Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

What Is Wisdom? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Wisdom? (1646 Views)

Changing Lives Is Wisdom – Pastor Sam Adeyemi / When Wisdom Is Profitable For Nothing / 40 Words Of Wisdom From The Bible!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wisdom? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 19, 2019
budaatum:

Are you trying to get the red of my eye directed at you max, you patronising pig? Please speak for yourself that you need to join a religious group to have your brain drenched in stupidity.

"For God so loved the world that God gave his only begotten Son", says the Word, and not your twisted version that replaces that which God gave with "some religious group". If you lack wisdom, ask God!

I'm deeply sorry, goodbye!
Re: What Is Wisdom? by Truthsbitter: 2:37pm On Aug 19, 2019
The man that has become aware of what is good and what is evil and who is consciously living the good is wise.

Note that when I write good and evil, I am MOSTLY referring to the inner state of a man (I.e spiritual righteousness, inner peace, ) for it is what manifests to physical righteous. Matthew 23:25-26 KJV
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess. [26] Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wisdom? by budaatum: 7:20am On Jun 30, 2020
I wonder if time has made us evolve.

Truthsbitter:
The man that has become aware of what is good and what is evil and who is consciously living the good is wise.

Note that when I write good and evil, I am MOSTLY referring to the inner state of a man (I.e spiritual righteousness, inner peace, ) for it is what manifests to physical righteous. Matthew 23:25-26 KJV
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess. [26] Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
Thanks for this, Truth.

Maximus69:

I'm deeply sorry, goodbye!
Max, your apology for patronising me is accepted.
Re: What Is Wisdom? by budaatum: 4:48pm On Aug 16, 2020
Examination!

1 is for poor, 10 is perfect.

Score your own answer.

budaatum:
A simple question one might think, but what do we mean when we say a person has wisdom and is wise?

What is wisdom?

Scorers welcome. Resits allowed.
Re: What Is Wisdom? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:15pm On Aug 16, 2020
budaatum:

It may be the beginning, but I doubt fear is that necessary perhaps because I understand fear to mean, 'be afraid of', and somehow, fear and the wise don't mix in my head.

Why should I be afraid of the Lord God Almighty? Would I teach my child to be afraid of the Lord to gain knowledge and wisdom, or would I teach my child to learn God's ways instead?

Do you teach your children fear, muttley?

The qualifying word is to Fear Correcly and Accurately and at the Right Time.

Also to know Fear is the Difference Between the Choice of Living and of Dying!

He who does not mind dying, fails to fear at the correct time
Re: What Is Wisdom? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:23pm On Aug 16, 2020
budaatum:
It is rather funny how some focus on a single verse in a massive book and disregard just about every other related verse in the same book.

Vāde ad formīcam, ō piger, et consīderā viās eius, et disce sapientiam.

I think they are acting in the knowledge that all roads lead to death whether danger or hunger but only One or Two will keep the soul alive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Wisdom? by Kobojunkie: 5:26pm On Aug 16, 2020
Wisdom is commonsense...only in our day and age it has become rare.
Re: What Is Wisdom? by delkuf(m): 5:29pm On Aug 16, 2020
Wisdom is the application of knowledge

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Wisdom? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:35pm On Aug 16, 2020
delkuf:
Wisdom is the application of knowledge

Do not forget the word "Right" and I will add "Accurate" application of knowledge, for the purpose of Achieving a desired result or outcome.

And the proof of that wisdom is if the expected or Calculated or desired Outcome is Obtained and Acquired!

So, therefore, wisdom is the Right and Accurate Application of Knowledge for the Purpose of Achieving or Obtaining a Desired Outcome!

Thank you thank you thank you grin I hope say I score pass 5. I will ask for my answer shit if it is less than 3 grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wisdom? by budaatum: 5:53pm On Aug 16, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

The qualifying word is to Fear Correcly and Accurately and at the Right Time.

Also to know Fear is the Difference Between the Choice of Living and of Dying!

He who does not mind dying, fails to fear at the correct time
Those who fear know not and are at the beginning of learning. You may read here about those who fear and their reasons for fearing. And here about a person who needed to fear the Lord but didn't. As you can see, they are lessons taught very near the Beginning. In primary one.

