Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today (69543 Views)

Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 81st Birthday Today / President Buhari Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today / Abdulsalami Abubakar Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Olorunnim: 9:37am On Aug 17, 2019
deltateam:
The 'evil genius' himself. It looks like he has stroke? embarassed
No he say it looks, he does and na that stroke go kill am.

2 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by ahmg001(m): 9:38am On Aug 17, 2019
Borderless:

Can you show us your father’s picture at 78 years old?

Sorry bro never knew u re related to alhaji. E pain an

6 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Okoroawusa: 9:38am On Aug 17, 2019
MicroBox:
Blogger sef! Which one is "Nigerian President"
So you cannot differentiate between Military Head of State and a President...
He called himself "Military President" when he took over.

For you to ask this question means you are a pikin

3 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by AngelicBeing: 9:39am On Aug 17, 2019
grin

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by ahmg001(m): 9:40am On Aug 17, 2019
AllenSpencer:

Did you try to be funny.

10,000 years from now, your lineage will "NEVER" be worthy to sit on same table where "ANY" Ibrahim Babangida lineage sits.
people lyk u re d reason y we cant make a meaning progress in Nigeria.it still beats my imagination dat a nigerian youth can be defending IBB,so pathetic

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by yorke1: 9:40am On Aug 17, 2019
AllenSpencer:

Did you try to be funny.

10,000 years from now, your lineage will "NEVER" be worthy to sit on same table where "ANY" Ibrahim Babangida lineage sits.

Are you God secretary?

10 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Jabioro: 9:41am On Aug 17, 2019
The two pictures no resemble each other the latest got bending, slides lips..the vegetables material still dey chop our money..
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by AllenSpencer: 9:41am On Aug 17, 2019
yorke1:

Are you God secretary?

Yes!
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by jayAjoku(m): 9:42am On Aug 17, 2019
Only an ignorant person will hail this man. One of the people that ruined this country
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by slimfit1(m): 9:42am On Aug 17, 2019
AllenSpencer:

God bless General Ibrahim Gbadamosi Babangida (GCFR)

People I can spot one of our looters. The man does not look blessed she. His curse is from generation to generation you might take part in it as it is.

6 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by AngelicBeing: 9:43am On Aug 17, 2019
blackb2:
May his legacy fade away just like my dream of becoming a Medical Doctor embarassed

I curse you Ibb for ruining my future and that of other millions of Nigerians. damn you now and forever

I extend this curse to you Buhari, IBB and other silly politicians we have
Amen, IBB is already a dead carcass, the same applies to Buhari and all others that raped the destiny of Nigeria, the pictures below is for all of them grin

6 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by AllenSpencer: 9:44am On Aug 17, 2019
ahmg001:
people lyk u re d reason y we cant make a meaning progress in Nigeria.it still beats my imagination dat a nigerian youth can be defending IBB,so pathetic

I won't school you.

Go back to history and consult if necessary. The giant strides of the man you condemn, democracy as not given you in the last 20years.

He had his flaws, but he was better than anything democracy has offer Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by SheikhMuniru(m): 9:45am On Aug 17, 2019
M.K.O Abiola's Family At The Moment

4 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by blackboy(m): 9:45am On Aug 17, 2019
MicroBox:
Blogger sef! Which one is "Nigerian President"
So you cannot differentiate between Military Head of State and a President...
The blogger is right. IBB in his later years in power installed himself as president. He was then referred to as President not head of state

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by AllenSpencer: 9:46am On Aug 17, 2019
slimfit1:

People I can spot one of our looters. The man does not look blessed she. His curse is from generation to generation you might take part in it as it is.

And you are not cursed shey?

Let me leave you with whats already rivetted to your soul.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by thorpido(m): 9:50am On Aug 17, 2019
AllenSpencer:

I won't school you.

Go back to history and consult if necessary. The giant strides of the man you condemn, democracy as not given you in the last 20years.

He had his flaws, but he was better than anything democracy has offer Nigeria.
Gaint strides?
You really don't have an idea what this man did to the future of this country.
It pains me so much that he was at the helm of affairs at that time.Do you know what Dollar to Naira was in 1985?
Do you know how much Nigeria made from the Gulf war oil windfall?

6 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by sheubaba2013: 9:52am On Aug 17, 2019
IKERE GORGE DAM, A BLESSING TO OUR GENERATION.

Ikere is a town located in Iseyin Local Government Area of Oyo State Nigeria.
It is about 28km North East Iseyin. The town is a home to the popular Ikere Gorge Dam. It is located on the Ogun river with a reservoir capacity of about 690 million m3.

