Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,150 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today (69545 Views)

Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 81st Birthday Today / President Buhari Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today / Abdulsalami Abubakar Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by AllenSpencer: 10:13am On Aug 17, 2019
dazzlingd:

And you the God has spoken....fool

Ode!
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by BRASH: 10:16am On Aug 17, 2019
AllenSpencer:

Did you try to be funny.

10,000 years from now, your lineage will "NEVER" be worthy to sit on same table where "ANY" Ibrahim Babangida lineage sits.
Because you are GOD abi?
Don't be surprised, few years from now, IBB's children and grandchildren will be hustling to share a table with that dude.

GOD's ways are not your ways.

Bedside, you don't even know who you are talking to.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by palman(m): 10:16am On Aug 17, 2019
blackb2:
May his legacy fade away just like my dream of becoming a Medical Doctor embarassed

I curse you Ibb for ruining my future and that of other millions of Nigerians. damn you now and forever

I extend this curse to you Buhari, IBB and other silly politicians we have

Funny
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by itsme01: 10:17am On Aug 17, 2019
StaffofOrayan:
I remember how much he was loved by the Igbos

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2_Million_Man_March

The 2 Million Man March was the culmination of efforts by the group Youth Earnestly Ask for Abacha under the direction of Daniel Kanu.

does one na money they worry them...
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by igwefivestar(m): 10:18am On Aug 17, 2019
lalasticlala:
Birthday: Ex Head Of State, Ibrahim Babangida (IBB) Turns 78 Today!

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibrahim_Babangida

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD69BoEsm10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWCu2BjF7Bc
wonders shall never end, nah ibb mouth go one side like that.

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by dododawa1: 10:18am On Aug 17, 2019
the man who make me to repeated primary 4 twice,when govt school refused to rusume in 1993.then ported to private school, nothing last forever in life.

3 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by bikefab(m): 10:21am On Aug 17, 2019
The evil genius... Happy birthday to you, posterity will not forgive you for the cancellation of 1993 elections.

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by madridguy(m): 10:21am On Aug 17, 2019
You're right with this. Aregbeshola is a clear example. The house he rented back then still dey, people dey hustle garri together are still there.

BRASH:
Because you are GOD abi?
Don't be surprised, few years from now, IBB's children and grandchildren will be hustling to share a table with that dude.

GOD's ways are not your ways.

Bedside, you don't even know who you are talking to.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by banhammy: 10:23am On Aug 17, 2019
Who killed Dele Giwa

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by maasoap(m): 10:24am On Aug 17, 2019
XaintJoel20:
IBB may be seen an enemy to millions of Nigerians over the annulment of June 12 presidential election, allegedly won by MKO Abiola, but to me that has been the best decision he has taken in his entire life.
Happy Birthday Evil Genius.
Your reward is in hell....

IBB atrocities against Nigerians is not about cancelling of the most free and fair election in the history of Nigeria.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 17, 2019
This dude sabotaged Nigeria's destiny so badly, all in exchange for his own personal/family wealth and fortune.

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by juman(m): 10:28am On Aug 17, 2019
Nothing is good about nigerian generals. They only have in mind to steal money.
Those generals ruled and ruined the country for more than forty years. Shame on them.

Today nigeria is a destroyed country nothing is functioning well except kidnapping, extreme hunger, road accident, armed robbery, no light, no drinkable water etc.
Infact one nigeria is a mistake.

2 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by figoperch: 10:31am On Aug 17, 2019
boss1310:
age has really done a number on our maradonna.SAP being his major economic policy is one of the reasons Nigeria is still poor today. who remembers MAMSER in schools then

He included DFRRI too

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by derbykol(f): 10:31am On Aug 17, 2019
It is all about ageing.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Gazzy88(m): 10:32am On Aug 17, 2019
AllenSpencer:

I won't school you.

Go back to history and consult if necessary. The giant strides of the man you condemn, democracy as not given you in the last 20years.

He had his many huge and life-destroying flaws, but he was better than anything democracy has offer Nigeria.
Are you from his lineage? A beneficiary of his misrule? Or what are you exactly to be defending this evil man?

3 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Thetruthshallse(m): 10:32am On Aug 17, 2019
In a nation of natural justice, here is a man that supposed to be spending the rest of his life in a high security prison. You will surely rest in hell.

3 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Onlyonebuhari: 10:34am On Aug 17, 2019
So the guy has stroke. As for the facial palsy In Shaa Allah I will treat it for the guy withing 2 months.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by XaintJoel20: 10:36am On Aug 17, 2019
maasoap:

IBB atrocities against Nigerians is not about cancelling of the most free and fair election in the history of Nigeria.

