Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,139 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today (69544 Views)

Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 81st Birthday Today / President Buhari Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today / Abdulsalami Abubakar Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by subcbouy: 5:48pm On Aug 17, 2019
This man chop yams for diz obodo sha! full cheeks
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by godofuck231: 6:18pm On Aug 17, 2019
itsme01:

funny thing is , dele giwas widow doesnt seem to have any issues with babangida... we cant rule out what you said about the blackmail and payments
the man who killed him knows why
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Femicomputer(m): 6:52pm On Aug 17, 2019
Happy birthday to the evil man, may your evil follow you till death. So shall he be.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by ibkgab001: 6:52pm On Aug 17, 2019
blackb2:
May his legacy fade away just like my dream of becoming a Medical Doctor embarassed

I curse you Ibb for ruining my future and that of other millions of Nigerians. damn you now and forever

I extend this curse to you Buhari, IBB and other silly politicians we have

I was crying reading your post so Sad cry

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Femicomputer(m): 7:01pm On Aug 17, 2019
So shall he be.
blackb2:
May his legacy fade away just like my dream of becoming a Medical Doctor embarassed

I curse you Ibb for ruining my future and that of other millions of Nigerians. damn you now and forever

I extend this curse to you Buhari, IBB and other silly politicians we have

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by IJEYdiamond(f): 7:33pm On Aug 17, 2019
airbrush:

i used to called this man names Maradona,drug baron,oga corruption himself,thief,very devil man until second coming of Buhari break all record past ,present and future

Gezz!!!... Lost for words!!!!
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by XaintJoel20: 7:34pm On Aug 17, 2019
OfficialSam:

grin grin grin

Evil Genius! Exactly what he was called then. Nairaland 90's and 20's kids can never relate to this. No be small pikin you be. You don chop Christmas teh grin grin grin

Boss you wan use laugh kill sombori.
I don dey do thing small small then.
I can still remember very well how by parents dressed up to go and vote on that day while we used the opportunity to play football as usual on most Saturdays.
I never old like that sha.

grin
OfficialSam:

grin grin grin

Evil Genius! Exactly what he was called then. Nairaland 90's and 20's kids can never relate to this. No be small pikin you be. You don chop Christmas teh grin grin grin

Boss you wan use laugh kill sombori.
I don dey do thing small small then.
I can still remember vividly how by parents dressed up to go and vote on that day while we used the opportunity to play football as usual on most Saturdays.
I never old like that sha.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by XaintJoel20: 7:42pm On Aug 17, 2019
aminusodiq:
explain

Those who know a thing or two about MKO Abiola can tell you without bias that he was a religious fanatic and bigot worse than Buhari and also a ring invisible leader of most of the coup that happened in his days.
He was a also alleged to have gotten his enormous wealth through dubious means.
I am using the word 'alleged' because no court convicted him of corruption, but in the real sense of it, MKO Abiola is one of the most corrupt politicians that lived in his days.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by subcbouy: 7:49pm On Aug 17, 2019
VIRGINlabia:
I love this man, his bravery, intelligence, comportment and tactics .......cos of him I nearly joined the military in 1990, maybe by now I could have risen to the rank of Major
Major? You don't even know Army ranks let alone joining. From 1990- 2019 will get you Brig Gen/Major G / Brig G rtd

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Sh1g1d1: 8:19pm On Aug 17, 2019
Next
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Gbegirisoup: 8:19pm On Aug 17, 2019
As long as he made Asaba capital, am good.

Fine man by the way!
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Fourwinds: 8:29pm On Aug 17, 2019
samwise180:
Y him mouth kon wo like say him get stroke
he get stroke
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by itsme01: 8:32pm On Aug 17, 2019
XaintJoel20:

Those who know a thing or two about MKO Abiola can tell you without bias that he was a religious fanatic and bigot worse than Buhari and also a ring invisible leader of most of the coup that happened in his days.
I am using the word 'alleged' because no court convicted him of corruption, but in the real sense of it, MKO Abiola is one of the most corrupt politicians that lived in his days.

