Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,812 members, 7,810,115 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

Hausa-foulani Thread - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Hausa-foulani Thread (4198 Views)

Learn How To Speak Hausa Here / Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary / What Are You? Yoruba, Ibo or Hausa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by deor03(m): 3:26pm On Oct 27, 2010
namfav:

hausa/foulani issues

Bro Take am easy oh.
Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by namfav(m): 3:26pm On Oct 27, 2010
since when do cows belong to the hausa/foulani ethnicity?
Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 27, 2010
namfav:

since when do cows belong to the hausa/foulani ethnicity?
Nobody said they did. But who mostly herds them but the hausa/fulanis? If you can't control your cows, would you like another to make suyas out f them?

Offtopic ; Do you know where they make good suya in N. America?
Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by namfav(m): 3:42pm On Oct 27, 2010
Nobody said they did. But who mostly herds them but the hausa/fulanis? If you can't control your cows, would you like another to make suyas out f them?

Offtopic ; Do you know where they make good suya in N. America?

since when is controlling cows a policy anywhere?

how would i knoow what they sell in america?
Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by Odunnu: 3:44pm On Oct 27, 2010
You sound very angry with the general public
Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 27, 2010
namfav:

since when is controlling cows a policy anywhere?

how would i knoow what they sell in america?

You're not only rude, but also insensitive, IMO. You have no sense of guilt for what your mensfolk do. You do not care that some ppl depend on their crops, or how your ppl have no respect for their hosts. SMH.

I thought you were in N. America. Maybe you know someone who has a suya shop up here undecided but nevermind.
Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by namfav(m): 4:54pm On Oct 27, 2010
You sound very angry with the general public

you are very wrong
Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by namfav(m): 4:57pm On Oct 27, 2010
ou're not only[b] rude, but also insensitive[/b], IMO. You have no sense of guilt for what your mensfolk do. You do not care that some ppl depend on their crops, or how your ppl have no respect for their hosts. SMH.

I thought you were in N. America. Maybe you know someone who has a suya shop up here Undecided but nevermind.

are you sure that you are not talking about yourself

1. you insulted my mother
2. you insulted my father
3. you insulted my ethnicity
4. you insulted my heritage
5. you insulted my culture and history
6. you insulted my religion
7. you call me all kinds of names

while
1. i have never insulted your mother
2. nor your father
3. or your ethnicity
4. or your heritage
5. or your culture and history
6. never have insulted your religion
7. never called you names

talk about rude and insensitive
Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 27, 2010
namfav:

are you sure that you are not talking about yourself

1. you insulted my mother
2. you insulted my father
3. you insulted my ethnicity
4. you insulted my heritage
5. you insulted my culture and history
6. you insulted my religion
7. you call me all kinds of names

while
1. i have never insulted your mother
2. nor your father
3. or your ethnicity
4. or your heritage
5. or your culture and history
6. never have insulted your religion
7. never called you names

talk about rude and insensitive

Dude, are you sure you're not getting me confused with someone else?

C'mon stay on topic. Address the issues I posted in my previous posts. We're trying to address hau-Lani issue.
Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by namfav(m): 5:15pm On Oct 27, 2010
i won't adresse anything which does not have worth such as cows being cows
Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 27, 2010
namfav:

i won't adresse anything which does not have worth such as cows being cows
this is simply rude.

You ask us to discuss and we bring up issues to discus but you feel that it's not worthy enough? That's not how a leader thinks/ address issuess.

So, what do you feel like is worthy enough? Jos murder massacre?
Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by namfav(m): 5:24pm On Oct 27, 2010
this is simply rude.

You ask us to discuss and we bring up issues to discus but you feel that it's not worthy enough? That's not how a leader thinks/ address issuess.

So, what do you feel like is worthy enough? Jos murder massacre?

if you want to talk about that no problem, we can discuss andi will say what i understand
Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 27, 2010
namfav:

if you want to talk about that no problem, we can discuss andi will say what i understand
Ok then, let's discuss. Didn't come to abuse or be abused.

I don't really get the issue in Jos, what exactly is it about? From lil I know, I know that religious conflict plays a role. What sets the massacre off?
Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by namfav(m): 5:48pm On Oct 27, 2010
Ok then, let's discuss. Didn't come to abuse or be abused.

I don't really get the issue in Jos, what exactly is it about? From lil I know, I know that religious conflict plays a role. What sets the massacre off?

its defintely not about religion, i don't want to sound bias but if you live in a place for centuries and you are still being called/seen a settler (not even white people in south africa are called settlers), i am sure it has the potential to explode sometimes, there is an anti-northern sentiment in jos,and a part of aggression on our side which is unncessary
i cannot summerise the couses, because it is a long list, some people may disagree, some people have their own reasons, it is broad issue that has not been adressed on every quarter
Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 27, 2010
namfav:

its defintely not about religion, i don't want to sound bias but if you live in a place for centuries and you are still being called/seen a settler (not even white people in south africa are called settlers), i am sure it has the potential to explode sometimes, there is an anti-northern sentiment in jos,and a part of aggression on our side which is unncessary
i cannot summerise the couses, because it is a long list, some people may disagree, some people have their own reasons, it is broad issue that has not been adressed on every quarter

Hmmm interesting. Expatiate more on your anti-northerner sentiment plz.

