Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,721 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Omawumi: If My Husband Cheats, I Won't Leave Him - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Omawumi: If My Husband Cheats, I Won't Leave Him (16601 Views)

I Won't Leave Much Wealth For My Kids - Jason Njoku / Omawumi And Her Daughter, Kamillah At Her Traditional Wedding In Warri (Photo) / Traditional Wedding: Omawumi And Tosin Yusuf's First & Second Outfits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omawumi: If My Husband Cheats, I Won't Leave Him by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:57pm On Aug 23, 2019
KanuSE:

Let me clear my position so you don't get it twisted ok. smiley

If there is physical abuse is any relationship it's a NO for me - the victim needs to move on.

@bolded, you have actually covered most of the issues affecting a marriage & I believe that if the two are willing, infidelity also can be forgiven - I have seen it happen.

It's a relief to know that you also hold the position that many issues in marriage can be fixed - good way to start. grin

Of course infidelity can be forgiven BY LOW SELF ESTEEM PEOPLE.... desperate to stay married at ANY cost, in order to keep the charade of "Mrs happily married somebody"
Re: Omawumi: If My Husband Cheats, I Won't Leave Him by KanuSE: 7:04pm On Aug 23, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

You sound as if I am saying that the minute ANYTHING doesn't go your way in marriage, you should leave.... you make no sense. What's next? Your wifey and you have a small disagreement, so you should divorce her?!?!?!?

There is a huge difference between having small fixable marital differences and going to open your legs to another, behind your spouse's back.

Even @bolded, I maintain that infidelity can be forgiven if the two are willing. smiley

I admire how you're trying to water down your strong stance - skillful. grin
Re: Omawumi: If My Husband Cheats, I Won't Leave Him by felaismyhero(m): 7:07pm On Aug 23, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

I am a realistic...who has a brain and use common sense to view these issues. People get married for a purpose and the minute such purpose ain't there any longer, I believe they should NOT stay married to one another. TRUST RESPECT LOVE and HONESTY are foundation of such purpose
true
Re: Omawumi: If My Husband Cheats, I Won't Leave Him by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:10pm On Aug 23, 2019
KanuSE:

Even @bolded, I maintain that infidelity can be forgiven if the two are willing. smiley

I admire how you're trying to water down strong stance - skillful. grin

My stand on cheating spouses would NEVER be watered down. Any cheating spouse should be divorced, NO QUESTION ASKED!

1 Like

Re: Omawumi: If My Husband Cheats, I Won't Leave Him by DevilhimseIf: 7:11pm On Aug 23, 2019
[s]
KanuSE:

I admire how you're trying to water down strong stance - skillful. grin
[/s]
Re: Omawumi: If My Husband Cheats, I Won't Leave Him by DevilhimseIf: 7:14pm On Aug 23, 2019
[s]
KanuSE:

MrBrownJay1 is coming round bit by bit, he/she now admits that many issues in marriage can be fixed - good for a start. grin

Back to your question @bolded - I share that concern coz I believe in gender equality but we need not shy away from the fact that we complement each other just as we have our respective places in the social structure.

Today's world now tolerates female participation at all levels in our society & we cannot underestimate the importance of same with regards to the rapid growth/advancement in every spheres of life in recent years, particularly in the science & technology, healthcare, politics sectors amongst others.
[/s]
Re: Omawumi: If My Husband Cheats, I Won't Leave Him by DevilhimseIf: 7:14pm On Aug 23, 2019
[s]
KanuSE:

Lol cheesy
[/s]
Re: Omawumi: If My Husband Cheats, I Won't Leave Him by DevilhimseIf: 7:16pm On Aug 23, 2019
[s]
KanuSE:

Let me clear my position so you don't get it twisted ok. smiley

If there is physical abuse is any relationship it's a NO for me - the victim needs to move on.

@bolded, you have actually covered most of the issues affecting a marriage & I believe that if the two are willing, infidelity also can be forgiven - I have seen it happen.

It's a relief to know that you also hold the position that many issues in marriage can be fixed - good way to start. grin
[/s]
Re: Omawumi: If My Husband Cheats, I Won't Leave Him by DevilhimseIf: 7:16pm On Aug 23, 2019
[s]
KanuSE:

We're saying the same thing

- our level of intelligence wouldn't recognize our integral nature coz over the centuries we've formed social standards for ourselves to govern our conducts.

