Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,445 members, 7,830,222 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Invictus Obi: Nigerians Drag Forbes, Atiku, Others For Promoting Fraudster - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Invictus Obi: Nigerians Drag Forbes, Atiku, Others For Promoting Fraudster (54469 Views)

Peter Obi: Nigerians Being Held Backward By Leadership Failure / Peter Obi: Nigerians Can’t Continue To Live In Mutual Suspicion / It’s An Insult Comparing Me To Hushpuppi, Says Jailed Invictus Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Invictus Obi: Nigerians Drag Forbes, Atiku, Others For Promoting Fraudster by ofwest47(m): 3:37pm On Aug 17, 2019
Anybody relating with Atiku is thief thief. looter looter.
Re: Invictus Obi: Nigerians Drag Forbes, Atiku, Others For Promoting Fraudster by Martin0(m): 3:40pm On Aug 17, 2019
gypsey:
Absolute bullshiit!! You have no Idea whatsoever how the white man behaves. i can bet my liver you have never in your life been aquinted with "The white man" Acording to you. white man would tap into Criminality?

You have made Absolute no sense!! You may kill to be in his criminality possition but you would be mentally unstable to think that other people would.

eheh Gypsey give me ur address my post am directly to you... then you fit also post directly to me....
Re: Invictus Obi: Nigerians Drag Forbes, Atiku, Others For Promoting Fraudster by tot(f): 3:42pm On Aug 17, 2019
grandstar:

That Elizabeth Holmes was something else. What stuns me was how she was able to get away with it for so long? She made suckers of everyone even Forbes

Madoff was the Don of Dons when it comes to corporate crooks.

He created the largest Ponzi scheme collecting over $50 billion and never invested a dime of the money. How low can you go?

Honestly.
Well, she's blonde and pretty, the quintessential "all American" girl. I'm sure that helped in some way. Branding and image, tick.
Madoff is the father of them all, someone needs to write a novel about that guy, like the Godfather cheesy

What puzzles me is how the investors fall for it. Don't they do due diligence? I don't get it. Although on the other hand, a lot of these scammers in the West package very well, so I guess it's sometimes more difficult to sift the wheat from the chaff.
Re: Invictus Obi: Nigerians Drag Forbes, Atiku, Others For Promoting Fraudster by anonymous1759(m): 3:42pm On Aug 17, 2019
Dudeweedlmao:

I'll never understand this mindset. So because people have stolen our money in the past, then it's okay to let criminals roam free when caught?

Tell this to youths who support politicians and criticize Street boys. If we must discriminate let it be all round.

He committed a crime he'll pay for it surely but my anger is way youths fight for politicians and criticize a street boy who don't have quarter of what these politicians kids have. Let the youths bash our politicians like this with one voice.

I've seen several comments when some South South youths tell the federal government to free the ex Petroleum mins that it's their oil and same people will criticize this young man its not fair.
Re: Invictus Obi: Nigerians Drag Forbes, Atiku, Others For Promoting Fraudster by tot(f): 3:45pm On Aug 17, 2019
anonymous1759:

Many people are bashing this guy for making money illegally despite the fact he invested the money in Nigeria and still runs a charity organization.

I'll not be surprised if this guy spends 10 yrs in jail and still come out richer than some people criticizing him.

Dude, let's put sentiments aside. Anyone involved in internet fraud is evil and NOTHING can ever justify it including philanthropy. Some of the victims of such fraud are people who have sweated decades to save up that money, some of the money are people's pensions, some people go ahead to commit suicide as a result. Please let us not forget that there are REAL PEOPLE at the other end of fraud.
It is not innocent money.
It is not harmless money.
It is money obtained by WICKEDNESS

1 Like

Re: Invictus Obi: Nigerians Drag Forbes, Atiku, Others For Promoting Fraudster by grandstar(m): 3:48pm On Aug 17, 2019
tot:

Honestly.
Well, she's blonde and pretty, the quintessential "all American" girl. I'm sure that helped in some way. Branding and image, tick.
Madoff is the father of them all, someone needs to write a novel about that guy, like the Godfather cheesy

What puzzles me is how the investors fall for it. Don't they do due diligence? I don't get it. Although on the other hand, a lot of these scammers in the West package very well, so I guess it's sometimes more difficult to sift the wheat from the chaff.

I believe why she was able to scam investors for long was because many sectors were discovering new frontiers and many felt Ms Holmes had done same for the diagnostic business not realizing she was nothing but a fraud. And as you said, she had good packaging

1 Like

Re: Invictus Obi: Nigerians Drag Forbes, Atiku, Others For Promoting Fraudster by Neoteny(m): 3:49pm On Aug 17, 2019
Sermwell:

just shut up you hypocrite!! Atiku made that statement in 2014 when he was contesting under APC

Donkey

Did I mention any party, or does politics matter in his greed and avarice, since he's a political prostitute who's not loyal to any particular party?

