Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

It’s An Insult Comparing Me To Hushpuppi, Says Jailed Invictus Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It’s An Insult Comparing Me To Hushpuppi, Says Jailed Invictus Obi (43831 Views)

Abba Kyari Sent His Photos To Hushpuppi - FBI (Pictures) / Abike Dabiri React To Hushpuppi's Arrest, Slams Him For Showing Off His Wealth / Invictus Obi: Nigerians Drag Forbes, Atiku, Others For Promoting Fraudster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

It’s An Insult Comparing Me To Hushpuppi, Says Jailed Invictus Obi by Doraty1(f): 5:25am On Sep 29, 2021
Convicted fraudster, Obinwanne Okeke, better known as Invictus, who is currently serving a 10-year sentence in a United States prison for $11m fraud, says it is insulting comparing him with self professed fraudster, Ramon Abass, aka Hushpuppi, Yahoo News reports.

Invictus said while he took to fraud in order to empower the less fortunate in Nigeria, Hushpuppi defrauded people in order to show off on social media.

While Invictus has been convicted, Hushpuppi is facing criminal charges for conspiracy to launder money obtained from business email compromise frauds and other scams, including schemes that defrauded a US law firm of about $40m, illegally transferred $14.7m from a foreign financial institution and targeted to steal $124m from an English football club until his arrest by the Dubai Police in June 2020 and his extradition to the US

Responding to a question on his similarity with Hushpuppi, Invictus said, “It’s insulting. Hushpuppi and I are not on the same level. Hushpuppi could never achieve what I achieved. He cannot run a business and we are not similar in any way. He was out to please the crowd, I was out to change lives, create jobs and conquer the business world. I have done so much for my community back home with my charity foundation, which lives has he helped? Nobody.”

When asked if he disliked Hushpuppi, Invictus responded, “No I have never met him, but I just find the continued comparison very annoying. Our impact on the world is very different. I have made a much more positive contribution to society than he has.”

Invictus, who was named on Forbes Africa 30 under 30 in 2016, also went down memory lane, narrating how he became a fraudster.

He added, “I was doing a little here and there but the level changed through this one particular friend I used to look up to. I visited him one day and he was living very comfortably with three new cars and a huge house at a young age. When at his house I noticed him on a website www.vionz.to that was selling crypto and money highways.

Why Hushpuppi's account remains active, according to Instagram
Hushpuppi: Buhari will determine Abba Kyari’s fate, says minister
Hushpuppi: PSC gets report, Kyari may face disciplinary panel
“I asked him about the website and he showed me that he buys bank and crypto logins from there and easily withdraws above $20,000 at a time; that’s how he was funding his lifestyle. In 15 minutes he demonstrated it to me and from there I tried it myself when I got home.

“After successfully doing my first transfer so easily, it was hard to stop after that. From there I got introduced to other money making schemes that got me where I am today.”

On what he missed the most about the outside world, Invictus said he missed his family and his business.
https://punchng.com/its-an-insult-comparing-me-to-hushpuppi-says-jailed-invictus-obi/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&amp&utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s An Insult Comparing Me To Hushpuppi, Says Jailed Invictus Obi by Bola146(f): 5:28am On Sep 29, 2021

1 Like

Re: It’s An Insult Comparing Me To Hushpuppi, Says Jailed Invictus Obi by Jimalicoco(m): 5:30am On Sep 29, 2021
Hmmm

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It’s An Insult Comparing Me To Hushpuppi, Says Jailed Invictus Obi by Commentor: 5:32am On Sep 29, 2021
Thief no like thief style.

233 Likes 15 Shares

Re: It’s An Insult Comparing Me To Hushpuppi, Says Jailed Invictus Obi by TUANKU(m): 5:33am On Sep 29, 2021
Who interviewed him? All i see is "he said this" "he said that".
And the link you posted is that a weaponized link (malware) or a click bait?

Someone should educate this illiterate caveman MANNABBQGRILL about DNS poisoning since his brain is too small to comprehend. The donkey cannot believe a legitimate link can be weaponized.

200 Likes 11 Shares

Re: It’s An Insult Comparing Me To Hushpuppi, Says Jailed Invictus Obi by DCmonster: 5:42am On Sep 29, 2021
grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It’s An Insult Comparing Me To Hushpuppi, Says Jailed Invictus Obi by Ruggedniggaone: 5:56am On Sep 29, 2021
Thief na thief

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s An Insult Comparing Me To Hushpuppi, Says Jailed Invictus Obi by whytediamond(m): 5:58am On Sep 29, 2021
Leemaaao

1 Like

Re: It’s An Insult Comparing Me To Hushpuppi, Says Jailed Invictus Obi by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:59am On Sep 29, 2021
Convicted fraudster, Obinwanne Okeke, better known as Invictus, who is currently serving a 10-year sentence in a United States prison for $11m fraud, says it is insulting comparing him with self professed fraudster, Ramon Abass, aka Hushpuppi, Yahoo News reports
What a shameless swine and a pig.
A case of a kettle calling a pot black.
A devil saying Lucifer is more badd ass than him!
Both of you will rot in prison las las.

You will see their online fraudsters coming to support them now, if they haven't started already.
Wasted generations.
Tueh!
The fraud y'all commit now (duping hardworking people of their hard earned money, causing many people to commit suicide as you wipe off their accounts, destroying many homes) will seek y'all out.
Y'all can never have peace for all your crimes.
Y'all thieves can continue to hide behind politics to abuse ya mothers.
But some of us here will always hit your fraudulent and empty brains with the undiluted truth.

