Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,419 members, 7,819,513 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Best Performing States In 2019 WAEC (See List) - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Best Performing States In 2019 WAEC (See List) (38479 Views)

See List Of Aides Of Students Union President Of Akwa Ibom State University / 10 Best Performing States & Regions In WAEC 2021 / WAEC Releases Chart Of Best Performing States In 2019 WASSCE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Go Down)

Re: Best Performing States In 2019 WAEC (See List) by Teymanhenry(f): 6:39pm On Aug 16, 2019
Exam malpractice in the East is the highest I've ever seen. A student who doesn't understand English be bagging A's in her subjects... No wonder they'd be on top table here
Re: Best Performing States In 2019 WAEC (See List) by ScotMisile: 6:45pm On Aug 16, 2019
OP IS A LIAR THE GIRL IS FROM MBAISE ,IMO STATE, NIGERIA. EVEN GOVERNOR EMEKA IHEDIOHA HAS GIVEN SCHOLARSHIPS.
BOTH FIRST AND SECOND COMES FROM IMO STATE.

A teenage damsel may have just entered Guinness Book of Records with the most amazing result the West African Examination Council (WAEC) has ever seen.

Ugboaja Chizobam Stephany 16 years old teenager, a graduating student of Jesuit Memorial College Port Harcourt, has come out impeccably triumphantly at the just concluded West African Senior Schools Certificate Examination (WASSCE), as she scooped a stunning nine Alphas/Distinctions across all the nine subjects she sat for.

Family Writers Press gathered that, the Imo state born academic genius emerged the youngest best WAEC candidate in this history of WAEC, joining a long list of other Igbo geniuses who have dominated the West Africans regional examinations body in over two decades.

The young girl whose brain is inarguably on fire acquired A(s) in subjects ranging from: Further Mathematics, General Mathematics, English Language, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Civic Education, Economics and Data Processing. The teenager told Family Writers Press that she hails from Ezinihitte Mbaise in Imo state and will be eager to meet her state Governor.

Reported By Paul Ihechi Alagba,

Family Writers Press Correspondent

Source: https://www.easterntimes.co/2019/07/28/16-years-old-igbo-girl-emerges-youngest-best-waec-candidate-2019/
Re: Best Performing States In 2019 WAEC (See List) by deji17: 6:45pm On Aug 16, 2019
Anambralstson:

Show credible link Mr man
@waecnigeria is the official twitter handle of Waec in Nigeria.

Re: Best Performing States In 2019 WAEC (See List) by ScotMisile: 6:49pm On Aug 16, 2019
MelesZenawi:
Buhari's Katsina Among Bottom Five As Abia, Anambra, Edo Emerge Best Performing States In 2019 West African Council Examination

Abia, Anambra and Edo states led other Nigerian states in the 2019 performance ranking chart of the West African Examination Council.

The chart, as released by the examination board, ranked the performances of all 36 states including the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja in the country.

While Abia, Anambra, and Edo states topped the chart, Jigawa, Zamfara and Yobe states sit at the bottom three.

According to the chart, Lagos State is the only state in the South-West that made the top 10.

Kaduna emerged as the best northern state sitting at the 12th position overall.

Also, bandits-ravaged Zamfara managed to occupy the 36th position leaving the bottom slot for Yobe State.

The top 10 performing states at the 2019 examination are Abia, Anambra, Edo, Rivers, Imo, Lagos, Bayelsa, Delta, Enugu, and Ebonyi.

While Adamawa, Osun, Sokoto, Bauchi, Kebbi, Katsina, Gombe, Jigawa, Zamfara, and Yobe occupy the bottom 10 of the chart.

Full Ranking

Abia
Anambra
Edo
Rivers
Imo
Lagos
Bayelsa
Delta
Enugu
Ebonyi
Ekiti
Kaduna
Ondo
Abuja
Kogi
Benue
Akwa Ibom
Kwara
Ogun
Cross River
Taraba
Plateau
Nasarawa
Kano
Borno
Oyo
Niger
Adamawa
Osun
Sokoto
Bauchi
Kebbi
Katsina
Gombe
Jigawa
Zamfara
Yobe.

According to data from the commission, over 1.6 million candidates sat the May/June 2019 WASSCE in Nigeria while 1,020,519 candidates representing 64.18% obtained credits and above in minimum of five (5) subjects including English Language and Mathematics and 1,309,570 candidates representing 82.35% obtained credit and above in a minimum of any five (5) subjects (that is, with or without English Language and/ or Mathematics.

Also, 180,205 candidates, representing 11.33% of the total number of candidates that sat the examination are being withheld in connection with various reported cases of examination malpractice.