I have visited the Ikere Gorge Dam on more than three occasions, the last time I visited the Dam was 12th of August, 2019 which is the second day of Eid Al-Adha (Festival of Sacrifice).
The trip was led by the Hon. President of Iseyin Youth Development Group (IYDG) in person of Hon. Babajide Oniyo, Hon. Shina Peller, my humble self Sakariyau Tijani Sheu (Sheubaba) and the entire members of IYDG.
The theme of this year program was "Convergence season 3/ Developmental Tour". We paid a visit to the Ado Awaye Iyake suspended lake and later proceeded to Ikere George Dam both in Iseyin LGA.
Iseyin Youth Development Group (IYDG) aim is the way forward for the development of Iseyin, Oke Ogun and the entire Nigeria at large, therefore Ikere George Dam must not be abandoned. Charity begins at home.

A Dam is a barrier that stops or restrict the flow of water or underground stream. -Wikipedia
Some Dams are constructed to change the direction of river water flow into channel, canal, pipeline etc.

George is a narrow valley between hills or mountains typically with steep rocky walls and a stream running through it.
The term is obtained from the French word "Gorge" which means throat or neck. A George is often smaller than Canyon, although both can be used to describe deep, narrow valleys with a stream or river running along their base.

Ikere Gorge Dam has been abandoned for so long. It is the second largest Dam in Nigeria, but it has been a long forgotten dream.
The Ikere Gorge Dam was first established by the Military regim of Ex President Olusegun Obasanjo and it was set up in 1983 by the then administration of Alhaji Shehu Shagari.
Ikere Gorge Dam was initially planned to generate 6 Megawatts of Electricity.

Furthermore, Dam can also supply water for Iseyin, Iganna, Okeho, Lagos etc.
Among the the plans was also for Irrigation purpose of about 12,000 hectares of land. According to findings, some equipments has been purchased as at then by the Government, they has been kept at the site for the Hydro Power component of the Dam and has not yet been installed.
According to experts the project will take up to 3 to 4 months to be completed.

Ikere Gorge Dam can be developed for aquaculture, I even bought some fishes on our way back from the site visitation. It can create over 1,500 jobs for the youths, production capacity of over one million tonnes of fish annually if fully utilized.

There is no mobile network in the area, we are unable to make or receive calls throughout the visitation.

The 35km access road that lead to the Dam is appalling, the road need to be fixed for easy access.

Conclusively, we the Iseyin Youth Development Group (IYDG) on my humble behalf are calling on the Federal Government of Nigeria to put the Ikere Gorge Dam in good shape for the purpose of Hydro power generation, Irrigation, aquaculture etc.
At the other hand the government should also harness the tourism potential of the Ado-Awaye Iyake suspended lake which is the second suspended lake in the world after the Colorado suspended lake in the USA.
"I am convinced that Nigeria would have been a more highly developed country without the oil. I wished we had never smelled the fumes of petroleum" -Prof Wole Soyinka.
God bless Iseyin, God bless Nigeria.

Ikere Gorge Dam! The second largest Dam in Nigeria.
Ikere Gorge Dam! The time is now.
Ikere Gorge Dam! No more further delay
Ikere Gorge Dam! The untapped blessing
Ikere Gorge Dam! A blessing to our generation
Ikere Gorge Dam! A gift from God Almighty

By SAKARIYAU TIJANI SHEU aka SHEUBABA

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Ijawwomaninoyo: 9:52am On Aug 17, 2019
IBB! Looks like he has stroke or some parts of the body paralysed. His mouth is bent to one side.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by MicroBox: 9:53am On Aug 17, 2019
Okoroawusa:

He called himself "Military President" when he took over.

For you to ask this question means you are a pikin
You guess right.. I m actually a pikin.
So Military President exist in the dictionary, registered or reported in any language journal abi..
"In his own word, Nigeria Military President"
That would have been a much better phrase.
It is extremely misleading and wrong to use that phrase without a reference. those who are not around during his declaration would think is actually a correct adjective.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Jettage: 9:53am On Aug 17, 2019
Spatta:
If only these Kids on Nairaland Knows this evil man. Babangida was the one who single handedly led Nigeria on this path of poverty. the Nation is yet to recover

Talk about Evil, This is the Man. very few people still remember the wickedness of this evil genus
THEY wiped out History so YOU all will not recollect and the ignorant are saying Happy Birthday to an evil man

I still wonder why this man is not in Hague answering for the crimes he committed against Nigeria and Nigerians, He dare not step his foot in the United state or the UK, He prefers to travel to Germany and the other countries where he is being shielded
I dare Babangida to travel to the US. when this wicked man was in Power, you dare not write against him on any news paper
He arrest and kill any opposition against him
That the Nigerian Judiciary is dead, Babangida is a case study

8 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by JimohMomoh: 9:54am On Aug 17, 2019
I just don't know how to critisize this man because most of the projects he used Julius Berger to execute across Nigeria are still standing strong for all to see.
The roads and bridges in Lagos, Sapele, Abuja, Minna, Sokoto, Kano, Katsina, Benin, Gongola etc are still being used till now. In lagos, tankers even packed on top of the bridges for Jan till Dec but the bridge doesn't shake.