Idiot

1 Like

Re: Invictus Obi: Nigerians Drag Forbes, Atiku, Others For Promoting Fraudster by juman(m): 3:56pm On Aug 17, 2019
Hope he is innocent.
Re: Invictus Obi: Nigerians Drag Forbes, Atiku, Others For Promoting Fraudster by anonymous1759(m): 3:58pm On Aug 17, 2019
tot:

Dude, let's put sentiments aside. Anyone involved in internet fraud is evil and NOTHING can ever justify it including philanthropy. Some of the victims of such fraud are people who have sweated decades to save up that money, some of the money are people's pensions, some people go ahead to commit suicide as a result. Please let us not forget that there are REAL PEOPLE at the other end of fraud.

You're right it's Evil. My point is the Youths if we can criticize the politicians who create this menace things will be a little bit different.

The same set of people calling out this young man fight for people who destroyed their future that's why I'm angry.
Re: Invictus Obi: Nigerians Drag Forbes, Atiku, Others For Promoting Fraudster by Attempt: 4:00pm On Aug 17, 2019
onetouchconcept:
Hmmn.

THEY HAVE A WORKING SYSTEM UNLIKE HERE IN NIGERIA.

he is not even charged yet and Nigerians are already embarking on social media trial. I'm sure Forbes performed background checks on him before publishing his name. So chill
Forbes performed background checks on Escobar & El Chapo too right?
Re: Invictus Obi: Nigerians Drag Forbes, Atiku, Others For Promoting Fraudster by Tersorio(m): 4:06pm On Aug 17, 2019
tot:

Very true. But we should condemn this politicians who steal directly from us in this same manner, irrespective of their tribe or religion. These same people throwing stones at this invictus guy, always cry witch hunt when it involves their tribes men.
Re: Invictus Obi: Nigerians Drag Forbes, Atiku, Others For Promoting Fraudster by owila4luv(m): 4:43pm On Aug 17, 2019
it's normal for forbes to name rich people also it's normal for the presidential candidate to hail an out standing young man which the guy poses to be, it's not an never their duty to investigate him.
Re: Invictus Obi: Nigerians Drag Forbes, Atiku, Others For Promoting Fraudster by bjbjbj: 4:43pm On Aug 17, 2019
Some of our so call celebrity, are doing azar business for some big Yahoo boys home and abroad.
Re: Invictus Obi: Nigerians Drag Forbes, Atiku, Others For Promoting Fraudster by tot(f): 4:47pm On Aug 17, 2019
Heyzee5:

Never mind jawee, i don report am

Thank you my friend.
Re: Invictus Obi: Nigerians Drag Forbes, Atiku, Others For Promoting Fraudster by salford1: 4:56pm On Aug 17, 2019
festacman:
Emoney? Churchill?

I no know book!
All these guys with no handiwork yet parading themselves as millonaires all over social media. They are no different from Malaysia or South Africa based yahoo boys.

2 Likes

Re: Invictus Obi: Nigerians Drag Forbes, Atiku, Others For Promoting Fraudster by henryhemon(m): 5:36pm On Aug 17, 2019
salford1:

All these guys with no handiwork yet parading themselves as millonaires all over social media. They are no different from Malaysia or South Africa based yahoo boys.

Very well said.

1 Like

Re: Invictus Obi: Nigerians Drag Forbes, Atiku, Others For Promoting Fraudster by JayEntaur(m): 5:40pm On Aug 17, 2019
BluntBoy:
I don't like Atiku one bit, but in this case, he never endorsed Invictus Obi.

Rather, he was explaining to Obi that he (Atiku) has a lot of investment and that he (Atiku) is the largest private employer in Rivers. His failure to punctuate where necessary caused the misunderstanding.

One thing I have however noticed about Atiku is his perchance for avoiding the personal pronoun just to sound like a selfless man.

I thought I was the only one who noticed Atiku was referring to HIMSELF, and not Invictus, as the largest private employer of labour in Rivers State.

1 Like

Re: Invictus Obi: Nigerians Drag Forbes, Atiku, Others For Promoting Fraudster by BluntBoy(m): 5:44pm On Aug 17, 2019
JayEntaur:

I thought I was the only one who noticed Atiku was referring to HIMSELF, and not Invictus, as the largest private employer of labour in Rivers State.

Don't mind some people. They don't read very well before drawing conclusions.

