Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,302 members, 7,846,349 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

23 Megawatts Calabar Power Plant, A Dream Fulfilled- Ayade - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 23 Megawatts Calabar Power Plant, A Dream Fulfilled- Ayade (833 Views)

5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide / Kano's 10 Megawatts Independent Project Is At 90% Completion Stage (Pictures) / 3,050 Megawatts Mambilla Power Project In Taraba (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

23 Megawatts Calabar Power Plant, A Dream Fulfilled- Ayade by offiong187: 6:30pm On Aug 19, 2019
23 megawatts Calabar power plant, a dream fulfilled- Ayade

The dream of making Calabar, the capital of Cross River, the first city in the country to enjoy 24 hour uninterrupted power supply edged closer to reality at the weekend as the 23 megawatts power plant built by Governor Ben Ayade began to evacuate power to the city.
Ayade, who was on hand to witness the feat, described it as the fulfillment of a dream.
The visibly excited governor said the project like his other projects was not only borne out of passion but was simply a response to a divine calling.
According to him, “Cross Riverians can see my passion has not changed, so I wasn't doing this project because I was seeking re-election. I was doing what I was doing because I believed that that was what God brought me here to do. I am happy.
“Today I'm excited because it is the first time we are evacuating power to the public. My office has enjoyed steady power supply since the evacuation of power started.
“So interestingly, Calabar will be the first city to have uninterrupted power supply even as we get ready to commission our Calabar Smart City project that will also make it the first smart city in the country,”
He said the completion of the power plant shows that "the spirit of commitment was indeed stronger than any amount of money, because I don't know where Cross River would have got $25M to put up the plant with all that it required"
Governor Ayade assured the residents of the city that the cost of electricity from the plant will be affordable as according to him, Cross River will encourage the federal government to give her a discount to pay 22 percent of the cost of running the plant.
He disclosed that his administration is setting up a electricity meter production company in Obudu to supply meters to the people at no cost as part of social services to them.
"This power plant is not an investment, it is a social service. We just want to meet our basic consumption cost element and once we do that, we are fine.
“There can't be anything better with Christmas approaching and Calabar having 24hours electricity supply.”
The 23 megawatt power plant on test run evacuated power to the Governor’s Office, the state Water Board, Calabar Industrial Park, 8 Miles, Akai Efa, State Housing Estate as well as powering all the street light in the Calabar metropolis.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 23 Megawatts Calabar Power Plant, A Dream Fulfilled- Ayade by Raysleek: 6:36pm On Aug 19, 2019
Nice one. Redemption camp full generation capacity of 24MW. Steady power is possible Nigeria, each state should generate what they can afford. Don't depend solely on the national grid. If we break our problems into smaller parts it will be much easier to solve.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 23 Megawatts Calabar Power Plant, A Dream Fulfilled- Ayade by General0847: 6:37pm On Aug 19, 2019
Nice one Mr Governor.

1 Like

Re: 23 Megawatts Calabar Power Plant, A Dream Fulfilled- Ayade by Commentor: 7:06pm On Aug 19, 2019
Would be nice if it becomes reality.
Re: 23 Megawatts Calabar Power Plant, A Dream Fulfilled- Ayade by Horlufemi(m): 9:58pm On Aug 19, 2019
Commentor:
Would be nice if it becomes reality.

It's already a reality
Re: 23 Megawatts Calabar Power Plant, A Dream Fulfilled- Ayade by Sonoyom(m): 10:42pm On Aug 19, 2019
Ayade the scammer.
Re: 23 Megawatts Calabar Power Plant, A Dream Fulfilled- Ayade by Commentor: 10:56am On Aug 20, 2019
Horlufemi:

It's already a reality

There's 24 hour electricity?
Re: 23 Megawatts Calabar Power Plant, A Dream Fulfilled- Ayade by MudRaker: 11:06am On Aug 20, 2019
Not sustainable as the plant runs on diesel and what I do know, is the plant is no where near 23MW generating capacity.

The plant can serve only UNICAL.

As per being run on diesel, I don't see any DISCO loading from it as it will be more expensive to buy from this plant.
Re: 23 Megawatts Calabar Power Plant, A Dream Fulfilled- Ayade by offiong187: 4:19pm On Aug 21, 2019
Commentor:

There's 24 hour electricity?

In most parts of town yes.
Re: 23 Megawatts Calabar Power Plant, A Dream Fulfilled- Ayade by offiong187: 4:20pm On Aug 21, 2019
MudRaker:
Not sustainable as the plant runs on diesel and what I do know, is the plant is no where near 23MW generating capacity.

The plant can serve only UNICAL.

As per being run on diesel, I don't see any DISCO loading from it as it will be more expensive to buy from this plant.

Plant has been accessed by Phed and certified to generate 23MW. Also plant doesn't run on diesel but condemned oil.

Re: 23 Megawatts Calabar Power Plant, A Dream Fulfilled- Ayade by Collyweed: 5:01pm On Aug 21, 2019
23MW!

This is “I pass my neighbour” IPP.

(1) (Reply)

Port Harcourt, Rivers Capital Was Named After A Rapist / AGF's Press Statement On The Release Of Sowore And Dasuki / Amotekun: It’s Neither A Regional Army Nor Ethnic Agenda, Akeredolu Reaffirms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.