A 16-year-old Nigerian girl, Ugboaja Chizobam Stephany who sat the 2019 examination, emerged the youngest best candidate in the history of the examination.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/08/16/buharis-katsina-among-bottom-five-abia-anambra-edo-emerge-best-performing-states-2019?fbclid=IwAR2rp3yT5ZlSUV_wS9FYdODN8zA9qUztAUDcG6-WNQpkNN1gSM4a739iLW0

A teenage damsel may have just entered Guinness Book of Records with the most amazing result the West African Examination Council (WAEC) has ever seen.

Ugboaja Chizobam Stephany 16 years old teenager, a graduating student of Jesuit Memorial College Port Harcourt, has come out impeccably triumphantly at the just concluded West African Senior Schools Certificate Examination (WASSCE), as she scooped a stunning nine Alphas/Distinctions across all the nine subjects she sat for.

Family Writers Press gathered that, the Imo state born academic genius emerged the youngest best WAEC candidate in this history of WAEC, joining a long list of other Igbo geniuses who have dominated the West Africans regional examinations body in over two decades.

The young girl whose brain is inarguably on fire acquired A(s) in subjects ranging from: Further Mathematics, General Mathematics, English Language, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Civic Education, Economics and Data Processing. The teenager told Family Writers Press that she hails from Ezinihitte Mbaise in Imo state and will be eager to meet her state Governor.

Reported By Paul Ihechi Alagba,

Family Writers Press Correspondent

Source: https://www.easterntimes.co/2019/07/28/16-years-old-igbo-girl-emerges-youngest-best-waec-candidate-2019/
(Quote) (Report) 1 Like (Like) 1 Share (Share)
Re: Best Performing States In 2019 WAEC (See List) by Nowenuse: 6:59pm On Aug 16, 2019
sonnyokpe:
Kogi and Benue are the best from the entire north. What appears to be good performance from Kaduna state is sheer number of Benue and Kogi indigenes that in large numbers there. The north need to wake up from deep sleep.

I sympathize with Osun state alot for where they have found themselves because all along Aregbe paid lip service to education there

The number of Kogi/Benue people staying in Kaduna is not enough for that. There are also many Kogi/Benue people in Jos-Plateau and Kano as well.

Kaduna state has always supported learning seriously. Southern Kaduna people are very educated, likewise Zaria too, known as a center for education for many centuries.
Re: Best Performing States In 2019 WAEC (See List) by Nowenuse: 7:09pm On Aug 16, 2019
Meti99:
Any northern state you see in numbers 1-20, go and check the results, it is aided by Southerners that live in those states

I disagree with you. Most middlebelt states fall in the middle of this ranking. There is no middlebelt state in the bottom 10, it's all core-northern states.
Besides, you cannot expect Kano & Kaduna to be in the same league with Zamfara & Sokoto.

Kano & Kaduna are the 2 most urbanized states with many Hausa fulanis. So it is not the presence of Southernerns that make these states rank higher, it is more or less the better urbanization which leads to higher education there.
Re: Best Performing States In 2019 WAEC (See List) by Emyben(m): 7:11pm On Aug 16, 2019
Baroba:
These kids from Abia / Imo Are just too hot, I went to school at Marist Brothers Okigwe, one of the best schools in Nigeria btw.. I still remember a kid who would easily answer any question you threw at him from Ababio ( Chemistry txt book).. kudos to them..

The bottom four in a nutshell shows you where our problem lies as a nation..

Where Mary brings Joy.
I went to Marist College, Nteje, Anambra too.
The brain is hot... Lol
Re: Best Performing States In 2019 WAEC (See List) by martowskin1(m): 7:34pm On Aug 16, 2019
Josco24685:
I served in anambra state. My greatest surprise was that, in my ppa they write on the board for their waec candidates during the examination giving them the answers. Education wise southeast are lacking behind. I can say it any where any time

I did my service at IFO OGUN state, see most of them can't even communicate in simple English.... I had serious communication issue with them because I don't understand Yoruba

As a warri guy, I felt everyone in Nigeria can speak pidgin at least.... But I was disappointed.

I and the principal had serious issues because I refuse to support the students during wassce and Jssce ....

Nigeria educational standard is crashing full time, stop commenting like one area is better than the other...

Accept what waec said and move on...