- now there's the knowledge of what's right & what's not right, therefore our consciousness operates in that realm of which creates a conflict between what we are and what we now think we should be.

U gerrit? wink
[/s]
Re: Omawumi: If My Husband Cheats, I Won't Leave Him by KanuSE: 7:17pm On Aug 23, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

Of course infidelity can be forgiven [s]BY LOW SELF ESTEEM PEOPLE.... desperate to stay married at ANY cost,[/s] in order to keep the charade of "Mrs happily married somebody"

So they have low self esteem because they choose to forgive their spouses' infidelity. grin Look here, this world is not a difficult place to live but we humans do all to complicate things. What's the big deal in forgiving your unfaithful spouse if you still want them around & they're sober?

My question to you is - what's the probability of getting it right a second time if everyone subscribes to your method?

Is there a guarantee that it's gonna be greener on the other side?

Can you categorically say that every divorcee is entirely happy?

Re: Omawumi: If My Husband Cheats, I Won't Leave Him by DevilhimseIf: 7:19pm On Aug 23, 2019
[s]
KanuSE:

So they have low self esteem because they choose to forgive their spouses' infidelity. grin Look here, this world is not a difficult place to live but we humans do all to complicate things. What's the big deal in forgiving your unfaithful spouse if you still want them around & they're sober?

My question to you is - what's the probability of getting it right a second time if everyone subscribes to your method?

[/s]
Re: Omawumi: If My Husband Cheats, I Won't Leave Him by felaismyhero(m): 7:31pm On Aug 23, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

Pls, by all means, tell us all why anyone would stay with someone who obviously has NO respect for them OR their union, and who would gladly cheat/deceive/lies to them?!
maybe this would help: oxford dictionary defines self-esteem as 'a feeling of being happy with your own character and abilities'.going by this,if a woman despite being cheated on by her husband,is confident about her character and abilities.then her self esteen is high! someone mentioned earlier here that jay z cheated on beyonce(tho am not sure if there's proof for that!),yet beyonce is one of the most confident women on earth.we are human,we are prone to errors.that a person cheats does not mean he has NO respect for his partner!
Re: Omawumi: If My Husband Cheats, I Won't Leave Him by felaismyhero(m): 7:37pm On Aug 23, 2019
KanuSE:

i hope he would try answer your question.
Re: Omawumi: If My Husband Cheats, I Won't Leave Him by Magnoliaa(f): 5:09pm On Aug 28, 2019
Mayflowa:

You seem to believe Americans and others have the right and best attitude to life. They have the largest share of mental and emotional sickness and suicide rate even with all the support system available to them. It is degrading to call anyone low self-esteem for her choice. Don't wear people African garment to curse them out.

Let me give you an instant of difference in cultural attitude: There are many western women who bring younger lovers to bed while their husbands watch. or even pertake. I bet you don't say anything about low-self esteem there.

Wtf are you jumping into conclusions like this?? Why??

One single comment, on a single issue and you can already tell this much about the person who commented.

Where tf is the American mentality/mindset in the comment?

We have a lot, a WHOLE lot of those problems you mentioned right here in African, but—we just don't see them as problems. They are normalties. We confused stress, timidity, mental illnesses, etc for hard work, humility, a 'strong' personality, etc.

So, does the example you gave justify a low self-esteem? It's still the same thing in any culture.

3 Likes

Re: Omawumi: If My Husband Cheats, I Won't Leave Him by Magnoliaa(f): 5:23pm On Aug 28, 2019
Toks2008:

And who is safe from HIV?

This is the most laughable excuse ladies give.

Except they will never make love without condom with any other man in their life again then this excuse go make sense.

Wow.

This is shocking, really trying to get your reasoning here.

So, HIV is everywhere, right? Like, REALLY in every places? If you leave a place, you very well will find yourself in a place with HIV, too? So, there aren't places, men etc that are free from HIV? HIV is constantly around you, on a daily basis that you just shouldn't bother doing something about your environment or well-being?

So, if there's a danger, fire or something harmful around you, don't try to do anything it?

And @ your last statement, beautiful reasoning there. Every guy out there is infected with HIV, so just with the cheating partner you have...

SMH.

So sick.

