Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,652 members, 7,813,195 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady (91777 Views)

Journalist In Syria Explains Why He Still Washes Dishes After Marrying 3 Wives / American Woman Adopts Yoruba Name After Marrying Nigerian (photos) / My Life After Marrying A Philippine Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by missyQween(f): 10:43am On Aug 25, 2019
It's pathetic that some women NO can't be NO and some men doesn't get it when a woman is not interested in you but in what you can give her.

May we not be with people who is using us to pass time and solve their boredom just because the people they want doesn't want them

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Toscarel: 10:44am On Aug 25, 2019
kingsleyds:
I will also love to hear your uncle story.. for me, I am just here to learn and to be honest, I have learnt something from this thread

We just have to be careful with the kinda ladies we plan to spend the restvof our lives with, some would end up as devils
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by healthserve(m): 10:44am On Aug 25, 2019
missyQween:
It's pathetic that some women NO can't be NO and some men doesn't get it when a woman is not interested in you but in what you can give her.

May we not be with people who is using us to pass time and solve their boredom just because the people they want doesn't want them

Excuse. Many of our mothers never wanted our fathers. Address disloyalty and greed of people.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by princfred(m): 10:50am On Aug 25, 2019
Ugosample:

because in the process of smashing
the devil can remember you
and then use the slay mama to finish you off

is it not smash that DAVIDO and Wizkid wanted to smash?

was smash and jaapa not the plan?

wetin happen las las? cheesy

Tho if you are smashing a more responsible babe
you are less likely to be dealt with (especially if you are in a committee relationship )

but as for dem slay mamas

flee

Lol. No be lie especially at that devil remembrance part. Maybe that's t the logic behind the biblical "flee".
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by DateMynd44(m): 10:52am On Aug 25, 2019
luvyaself95:
i don't get you what topic are you taking about ?
check the topic of this current thread I've mentioned u
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by stormborn28(m): 10:54am On Aug 25, 2019
Biglittlelois:

Isn't it obvious the contract job pays more than the federal job, his focus was the money not the security, his mumuism is certified.
hmmmmmm...you have just unlocked the puzzle
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by IMASTEX: 10:59am On Aug 25, 2019
onetouchconcept:
Hmmn.
Moral of the story.
Entrepreurship is the way to go. Even it is a side hustle, invest in it. All this contract/salary jobs cannot be over relied on.

As for the lady, it is obvious that her family did not approve of the marriage and she knew this, hence the reason why she took the kids there.

Las las, this is one side of the story. There is the lady's side too, and there is the truth. He should just move on and take any lesson he can from the marriage.

Time heals almost everything
Seconded
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by millionboi2: 11:07am On Aug 25, 2019
daddytime:
Hmmm...

Lesson learned he should move on with his life.

Money no fit buy true love.

Love wey money fit buy get expiry date.
Just as in dis case,his money bought him 4d time he can afford.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Adakintroy2: 11:09am On Aug 25, 2019
I always feel sorry for men that boastfuly declare "..with money you can buy any woman's love". Yes women love money. But just like the relationship between materialism, You may only buy their body not there heart.

Strive to win her heart honestly. If it work it works. If it doesn't well..
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by mrkel(m): 11:10am On Aug 25, 2019
My uncle's advice has always resonated with me vis-a-vis women. He told me " Never marry any woman whom you like more than she likes you. If not you'll be the only one watering the relationship".

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by orunmila144: 11:17am On Aug 25, 2019
your brother is the winner in all of this. he got 2 children out of her and now she can go and carry her stretch mark body and give to another man. now he has no responsibility seeing as she took the children with her. when the children are grown they will come looking for him he should just relax and never get married again and enjoy his single life. marriage is seriously overrated. he is a free man now. stay free

4 Likes

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by healthserve(m): 11:18am On Aug 25, 2019
orunmila144:
your brother is the winner in all of this. he got 2 children out of her and now she can go and carry her stretch mark body and give to another man. now he has no responsibility seeing as she took the children with her. when the children are grown they will come looking for him he should just relax and never get married again and enjoy his single life. marriage is seriously overrated. he is a free man now. stay free

100%
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by deltateam: 11:23am On Aug 25, 2019
Abo123:
I purposely registered a new name because of this story so that many people especially potential husbands can learn from this. I'll like to narrate the story in details so I want you to follow me.

It all started in 2011 when my brother got a contract job in Abuja. Then he met this lady when he went to our home town during a leave but she told him immediately that she can't date him because she's short but he kept persuading her as usual.

As time goes on she started crying that she is unable to pay her 300k school fees because her father is dead and her mum is not buoyant enough to continue the payment and she may withdraw as a result of this. So he offered to sponsor her education from 200level till she graduated and she agreed to date and later married her in 2014.

To make the long story short, he later got her and her two siblings well paid federal government job through his office and later got her a car. Less I forget that their marriage produced two children (a boy and a girl) in five years.

