
Do enjoy ur weekend bro.

Deadlytruth:

You are rather the one who should stop speaking out of ignorance. Ebira is not even a language in the first instance but a dialect of the Oshuku Language. What is spoken by Igarra people is Etuno and not Ebira. Stop misinforming people. Leave Igarra people alone and face your Kogi State. You Ebiras must learn to stop this your tendency of trying to supplant the Oshuku generic name with Ebira. Igarra people are not a subset of Ebiras, rather they are as independent to themselves as Ebiras are to themselves too. In Cross River State there is an Oshuku speaking tribe there as well and they are not called Ebiras.
All this offensive attempts to reclassify Etunos as Ebiras is a recent politically motivated fraudulent development. Please stop it.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Revolva(m): 11:41am On Aug 17, 2019
Ctorch:

school me because I won't sit here and watch u spread falsehood.
and those history if I may ask who wrote them??

don't forget history has been distorted over time.

Look am not saying igala owns anambra state that where u r wrong and being a bigot

Must every state be occupied by a single tribe

Look at Delta State Edo state kogi state rivers and other state

There are other tribe which makes Dem and all other states in naija also

But anambra is 99 percent Igbo no doubt truth there r few igalas amongst Dem but you are here doubting it am I the one that force them there they were there because of proximity and have been there even before you and I was born hundred years ago and they speak igala till date so you mean they are not igala abi people that know where they came from in kogi and even the attah of igala is aware of this

Do you think attah of igala and obi of onitsha are not good friends

Forget politics and think like a human being shame on you

May that demonic bigotry in ur heart be wipe off cos you are part of the bigger problem we have in Nigeria
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Ctorch: 1:55pm On Aug 17, 2019
Revolva:

Look am not saying igala owns anambra state that where u r wrong and being a bigot

Must every state be occupied by a single tribe

Look at Delta State Edo state kogi state rivers and other state

There are other tribe which makes Dem and all other states in naija also

But anambra is 99 percent Igbo no doubt truth there r few igalas amongst Dem but you are here doubting it am I the one that force them there they were there because of proximity and have been there even before you and I was born hundred years ago and they speak igala till date so you mean they are not igala abi people that know where they came from in kogi and even the attah of igala is aware of this

Do you think attah of igala and obi of onitsha are not good friends

Forget politics and think like a human being shame on you

May that demonic bigotry in ur heart be wipe off cos you are part of the bigger problem we have in Nigeria

Maybe they should be carved back to kogi state.

Give 2 Igala name in anambra Abeg..
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Revolva(m): 2:09pm On Aug 17, 2019
Ctorch:

Haha they wished to be carved back if they agree it's their problem ok not yours

What do you mean 2 igala names in anambra

Former actor Pat Attah is of igala but from anambra state he once confessed that his father told him that they were from kogi who settled in anambra

Just to mention a few I know Dem weller around me

Any anambra person bearing names non similar to Igbo names like Attah especially is from igala and also there is a clan in awka also who traces their root to igala

Look I will scho you about Igbo tribe

So don't you confuse ur self claming all igbos are from one ancestry na lie

Igbos came from different source ..some have Benin ancestry some have pure Igbo ancestry very few have idoma igala ancestry especially the northern igbos bordering anambra and enugu

Mr Man. Just go and research more
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Deadlytruth(m): 3:48pm On Aug 17, 2019
realoscar84:
Why are you this bitter regarding Ebira etuno being regarded as part of larger Ebira ehnic groups bro? You made mention of Ebira etuno before veering into oshuku and talking about some part of calabar speaking the oshuku n so on, You said Ebira should face their kogi issue? But I am just hearing this for the first time from Ebira etuno. Both of us have always been very proud that we are seen as descendants of same ancestry na. Either for political conviniency or whatever, Between Ebira Okene n Etuno, Who does it benefit more to be seen as one people? I don't just understand this attempt to turn history upside down fa. Anyway who this history of being regarded as one self Epp.
Do enjoy ur weekend bro.

Why are you yourself upset and troubled by the revelation that there is actually nothing like 'Ebira Etuno'? That coinage is nothing but a very recent fraudulent revisionist tale embarked upon by Ebiras with the intent of replacing the Oshuku appelation with the term 'Ebira' in their quest for greater political relevance at the national level owing to their loss of such at the demise of military rule in 1999.
Etunos are not a subset of Ebiras at all but are rather of co-ordinate status within the Oshuku Descendants group. Get it now?
And if it is not all politically motivated, why do you people leave out the Oshuku Descendants in Cross River State in this your rather queer quest to subsume everyone under the Ebira appelation? It is obviously because they are geographically too far away to be useful to this your quest for a larger political relevance at the national level. Simple!