1 Like

Re: Omawumi: If My Husband Cheats, I Won't Leave Him by Magnoliaa(f): 5:35pm On Aug 28, 2019
Pattypatt:
I won't leave him too, rather will give him a packet of condom and also concentrate on my career and kids, a busy woman does not have time to chase her husband around.

So, why not rather divorce? Because, there's not much difference between what you just said and being a single momma/single. You're being on your own, and doing YOU. You've very much left him ...

@bolded, that is no husband then, especially by the definition of one in a marriage (union).

3 Likes

Re: Omawumi: If My Husband Cheats, I Won't Leave Him by Toks2008(m): 5:45pm On Aug 28, 2019
Magnoliaa:

Wow.

This is shocking, really trying to get your reasoning here.

So, HIV is everywhere, right? Like, REALLY in every places? If you leave a place, you very well will find yourself in a place with HIV, too? So, there aren't places, men etc that are free from HIV? HIV is constantly around you, on a daily basis that you just shouldn't bother doing something about your environment or well-being?

So, if there's a danger, fire or something harmful around you, don't try to do anything it?

And @ your last statement, beautiful reasoning there. Every guy out there is infected with HIV, so just with the cheating partner you have...

SMH.

So sick.

I'm trying not to be surprised by your reasoning.

Is there anything hard for you to comprehend in my post or you just want to post for the sake of it.

Ladies give the excuse that they may contract HIV from a cheating man so they leave and as logical as it sounds my question is very clear..."Will they not make love ever again without a condom? If yes fine but if NO then what is the guaranty that the new guy does not have it already? That he shows you q negative test result today does not mean he can't get it tomorrow.

What is the point? The moment you find out your husband is cheating just switch him to booty call mode and start using condom with him rather than running out of your marriage like mumu. Trust me, outside is full of single ladies and it will take the grave of GOD FOR the lady to get q decent guy that will want to be with a divorcee and when the lady already has kids then it makes it worse.
Re: Omawumi: If My Husband Cheats, I Won't Leave Him by Magnoliaa(f): 9:21pm On Sep 09, 2019
Toks2008:

I'm trying not to be surprised by your reasoning.

Is there anything hard for you to comprehend in my post or you just want to post for the sake of it.

Ladies give the excuse that they may contract HIV from a cheating man so they leave and as logical as it sounds my question is very clear..."Will they not make love ever again without a condom? If yes fine but if NO then what is the guaranty that the new guy does not have it already? That he shows you q negative test result today does not mean he can't get it tomorrow.

Exactly my point. I was only reiterating your opinion, which is that there's a high chance that the next guy out there is already infected, so just stay with your cheating spouse. Somehow, every guy out there is infected. You're just going to end up with an infected guy.

There's zero chance that you'll find a faithful guy, free from STIs, right? Because HIV/AIDS is that common.

What is the point? The moment you find out your husband is cheating just switch him to booty call mode and start using condom with him rather than running out of your marriage like mumu. Trust me, outside is full of single ladies and it will take the grave of GOD FOR the lady to get q decent guy that will want to be with a divorcee and when the lady already has kids then it makes it worse.

Why are you assuming the lady will be leaving her marriage to get into another marriage again? Is that all there is to do? To life? Herself?

A divorcee doesn't necessarily have to re-marry again and if they choose to, or rather if some kind of men (or women) doesn't want them, well . . . good riddance.
Re: Omawumi: If My Husband Cheats, I Won't Leave Him by Toks2008(m): 9:24pm On Sep 09, 2019
Magnoliaa:

Exactly my point. I was only reiterating your opinion, which is that there's a high chance that the next guy out there is already infected, so just stay with your cheating spouse. Somehow, every guy out there is infected. You're just going to end up with an infected guy.

There's zero chance that you'll find a faithful guy, free from STIs, right? Because HIV/AIDS is that common.

Why are you assuming the lady will be leaving her marriage to get into another marriage again? Is that all there is to do? To life? Herself?

A divorcee doesn't necessarily have to re-marry again and if they choose to, or rather if some kind of men (or women) doesn't want them, well . . . good riddance.