Oga this are mere propaganda... Abiola is too liberal to be a religious fanatic, infact he knows the bible as much as the quran, as he studied in a baptist school with the like of soyinka obasanjo and fela, again he made bulk off his money through the commuinication industry Radio Comuinincation Nigeria, and the beef he had with fela that made him sing ITT was due to royalty he froze from fella at decca records due to fellas to many misdeeds and contract infringement.. as for him sponsoring coups, the story is in the open, he was like the dangote of the 80s and each goverment rep or soldiers ran to him for finance

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Insectkiller: 8:44pm On Aug 17, 2019
The evil men did, live after them...

We and d world knows ur story...

shocked shocked
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by XaintJoel20: 8:49pm On Aug 17, 2019
itsme01:

Oga this are mere propaganda... Abiola is too liberal to be a religious fanatic, infact he knows the bible as much as the quran, as he studied in a baptist school with the like of soyinka obasanjo and fela, again he made bulk off his money through the commuinication industry Radio Comuinincation Nigeria, and the beef he had with fela that made him sing ITT was due to royalty he froze from fella at decca records due to fellas to many misdeeds and contract infringement.. as for him sponsoring coups, the story is in the open, he was like the dangote of the 80s and each goverment rep or soldiers ran to him for finance

So because he studied in Baptise school HR can't be a religious bigot?
Maybe you have to do more research on who MKO Abiola really was. I advise you study without any preconceived notion.
Thanks.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by itsme01: 8:55pm On Aug 17, 2019
XaintJoel20:

Maybe you have to do more research on who MKO Abiola really was. I advise you study without any preconceived notion.
Thanks.

I no every part of his story, from his birth to why he got his name, to his fire wood fetching business to clear his fathers cocoa debt, to his recruitment to all places he worked like LUTH accountant, to birth of his son and his study in uk to his breakthrough after a fight with murtala muhammed as a signal officer to yaradua's intrest in him till the day of is murder so please dont say what you dont know, even as a prisoner his only request was a bible and a quran, and the last visit of his two wives before he died he quoted a bible verse to them. so dont come up with that propaganda some of his wives are even christians

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by aminusodiq(m): 10:44pm On Aug 17, 2019
XaintJoel20:

i dont realy know much abt dis because i was born in the earlt 90s!!! MKO's legacy still stands strong!!! He might av got his wealth tru dubios means, nd
allegedly masteeminded some coups, wit questionable characters... But its very wrong fr ibb to ovaturn d result of a democratically elected president!!! Someone whom we heard was loved by all!!! Yar'adua's legacy stil lives on... If he had done bad!!! People would av talked abt it!!! Same forr mko i realised he was loved across all tribes!!! Hes only human cos all he did was almost dsame as wat presnt days politicians ar doin to d extreme/// most present day politicians are religion fanatic too (he suld av delcleard his fellow fulani herdsmen terrorists), dey ar hypocrite nd most of dem got dia wealrh frm very dubios means!!! Mayb, just may if he had ruled, d country would hav been a opposite of her present self
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by brookz: 11:22pm On Aug 17, 2019
HBD to one of the owners of Nigeria PLC grin

He's evil and genius at the same time.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by madjune(m): 11:32pm On Aug 17, 2019
Whether old or young, this man ruled his destiny.

He lived life on his terms.
He partook and organised successful coups which isn't at all easy, looted Nigeria, raised his children in ill gotten affluence and has arms still fresh in old age.

What more can anyone wish for?
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by GEEBITE: 5:42am On Aug 18, 2019
Abiola died a Christian, his doctor Ore Falomo confirmed this.The only thing he had with him in his last solitary confinement was a bible.
XaintJoel20:

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by XaintJoel20: 5:52am On Aug 18, 2019
GEEBITE:
Abiola died a Christian, his doctor Ore Falomo confirmed this.The only thing he had with him in his last solitary confinement was a bible.

I have heard that times without number. I am talking about how he lived his life in his active days.
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Shuaibu Removes APC Flag From Government House (Pictures) / President Buhari's Wedding Hoax, Rumours: Hilarious Reactions / Presidential Helicopter On Ground To Convey Jonathan To Bayelsa From PH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.