The present democracy we have is just waste of scarce resources, projects only last for 3yrs, all the road constructed by Toni Anenih when he was minister of works under Obasanjo are now completely bad, even the ones constructed in Goodlucks administration are now bad.
Happy Birthday IBB . you tried your best

3 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by airbrush: 9:56am On Aug 17, 2019
simple250:
International bomb bastard IBB

i used to called this man names Maradona,drug baron,oga corruption himself,thief,very devil man until second coming of Buhari break all record past ,present and future

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by AllenSpencer: 9:57am On Aug 17, 2019
thorpido:
Gaint strides?
You really don't have an idea what this man did to the future of this country.
It pains me so much that he was at the helm of affairs at that time.Do you know what Dollar to Naira was in 1985?
Do you know how much Nigeria made from the Gulf war oil windfall?

Add it all up, weigh it with his acheivements and compare with what democracy has offered us in last 20years

Trust me, you will arrive at a conclusion.

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by KingTom(m): 9:59am On Aug 17, 2019
doggedfighter:

This is touching cry cry cry cry
There's nothing touching about what he said He is still alive and well
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Kiki77: 10:02am On Aug 17, 2019
Spatta:
If only these Kids on Nairaland Knows this evil man. Babangida was the one who single handedly led Nigeria on this path of poverty. the Nation is yet to recover

Talk about Evil, This is the Man. very few people still remember the wickedness of this evil genus
THEY wiped out History so YOU all will not recollect and the ignorant are saying Happy Birthday to an evil man

Thank you all for the comments, I am reading History from your comments. Hmm. who will save Nigeria from this cynosure of evil, Buhari is back to continue from where he stopped
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by StaffofOrayan(m): 10:02am On Aug 17, 2019
I remember how much he was loved by the Igbos

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2_Million_Man_March

The 2 Million Man March was the culmination of efforts by the group Youth Earnestly Ask for Abacha under the direction of Daniel Kanu.

itsme01:
grin

Maradona!! Happy Birthday to the cunniest man ever
*The only guy with the manual on how to tame and arrest General Buhari without any consiquencies,
*The grand patron of instituitionalise corruption in all Nigerian Ministry
*The most Generous oil rig donater, he even gave alakija his wife's tailor(alleged concubine), abiola his bossom friend and Adenuga his brilliant business mole
*The man who made his childhood friend face firing sqaud for an umproven coup allegation, and denied Abiola his loyal friend and finacer of his many coups the chance to govern
*The guy who sent a letter bomb to blow up Dele Giwa for daring to investigate and publish his wife's link with an international drug trade

Babangida was a chop make i chop guy and everybody thought wow what a nice guy until structural adjustment program scattered Nigerian economy till date, he also canceeled ministry of trade and commerce from handling sales of Agricultural program unbehalf of farmers who cant trade abroad, and that singular move colapsed farmers, life till date.. as rural farmers cant grow cocoa, dry the bean and still be sadle with looking for european buyers or middle men who rips them off

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by IamOrei(m): 10:02am On Aug 17, 2019
and some people are congratulating him, wishing him long life & whatever.
chai, awa hed no correct for dis country.
local man cannot can

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by MicroBox: 10:03am On Aug 17, 2019
blackboy:

The blogger is right. IBB in his later years in power installed himself as president. He was then referred to as President not head of state
He can call himself whatever but you and I know that, that is not correct. So why still using "President" to address him.
How can he be a President without proper procedures?
Its wrong for anyone to continue using that tittle for him without quoting "In his own word, Nigerian President".

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by deebrain(m): 10:07am On Aug 17, 2019
Is he smirking?
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by BRASH: 10:09am On Aug 17, 2019
Halo22:
Age has really come on his side. Happy birthday the evil genius.

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by bluefilm: 10:09am On Aug 17, 2019
The Evil Genius!!!
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by dazzlingd(m): 10:13am On Aug 17, 2019
AllenSpencer:

Did you try to be funny.

And you the God has spoken....fool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Shuaibu Removes APC Flag From Government House (Pictures) / President Buhari's Wedding Hoax, Rumours: Hilarious Reactions / Presidential Helicopter On Ground To Convey Jonathan To Bayelsa From PH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.