Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy (13728 Views)

My Boerboel Dog Has 8 Breast Teats For 10 Puppies / Meet My Boerboel RIO / My Boerboel And Neapolitan Mastiff All Grown And Sexy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by newsynews: 12:05pm On Aug 22, 2019
IamAnderson:

yeah you can actually go to a vet shop and ask for puppy milk it's good for her at this age although you'll have to stop when she gets older.

what I advised was plain unsweetened yoghurt, if you can get it then give it to her sometimes, it's very good for puppies, it helps there immune system and strengthens there stomachs in case you have the type of puppy that picks rubbish from the floor, it'll help her resist bacteria more.
plus the calcium will also help her teeth and bones and it's also loaded with protein and it has low lactose which will resist the chances of her stooling because of the milk.
I usually give it to puppies like 3 times a week and they usually love it, try it with Jessy and see if she'll like it

I think I'll have to go to ShopRite to get Yoghurt because Jessy picks things from the floor a lot.
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by IamAnderson(m): 12:58pm On Aug 22, 2019
newsynews:

I think I'll have to go to ShopRite to get Yoghurt because Jessy picks things from the floor a lot.
make sure you get the unsweetened pure one not the type we usually drink from bottles or satchets.

and give it to her to drink few times a week(maybe 3-4 times) as a treat maybe in the morning.
just don't overdo it so she won't stool, regulate it and don't give her too much.
if you can't find it it's fine sha, it's not very necessary, it's just a good addition to a puppy's diet.
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by agboedeh: 2:10pm On Aug 22, 2019
newsynews:
The Rottweiler below is the Chief Security Officer of our compound. He belongs to my Landlord. Dude doesn't give a damn about anybody but the man, his wife and their son. Their daughter always look like a nutritious meal to him.

He's 10 years old and one of the best Rottweilers I've seen, nothing like those short and small headed ones flooding Nigeria today. He is tall and very lengthy. Did I talk about the head?

His cage is close to Jessy's cage. Jessy inherited the cage of the female Rottweiler which died last year.

Every time I go to feed Jessy, the aroma of the foetus makes him run mad. He starts wagging his tail, same dog that barks every time he sees me because I look like a roasted chicken to him. Once I'm done feeding Jessy and I start walking away, he starts barking to call my attention to another doggy stomach that needs foetus.

So what I do now is feed him the bones of the foetus I don't feed Jessy. He munches it excitedly. This didn't stop the silly dog from making a move on me last Saturday.

I thought he had been locked up in the morning, so I went out to see Jessy. As I was about opening her cage, I saw the monster walking behind me. I immediately panicked and ran, he dashed after me with a growl. I had to jump on a car. By the time I was safely on the car, I realized it had gone back. Perhaps, my panic made it dash after me. Maybe dude was already getting famiar with me due to the bones I was feeding him. But the dog is unpredictable, that's why I took for safety first.

Help welcome the guest on our show.

cheesy
lol..funny dog.
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by newsynews: 2:25pm On Aug 22, 2019
Pictures from today. Brought Jessy in to get familiar with my space. She tried destroying one or two things. Had to take her back to her cage.

1 Like

Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by newsynews: 9:37am On Aug 23, 2019
I couldn't sleep last night after I got the news that Jessy's sister has been sold. It was sold few hours before I headed to the place to make payment.

1 Like

Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by IamAnderson(m): 1:39pm On Aug 23, 2019
newsynews:

I couldn't sleep last night after I got the news that Jessy's sister has been sold. It was sold few hours before I headed to the place to make payment.
it's not all bad, it's better to mix separate litters together.
sibling dogs can have behavioural issues

1 Like

Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by newsynews: 6:51pm On Aug 23, 2019
Hi guys, there's something I would want you dog lovers to beware of.

Last night, I applied sniper insecticide in my kitchen because some cockroaches were bugging me. I also had plans to apply a little around Jessy's cage because I noticed that some flies love to perch on her plate.

This afternoon, I took Jessy into my apartment to explore a bit then we went into the kitchen. I didn't want her to leave the kitchen where I was because she might go urinate in one of the rooms. To prevent that, I had to close the kitchen door to keep us both inside.