Fear no evil! Especially that which can only break the body and not the soul. The Rod and the Staff of the Lord God Almighty Comforts and should be rejoiced in!
Re: What Is Wisdom? by sonmvayina(m): 6:28pm On Aug 16, 2020
A wise man(or woman) is someone who thinks things through before deciding on what to do... Who understands the language of the gods...

Or one who uses his God given senses, to decipher the codes hidden in nature..

Not one who believes a woman can become pregnant without a man's sperm..

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wisdom? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:10pm On Aug 16, 2020
budaatum:

Those who fear know not and are at the beginning of learning. You may read here about those who fear and their reasons for fearing. And here about a person who needed to fear the Lord but didn't. As you can see, they are lessons taught very near the Beginning. In primary one.

Fear no evil! Especially that which can only break the body and not the soul. The Rod and the Staff of the Lord God Almighty Comforts and should be rejoiced in!

Lessons, the key word of all learnings, for those who desire a certain outcome different from other possible outcomes.

And there is a time to fear and a time not to fear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Wisdom? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:15pm On Aug 16, 2020
sonmvayina:
A wise man(or woman) is someone who thinks things through before deciding on what to do... Who understands the language of the gods...

Or one who uses his God given senses, to decipher the codes hidden in nature..

Not one who believes a woman can become pregnant without a man's sperm..

Without knowledge, an Ant must think that a broken chair is a Great Mansion.

And when he carries but a little rock, he thinketh that he is the strongest in the world, until he is squashed to death by some Greater, he knew not to avoid!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wisdom? by sonmvayina(m): 8:03pm On Aug 16, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Without knowledge, an Ant must think that a broken chair is a Great Mansion.

And when he carries but a little rock, he thinketh that he is the strongest in the world, until he is squashed to death by some Greater, he knew not to avoid!

How apt,.. And you believe a woman can become pregnant without the input of a man.. You too get sense... Carry on..
Re: What Is Wisdom? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:02am On Aug 17, 2020
sonmvayina:

How apt,.. And you believe a woman can become pregnant without the input of a man.. You too get sense... Carry on..

Ant, carry on with your godlesssness and wait for your squishing!
Re: What Is Wisdom? by kkins25(m): 7:02pm On Aug 18, 2020
"what is wisdom?" budaatum dares to ask. How then can i define that which i have seen in its glory? Wisdom is to the naked eyes like the sun(son). Its brilliance is blinding fore the eye cannot withstand the Glory of the sun. It, however, can declare the glory of the sun when its photons strike the earth. Nonetheless, to see the shape from which wisdom is poured i offer buda- my buda, a Sun-glass that ye may catch a glimpse of the majesty of the alpha and omega:

Displace one of the eggs of a hatching goose, and it would quickly use its bill to draw the egg to safety. Take an inanimate object molded in the shape of an egg- a goose egg, place it by the side of the goose. Mother goose does the same thing again, she uses her bill to draw the the egg-looking object back to safety underneath her warmth. When the goose learns to differentiate her eggs from the inanimate object, then, that is Wisdom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Wisdom? by budaatum: 9:33pm On Aug 18, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Ant, carry on with your godlesssness and wait for your squishing!
sonmvayina:

I know both of you will not show you lack wisdom on a thread about wisdom, for you are both far too wisdom endowed to not use your "God given senses, to decipher the codes hidden in nature" in a thread about wisdom.
Re: What Is Wisdom? by Freeze007(m): 6:47pm On Nov 09, 2022
Wisdom is to understand purpose by asking, knocking and seeking then one can go through the process to acquire it....For example I hope to be as wise as Budatum, if my question is right that wisdom can be gotten from him then it is the wisest decision to learn more wisdom...The recondite wisdom of Father is my earnest desires

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Wisdom? by budaatum: 5:13pm On Jul 24, 2023
Freeze007:
Wisdom is to understand purpose by asking, knocking and seeking then one can go through the process to acquire it....For example I hope to be as wise as Budatum, if my question is right that wisdom can be gotten from him then it is the wisest decision to learn more wisdom...The recondite wisdom of Father is my earnest desires

Hello Freeze.

(1) (2) (Reply)

wow / Why Did Yahweh Support Polygamy? / Jesus Was A Muslim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.