I saw the title and still decided to thoroughly examine Atiku's post. I am not a fan of his. But I am not a fan of fake news either.

1 Like

Re: Invictus Obi: Nigerians Drag Forbes, Atiku, Others For Promoting Fraudster by jrusky(m): 5:46pm On Aug 17, 2019
Sermwell:

APC and it's minions are just being hypocritically stupid!! Atiku actually made that tweet in 2014 when he was in APC, and I'm sure they all agreed with him then!!

Don't mind them.
Re: Invictus Obi: Nigerians Drag Forbes, Atiku, Others For Promoting Fraudster by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 17, 2019
itsme01:
angry

sad one for the guy cos US fit give a looooong jail term, but with all i have seen.. all they had against him were his internet cookies, and Google snitched information

I feel a wave of lawsuits coming down on google. What they did was a classic breach of privacy that they promised their customers
Re: Invictus Obi: Nigerians Drag Forbes, Atiku, Others For Promoting Fraudster by itsme01: 5:58pm On Aug 17, 2019
mrAMG2:

I feel a wave of lawsuits coming down on google. What they did was a classic breach of privacy that they promised their customers

the investigator even claimed to have another snitch working for them in another tech company that flaged his email, if he has a good lawyer he can give them a very good fight since no financial record currently traced back to him
Re: Invictus Obi: Nigerians Drag Forbes, Atiku, Others For Promoting Fraudster by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 17, 2019
Iamgrey5:
They already released a statement on why he was arrested.

FBI just don't arrest any random person like the Nigerian Police.

They won’t equally arrest you unless they have direct evidence linking you to the crime. Why do you think they go undercover, initiate wire taps and bust drug dealers at the point of exchange?

All they have is a name and email address. Obi could always argue that his email was compromised by someone else since he wasn’t caught red handed logging in and sending any emails.

I just hope the obi guy put a powerful international lawyer on retainer.

This arrest is just a formality. They will only grill and question him. They won’t charge him; unless they find the laptop with the email they traced him with still LOGGED IN and email messages proving the crime is found on there.

CSI MIami has taught me plenty sha.

I’m fairly confident the guy will walk but he will be watched closely for a looong time. And pray they don’t burst someone else who implicates him.

You’re innocent until proven guilty in a law court.
Re: Invictus Obi: Nigerians Drag Forbes, Atiku, Others For Promoting Fraudster by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 17, 2019
itsme01:

the investigator even claimed to have another snitch working for them in another tech company that flaged his email, if he has a good lawyer he can give them a very good fight since no financial record currently traced back to him

Yessss my point exactly. One gmail account can be logged into at the same time from more than 3 locations in the world and if you don’t check your email folders regularly, you won’t know someone is using it. He can argue his email account was also compromised.

They can’t even hold him on financial records, all they have is cookies and snitches.

He’ll most likely walk
Re: Invictus Obi: Nigerians Drag Forbes, Atiku, Others For Promoting Fraudster by Iamgrey5(m): 6:09pm On Aug 17, 2019
mrAMG2:

They won’t equally arrest you unless they have direct evidence linking you to the crime. Why do you think they go undercover, initiate wire taps and bust drug dealers at the point of exchange?

All they have is a name and email address. Obi could always argue that his email was compromised by someone else since he wasn’t caught red handed logging in and sending any emails.

I just hope the obi guy put a powerful international lawyer on retainer.

This arrest is just a formality. They will only grill and question him. They won’t charge him; unless they find the laptop with the email they traced him with still LOGGED IN and email messages proving the crime is found on there.

CSI MIami has taught me plenty sha.

I’m fairly confident the guy will walk but he will be watched closely for a looong time. And pray they don’t burst someone else who implicates him.

You’re innocent until proven guilty in a law court.
This is the FBI we are talking about not the New York state police department (NYPD) or Florida state police department.

I am sure they have more than enough evidence to nail him, but they won't want to put out all the details because it will help his defense team.

He has a very little to small chances of walking.
Re: Invictus Obi: Nigerians Drag Forbes, Atiku, Others For Promoting Fraudster by joeeee240(m): 6:09pm On Aug 17, 2019
Dudeweedlmao:
Forbes works with FBI, but their relationship is top secret.

They do not.
Re: Invictus Obi: Nigerians Drag Forbes, Atiku, Others For Promoting Fraudster by samegold(m): 6:10pm On Aug 17, 2019
anonymous1759:

Many people are bashing this guy for making money illegally despite the fact he invested the money in Nigeria and still runs a charity organization.

