Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,711 members, 7,820,492 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Why Did Yahweh Support Polygamy? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did Yahweh Support Polygamy? (1645 Views)

Why Did Pastor Isaac Oyedepo Lose So Much Weight? / When Did Yahweh Becomes The God Of The Entire World? / Re: Christianity Doesn't Support Polygamy, Polygamy Is A Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Yahweh Support Polygamy? by AntiChristian: 4:25pm On Sep 02, 2020
It is often said that Yahweh/Jehovah/Jesus of the Christians prescribe one man for one woman so how come tens of Prophets/men of God had more than one wives and or concubines?

Cain's son Lamech and Moses had 2 wives. David had 8 wives! Solomon 300 wives and 700 concubines! Gideon had many wives!
Deuteronomy 21:1-17 suggest marriage of multiple wives including captured prisoners gotten from conquests.

Elkanah a godly man and father of Samuel had 2 wives. Abraham, the father of faith had two wives!

In 2 Samuel 12 when the prophet Nathan confronts David over his sin with Bathsheba, we read: "This is what the Lord God of Israel says: 'I anointed you king over Israel, and I delivered you from the hand of Saul. I have given you your master's house and your master's wives into your bosom … and I gave you the house of Israel and Judah, and as if this wasn't enough, I would have given you even more."

Is it that all of these men of God were not guided (by the Holy spirit) in their marriages?

And lastly Yahweh prescribed law to protect first wife in Polygamy- Exo 21:10 "If he marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of her food, clothing and marital rights."

Why this law since Yahweh/Jehovah is against polygamy?

We just need answers to the questions in red!
Cantankerous Christians will only deviate from the OP and abuse.
Cool ones will either drop their input or walk away!

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Yahweh Support Polygamy? by IslamVIRGINS(f): 4:57pm On Sep 02, 2020
AntiChristian:
It is often said that Yahweh/Jehovah/Jesus of the Christians prescribes one man for one woman so how come tens of Prophets/men of God had more than one wives and or concubines?

Cain's son Lamech and Moses had 2 wives. David had 8 wives! Solomon 300 wives and 700 concubines! Gideon had many wives!
Deuteronomy 21:1-17 suggest marriage of multiple wives including captured prisoners gotten from conquests.

Elkanah a godly man and father of Samuel had 2 wives. Abraham, the father of faith had two wives!

In 2 Samuel 12 when the prophet Nathan confronts David over his sin with Bathsheba, we read: "This is what the Lord God of Israel says: 'I anointed you king over Israel, and I delivered you from the hand of Saul. I have given you your master's house and your master's wives into your bosom … and I gave you the house of Israel and Judah, and as if this wasn't enough, I would have given you even more."

Is it that all of these men of God were not guided (by the Holy spirit) in their marriages?

And lastly Yahweh prescribed law to protect first wife in Polygamy- Exo 21:10 "If he marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of her food, clothing and marital rights."

Why?

TRANSLATION BOY grin

Qur'an 8:30

: ﻭﺍﺫ ﻳﻤﻜﺮ ﺑﻚ ﺍﻟﺬﻳﻦ ﻛﻔﺮﻭﺍ ﻟﻴﺜﺒﺘﻮﻙ ﺍﻭ ﻳﻘﺘﻠﻮﻙ ﺍﻭ ﻳﺨﺮﺟﻮﻙ ﻭﻳﻤﻜﺮﻭﻥ ﻭﻳﻤﻜﺮ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ
ﻭﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﺧﻴﺮ ﺍﻟﻤﺎﻛﺮﻳﻦ

Wa-ith yamkuru bika allatheena kafaroo liyuthbitooka aw yaqtulooka aw yukhrijooka wayamkuroona wayamkuru Allahu waAllahu khayru almakireena

And when those who disbelieved deceive/scheme at you to affix/affirm you, or kill you, or bring you out, and they scheme/deceive , and God deceives/schemes and God (is) best (of) the deceivers/schemers.