Dem MANNA, AKA da truth in da building.

Truth is not bitter, just that people are bitter to the truth.......

If the truth wanna kill them, let them dieeee!!!

60 Likes 8 Shares

Re: It’s An Insult Comparing Me To Hushpuppi, Says Jailed Invictus Obi by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:59am On Sep 29, 2021
Invictus said while he took to fraud in order to empower the less fortunate in Nigeria, Hushpuppi defrauded people in order to show off on social media.
Make dog chop that mouth wey u take talk about empowerment.
Have you empowered the less fortunate in your father's compound before talking about Nigeria?
Empowerment kee u dia for d prison wey u dey.

Fraudsters soiling the name of our darling nation out there.
They have all the opportunities to live a good life and make money in a legit way, but nah, fraud, crimes and drug peddling is engraved forever on their foreheads.
Animalistic Fraudsters everywhere.
And these 2 criminals are still role models to some online miscreants, pathetic!

If the truth wanna kill them, let them dieeee!!!

On a lighter note,
This thread should be under the joke section wink

Modify :

TUANKU:

Who interviewed him? All i see is "he said this" "he said that".
And the link you posted is that a weaponized link (malware) or a click bait?
So Punch Newspaper is now a weaponized/malware click bait?
Same link we clicked on that took us straight to Punch Newspaper website. (Screenshots attached below....)
And as usual, your ilks have started liking and sharing your lies/confusion without verifying by themselves.
They just see someone posting false trash, and they believe it instanta!
Keep on supporting fraudsters.
No wonder you were typing trash earlier, now we know!
As Prophet Phyno talk, dem no dey telli person.
Kontinue!
It's all a matter of time.
Shaking our heads!!

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: It’s An Insult Comparing Me To Hushpuppi, Says Jailed Invictus Obi by GboyegaD(m): 5:59am On Sep 29, 2021
Na dis one be the real definition of "pot calling kettle black".

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s An Insult Comparing Me To Hushpuppi, Says Jailed Invictus Obi by ATEAMS: 5:59am On Sep 29, 2021
Ok

1 Like

Re: It’s An Insult Comparing Me To Hushpuppi, Says Jailed Invictus Obi by Nobody: 5:59am On Sep 29, 2021
Who be this invictus obi?

I heard he was once a member of this forum

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s An Insult Comparing Me To Hushpuppi, Says Jailed Invictus Obi by How100: 6:00am On Sep 29, 2021
Crime doesn't pay

Who should we compare you with bro?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s An Insult Comparing Me To Hushpuppi, Says Jailed Invictus Obi by shevon: 6:00am On Sep 29, 2021
Im still get mouth to talk?

8 Likes

Re: It’s An Insult Comparing Me To Hushpuppi, Says Jailed Invictus Obi by chukiz(m): 6:00am On Sep 29, 2021
Birds of the same feather,

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It’s An Insult Comparing Me To Hushpuppi, Says Jailed Invictus Obi by AkalaJ: 6:00am On Sep 29, 2021
Wonderment. Thief dey criticized hin fellow thief. E choke.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s An Insult Comparing Me To Hushpuppi, Says Jailed Invictus Obi by Angelfrost(m): 6:01am On Sep 29, 2021
Just listen to this criminal... Justifying what exactly?!! Mtchewwww!

9 Likes

Re: It’s An Insult Comparing Me To Hushpuppi, Says Jailed Invictus Obi by TuFab(f): 6:02am On Sep 29, 2021
So he's still bragging in that condition?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s An Insult Comparing Me To Hushpuppi, Says Jailed Invictus Obi by DesChyko: 6:02am On Sep 29, 2021
The link posted there.. Hmmm.. angry

4 Likes

Re: It’s An Insult Comparing Me To Hushpuppi, Says Jailed Invictus Obi by saddler: 6:02am On Sep 29, 2021
undecided

Shame and failure has always been an orphan.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s An Insult Comparing Me To Hushpuppi, Says Jailed Invictus Obi by Coronavirus84: 6:03am On Sep 29, 2021
Forbes under 30 criminal thief still have the mind to talk abi. Yeye dey smell

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s An Insult Comparing Me To Hushpuppi, Says Jailed Invictus Obi by Nobody: 6:03am On Sep 29, 2021
Robinhood

13 Likes

Re: It’s An Insult Comparing Me To Hushpuppi, Says Jailed Invictus Obi by babaRUNtinz(m): 6:03am On Sep 29, 2021
In as much as there is ni o difference between six and half dozen.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s An Insult Comparing Me To Hushpuppi, Says Jailed Invictus Obi by Nikkganc08(m): 6:04am On Sep 29, 2021
Lol

2 Likes

Re: It’s An Insult Comparing Me To Hushpuppi, Says Jailed Invictus Obi by datola: 6:05am On Sep 29, 2021
What's the difference between 5 and 6

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yusuf Bichi Conducts Secret Recruitment With North Getting 535 - SaharaReporters / Pastor Tunde Bakare Pays Buhari Congratulatory Visit In Kaduna.... See Photos / Amotekun: Lagos, Osun, Ekiti Recruit 1,320 Militiamen. "They Can Use Guns"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.