Few seconds later, she started whining with her tongue out. I though she was just being a jerk and wanted to leave the kitchen. As soon as I was done in the kitchen, I took her to her cage. Immediately she got in, she rushed to her water bowl and lapped some drink and looked relieved.

When. I got back to the kitchen, I noticed the floor was a bit wet. I checked carefully to see if Jessy urinated there but couldn't find any of such. It was then I realized that the sniper smell from yesterday must have made her drool. Imagine if she had remained there for long. I'm just glad I didn't apply the insecticide around her cage as planned.

Keep Dogs away from Sniper.

1 Like

Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by johnnyn1(m): 9:33pm On Aug 23, 2019
Thanks for educating us.
Now not just dog, even our birds.

A friend sprayed his apartment overnight cos of cockroaches ..
At Morning he packed all dead cockroaches and pour outside, unfortunately his Chickens saw food and ate and within two minutes one of the chicken died instantly, the other survived due to fast act.

Sniper must be kept away from Kids, Pets and And all domestic animal around.
newsynews:

Last night, I applied sniper insecticide in my kitchen because some cockroaches were bugging me. I also had plans to apply a little around Jessy's cage because I noticed that some flies love to perch on her plate.

This afternoon, I took Jessy into my apartment to explore a bit then we went into the kitchen. I didn't want her to leave the kitchen where I was because she might go urinate in one of the rooms. To prevent that, I had to close the kitchen door to keep us both inside.

Few seconds later, she started whining with her tongue out. I though she was just being a jerk and wanted to leave the kitchen. As soon as I was done in the kitchen, I took her to her cage. Immediately she got in, she rushed to her water bowl and lapped some drink and looked relieved.

When. I got back to the kitchen, I noticed the floor was a bit wet. I checked carefully to see if Jessy urinated there but couldn't find any of such. It was then I realized that the sniper smell from yesterday must have made her drool. Imagine if she had remained there for long. I'm just glad I didn't apply the insecticide around her cage as planned.

Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by space9880: 7:06am On Aug 24, 2019
newsynews:

Dogs were never eating dry food in the wild. They ate food worse than foetus e.g dead and rotten animals.

Dry food is good but bad in the sense that they can be cancerous due to preservatives. They also make dogs fat which is unhealthy. Lets I forget, they make them have tartar in their teeth and bad breathe.

Raw and cooked food makes dogs grow at a natural rate and with a lean and healthy look.

I appreciate your contribution though.
wild and domesticated are too different things raw meat is best for dogs not foetus
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by space9880: 7:14am On Aug 24, 2019
Tellemall:
"Dogs in the wild". "WILD dogs"

Is your dog wild or domesticated?

Nigerians over do it for dogs. If you ask the people who created the boerboels what they feed them, you will realize that all this is unnecessary. I never wasted time deboning and crushing noodles etc for mine and it still got big as it should. The breed looks substandard in Nigeria because they're just petted and fed to get "big".

You're overfeeding them and just making them fat. Never seen a fit dog in Nigeria. They're always just overfed as if that's what ensures a big and healthy dog.

Anyway, more pics. Let's do this reality online show thingie.

you've never seen a fit dog in Nigeria?
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by space9880: 7:30am On Aug 24, 2019
newsynews:

why are you using sniper it has been banned
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by newsynews: 7:35am On Aug 24, 2019
space9880:
wild and domesticated are too different things raw meat is best for dogs not foetus

foetus is also raw meat.
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by Tellemall: 7:46am On Aug 24, 2019
space9880:

you've never seen a fit dog in Nigeria?

Not really, no.

They're usually fat/lousy with poor coats though overfed. Their shapes never show. You'll see boerboels looking fat and lousy, no musculature. A dog that should look intimidating looking daft. Especially the boerboels.

I understand that it's a thing of prestige in Nigeria to own an imported breed, a competition to see how much the owners can spend on some unnecessary things and brag about that, but please you guys are abusing the dogs by making them fat and docile!
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by frowland(m): 8:06am On Aug 24, 2019
IamAnderson:

dry food doesn't make your dog sick, it even helps in keeping them healthy.
tbh there is no amount of cow foetus and indomie you want to feed your pup that can compare to dry food and canned food.

it's your choice what you want to feed your pup sha but the fact is that the dry food is better than what you're cooking at home

Bolded is false. Dogs are canine and will look more healthier feeding off exclusively meat. There is a reason Gorrilamax is very expensive.
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by vincentjk(m): 8:47am On Aug 24, 2019
Tellemall:

Not really, no.

