Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,839 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

EFCC Denies Planning To Plant Foreign Currencies At Ambode’s Residence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Denies Planning To Plant Foreign Currencies At Ambode’s Residence (7940 Views)

EFCC Denies Raiding Justice Mary Odili's Home / Femi Fani-Kayode Denies Planning To Marry Another Wife (Photos) / EFCC Denies Raiding Onnoghen's House, To Drag Fani-Kayode To Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Denies Planning To Plant Foreign Currencies At Ambode’s Residence by LegendVibes: 11:00am On Aug 21, 2019
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has denied planning to plant foreign currencies at the home of former governor of Lagos State, Akinwunmi Ambode.

The anti-graft agency’s operatives stormed Mr Ambode’s residence in his hometown of Epe on Tuesday morning following the freezing of the sum of N9.9 billion allegedly linked to him, Igbere TV reports.

They were soon greeted by angry protesters who prevented them from coming out of their vehicles.

In a statement on Tuesday by EFCC Head of Media and Publicity, Wilson Uwujaren, the commission said it obtained a valid warrant to search Ambode’s residence.

It said that its operatives were attacked and vehicle vandalised.

“The Commission had obtained valid warrant to conduct search on Ambode’s residences in Park View, Ikoyi and country home in Epe, as part of ongoing investigation of alleged malfeasance,” the statement began.

“However, the Commission’s operatives were attacked and prevented from executing the search warrant in Epe by irate youths who injured three officers and damaged EFCC official vehicle.

“The attack was totally unprovoked as the Commission’s operatives were civic and did not molest anybody.

“The Commission therefore frowns at the attempt to manipulate the video of the search to create the wrong impression that officers of the agency molested residents at the Epe home of the governor.

“It is also not true that the search, was an attempt to plant foreign currencies in the home of the former governor.”

Ambode has called for calm after the botched search at his Epe residence.

http://igberetvnews.com/917820/efcc-denies-planning-to-plant-foreign-currencies-at-ambodes-residence/

Re: EFCC Denies Planning To Plant Foreign Currencies At Ambode’s Residence by aolawale025: 11:12am On Aug 21, 2019
Nobody believes them!
Where are all such previous recovered money

7 Likes

Re: EFCC Denies Planning To Plant Foreign Currencies At Ambode’s Residence by Switruth: 12:03pm On Aug 21, 2019
But they said they didn’t conduct search there in the first place. Haba

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Denies Planning To Plant Foreign Currencies At Ambode’s Residence by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 21, 2019
Useless EFCC and failed APC government.

When will they plant foreign currencies in tinubu's apartment sef undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Denies Planning To Plant Foreign Currencies At Ambode’s Residence by ednut1(m): 1:43pm On Aug 21, 2019
Alpha beta scam and bullion van saga dey der. Start from there na

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Denies Planning To Plant Foreign Currencies At Ambode’s Residence by Fountainofyouth(f): 1:44pm On Aug 21, 2019
LegendVibes:

“The Commission therefore frowns at the attempt to manipulate the video of the search to create the wrong impression that officers of the agency molested residents at the Epe home of the governor.

http://igberetvnews.com/917820/efcc-denies-planning-to-plant-foreign-currencies-at-ambodes-residence/

From "we didn't go to Ambode's house" to "an attempt to manipulate the video" cos they were caught in the act.....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Denies Planning To Plant Foreign Currencies At Ambode’s Residence by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 21, 2019
Sad that people Blocked efcc FROM doing their job

Now, I don't support Tinubu, Buhari, et al. Infact, I wish APC and PDP leaders were in EFCC clutches. But the thing is, let us start from somewhere.

There are far too many corrupt people walking free today, because the minute EFCC moves in to investigate, people , especially those whose interests EFCC is acting in, start shouting that they are being persecuted.