Unfortunately for him his contract job was terminated three months ago and he decided to give her 200k so that they can manage it for four months for food stuff and house keep but she told him that the money has been exhausted after two weeks. This caused a little quarrel and she decided to leave the house with both children and went to spend the week in a hotel.

This spark an annoyance of my family members and we decided to send two of our elderly brothers to her mum in our home town but the woman started sparking that she didn't wanted to marry him in the first place because he's short but she was the one that persuaded her to marry him.

They later had another quarrel last month and the lady took the children to her mum in the home town through a flat without informing the husband and any of our family member. So we decided not to call her and a court letter was issued to him for request of termination of the marriage.

Now the marriage is terminated and my brother is seriously depressed.

I really learnt a lot of lesson from this.

Op forget your lesson. Your brother was told upfront that she can't date him but he insisted and bought her with money. Now the money has finished to continue maintainance.

But who gives a woman 4 months allowance at a go! shocked
It seems your brother doesn't know what to do with money.

Feeding allowance is given on a weekly basis not 4 months at once.

Its unfortunate but the signs were there well spelt out from the beginning.

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 25, 2019
Ejiod:

You just spoke my mind.....
Na comment I de like read but you just nailed it. With deep experience especially with what is happening in Nigeria it's better to marry your own social class. Just imagine training and helping people and you haven't trained or helped yourself. These days marriage goes beyond feelings or attractions.Marriage is all about building each other... who feelings help.
To me marriage na private partnership company. Na 50:50 the way oyibos they do am....

Hehehehe. People wey wan dey do that kind love should go on o. Financial compatibility is a must for me after ticking all the supposedly non-materialistic qualities.

I don't need any man to train me in school, my parents have done that. Just meet me halfway biko.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by mceze(m): 11:48am On Aug 25, 2019
Greatzeus:
I am a writer and I read books a lot and I love books. When I read a real non cooked up story I know. It goes beyond grammar. This right here is a true story from a heavy heart .
Oh my this is deep,what can a single guy do? It's not like he can see the future or the real intent of his supposed wife to be,may God have mercy on all single guys reading this. The heart of man or woman as the case may be is truly wicked and deceptive cry

True talk bro, Am also a writer, pls contact me-ezemichaelchukwudi@gmail.com..Thanks!
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by luvyaself95(m): 11:51am On Aug 25, 2019
DateMynd44:
check the topic of this current thread I've mentioned u
got you now, that part of what am telling you i almost fall into this hell too although am not married.
that time my mind and brain quickly control me before my life got ruin...

2 Likes

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by mceze(m): 11:56am On Aug 25, 2019
PatrickOkunima:

The thing surprise me too o.

The brother is a stupid man..He did not fix his siblings, but his in-laws?
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by kapelvej: 12:08pm On Aug 25, 2019
I salute the lady for letting him go on time with dealing with him emotionally and cheating and all those silly stuff. Your brother should be happy, at least this is not his fault, he has done his part. If the lady is a human being, five years of marriage is enough to fall in love with your brother even if there was no love at the beginning
Also, YOUR BROTHER MUST NOT FAIL TO TELL HIS CHILDREN WHY THEIR MOTHER LEFT HIM. lastly, what about her siblings that your brother helped, what did they say?
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Revolva(m): 12:19pm On Aug 25, 2019
Shine your eyes brother oo we are in a very perilous times

Never you invest in any lady that you have not married

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Blissbath(f): 12:22pm On Aug 25, 2019
Such is life...
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by DateMynd44(m): 12:25pm On Aug 25, 2019
luvyaself95:
got you now, that part of what am telling you i almost fall into this hell too although am not married.
that time my mind and brain quickly control me before my life got ruin...
as in eh if the op's bros no get better counselling he fit commit suicide.
I was so weak and sissy for these women till I got strong back up from u guys.
my hustling income is for myself and my upkeep, my parents and my guys. woman is a no no for me now. and I ain't getting married soon till I meet the right lady who is already established financially and will contribute to the growth of the family not just one idle slay queen that will name herself housewife and be solely relying on me as the breadwinner.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 25, 2019
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Zeezenho: 12:43pm On Aug 25, 2019
You brother is a corrupt man.he used his office to secure federal job that is meant for more qualified candidates,now its pay back time. he was sacked for been corrupt and the people he helped sacked him too.bro the wages of sin is deaths.tell him to repent or he will never recorver.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by THUNDER4real(m): 12:48pm On Aug 25, 2019
It's better to marry someone that loves you more than you love her.. Your bro, was deceived because he loved her more than she loved him.
men should be using their brains.

once a lady complain of one thing and say she doesn't want a person with that feature, the best thing is to leave the lady alone and find another who will accept you the way you are.

2 Likes

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by boomssey(f): 1:01pm On Aug 25, 2019
daddytime:
Hmmm...

Lesson learned he should move on with his life.

Money no fit buy true love.

