Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,181 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good (44846 Views)

Eba And Soup Used As Communion In Church (video) / Lady Bleeds From The Eyes After Receiving Holy Communion In Enugu(photos,video) / I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by toolovely(m): 9:31am On Aug 18, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Stfu. He based his claim on the Bible. Nowhere was communion taken during daytime

So do Redeemed churches take communion at nights?
Is 5pm night?

I can't remember any redeem church going for communion service from 8pm

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by stanwheellz(m): 9:38am On Aug 18, 2019
festacman:
There is a little mix up here. The Passover meal that started on the eve of Exodus from Egypt and continued in the Promised land took place in the evening. Passover meal is about the deliverance of children of Isreal from slavery through to freedom in the land of Canaan as God promised Abraham.

On the other hand, the Christian Holy Communion was instituted by Jesus Christ himself during his last Passover meal with his Apostles prior to his arrest, trial and crucifixion.

Significantly, the BLOOD of everlasting covenant we drink at Holy Communion was shed by Jesus during the day on cross. In the same manner, the BODY of Christ we eat was sacrificed on the same cross during the broad day light. Unlike Passover meal, Holy Communion is signifies deliverance from power of sin through Christ as promised by God through the words of His prophets.

However the LEGALISTIC emphasis on timing of Holy Communion is simply unnecessary. The ACT of taking of Communion and TIME it is taken are very much inferior to the FRUITS the act is meant to produce: uncompromising love for God and sincere show of love (care, forgiveness, compassion, etc) for fellow human beings.

Pastor Adeboye just make me weak this sunday morning.

Atleast verify your info, compare and contrast reasons

Dis days sha pple just dey speak dia mind whether ee mke sense or not but dem forget say social media no dey smile.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by stanwheellz(m): 9:43am On Aug 18, 2019
mystiquerebirth:
The trend of this generation is to jump in and attack every word by a pastor. It's obviously perceived as being cool, modern and liberated.

Funnily, he backed up his position on the Holy communion with verses from the Bible, the book of authority for him and Christianity adherents, so why are all these persons trying to be 'savage' with their comments unable to make any intelligent counter-statements based on the Bible. This is not an argument based on your opinion.

The Pastor said he always mentioned fasting as an excuse to decline the Holy communion during the day, then why do many people think He is fasting? You weren't there with him, or do you require a video evidence as this generation always demands? Many spiritual persons embark on fasts on the days of their worship.

It's not always about 'touch not my anointed', it's about what's fair, right and just. Would you appreciate a teenager cussing out your father on the internet, or even you? Would you find it fair for someone to troll you, mindlessly calling you a liar, a cheat and a fake, when they know next to nothing about what you have practiced and excelled at all your life.

Judgment, consequences, karma, pay-day , whatever name it goes by, would come for us all someday, even for the things we type anonymously on the internet.
What is dis one saying
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by 2nattie(m): 9:43am On Aug 18, 2019
Can anyone explain why its called the last 'supper'?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by omlueh(m): 9:43am On Aug 18, 2019
Pastor Williams Folorunsho Kumuyi will be seen in Haven at least he is the only true Yoruba Pastor for now
MondayOsunbor:

ay, he would decline taking by simply stating: “I am fasting.”

Na that is not a lie !

I will be surprise if I see any
Yoruba in heaven

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by Haykinsofficial: 9:47am On Aug 18, 2019
scarwiz:
as a redeemer i reserved my comments ;Das Redeemer i reserved my comments
Serial hypocrite

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by kalu61(m): 9:48am On Aug 18, 2019
electroTech:

Lol. Daddy G.O using the sin of lying to avoid the sin of taking holy Communion during the day grin
An average man is a hypocrite
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by 12345baba(m): 9:48am On Aug 18, 2019
Old age done dey worry this man.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by Haykinsofficial: 9:51am On Aug 18, 2019
point5:
Is there any other beneficiary from Church if not the teaching of Christ..
Keep kwayet!

U deserve d slap not him!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by kelsidengkucio(m): 9:51am On Aug 18, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Stfu. He based his claim on the Bible. Nowhere was communion taken during daytime

Base on the bible then we should take communion in the upper room of an hotel, base on the bible we should all sit round the priest while taking it, base on the bible we should take it once, only during the Passover.
Sheeples.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by kalu61(m): 9:52am On Aug 18, 2019
Authority1o1:
I do not think its wrong to take the holy communion during the day.
But again it's better to take it during the evening period because its called the 'last supper'.
Taking it in the evening has a strong symbolical significance,from showing you are totally obedient to the doctrine
of holy communion to depicting your obedience to our Lord's command.

But daddy adeboye,why would you say you are fasting when you are not?
Is it not better to just say;'No thanks.I don't take the holy communion during the day.' ?
this conclusion want burst my belle

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by adeife16(m): 9:54am On Aug 18, 2019
hisexcellency34:

And nowhere was it stated it should be taken at night
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by Ventuga4: 9:54am On Aug 18, 2019
Did he actually say this,what's the proof that he did.
I will keep saying this even with video proof,be sure before you speak against the lords anointed. Many have died cos of this singular reason.
Mirian and Aaron spoke against Moses, though moses was wrong,how come Mirian got leprosy and Aaron didn't find out why. Papa Adeboye is a man and is subject to teach wrongly, but that does not give you the right to day trash about him

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by Atungs(m): 10:00am On Aug 18, 2019
Robisky001:
Holy communion is a food for the soul and not a food for the body. It enriches the soul and not the body. The communion is taken when you're in the state of grace, and doesn't matter if you took it in the morning or at night.