Qur'an 3:54

ﻭﻣﻜﺮﻭﺍ ﻭﻣﻜﺮ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻭﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﺧﻴﺮ ﺍﻟﻤﺎﻛﺮﻳﻦ

Wamakaroo wamakara Allahu waAllahu khayru almakireena

And they cheated/deceived and God cheated/deceived, and God (is) the best (of) the cheaters/deceivers.

Qur'an 7:99

ﺍﻓﺎﻣﻨﻮﺍ ﻣﻜﺮ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻓﻼﻳﺎﻣﻦ ﻣﻜﺮ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﺍﻻ ﺍﻟﻘﻮﻡ ﺍﻟﺨﺎﺳﺮﻭﻥ

Afaaminoo makra Allahi fala ya/manu makra Allahi illa alqawmu
alkhasiroona

Did they secure God's scheme/deceit ? So no(one) trusts God's scheme/ deceit except the nation the losers.

Qur'an 13:42

ﻭﻗﺪ ﻣﻜﺮ ﺍﻟﺬﻳﻦ ﻣﻦ ﻗﺒﻠﻬﻢ ﻓﻠﻠﻪ ﺍﻟﻤﻜﺮ ﺟﻤﻴﻌﺎ ﻳﻌﻠﻢ ﻣﺎﺗﻜﺴﺐ ﻛﻞ ﻧﻔﺲ ﻭﺳﻴﻌﻠﻢ ﺍﻟﻜﻔﺎﺭ
ﻟﻤﻦ ﻋﻘﺒﻰ ﺍﻟﺪﺍﺭ

Waqad makara allatheena min qablihim falillahi almakru jameeAAan yaAAlamu ma taksibu kullu nafsin wasayaAAlamu alkuffaru liman AAuqba alddari

And those from before them had cheated/deceived/schemed, so to God
(is) all the cheatery/deceit/scheme. He knows what every self gains/acquires , and the disbelievers will know to whom (is) the house's/home's end/turn (result).

AntiChristian:

Of cos! You brought the verse so you should give the translation you brought.

The guy shown you the Arabic text, English text and the other but still asking for TRANSLATION. You need to examine yourself something is wrong with you somewhere
Re: Why Did Yahweh Support Polygamy? by advocatejare(m): 5:25pm On Sep 02, 2020
AntiChristian:
It is often said that Yahweh/Jehovah/Jesus of the Christians prescribes one man for one woman so how come tens of Prophets/men of God had more than one wives and or concubines?

Why?

You should be more concerned about how Allah allowed Muhammad to marry his adopted son's wife.

Zaid had been living with Mohammed since he was 8 years old, Mohammed was a father figure and by Arab's tradition that time, Zaid was entitled to every right Mohammed's biological children were entitled to.

Because of a single woman, Muhammad destroyed the tradition of adoption and its good privileges in the Arab world, just so that Mohammed could take over the wife of Zaid and make it legal.

If you don't see that as evil, then it's okay that means you can also do the same thing: take over the wife of someone who grew up with you and saw you as a father figure and role model.

The same Quran tell us that Mohammed had concealed the thought of marrying Zainab in his heart even before Zaid divorced her.

Muhammad was already coveting Zaid's wife. Muhammad broke the law of the true holy God that said "don't covet your neighbor's wife" instead of Allah to prove to Mohammed that he was a holy god, he proved us wrong by endorsing Mohammed's Zina of the heart and covetousness. Allah is a morally corrupt god.

Allah relegated women into a mere commodity by saying he married Zainab to Muhammad when Zaid was no longer in need of her.

"And [remember, O Muhammad], when you said to the one on whom Allah bestowed favor and you bestowed favor, Keep your wife and fear Allah, while you concealed within yourself that which Allah is to disclose. And you feared the people, while Allah has more right that you fear Him. So when Zayd had no longer any need for her, We married her to you in order that there not be upon the believers any discomfort concerning the wives of their adopted sons when they no longer have need of them. And ever is the command of Allah accomplished."
(QS. Al-Ahzaab 33: Verse 37)

1 Like

Re: Why Did Yahweh Support Polygamy? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 02, 2020
AntiChristian:

Why?