I understand very well.
For me, that was the best decision he has taken in his entire life.
Read my last sentence, and you win see I am not a fan of IBB.
Thanks.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by purplekayc(m): 10:38am On Aug 17, 2019
weitin do hin mouth?

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by MondayOsunbor(m): 10:41am On Aug 17, 2019
SuperBlack:

Like How Long? because he's already 78
IBB is 78 while buhari
his senior in the army buhari is 76
He is also very fit with the hands of 30 years old man .

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Prideofthelion: 10:43am On Aug 17, 2019
blackb2:
May his legacy fade away just like my dream of becoming a Medical Doctor embarassed

I curse you Ibb for ruining my future and that of other millions of Nigerians. damn you now and forever

I extend this curse to you Buhari, IBB and other silly politicians we have
grin not late bro .you can study medicine at any time.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by azpekuliar: 10:43am On Aug 17, 2019
martphreak:
This man should be arrested and jailed for the rest of his vegetable life for bringing Nigeria to this point that we are in.. That man right there is the root cause of all the problems we are facing in this Country especially the rate of inflation we r suffering..

Its only in Nigeria we celebrate evil men, thieves and haters of true Democracy

I place far more blame for this country’s woes at Gowon’s feet than Babangida’s.

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by azpekuliar: 10:45am On Aug 17, 2019
Prideofthelion:

grin not late bro .you can study medicine at any time.

Absolutely correct. Some guy in the US just recently qualified as a medical doctor at 47. He had previously worked as a mechanic all his life before deciding to make a career switch.

Chase your dreams @blackb2

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cleveland.com/tipoff/2019/07/car-mechanic-shifts-gears-becomes-a-doctor-at-age-47-and-helps-address-shortage-of-black-doctors.html%3foutputType=amp

2 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by smileyoo: 10:48am On Aug 17, 2019
Ibb aged so fast like this? hmmmm, life is vanity. still remembered how he tried to silence our chief Gani Fawehimi.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by tot(f): 10:50am On Aug 17, 2019
Even while he is alive, see his legacy, see the comments people have to make about him.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by xpool(m): 10:50am On Aug 17, 2019
The only president that I ever begged money (Loan) several times to do business as a school leaver and he turned me down, from mid 90's to early 2000's.
Anyway, happy birthday,sir.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 17, 2019
ahmg001:
The crook himself.mouth like benin ore expressway

gringringrin
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 17, 2019
Happy Birthday Sir. Great men have ambition, others have only wishes. You changed so many life. You are a benefactor to so many great men today. Third Mainland bridge is one of your legacies. You are also the architect of modern Abuja.

You are not perfect. You tried your best. Greetings to Moha.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Okoroawusa: 10:55am On Aug 17, 2019
MicroBox:

You guess right.. I m actually a pikin.
So Military President exist in the dictionary, registered or reported in any language journal abi..
"In his own word, Nigeria Military President"
That would have been a much better phrase.
It is extremely misleading and wrong to use that phrase without a reference. those who are not around during his declaration would think is actually a correct adjective.
Never let anyone deceive you younger ones to think that Babangida was a good person
Drug trafficking
Weaking of the Naira
Forex black market
Brain drain
Movement of crucial industries out of Nigeria (ask an older person what Awolowo Road,ikeja used to be known for)
Fuel price increase
Infrastructural decay
Persistent university closures

All started with Babangida n they never left us till today.

Just schooling you on history.

3 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by IME1: 10:56am On Aug 17, 2019
dododawa1:
the man who make me to repeated primary 4 twice,when govt school refused to rusume in 1993.then ported to private school, nothing last forever in life.

Ahhhhhh
My dear I think say na only me oh
My own na pry 3 that year
I do only 2 terms that year
My own bad cos e dey near university so when the SUG dey demonstrate that time they go lock school
My sister no fit do jamb that year

IBB
Hmm combination of Buhari and IBB made my childhood different, there was SAP it was real.
I don't wish him bad though cos in history they have been worse people known and unknown
We just hope for the best, pray against the worst and work for a better era

Meanwhile are you related to the great Alhaji Saz Dododawa
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Okoroawusa: 10:58am On Aug 17, 2019
figoperch:

He included DFRRI too
6 3 3 4

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Shuaibu Removes APC Flag From Government House (Pictures) / President Buhari's Wedding Hoax, Rumours: Hilarious Reactions / Presidential Helicopter On Ground To Convey Jonathan To Bayelsa From PH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.