After all, APC rig, PDP rig..... INEC said APC won... Did we complain?
Re: Best Performing States In 2019 WAEC (See List) by LazyGold(m): 7:34pm On Aug 16, 2019
EdiAbali:

He won't do that, let me do it for him

Nigerians went to school in Europe and emerged the best graduating students

It doesn't take anything away from the whites that finished at the same schools

Moreover many Igbo go to school in South West

As far as I am concern South West is not lagging behind in gaining of admission into institutions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Performing States In 2019 WAEC (See List) by LazyGold(m): 7:38pm On Aug 16, 2019
EdiAbali:

He won't do that, let me do it for him

Nigerians went to school in Europe and emerged the best graduating students

As far as I am concern South West is not lagging behind in gaining of admission into institutions
Re: Best Performing States In 2019 WAEC (See List) by stanluiz(m): 7:45pm On Aug 16, 2019
Every Igbo state is in top ten. That great!

Where are the sopisvated ones that claim the most eduated cheesy they won't leave their brown roof for once to see other regions doing great things cheesy

Even osun and oyo state are competing with the north one bottom list. cheesy

Congratulations to the SS .
Edo, bayelsa and delta. Congrats.

1 Like

Re: Best Performing States In 2019 WAEC (See List) by Pardon75: 7:59pm On Aug 16, 2019
MelesZenawi:
what stops U from developing ur own special centers . Na bad belle go kill you

They done come.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Best Performing States In 2019 WAEC (See List) by Pardon75: 8:02pm On Aug 16, 2019
chiedozie198100:
brother wey mumu

i have witnessed WAEC exams in crossriver, benue, rivers and lagos.

and it was the same trend.

in rivers state, private schools charge u for MALPRACTICE MONEY. U pay it with ur school fees, they call it LOGISTICS fee.
Re: Best Performing States In 2019 WAEC (See List) by Psalmy2cute(m): 8:10pm On Aug 16, 2019
MelesZenawi:
Buhari's Katsina Among Bottom Five As Abia, Anambra, Edo Emerge Best Performing States In 2019 West African Council Examination

Abia, Anambra and Edo states led other Nigerian states in the 2019 performance ranking chart of the West African Examination Council.

The chart, as released by the examination board, ranked the performances of all 36 states including the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja in the country.

While Abia, Anambra, and Edo states topped the chart, Jigawa, Zamfara and Yobe states sit at the bottom three.

According to the chart, Lagos State is the only state in the South-West that made the top 10.

Kaduna emerged as the best northern state sitting at the 12th position overall.

Also, bandits-ravaged Zamfara managed to occupy the 36th position leaving the bottom slot for Yobe State.

The top 10 performing states at the 2019 examination are Abia, Anambra, Edo, Rivers, Imo, Lagos, Bayelsa, Delta, Enugu, and Ebonyi.

While Adamawa, Osun, Sokoto, Bauchi, Kebbi, Katsina, Gombe, Jigawa, Zamfara, and Yobe occupy the bottom 10 of the chart.

Full Ranking

Abia
Anambra
Edo
Rivers
Imo
Lagos
Bayelsa
Delta
Enugu
Ebonyi
Ekiti
Kaduna
Ondo
Abuja
Kogi
Benue
Akwa Ibom
Kwara
Ogun
Cross River
Taraba
Plateau
Nasarawa
Kano
Borno
Oyo
Niger
Adamawa
Osun
Sokoto
Bauchi
Kebbi
Katsina
Gombe
Jigawa
Zamfara
Yobe.

According to data from the commission, over 1.6 million candidates sat the May/June 2019 WASSCE in Nigeria while 1,020,519 candidates representing 64.18% obtained credits and above in minimum of five (5) subjects including English Language and Mathematics and 1,309,570 candidates representing 82.35% obtained credit and above in a minimum of any five (5) subjects (that is, with or without English Language and/ or Mathematics.

Also, 180,205 candidates, representing 11.33% of the total number of candidates that sat the examination are being withheld in connection with various reported cases of examination malpractice.

A 16-year-old Nigerian girl, Ugboaja Chizobam Stephany who sat the 2019 examination, emerged the youngest best candidate in the history of the examination.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/08/16/buharis-katsina-among-bottom-five-abia-anambra-edo-emerge-best-performing-states-2019?fbclid=IwAR2rp3yT5ZlSUV_wS9FYdODN8zA9qUztAUDcG6-WNQpkNN1gSM4a739iLW0

When them say aboki no know book grin grin grin
Re: Best Performing States In 2019 WAEC (See List) by Pardon75: 8:14pm On Aug 16, 2019
It's only an intelligent person that you will give the so called expo and he will copy it down correctly. So if you like call it what ever you like, just accept the bitter truth that IGBOS are the best in everything they venture into. See brother, brother wey mumu