They're usually fat/lousy with poor coats though overfed. Their shapes never show. You'll see boerboels looking fat and lousy, no musculature. A dog that should look intimidating looking daft. Especially the boerboels.

I understand that it's a thing of prestige in Nigeria to own an imported breed, a competition to see how much the owners can spend on some unnecessary things and brag about that, but please you guys are abusing the dogs by making them fat and docile!

Keeping a breed like the boerboel in shape isn't easy at all, I tried it with mine but got tired and just fed my dog though he never grew overweight.

But there are fit dogs in Nigeria. Search Iwinosa boerboels, that man is doing wonders with the breed omg
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by Tellemall: 9:39am On Aug 24, 2019
vincentjk:

Keeping a breed like the boerboel in shape isn't easy at all, I tried it with mine but got tired and just fed my dog though he never grew overweight.

But there are fit dogs in Nigeria. Search Iwinosa boerboels, that man is doing wonders with the breed omg

I'm glad you're honest about it.

I kept my boerboel in such good shape you could see his muscles through his coat and he was feeding reasonable well, not overfed. His broad chest did not carry fat and when he walked if you were a thief you would fear. The lines on his body made him look powerful. For that reason I gave him a spiked collar, because he looked that badass. wink

This is why some breeds aren't for first time owners.

If you see a boerboel in South Africa you will know that what it looks like in Nigeria is a sham. The dogs weren't designed for show off, they were bred to live on farms and fight lions that strayed from the veldt, asseblief tog. I feel sickened and upset to see fat lousy boerboels. This breed in particular should look smart and bold. Here it's a competition of "mine is bigger than yours, I feed him crushed noodles and so so kilos of organs". Then you'll see the body so upsetting.

And it is due to feeding. People giving dogs eggs, removing bones, imagine that. Have you seen the jowls on Mastiffs? I gave mine bones from two months and there were hardly any bones he didn't like to crush and gnaw on in adulthood. The breed are designed to chew not to lap noodles.

I don't know why Nigerians are obsessed with them and they can't even keep them in good shape. Dogs are pets quite alright, but the pampering is sickening.
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by vincentjk(m): 10:19am On Aug 24, 2019
Tellemall:

I'm glad you're honest about it.

I kept my boerboel in such good shape you could see his muscles through his coat and he was feeding reasonable well, not overfed. His broad chest did not carry fat and when he walked if you were a thief you would fear. The lines on his body made him look powerful. For that reason I gave him a spiked collar, because he looked that badass. wink

This is why some breeds aren't for first time owners.

If you see a boerboel in South Africa you will know that what it looks like in Nigeria is a sham. The dogs weren't designed for show off, they were bred to live on farms and fight lions that strayed from the veldt, asseblief tog. I feel sickened and upset to see fat lousy boerboels. This breed in particular should look smart and bold. Here it's a competition of "mine is bigger than yours, I feed him crushed noodles and so so kilos of organs". Then you'll see the body so upsetting.

And it is due to feeding. People giving dogs eggs, removing bones, imagine that. Have you seen the jowls on Mastiffs? I gave mine bones from two months and there were hardly any bones he didn't like to crush and gnaw on in adulthood. The breed are designed to chew not to lap noodles.

I don't know why Nigerians are obsessed with them and they can't even keep them in good shape. Dogs are pets quite alright, but the pampering is sickening.

I agree with all you've said but some boerboels tend to develope muscles genetically whether worked or not, thereby making the owners lucky to have a ripped dog with tones of muscles without putting much effort aside feeding. I personally experienced this when i was a backyard breeder, sold a pup to a client in lagos and after many months to everyone's suprise, muscles formed and made the pup look fierce and the owner was finding it hard to convince me he didn't work his dog to archive that. I had to believe him because he doesn't seem to have enough time and space engage the dog in any training session.

Have you got any pic of the dog? Will like to see for myself
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by Leetvilla: 10:41am On Aug 24, 2019
newsynews:

News Flash

The owner of the parents I bought Jessy from just informed me that they still have a female and two males left in the litter. I'm seriously contemplating getting the female.