Moses told the Israelites that another prophet will be raised among them and they must listen to the prophet because God will judge anyone who disobey that prophet! Deuteronomy 18:15-18
God used Moses as a law giver so for Moses to speak of another prophet from among them could only mean that the standard will be upgraded!
When Jesus came he was teaching his listeners how they're going to live in Paradise, Jesus made them understand that if anyone wants to live in Paradise he/she must live in harmony with the standard God set in the garden of Eden:- One Adam ~ One Eve
So it was permitted due to the stiffness of their hearts, if Moses should tell those stubborn people that they can't marry another woman if their former wife is still alive, surely she will die from their scheme! wink

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Yahweh Support Polygamy? by AntiChristian: 7:55am On Sep 03, 2020
Maximus69:

Moses told the Israelites that another prophet will be raised among them and they must listen to the prophet because God will judge anyone who disobey that prophet! Deuteronomy 18:15-18
God used Moses as a law giver so for Moses to speak of another prophet from among them could only mean that the standard will be upgraded!
When Jesus came he was teaching his listeners how they're going to live in Paradise, Jesus made them understand that if anyone wants to live in Paradise he/she must live in harmony with the standard God set in the garden of Eden:- One Adam ~ One Eve
So it was permitted due to the stiffness of their hearts, if Moses should tell those stubborn people that they can't marry another woman if their former wife is still alive, surely she will die from their scheme! wink

Which of the questions in the OP have you answered?
Re: Why Did Yahweh Support Polygamy? by AntiChristian: 7:56am On Sep 03, 2020
advocatejare:

You should be more concerned about how Allah allowed Muhammad to marry his adopted son's wife.

Zaid had been living with Mohammed since he was 8 years old, Mohammed was a father figure and by Arab's tradition that time, Zaid was entitled to every right Mohammed's biological children were entitled to.

Because of a single woman, Muhammad destroyed the tradition of adoption and its good privileges in the Arab world, just so that Mohammed could take over the wife of Zaid and make it legal.

If you don't see that as evil, then it's okay that means you can also do the same thing: take over the wife of someone who grew up with you and saw you as a father figure and role model.

The same Quran tell us that Mohammed had concealed the thought of marrying Zainab in his heart even before Zaid divorced her.

Muhammad was already coveting Zaid's wife. Muhammad broke the law of the true holy God that said "don't covet your neighbor's wife" instead of Allah to prove to Mohammed that he was a holy god, he proved us wrong by endorsing Mohammed's Zina of the heart and covetousness. Allah is a morally corrupt god.

Allah relegated women into a mere commodity by saying he married Zainab to Muhammad when Zaid was no longer in need of her.

"And [remember, O Muhammad], when you said to the one on whom Allah bestowed favor and you bestowed favor, Keep your wife and fear Allah, while you concealed within yourself that which Allah is to disclose. And you feared the people, while Allah has more right that you fear Him. So when Zayd had no longer any need for her, We married her to you in order that there not be upon the believers any discomfort concerning the wives of their adopted sons when they no longer have need of them. And ever is the command of Allah accomplished."
(QS. Al-Ahzaab 33: Verse 37)

Which of the questions in the OP have you answered?
Re: Why Did Yahweh Support Polygamy? by AntiChristian: 8:06am On Sep 03, 2020
IslamVIRGINS:

TRANSLATION BOY grin

Qur'an 8:30

: ﻭﺍﺫ ﻳﻤﻜﺮ ﺑﻚ ﺍﻟﺬﻳﻦ ﻛﻔﺮﻭﺍ ﻟﻴﺜﺒﺘﻮﻙ ﺍﻭ ﻳﻘﺘﻠﻮﻙ ﺍﻭ ﻳﺨﺮﺟﻮﻙ ﻭﻳﻤﻜﺮﻭﻥ ﻭﻳﻤﻜﺮ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ
ﻭﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﺧﻴﺮ ﺍﻟﻤﺎﻛﺮﻳﻦ