Aren't Jos population mostly yoruba? undecided is there that much friction between yoruba and hausa-fulani?
Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by namfav(m): 6:49pm On Oct 27, 2010

Aren't Jos population mostly yoruba? Undecided is there that much friction between yoruba and hausa-fulani?

northers are uneducated, northerners are muslim (somehow the missionaries have associated evil with islam), we are ruthless, heartless and all the evil things have been labled for the north and these kinds of things are dangerous, i for 1 had a cousin that got killed in these types of violence its unnecessary and if we want to move forward we should stop labling other people like that, if you want to see how damaging these stereotypes are just look at america

jos has many people other than yorubas, i never considered most yorubas as our enemies
Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by aljharem(m): 7:30pm On Oct 27, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Aren't Jos population mostly yoruba? undecided is there that much friction between yoruba and hausa-fulani?
u people just view us wrongly angry angry
why blame us for everything that is wrong in nigeria angry
Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by aljharem(m): 7:32pm On Oct 27, 2010
@ namfav
what do you think is affecting us up north,
Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by jason12345: 7:38pm On Oct 27, 2010
namfav:

northers are uneducated, northerners are muslim (somehow the missionaries have associated evil with islam), we are ruthless, heartless and all the evil things have been labled for the north and these kinds of things are dangerous, i for 1 had a cousin that got killed in these types of violence its unnecessary and if we want to move forward we should stop labling other people like that, if you want to see how damaging these stereotypes are just look at america

jos has many people other than yorubas, i never considered most yorubas as our enemies

interesting, then how can we educate them, i mean pass on the message of peace?
Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by Tsiya(m): 8:48pm On Oct 27, 2010
@namfav-----are you hausa or fulani?

The reason why I ask this question is: a typical person from the Northern Nigeria will not spell Fulani the way you did?
Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by AndreUweh(m): 8:50pm On Oct 27, 2010
Sokoto, Zamfara and Kebbi states combined recorded less than ten thousand jamb application this year While Only Aboh, Ahiazu and Ezinihitte Mbaise LGA's recorded more than ten thousand.
Discuss.
Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 27, 2010
alj harem:

u people just view us wrongly angry angry
why blame us for everything that is wrong in nigeria angry
Ehrrm, am going to need you to chill.
I'm actually very interested in learning about the Northerners, esp the Fulanis.
Yes you're right, I do have many wrong views about you guys. . . . so am going to do my own patriotic duty and GET MORE INFORMED. You guys are exotic and unexplored.
Igbos and Yorubas should be greatly blamed too. . . . they're the ones that are more involved in scamming. grin
But this thread is not about pointing fingers.

So which one are you? Hausa, Fulani, or mixed?

namfav:

hehehe,  but some of them are right tho tongue
I was watching a documentary on Northerners and their politics. How some musics/artist are banned for the lil things.
This artist had his music banned because he said something like "may Allah deal with those who [politicians] are against me", lol, he asked why they banned it since his words weren't violent. He was just praying grin That was funny lol

I don't really know much about the relationship between Yorubas/ Hausa-Fulani. But I know there's not that much trust there.
Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 27, 2010
Yes, namfav, are you Hausa or fulani?
Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 27, 2010
@ The Northerners in here:

Do you guys agree with the VC's Ban on Hugging Female Students?

And why the ban? undecided
Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by aljharem(m): 10:30pm On Oct 27, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

@ The Northerners in here:

Do you guys agree with the VC's Ban on Hugging Female Students?

And why the ban? undecided
am a kanuri but was living in lagos
i don't know why they ban them
Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by Nobody: 10:55pm On Oct 27, 2010
alj harem:

am a kanuri but was living in lagos
i don't know why they ban them

Kanuri hmm

It's under the Sharia.

Not castigating your "law", just trying to understand why hugging females is a crime.
Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by aljharem(m): 11:01pm On Oct 27, 2010
that just the law, if ppl don't like it they should leave
Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 27, 2010
alj harem:

that just the law, if ppl don't like it they should leave

But why is it a crime?

Does hugging get you pregnant? Do men commit adultery by hugging? What is it?

Using hostility to answer a question wont make it go away undecided
Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by Odunnu: 4:19am On Oct 28, 2010
Tact is all we need.
Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by namfav(m): 7:14am On Oct 28, 2010
@ namfav
what do you think is affecting us up north,

the anti-northern sentiment is affecting the north, if you look at things how the north is getting blamed for everything it polarises every situation to its worst, it also divides the north in terms of its politics, somehow southerners are telling us who are our better leaders
Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by namfav(m): 7:18am On Oct 28, 2010
@namfav-----are you hausa or fulani?

The reason why I ask this question is: a typical person from the Northern Nigeria will not spell Fulani the way you did?
foulani
im used to spelling it like that
Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by namfav(m): 7:24am On Oct 28, 2010
hehehe, but some of them are right tho Tongue
I was watching a documentary on Northerners and their politics. How some musics/artist are banned for the lil things.
This artist had his music banned because he said something like "may Allah deal with those who [politicians] are against me", lol, he asked why they banned it since his words weren't violent. He was just praying Grin That was funny lol

I don't really know much about the relationship between Yorubas/ Hausa-Fulani. But I know there's not that much trust there.

its the little things that matter, mainstream politics and religion will never mix, ill never know what is the agenda of some of those musicians but the little things which go unnoticed have the potential to cause the moost damage

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Does "Aboki" Mean To You? / What Does this Mean In Yoruba? / Why The Igbo Will Also Commemorate Their Queen Moremi Ajesoro - Igbodefender.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.