But the same jobless, holy holy youths who disguise as honest hard working Nigerians but have a heart filled with hate and envy. Will support corrupt politicians who steal from them directly and use the money to host meetings in Dubai, acquire jewelry worth over $40 m. Same politicians who give their in-laws over $40 m for special assignments, some stole $2 b meant to fight insurgency that led to death of innocent people is not blood money or ritual?

What about the ones who invite bullion vans their house? Some even hide money in their Agbada in broad day light.
If I start listing names from Jan to Dec it won't be enough.

Yet the hard work Nigerian youth won't see those one's they believe they can never get to that level but when they see a young a man like them doing Fine they feel intimated and pray for their downfall.

All of una dey mad, the same youth who criticise these men will storm their social media handle to beg for bread but can't Demand Accountability from their leaders who put them in that mess.

The foreign Agencies you give credit to commit more atrocities than Nigerians useless Asslicking youths .

I'll not be surprised if this guy spends 10 yrs in jail and still come out richer than some people criticizing him.

Well said, well said

1 Like

Re: Invictus Obi: Nigerians Drag Forbes, Atiku, Others For Promoting Fraudster by Parada: 6:10pm On Aug 17, 2019
Pardon my manners but was that how you Igbos waited for Buhari Tinubu Awolowo n co to be convicted before disparaging them daily on NL with your foolish mouth ?
nonut:

You have comprehension problems.
The guy is simply saying that the investigation is still going on, and since there's no conviction yet, he's not guilty.
Us is not Nigeria, investigation and conviction are not not the same.
Re: Invictus Obi: Nigerians Drag Forbes, Atiku, Others For Promoting Fraudster by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 17, 2019
Iamgrey5:
This is the FBI we are talking about not the New York state police department (NYPD) or Florida state police department.

I am sure they have more than enough evidence to nail him, but they won't want to put out all the details out because it will help his defense team.

He has a very little to small chances of walking.

They put the bulk of the info in that report. He’s not a terrorist so there’s no need to hide any info.

Like I said up there; unless someone else has implicated him, unless they find the tool of the crime on him, unless they catch him at the point of sending an email then it can always be argued that it wasn’t him.
Re: Invictus Obi: Nigerians Drag Forbes, Atiku, Others For Promoting Fraudster by Iamgrey5(m): 6:18pm On Aug 17, 2019
mrAMG2:

They put the bulk of the info in that report. He’s not a terrorist so there’s no need to hide any info.

Like I said up there; unless someone else has implicated him, unless they find the tool of the crime on him, unless they catch him at the point of sending an email then it can always be argued that it wasn’t him.
@ emboldened who is a terrorist?

Anyways, they don't usually release the entire details surrounding an arrest until the suspect has been convicted of the crime.

The FBi won't make arrest on allegations of email address alone. They have a reputation to protect unlike EFCC and SARS.

The email belongs to him and they must have tracked down some fraudulent financial transactions to his account.
Re: Invictus Obi: Nigerians Drag Forbes, Atiku, Others For Promoting Fraudster by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 17, 2019
Iamgrey5:
@ emboldened who is a terrorist?

Anyways, they don't usually release the entire details surrounding an arrest until the suspect has been convicted of the crime.

The FBi won't make arrest on allegations of email address alone. They have a reputation to protect unlike EFCC and SARS.

The email belongs to him and they must have tracked down some fraudulent financial transactions to his account.

We’ll see how it plays out sha.

Wish the trial can be televised
Re: Invictus Obi: Nigerians Drag Forbes, Atiku, Others For Promoting Fraudster by rafindo(m): 6:56pm On Aug 17, 2019
onetouchconcept:
Hmmn.

There is no smoke without fire, let the FBI do their job. If he is indeed fraudulent, I'm sure the FBI will find out and Forbes will issue a statement in that regard because why? THEY HAVE A WORKING SYSTEM UNLIKE HERE IN NIGERIA.

he is not even charged yet and Nigerians are already embarking on social media trial. I'm sure Forbes performed background checks on him before publishing his name. So chill
Enablers of corruption.
Re: Invictus Obi: Nigerians Drag Forbes, Atiku, Others For Promoting Fraudster by Ugosample(m): 6:56pm On Aug 17, 2019
martineverest:
irony is that those dragging atiku and Forbes are also criminals or relatives of criminals that celebrate and worship criminals.

celebrating and worshipping criminals is a modern culture in Nigeria...

Nigeria: a country where abnormalities has become Normal

exactly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shocker: Buhari Accuses U . S. Of Aiding Boko Haram / Throwback To 1986 'End Police Brutality' Protest In Lagos (Video) / Buhari’s Cabinet: 33 Ministerial Nominees Fail Corruption Test-tribune

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.