Wa-ith yamkuru bika allatheena kafaroo liyuthbitooka aw yaqtulooka aw yukhrijooka wayamkuroona wayamkuru Allahu waAllahu khayru almakireena

And when those who disbelieved deceive/scheme at you to affix/affirm you, or kill you, or bring you out, and they scheme/deceive , and God deceives/schemes and God (is) best (of) the deceivers/schemers.

Qur'an 3:54

ﻭﻣﻜﺮﻭﺍ ﻭﻣﻜﺮ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻭﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﺧﻴﺮ ﺍﻟﻤﺎﻛﺮﻳﻦ

Wamakaroo wamakara Allahu waAllahu khayru almakireena

And they cheated/deceived and God cheated/deceived, and God (is) the best (of) the cheaters/deceivers.

Qur'an 7:99

ﺍﻓﺎﻣﻨﻮﺍ ﻣﻜﺮ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻓﻼﻳﺎﻣﻦ ﻣﻜﺮ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﺍﻻ ﺍﻟﻘﻮﻡ ﺍﻟﺨﺎﺳﺮﻭﻥ

Afaaminoo makra Allahi fala ya/manu makra Allahi illa alqawmu
alkhasiroona

Did they secure God's scheme/deceit ? So no(one) trusts God's scheme/ deceit except the nation the losers.

Qur'an 13:42

ﻭﻗﺪ ﻣﻜﺮ ﺍﻟﺬﻳﻦ ﻣﻦ ﻗﺒﻠﻬﻢ ﻓﻠﻠﻪ ﺍﻟﻤﻜﺮ ﺟﻤﻴﻌﺎ ﻳﻌﻠﻢ ﻣﺎﺗﻜﺴﺐ ﻛﻞ ﻧﻔﺲ ﻭﺳﻴﻌﻠﻢ ﺍﻟﻜﻔﺎﺭ
ﻟﻤﻦ ﻋﻘﺒﻰ ﺍﻟﺪﺍﺭ

Waqad makara allatheena min qablihim falillahi almakru jameeAAan yaAAlamu ma taksibu kullu nafsin wasayaAAlamu alkuffaru liman AAuqba alddari

And those from before them had cheated/deceived/schemed, so to God
(is) all the cheatery/deceit/scheme. He knows what every self gains/acquires , and the disbelievers will know to whom (is) the house's/home's end/turn (result).

The guy shown you the Arabic text, English text and the other but still asking for TRANSLATION. You need to examine yourself something is wrong with you somewhere

Which question in the OP are you answering?
Re: Why Did Yahweh Support Polygamy? by advocatejare(m): 9:40am On Sep 03, 2020
AntiChristian:

Which question in the OP are you answering?
Let the OP talk for himself grin
Re: Why Did Yahweh Support Polygamy? by Lithe1(m): 11:08am On Sep 03, 2020
advocatejare:

@Cantankerous OP
--Mr Antichristian
When we're seriously waiting for YAHWEH to come & appear b4 this panel for questioning.

https://www.gotquestions.org/subscribe.html

and

use this link

https://www.gotquestions.org/polygamy.html
Re: Why Did Yahweh Support Polygamy? by AntiChristian: 4:02pm On Sep 03, 2020
advocatejare:

The questions are in red. If you can answer then answer otherwise be mute and stop the diversions!
Re: Why Did Yahweh Support Polygamy? by advocatejare(m): 5:38pm On Sep 03, 2020
AntiChristian:

The questions are in red. If you can answer then answer otherwise be mute and stop the diversions!

When you answer is, we will answer you.