Price for the female, location, how old please?
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by newsynews: 11:19am On Aug 24, 2019
Leetvilla:

Price for the female, location, how old please?

Sorry, it's been sold already. However, the male which is the biggest in the picture I shared is still available.
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by newsynews: 11:28am On Aug 24, 2019
Jessy picks all sortnof junk from the ground e.g stones, sand, wood etc. To stop that bad habit, I bought a collar and chain to keep her stationary when she's out of her cage. I also bought an anti-tick collar but will have to wait till she's above 3 months before I put it on her.

Didn't intend buying the dog vitamins and minerals today but I had no choice because I'd been planning to do so.

Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by Tellemall: 11:34am On Aug 24, 2019
vincentjk:

I agree with all you've said but some boerboels tend to develope muscles genetically whether worked or not, thereby making the owners lucky to have a ripped dog with tones of muscles without putting much effort aside feeding. I personally experienced this when i was a backyard breeder, sold a pup to a client in lagos and after many months to everyone's suprise, muscles formed and made the pup look fierce and the owner was finding it hard to convince me he didn't work his dog to archive that. I had to believe him because he doesn't seem to have enough time and space engage the dog in any training session.

Have you got any pic of the dog? Will like to see for myself

Unfortunately I do not have ready pics on hand.

I used to work him. He learned to sit before he eats. By around 7 months he was pretty muscular and had developed an adult shape. Broad chest. Well defined muscles especially on his neck, chest and "biceps". The only giveaway was that he used to cry like a baby when I chained him. Initially I chained him to a table leg(trying to go easy on him and keep him close to the house) but had to shift him to the thatch because he broke the table leg(strength in mastiffs is amazing). But I did put effort into getting him into shape. Taking him to the kraal of a friend, play fighting and less food. I don't believe in feeding dogs like they are demigods. They are working animals. I simply give vaccines and let them be. I find it irritating that people follow dogs about, complaining that they eat things. They're dogs, what do you want them to do, walk on two legs and not eat dirty things? My dog was in love with the toilet bowl.

This guy you mentioned probably has enough leg room for his dog to run around and probably doesn't feed it so much. Did you observe the dog's environment? Does he release it to some place? Is he the only one who has contact with his dog?

Most people think owning dogs is just about them barking and eating and then displaying them to the public.

BTW, have you stopped breeding dogs?
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by vincentjk(m): 12:03pm On Aug 24, 2019
Tellemall:

I used to work him. He learned to sit before he eats. By around 7 months he was pretty muscular and had developed an adult shape. Broad chest. Well defined muscles especially on his neck, chest and "biceps". The only giveaway was that he used to cry like a baby when I chained him. Initially I chained him to a table leg(trying to go easy on him and keep him close to the house) but had to shift him to the thatch because he broke the table leg(strength in mastiffs is amazing). But I did put effort into getting him into shape. Taking him to the kraal of a friend, play fighting and less food. I don't believe in feeding dogs like they are demigods. They are working animals. I simply give vaccines and let them be. I find it irritating that people follow dogs about, complaining that they eat things. They're dogs, what do you want them to do, walk on two legs and not eat dirty things? My dog was in love with the toilet bowl.

This guy you mentioned probably has enough leg room for his dog to run around and probably doesn't feed it so much. Did you observe the dog's environment? Does he release it to some place? Is he the only one who has contact with his dog?

Most people think owning dogs is just about them barking and eating and then displaying them to the public.

Yes, I stopped breeding since 2016 when i got to understand that breeding isn't just about mating two dogs and for the money. we(my aunt and i) bred various non pedigree boerboels and sold to so many people and my dog Murphy is one of them. i can share few pictures of the ones i still have here, if you'll like to see them. Do you?

1 Like

Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by Tellemall: 12:11pm On Aug 24, 2019
vincentjk:

Yes, I stopped breeding since 2016 when i got to understand that breeding isn't just about mating two dogs and for the money. we(my aunt and i) bred various non pedigree boerboels and sold to so many people and my dog Murphy is one of them. i can share few pictures of the ones i still have here, if you'll like to see them. Do you?

I'll like to see. Everything dogs is welcome.

Breeding is delicate work. Much more than money and mating. Glad you've gotten to know that.