2 Likes

Re: Best Performing States In 2019 WAEC (See List) by Fuckthamods: 8:15pm On Aug 16, 2019
FlordFlorez:
Last week, one idiot afonja told me that the reason i went to sch was that i was bore & bred in Ondo state. That i wouldn't have been to sch if i grow up in Igbo land. Meanwhile, i led my class with distinction amongst the so called yeloba educationists. I knw hw much i made and stil makin in doin projects, assignments for all these afonjas. In my sch, the best HOD (Civil Engr) is an Igbo man. Again, in my dept (SLT), the best lecturer studied in anambra state. So wat d f**k is these ppl saying that igbos like business pass book. We like both! And we excel in both! #ProudlyIgboBoy
They know but they can't just accept it because of envy and hatred

2 Likes

Re: Best Performing States In 2019 WAEC (See List) by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 16, 2019
Infinityk:
Wat abt afonja
Who is afonja
Re: Best Performing States In 2019 WAEC (See List) by Dre183(m): 8:25pm On Aug 16, 2019
High rate of Examination malpractice in south east got them that spot
Re: Best Performing States In 2019 WAEC (See List) by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 16, 2019
martowskin1:

I did my service at IFO OGUN state, see most of them can't even communicate in simple English.... I had serious communication issue with them because I don't understand Yoruba

As a warri guy, I felt everyone in Nigeria can speak pidgin at least.... But I was disappointed.

I and the principal had serious issues because I refuse to support the students during wassce and Jssce ....

Nigeria educational standard is crashing full time, stop commenting like one area is better than the other...

Accept what waec said and move on...

After all, APC rig, PDP rig..... INEC said APC won... Did we complain?

They don't know.

They think is all about punch or nation's sophiscation.

Same reason soyinka went and formed cultism in college of Ibadan , which was same college Achebe left many years ago..... with no sign of cultism.

I have told them, dem dey force education on demselves by fire by force...

Education na small small but to dem na by force...
Re: Best Performing States In 2019 WAEC (See List) by EdiAbali: 8:30pm On Aug 16, 2019
LazyGold:

[s]Nigerians went to school in Europe and emerged the best graduating students

As far as I am concern South West is not lagging behind in gaining of admission into institutions[/s]

With same reason the North is not lagging behind in gaining of admission into institutions

Agwo!
Re: Best Performing States In 2019 WAEC (See List) by LazyGold(m): 8:40pm On Aug 16, 2019
EdiAbali:

With same reason the North is not lagging behind in gaining of admission into institutions

Agwo!

You are the Agwo here or whatever you call it

North is also lagging behind in gaining of admission into institutions
Re: Best Performing States In 2019 WAEC (See List) by LazyGold(m): 8:46pm On Aug 16, 2019
MelesZenawi:

They don't know.

Same reason soyinka went and formed cultism in college of Ibadan , which was same college Achebe left many years ago..... with no sign of cultism.

You guys are really very funny

Well I will not blame you guys sha

With the massive examination malpractices going on in South East you still have mouth to talk

You are topping WAEC charts but the best student in Entire West Africa WAEC last year was from South West

Who is forcing Education?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Performing States In 2019 WAEC (See List) by EdiAbali: 8:49pm On Aug 16, 2019
Teymanhenry:
Exam malpractice in the East is the highest I've ever seen. A student who doesn't understand English be bagging A's in her subjects... No wonder they'd be on top table here

The North Eastern people are topping you and you're arguing with the South Easterners.

As you can see the result there, the South West is in the same level with the North East.

S/S and S/E are on the same level.

You should ask yourself what are Oyo and Osun people doing that made Borno State to top them. Abi do you want Anambra to be rubbing shoulder with Borno State?

Islam is taking you people backward!
The only Strong Yoruba State that came close to top 10 is Ekiti State, A CHRISTIAN DOMINATED STATE, Ekiti State people don't reason like other Yoruba people.

2 Likes

Re: Best Performing States In 2019 WAEC (See List) by LazyGold(m): 8:50pm On Aug 16, 2019
MelesZenawi:

They don't know.

You guys are really very funny

Well I will not blame you guys sha

With the massive examination malpractices going on in South East you still have mouth to talk

You are topping WAEC charts but the best student in Entire West Africa WAEC last year was from South West

Who is forcing Education?

You are topping WAEC charts but your best students could not even compete with best students from Ghana

Out of all the three students that emerged the best in entire West Africa WAEC last year, two was from Ghana and the overall best was from South West

But somehow you think South West is the one forcing Education

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

15-Year-Old Boy Sent Home From School Over This Hairstyle In West Midlands / Mariam Abbas: ATBWU Best Graduating Student / The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.