Why did Allah support immoralities and allow Zaid with one wife to be humiliated by Muhammad with many wives. Muhammad took the wife of Zaid his adopted son, a boy that by Arab tradition was supposed to be his heir, a boy that was legally referred to as "the son of Muhammad", a boy that grew up to see Muhammad as a father figure
Re: Why Did Yahweh Support Polygamy? by sagenaija: 9:10pm On Sep 03, 2020
Antichristian,
Again take to heart this your Koran verse:
SAHIH INTERNATIONAL:
And do not insult those they invoke other than Allah, lest they insult Allah in enmity without knowledge. Thus We have made pleasing to every community their deeds. Then to their Lord is their return, and He will inform them about what they used to do.
Koran 6:109
Or do you choose to disobey the Koran?
Re: Why Did Yahweh Support Polygamy? by Image123(m): 1:03am On Sep 04, 2020
No Bible verse says that God supported polygamy. He condoned it. From the beginning, it was not so.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Yahweh Support Polygamy? by AntiChristian: 10:12am On Sep 05, 2020
sagenaija:
Antichristian,
Again take to heart this your Koran verse:
SAHIH INTERNATIONAL:
And do not insult those they invoke other than Allah, lest they insult Allah in enmity without knowledge. Thus We have made pleasing to every community their deeds. Then to their Lord is their return, and He will inform them about what they used to do.
Koran 6:109
Or do you choose to disobey the Koran?

Where is the insult? kindly show it?
Re: Why Did Yahweh Support Polygamy? by AntiChristian: 10:24am On Sep 05, 2020
advocatejare:

When you answer is, we will answer you.

Why did Allah support immoralities and allow Zaid with one wife to be humiliated by Muhammad with many wives. Muhammad took the wife of Zaid his adopted son, a boy that by Arab tradition was supposed to be his heir, a boy that was legally referred to as "the son of Muhammad", a boy that grew up to see Muhammad as a father figure

Is this the answer to the OP?

Your Pastor taught you more erroneous Islam than Christianity sef!
Re: Why Did Yahweh Support Polygamy? by advocatejare(m): 7:13pm On Sep 14, 2020
AntiChristian:

Is this the answer to the OP?

That's the answer I'm giving you
Re: Why Did Yahweh Support Polygamy? by AntiChristian: 7:22pm On Sep 14, 2020
advocatejare:

That's the answer I'm giving you

"My people perish because they lack knowledge"

You even lack comprehension! What were your scores in English language WASCE? JAMB?
Re: Why Did Yahweh Support Polygamy? by advocatejare(m): 9:25pm On Sep 14, 2020
AntiChristian:

"My people perish because they lack knowledge"

You even lack comprehension! What were your scores in English language WASCE? JAMB?

If you understand simple grammar rule your would have known that you don't use a past tense after "did" like you did here:

"Why Did Yahweh Supported Polygamy?"

You won't know because you are a product of quota system
Re: Why Did Yahweh Support Polygamy? by AntiChristian: 9:36pm On Sep 14, 2020
advocatejare:

If you understand simple grammar rule your would have known that you don't use a past tense after "did" like you did here:

"Why Did Yahweh Supported Polygamy?"

You won't know because you are a product of quota system

I agree I may have made a mistake or several mistakes. I do type unlike your "copy and paste". To err is human as they say.

See a simple typo from you too. You used "Your" instead of "You" in bold above.

So wetin you score in English?
Re: Why Did Yahweh Support Polygamy? by advocatejare(m): 9:37pm On Sep 14, 2020
AntiChristian:

I agree I may have made a mistake or several mistakes. I do type unlike your "copy and paste". To err is human as they say.

See a simple typo from you too. You used "Your" instead of "You" in bold above.
Typographical error is different from grammatical error, you made a grammatical blunder, you're an olodo

(1) (Reply)

Euthansia: The roman catholic perspective / Muhammad(saw) In The Bible. / Muslim leader regrets shaking Michelle obama's hand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.