Hope people didn't come and beat you for the non-pedigree dogs? cheesy
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by newsynews: 12:35pm On Aug 24, 2019
Tellemall:

Hello,

be careful how you expect what works for you to work for others. Allowing dogs to pick things from the ground is dangerous because parvo is on the rise. Also, feeding dogs cooked bones is dangerous because a little splinter can damage the food passage.
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by Leetvilla: 1:29pm On Aug 24, 2019
newsynews:

Sorry, it's been sold already. However, the male which is the biggest in the picture I shared is still available.

Price, age and location please?
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by Tellemall: 2:46pm On Aug 24, 2019
newsynews:

Hello,

be careful
how you expect what works for you to work for others. Allowing dogs to pick things from the ground is dangerous because parvo is on the rise. Also, feeding dogs cooked bones is dangerous because a little splinter can damage the food passage.

What's your warning/threat for?
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by newsynews: 3:00pm On Aug 24, 2019
Tellemall:

What's your warning/threat for?

The word be careful is not a threat or warning, it's an advice. In this case, if you go about passing your own tested and trusted ideology as what every other dog owner must follow, you might be equally passing off an information that might be detrimental to other dogs.

You advised feeding of bones after cooking. All dog breeders and vet warn against such. It works for you because you haven't experienced the danger associated with such. That is why you are advising that others do the same. What will now happen when their dog choke on cooked bones and die? It works for you doesn't mean it is the generally accepted rule. That's why I said you need to be careful how you sell that idea because it could hurt an innocent dog somewhere out there.

No offence intended at all.
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by newsynews: 3:02pm On Aug 24, 2019
Leetvilla:

Price, age and location please?
Price is N80k cos they want to get rid of the male due to its excess feeding. Age is 10 weeks old Location Agege environs
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by newsynews: 3:24pm On Aug 24, 2019
Sights from the trip to the abattoir today. Saw a rugged looking dog feeding on scrap foetus. The dog knew not to go near the ones set aside by the butchers. To all those who love to say raw meat makes dogs wild and bite, how come this one who wallows in raw meat everyday doesn't bite nor aggressive?

Flamingoes also came to the meat party.

Saw some camels. Perhaps they are waiting to be slaughtered.

1 Share

Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by newsynews: 3:31pm On Aug 24, 2019
The guy in the picture below packs those dung for his daily bread. Imagine a grown guy doing that. It really touched me when I saw him place that bug bowl on his head. May God bless his hustle and give him rest.

Yet, some university boys who have a very bright future ahead of them are busy engaging in Yahoo fraud and money rituals, all because they are impatient and also lazy to do real work. They want the fast route to riches which they will spend on stupid girls that usually move on to the next fool when they go broke.

No matter how awful you feel your job is, try to show gratitude to God for it. In so doing, your status will be elevated.

5 Likes

Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by johnnyn1(m): 3:41pm On Aug 24, 2019
You can change the guy life by pushing this to social media and makes it trend..
Surely someone will ask for his whereabouts .
Let the World know that we do have honest youth who would do anything to hustle rather than to make money illegally.
newsynews:
The guy in the picture below packs those dung for his daily bread. Imagine a grown guy doing that. It really touched me when I saw him place that bug bowl on his head. May God bless his hustle and give him rest.

Yet, some university boys who have a very bright future ahead of them are busy engaging in Yahoo fraud and money rituals, all because they are impatient and also lazy to do real work. They want the fast route to riches which they will spend on stupid girls that usually move on to the next fool when they go broke.

No matter how awful you feel your job is, try to show gratitude to God for it. In so doing, your status will be elevated.
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by newsynews: 3:45pm On Aug 24, 2019
johnnyn1:
You can change the guy life by pushing this to social media and makes it trend..
Surely someone will ask for his whereabouts .
Let the World know that we do have honest youth who would do anything to hustle rather than to make money illegally.

Sadly, I didn't capture his face. Moreover, there are many like him doing the same work at the abattoir. So, it will be difficult to trace him. He's in God's hands.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

German Shepherd/beabull N Rottweiler Puppies (2 Months Old) For Sale-08077419869 / I Have A Pure Breed Puppies Caucassian,rot,neopoletan,mastive Dogs For Sale. / 8 Reasons Why Dogs Make The Best Pets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.