I spent the first 33 years of my life without hearing anything like Ebira-Etuno. In fact while Ebiras enjoyed national relevance and patronage from the militaristic Northern Oligarchy during military rule, they used to label Etunos as 'annavi' which literally means bush people and savages. They would mock the Etuno language as inferior and unintelligible by spoofing their pronounciations. But once military rule ended and the relevance became threatened both nationally and within the politics of Kogi State, we suddenly began to hear things like 'Ebira-Etuno, Ebira vonya, Oshuku Ebira, blah blah blah blah"
If at all the Oshuku appelation has to be replaced, then it should be with Etuno since
according to the Oshuku migrational history, the Etunos' patriach was the eldest of the four brothers and that Etuno was the
originally intended destination as they moved away from Opoto land. It therefore doesn't really make sense for the descendants of the second born who settled along the way to assume control and impose their whims and caprices over those of the first born who took the pains to get to the originally agreed promised land. It is all together rubbish.

1 Like

Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Deadlytruth(m): 4:03pm On Aug 17, 2019
nonaira:

Is it today you found out that Deadlytruth is an igbo hating Tribalist. The dude knew exactly who made the claim as there is nobody on NL that isn't aware the identity of the mod. The guy is just a bigot and had to display his igbo hating trait. He ended up just making a damn fool of himself.
I guess you have not noticed the Edophobic Igbo tribal bigots who inspired in me a retaliatory hatred for Igbos, right? You are rather the one making a fool of yourself by being economical with a truth you know deep down in you. Where were you when your Igbo brothers started it all by beginning to profile Edo State people and labelling us traitors, calling them Fulanis and Yorubas of the SS, saying Edo is a SW or even NC State and all other abusive utterances just over their choice of APC government at the state level. Some of us put it before them back then that their own Rochas Okorocha was of the APC too but the hypocrites kept on bashing Edo all the same. Despite all that provocation no Edo person ever claimed that Imo state People are the Yorubas and Fulanis of the SE neither did we deride them as being part of the NC for being an APC controlled state under Rochas Okorocha..yet you expect me to be Igbo loving and even send thank you cards to those Edophobic Igbo monikers here on NL? You must be a commedian. You Igbos cannot take one tenth of the shit you throw at others effortlessly. The day you folks stop your resentment against Edo for their political choices is the day my Igbophobia will seize.
Any baby which decides that his mother will not sleep must himself stay awake to achieve that.

1 Like

Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Eje2019: 4:08pm On Aug 17, 2019
Adukpe19:
Oga, check 103
you spelled it wrongly that is why I don't notice it. Igede is the right spelling
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Deadlytruth(m): 4:23pm On Aug 17, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Exactly, every single statement he makes if igbo no enter that means he hasn't started.

That's why I allowed him to be fooling himself with long epistle.

He is not noticed neither do we give a fucccck of where he crawls out from.

Mr. Double Standards, kindly tell us where you were when your brothers started it all beginning from 2015 by launching a campaign of caulumny against Edo State over the outcome of the 2015 presidential election results in the State by which Buhari scored 40% to Jonathan's 60% and which, according to your kinsmen here on NL, was too much for Buhari from a SS state.
I personally reminded them how they too have as a tribe alway given over 70% votes thus outright victory to Hausafulanis or their Southern stooges over Southerners in all federal elections from independence to 2007 but they wouldn't let reason prevail over emotions. So put yourself in my shoes and see if you would develop love for such a tribe which gets provoked not even because their preferred candidate lost in your State but that he won with a margin of not up to 90%. Be honest.

1 Like

Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 17, 2019
Deadlytruth:

Mr. Double Standards, kindly tell us where you were when your brothers started it all beginning from 2015 by launching a campaign of caulumny against Edo State over the outcome of the 2015 presidential election results in the State by which Buhari scored 40% to Jonathan's 60% and which, according to your kinsmen here on NL, was too much for Buhari from a SS state.
I personally reminded them how they too have as a tribe alway given over 70% votes thus outright victory to Hausafulanis or their Southern stooges over Southerners in all federal elections from independence to 2007 but they wouldn't let reason prevail over emotions. So put yourself in my shoes and see if you would develop love for such a tribe which gets provoked not even because their preferred candidate lost in your State but that he won with a margin of not up to 90%. Be honest.

This just hatred not even allegation.

The whole write up is full of hate.

Haba.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by realoscar84(m): 6:34pm On Aug 17, 2019
08038903491 let's chat. We are all learning. It's all love bro. No bitterness on my part

quote author=Deadlytruth post=81339161]

Why are you yourself upset and troubled by the revelation that there is actually nothing like 'Ebira Etuno'? That coinage is nothing but a very recent fraudulent revisionist tale embarked upon by Ebiras with the intent of replacing the Oshuku appelation with the term 'Ebira' in their quest for greater political relevance at the national level owing to their loss of such at the demise of military rule in 1999.
Etunos are not a subset of Ebiras at all but are rather of co-ordinate status within the Oshuku Descendants group. Get it now?
And if it is not all politically motivated, why do you people leave out the Oshuku Descendants in Cross River State in this your rather queer quest to subsume everyone under the Ebira appelation? It is obviously because they are geographically too far away to be useful to this your quest for a larger political relevance at the national level. Simple!