So is it worth it leaving your marriage to be celibate forever? Let's be frank dearie.. it's not worth it except you just want to argue for its sake.
Re: Omawumi: If My Husband Cheats, I Won't Leave Him by Magnoliaa(f): 12:08am On Sep 10, 2019
Toks2008:

So is it worth it leaving your marriage to be celibate forever? Let's be frank dearie.. it's not worth it except you just want to argue for its sake.

I'm not arguing for its sake, because I really do believe people are different and different things work for different people. You can't get it, you might not get it, but it's okay. You don't have to ... Sex can be a huge deal and it also can't be a huge deal. (Besides, there are many aspects to a marriage, also. So many. It's way more than having sex and living under the same roof - because what I can infer from your post is that a woman should remain in an unfaithful marriage because of the sex. You're excluding her emotions and psyche, mental health and so many other things).

I never suggested full celibacy, like, for the rest of one's life.

You're the one just making it seem as if once a lady gets divorced, then that is the end. Or it's a requirement for her to get married again.

And if she chooses to, there are a million guys out there who'll be faithful to her and satisfy her sexually.

Re: Omawumi: If My Husband Cheats, I Won't Leave Him by Nobody: 12:44am On Sep 10, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

Why wouldn't men cheat when women think like the OP?! It's a clear confirmation that, whatever he does, his desperate wife would forgive him and stay by his side regardless.... thus fucking the maid, beat her black and blue etc

The issue is not really about forgiving anyone who is remorseful...it's about a low self esteem woman who is accepting failure before it even happens.

The above you wrote also sends a wrong message out there: just do what evil rubbish you want in marriage, then just say you are sorry, and your desperate low self esteem wife will forgive any act.

Love you too my brotha...
On the first person u mentioned: the post is about marriage infidelity not domestic violence. Which one is fvcking the maid and beat the wife blue black?
On the second mention: Is Cardi b low self-esteemed? Or Beyonce?. Her saying she isn't going to leave him doesn't mean she will just let it slide. Had it been she said she isn't going to react at all to the scandal, you would have been right.
Re: Omawumi: If My Husband Cheats, I Won't Leave Him by Nobody: 12:24am On Sep 13, 2019
Toks2008:

Gosh, I can't believe you typed this stuff...

1 Like

Re: Omawumi: If My Husband Cheats, I Won't Leave Him by opebiboy: 3:59pm On Sep 15, 2019
Mumu
Re: Omawumi: If My Husband Cheats, I Won't Leave Him by MarieSucre(f): 1:09am On Mar 19, 2020
Toks2008:

Continue writing grammar and not face reality.

If your husband for any reason cheats on you please leave him you hear.. And let's see if you will marry a man that will not even do worse.

Infact I always look at any lady with your opinion with great pity cos I see them as potentially depressed women.

A lady once called me and crying profusely that she is lonely and I told her to go back to her husband that she left cos he cheated on her...4 months latter she called back full of joy to thank me.

Let me tell you this home made truth and it's up to you to take it or continue to live in delusion.

The fact that polygamy is a choice and not a crime means no reasonable lady needs leave her marriage cos her husband cheats on her...rather than leave just switch the guy to a booty call and use a condom to be with him whilst you face your life n that of your child or children...but if you foolishly leave I bet you have just signed yourself into possible misery cos most guys out there will use you as proper intimacy gadget...you will lose your dignity and value in the hands of Randy men and even the one that chooses a to be with you will think he is doing you a favour

Stupid marriage counsellors will tell you leave but I am telling you this minute that if you leave, the guy will move on with his life and whilst he will be having a swell time, you will be their sulking, lonely and depressed.

Let me stop here.

Shuooo! Then let him leave na.

That's like advising someone to stay in a horrible company because the moment they leave, their bosses will hire another person.
Lol.
If you like cheating so much then the responsibility to hold your marriage together is on you.

Nobody will have sense for you. Have sense for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Omawumi: If My Husband Cheats, I Won't Leave Him by Hazlett1988: 3:15am On Mar 19, 2020
SAY NO TO TRIBALISM
Re: Omawumi: If My Husband Cheats, I Won't Leave Him by wany(f): 3:39am On Mar 19, 2020
That your opinion with his doesn't align doesn't make him ignorant. Why not educate us?
Are you minding the warp brain,this is one of the reason his own wife left him. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" / Don Jazzy Celebrates Dr Sid's 10 Years On Stage [PICS] / Photos: Meet The Sexiest Woman In The US Military Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.