Love wey money fit buy get expiry date.
well said.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by luvyaself95(m): 1:01pm On Aug 25, 2019
DateMynd44:
as in eh if the op's bros no get better counselling he fit commit suicide.
I was so weak and sissy for these women till I got strong back up from u guys.
my hustling income is for myself and my upkeep, my parents and my guys. woman is a no no for me now. and I ain't getting married soon till I meet the right lady who is already established financially and will contribute to the growth of the family not just one idle slay queen that will name herself housewife and be solely relying on me as the breadwinner.
Come have a sit with me here and Take 6 cans of origin. you just get the point now.
one more, no matter how much money your wife have you're always the breadwinner don't let take that away from you cos in the end it will be bring insult and harassment to you...
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by missyQween(f): 1:15pm On Aug 25, 2019
healthserve:

Excuse. Many of our mothers never wanted our fathers. Address disloyalty and greed of people.

Talk about people you know. What's with the " Our" sad
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by NwaliE01: 1:18pm On Aug 25, 2019
vickydevoka:

N when u do wan happens. Mumu as if anyone plans to loose their job
Your fathers are MUMU
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by bentwood85(m): 1:49pm On Aug 25, 2019
larryking540:

yeah I feel u my person
no matter how u understand estimate it marriage between equal social call is the best,
my own little short story, my mom also quite her marriage exactly like dis, after my p man don sponsor her tru school, she got a job and started working na so she move out, thank God we still stood with my old man,till date,few weeks ago I got angry and asked my mom watin make her leave she said man father was treating her like a slave, and I asked but he sponsored u tru school and my mom said I quote he should tell me how much he spent and I will pay him back, my dear I weak, I only now understand she was actually looking for freedom,
I pray for her to have a long life and a prosperity career my brother but she messed up

2 lessons I learnt,
never marry a lady outside ur social class,
ur family first before u sponsor anybody,
if it's a female pls hustle to assist ur family, and not after getting married u will start diverting ur husband money to ur family members,

I wouldn't b surprise if the op wife don buy land already

My heart bleed after reading the bolted.. Like someone said on this forum " women settle for the highest bidder when it come to marriage" even though they don't love that man. Marriage nowadays is overrated, how I wish I can remain single and young forever.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 25, 2019
Abo123:
I purposely registered a new name because of this story so that many people especially potential husbands can learn from this. I'll like to narrate the story in details so I want you to follow me.

It all started in 2011 when my brother got a contract job in Abuja. Then he met this lady when he went to our home town during a leave but she told him immediately that she can't date him because she's short but he kept persuading her as usual.

As time goes on she started crying that she is unable to pay her 300k school fees because her father is dead and her mum is not buoyant enough to continue the payment and she may withdraw as a result of this. So he offered to sponsor her education from 200level till she graduated and she agreed to date and later married her in 2014.

To make the long story short, he later got her and her two siblings well paid federal government job through his office and later got her a car. Less I forget that their marriage produced two children (a boy and a girl) in five years.

Unfortunately for him his contract job was terminated three months ago and he decided to give her 200k so that they can manage it for four months for food stuff and house keep but she told him that the money has been exhausted after two weeks. This caused a little quarrel and she decided to leave the house with both children and went to spend the week in a hotel.

This spark an annoyance of my family members and we decided to send two of our elderly brothers to her mum in our home town but the woman started sparking that she didn't wanted to marry him in the first place because he's short but she was the one that persuaded her to marry him.

They later had another quarrel last month and the lady took the children to her mum in the home town through a flat without informing the husband and any of our family member. So we decided not to call her and a court letter was issued to him for request of termination of the marriage.

Now the marriage is terminated and my brother is seriously depressed.

I really learnt a lot of lesson from this.

A woman in love with you will never be after your money.

He failed it when she demanded for school fees and he obligated to pay N300,000 even before she agreed to date him.

Love is UNCONDITIONAL.

If she gives conditions, she is the wrong one.

Seriously N200k for 4 months means N50k per month for food. And she couldn't manage it.

Your brother was very EXTRAVAGANT.

Did he build house in a Town when all these money were falling ? Does he own a self and rental property ?

Did he prepare for the rainy day ?
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Awe4luv(m): 1:59pm On Aug 25, 2019
engrchykae:
my dear we do see the intentions of women from the onset but we fatally ignore these signs.
i had my own experience,i ignored the signs but yet it happened.
what am saying is that guys should run when they see the early signs.
finally I found someone in thesame boat as me, lol....I saw it ....I saw it infact three days after she agreed, but I ignored, guess what, I suffer am well, but now na my new fiancee dey suffer am, I dey do but I no dey too do again.....I still love that idiot more anyways
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Awe4luv(m): 2:01pm On Aug 25, 2019
Elliot2:
No be small thing. I no to believe in jazz o,but this one weak me. Dude fought away all extended family members just cos of her. Dude is now saying he felt like a scale fell from his eyes. lol.
Go and listen to when as man loves a woman, sang by Micheal Bolton, the black race is designed to believe in too many juju, na people like you will tell me sango was responsible for the thunder strike at the PGA tour

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

What The Law Says About Next-of-kin In Nigeria / Fantasising In My Marriage. / Should The Man Pay It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.