I spent the first 33 years of my life without hearing anything like Ebira-Etuno. In fact while Ebiras enjoyed national relevance and patronage from the militaristic Northern Oligarchy during military rule, they used to label Etunos as 'annavi' which literally means bush people and savages. They would mock the Etuno language as inferior and unintelligible by spoofing their pronounciations. But once military rule ended and the relevance became threatened both nationally and within the politics of Kogi State, we suddenly began to hear things like 'Ebira-Etuno, Ebira vonya, Oshuku Ebira, blah blah blah blah"
If at all the Oshuku appelation has to be replaced, then it should be with Etuno since
according to the Oshuku migrational history, the Etunos' patriach was the eldest of the four brothers and that Etuno was the
originally intended destination as they moved away from Opoto land. It therefore doesn't really make sense for the descendants of the second born who settled along the way to assume control and impose their whims and caprices over those of the first born who took the pains to get to the originally agreed promised land. It is all together rubbish. [/quote]
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Thane(m): 8:37pm On Aug 17, 2019
Revolva:

Haha they wished to be carved back if they agree it's their problem ok not yours

What do you mean 2 igala names in anambra

Former actor Pat Attah is of igala but from anambra state he once confessed that his father told him that they were from kogi who settled in anambra

Just to mention a few I know Dem weller around me

Any anambra person bearing names non similar to Igbo names like Attah especially is from igala and also there is a clan in awka also who traces their root to igala

Look I will scho you about Igbo tribe

So don't you confuse ur self claming all igbos are from one ancestry na lie

Igbos came from different source ..some have Benin ancestry some have pure Igbo ancestry very few have idoma igala ancestry especially the northern igbos bordering anambra and enugu

Mr Man. Just go and research more

Bro stop replying that guy. its a shame an adult is talking like that, I don't understand how some people think that state boundaries defines tribes and people. An Onitsha man in Anambra state is more related to an Igbuzor man in Delta state than an Umuoji man in same anambra.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 17, 2019
Ctorch:

Do u know old abs onitsha?
When I was small, I used to listen to their greeting request programme.
There is one called igala dume( I don't know if I got it right)
Then after the main news in igbo, they still broadcast news in igala.
That was the first time I heard of igala.
As I grew up, I met friends from anam and it's environs that said they have igala people as part of them.

There is always spillage when we have 2 different tribes living around boundaries.
There are few ijaw people in anambra state too.
No state in Nigeria is an island actually.
There is nothing wrong with that.
It's just that we are not matured and developed enough to see everybody as one.
Go to China, u think they have only one ethnic group or India?
They have grown above ethnicity.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Truckpusher(m): 8:55pm On Aug 17, 2019
You have only two tribes in Nigeria - The rich and the poor.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 17, 2019
pawesome:
wait ..you just said China... grin
Yes China was conquered and controled by the Japanese which is worst than colonization.If the chineses had sit down like you to blame the Japanese they wont have made any progress.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Kfed4ril(m): 11:28pm On Aug 17, 2019
sykeng:

Na so children dey insult their father for nairaland ?sorry ooo bros, it was just my opinion.

Sorry for the insult.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Kfed4ril(m): 11:33pm On Aug 17, 2019
nairamaniac:

Dont politely insulting.

U are the one being ignorant here. Kano state is first 3states in Nigeria when it comes to commerce&trade.
And igbos dominate commerce and trade in Nigeria above every other tribe.

I personally dont think that kogi or Kano should be mentioned in this case

If u wanna mention kogi, u should as well mention China.

For their are lots if aba boys in China sewing most of the pirated designer cloths flocking into the country.

Your own is even out of point, we are talking indigenous people you are talk of resident, have you ever seen anybody on NL claim that we have indigenous igbos in Kano?
If you don’t know kogi shares border with Anambra, Enugu and Ebonyi so the indigenous Igbo in kogi I’m talking about are those villages in kogi that is close to Anambra but it’s in kogi, and the speak Igbo and bear Igbo names.

1 Like

Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Deadlytruth(m): 6:15am On Aug 18, 2019
MelesZenawi:

This just hatred not even allegation.

The whole write up is full of hate.

Haba.

I guess it was out of love your brothers launched that campaign of caulumny against Edos who under normal circumstances mind their business and don't concern themselves with the affairs of others?
If you want the links to the over 50 of those threads in which Igbos started that hate campaign against Edo State just because of bitterness over the 2015 election results statistics from the state, I will gladly furnish you with them.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Elose11(m): 7:01am On Aug 18, 2019
Where is Ishibori (Ogoja) in Cross River?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply)

Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date / Amaechi: "I Go Shoot Am O! No Talk Atiku, Say Bagudu" - At APC Campaign In Kebbi / Pictures As Peter Obi Campaigns In Ekpoma, Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.