So let EFCC investigate Ambode. Let's forget about this persecution thing. Because it is a clever trick used many times by politicans to escape prosecution.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Denies Planning To Plant Foreign Currencies At Ambode’s Residence by engrkaz(m): 1:44pm On Aug 21, 2019
Linus Mba Agency
Re: EFCC Denies Planning To Plant Foreign Currencies At Ambode’s Residence by after4: 1:45pm On Aug 21, 2019
Look at this people, were we expecting you to agree to that claim?
Re: EFCC Denies Planning To Plant Foreign Currencies At Ambode’s Residence by starbright4real(m): 1:45pm On Aug 21, 2019
gud day, pls i seriously need a job, i am a graduate of accounting (hnd) 07037799108
Re: EFCC Denies Planning To Plant Foreign Currencies At Ambode’s Residence by Keziehenry(m): 1:45pm On Aug 21, 2019
angry
Re: EFCC Denies Planning To Plant Foreign Currencies At Ambode’s Residence by busomma: 1:45pm On Aug 21, 2019
Truth is always the first casualty in this circumstance. Does it make sense that EFCC will plant foreign currency in order to make the honorable governor guilty? His lawyers are overplaying their hands if I may say.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Denies Planning To Plant Foreign Currencies At Ambode’s Residence by AutoReportNG: 1:45pm On Aug 21, 2019
Hmmm... They denied going to his house until when images and videos surfaced, now they are denying this.

Wetin Musa no go see for gate?
Re: EFCC Denies Planning To Plant Foreign Currencies At Ambode’s Residence by jrusky(m): 1:46pm On Aug 21, 2019
Will efcc accept wrong doing before?

Accept wrong doing is alien to Nigeria govt the present administration is the worst. Buhari govt has never till date accept any wrong doing so if their boys acted in likewise manner it's not new pls.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Denies Planning To Plant Foreign Currencies At Ambode’s Residence by Keziehenry(m): 1:46pm On Aug 21, 2019
Naijafull19:
Sad that people blOCKED efcc FROM doing their job

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Denies Planning To Plant Foreign Currencies At Ambode’s Residence by after4: 1:47pm On Aug 21, 2019
[quote author=busomma post=81465501]Truth is always the first casualty in this circumstance. Does it make sense that EFCC will plant foreign currency in order to make the honorable governor guilty? His lawyers are overplaying their hands if I may say.[/quote

Did you read the story the lawyers gave? What was in the blue bag and why didn't they allow the lawyer look at it?

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Denies Planning To Plant Foreign Currencies At Ambode’s Residence by natnoble(m): 1:48pm On Aug 21, 2019
Even a liar will not accept that he or she is a liar.
Re: EFCC Denies Planning To Plant Foreign Currencies At Ambode’s Residence by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 21, 2019
Keziehenry:

In 2009 , Delta people blacked EFCC from arresting James Ibori.

He was being persecuted , you know.

Several years later, they welcomed him back.

And Delta state is still heavily poor and broke.

So, if you want to attack me, sorry. I'm tired of hearing the 'They are persecuting me because I did this or that' excuse. APC or PDP...let's start from somewhere. Because people are suffering because of these politicans.

Modified....And whatever meme you post...I still stand by my post. All polticans must be investigated for corruption. And if it starts from here thanks.

Good afternoon.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Denies Planning To Plant Foreign Currencies At Ambode’s Residence by Thisis2raw(m): 1:50pm On Aug 21, 2019
Shei they first deny?
See what this govt parastatals how reduced themselves to. First they deny then they accept after video evidence
Re: EFCC Denies Planning To Plant Foreign Currencies At Ambode’s Residence by Sirpaul(m): 1:51pm On Aug 21, 2019
e pain dem
Re: EFCC Denies Planning To Plant Foreign Currencies At Ambode’s Residence by Jaypop22: 1:51pm On Aug 21, 2019
Who we go believe now?
Lawyers said EFCC
conducted a search
and EFCC are saying they
were prevented. But
Lawyers can lie shaoo.
Believe them at your own
perils. The other day Falana
told us that that Elzakyzaky one eye
was blind already and that he was
a living vegetable. This turned out to falsehood
The man was actually living in luxury to the extent that he preferred life in Buhari 's gulag than injections and drips in lndia.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Denies Planning To Plant Foreign Currencies At Ambode’s Residence by dreamwords: 1:57pm On Aug 21, 2019
Lol
Re: EFCC Denies Planning To Plant Foreign Currencies At Ambode’s Residence by simplesearch: 2:00pm On Aug 21, 2019
EFCC's ranting doesn't seems to add up, what's the ado all about? They purportedly traced the sum of 9.9b to a Man's account he denied ownership of the account, instead of using all the instrument of state at their disposal to nail him they instead resort to propaganda, this kind of quack investigation will erase whatever credibility is left with the organisation..
Re: EFCC Denies Planning To Plant Foreign Currencies At Ambode’s Residence by jrusky(m): 2:01pm On Aug 21, 2019
Naijafull19:

Now, I don't support Tinubu, Buhari, et al. Infact, I wish APC and PDP leaders were in EFCC clutches. But the thing is, let us start from somewhere.

There are far too many corrupt people walking free today, because the minute EFCC moves in to investigate, people , especially those whose interests EFCC is acting in, start shouting that they are being persecuted.

So let EFCC investigate Ambode. Let's forget about this persecution thing. Because it is a clever trick used many times by politicans to escape prosecution.

Bro hell No you got it wrong. Have you ask yourself why is it that anytime somebody is not in Apc or was in Apc planning to decamp it's them EFCC remember his house number for search and investigation

Bro what the hell make people like Akpabio being given ministerial appointment was efcc dead before his appointment?

What the hell make Baru a free man and ran away at age of 60 claiming retirement and a whooping $25billion went the drain pipe with no single question bro do you know the magnitude of the amount in question

Pls what the hell is it that Daura went away with confirmed N23Billion

Bro pls where is Meina? Bro what of Àlphabeta of Tinubu and the Buillion van that deserve no investigation bah

Pls bro shift one side ok. In all i have mentioned above was efcc dead

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Denies Planning To Plant Foreign Currencies At Ambode’s Residence by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 21, 2019
jrusky:

Bro hell No you got it wrong. Have you ask yourself why is it that anytime somebody is not in Apc or was in Apc planning to decamp it's them EFCC remember his house number for search and investigation

Bro what the hell make people like Akpabio being given ministerial appointment was efcc dead before his appointment?

What the hell make Baru a free man and ran away at age of 60 claiming retirement and a whooping $25billion went the drain pipe with no single question bro do you the amount in question

Pls what the hell is it that Daura went away with confirmed N23Billion

Bro pls where is Meina? Bro what of Àlphabeta of Tinubu and the Buillion van that deserve no investigation bah

Pls bro shift one side ok. In all i have mentioned above was efcc dead

I don't support Tinubu, APC or PDP

I don't even like all these corrupt polticans. Whatever their party

So, don't disturb me with your rant. It's not meant for me. You need it more.

All this persecution things...that's how they take deceive us. Even the APC poiliticans you don;t like.And quite frankly I am tired. Make they arreast all of them please.
Re: EFCC Denies Planning To Plant Foreign Currencies At Ambode’s Residence by MEGAWATCH: 2:06pm On Aug 21, 2019
Naijafull19:

This your let's start from somewhere is why we have bad leadership in Nigeria. Tell me a trend that has started in Nigeria and was later changed? Why can't we start well ones and for all in what we do in Nigeria.
Re: EFCC Denies Planning To Plant Foreign Currencies At Ambode’s Residence by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 21, 2019
MEGAWATCH:

This your let's start from somewhere is why we have bad leadership in Nigeria. Tell me a trend that has started in Nigeria and was later changed? Why can't we start well ones and for all in what we do in Nigeria.

So we should just let Ambode go because heis being persecuted...

The same way we have been letting a long list of polticans go because they are being persecuted....eh?

OK....let's not prosecute any corrupt person. Let us let all of them go. And please don't come complaining to me of bad governance and looters when those people you let go come and steal your patrimony and build their mansions and leave the rest of us broke.

(1) (2) (Reply)

INEC Insists On Nov 6 Anambra Guber Poll Despite IPOB’s Threats / Osun APC Reconciliation Team Meets Aregbesola, Oyetola / Peter Obi Disgraced Humiliated At Emir Of Ilorin Palace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.