You must be a true Catholic man, ur comment is epic!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by seborrhic: 10:01am On Aug 18, 2019
StrikeBack:
Says the man that drank Cowbell choco with God
grin
StrikeBack:
Says the man that drank Cowbell choco with God
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by headz(m): 10:02am On Aug 18, 2019
This is how they talk whenever there is no new rhema or wowing interpretation of some scripture to give the "ride on Pastor" consumers. Can't you just use an old hook? who will remember anyway instead of using holy communion to do three square meals or dieting.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by EduBrazil1991(m): 10:04am On Aug 18, 2019
Robisky001:
Holy communion is a food for the soul and not a food for the body. It enriches the soul and not the body. The communion is taken when you're in the state of grace, and doesn't matter if you took it in the morning or at night.

The state of grace..
Makes de difference.... Pentecostals know nothing about that..
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by femi4: 10:05am On Aug 18, 2019
hisexcellency34:

Where is it written that it must be taken only at night
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by Crownofwealth(m): 10:06am On Aug 18, 2019
According to him, whenever he is invited to some churches and they were serving Holy Communion in the day, he would decline taking by simply stating: “I am fasting.”

very laughable. we add too much to be Bible. what Jesus Christ directed should be done in commemoration of him is now been limited to time. so if I choose to commemorate that moment every hour it becomes a sin? we must be careful.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by MiddleDimension: 10:06am On Aug 18, 2019
Robisky001:

you are Catholic
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by femi4: 10:06am On Aug 18, 2019
EduBrazil1991:

The state of grace..
Makes de difference.... Pentecostals know nothing about that..
So Redeem now speaks for all the pentacostals
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by MiddleDimension: 10:07am On Aug 18, 2019
hisexcellency34:

you area witness
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by SilasNwude: 10:08am On Aug 18, 2019
[s]
Pvssy:
"According to him, whenever he is invited to some churches and they were serving Holy Communion in the day, he would decline taking by simply stating: “I am fasting.”"

And could not correct them immediately with the scripture but rather lied to them.

Only for him to come out now to say it's wrong.

The God we serve in Nigeria is different from what others serve in other parts of the world. Ours is just so special

[/s]
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by Atungs(m): 10:08am On Aug 18, 2019
2nattie:
Can anyone explain why its called the last 'supper'?

Last supper simply refers to the last meal Jesus ate with his apostles, it doesn't refer to late night meal.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by mystiquerebirth(m): 10:09am On Aug 18, 2019
Something you'll never understand.

stanwheellz:

What is dis one saying
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by Glorylynn: 10:09am On Aug 18, 2019
I pity our generation,someone that has so much knowledge about the Bible is telling you the right way to do something and some people here are still arguing the fact,let’s even forget the fact that he is a bible scholar taking the last supper during the day is so wrong biblically and up till now some churches do not take it during the day.
Reading the Bible is something but reading the Bible and understanding it deeply can only be accomplished through the Holy Spirit,before you can read the Bible and understand it deeply you need a strong connection with the Holy Spirit,that is why it doesn’t freak me when I see pastors who misinterprete the Bible because most of them are motivational speakers,they are not called.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by Starhearts: 10:10am On Aug 18, 2019
Church is like shoprites
Where is daddy Freeze
I can only believe Agba Awo Daddy Freeze
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by femi4: 10:12am On Aug 18, 2019
judedwriter:

Yeah, it is rather confusing. But remember the holy communion is called "The Lord's Supper" so i suppose it's best to take it as a meal at night like a supper.
Did Jesus named it "The Lord's Supper"

Lk 22:19 And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by mystiquerebirth(m): 10:13am On Aug 18, 2019
And, can we have your superior opinion on this, contrary to what 'the man' said?

My interest is not on who is wrong or right, but the fact that majority of the comments on this opinion, does not proffer any supporting or contrary idea, just senseless attacks on the pastor, all because of his profession.

Zodiac61:

Just because the man says it does not mean he is right.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by femi4: 10:16am On Aug 18, 2019
mystiquerebirth:
And, can we have your superior opinion on this, contrary to what 'the man' said?

My interest is not on who is wrong or right, but the fact that majority of the comments on this opinion, does not proffer any supporting or contrary idea, just senseless attacks on the pastor, all because of his profession.

All Jesus said was "And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.

Now, humans decided to add or remove from it

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by lloyds(m): 10:16am On Aug 18, 2019
The man has grown old now. . A great man of God.

Be careful how you mock anointed men of God. . They may speak their opinion, that does not mean that their garment has been removed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

God First - Ugandan Lady Shares Pics Of Herself Reading Bible Wearing Only Shirt / Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members / I Kept My Virginity But Lost My Purity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.