Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,232 members, 7,811,649 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady (91756 Views)

Journalist In Syria Explains Why He Still Washes Dishes After Marrying 3 Wives / American Woman Adopts Yoruba Name After Marrying Nigerian (photos) / My Life After Marrying A Philippine Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 25, 2019
Hypergamy doesn’t care.

Every man should read “The Rational Male” to avoid stories like this.

2 Likes

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Paulo3ree(m): 8:10am On Aug 25, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
Blame your brother. I thought most of you go by the mantra "Make money and you'll marry any woman of your choice?" the moral lesson in your story is that a lady could love your money and not love you. That was exactly what played out and crashed their marriage.

Secondly, his inability to invest. If he had invested part of his salary, he won't have had reasons to fight over 200k 'cause I am sure he was giving her more than that of which she never accounted for. She realized he wasn't doing so well, so her reason for the disrespect.
If you think the man is financially bursted then you're wrong, just a test and an approach to achieving his aim properly.
Shame on the woman, he should go for DNA when he is back on his feet

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Bbbwings: 8:20am On Aug 25, 2019
Op thinks we will feel sorry for his brother.
Lai Lai tufiakwa.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by vickydevoka(m): 8:22am On Aug 25, 2019
NwaliE01:
A precised lesson; never loose your job.
N when u do wan happens. Mumu as if anyone plans to loose their job
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by healthserve(m): 8:23am On Aug 25, 2019
blesskewe:
Money can't buy love
Entrepreneurship is key.
Atleast have a side source of income

Tell them to invest in side investment,no matter how legitimate it is, they'll call you a fraud. People like to learn the hard way
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by princfred(m): 8:25am On Aug 25, 2019
Ugosample:

all you listed up there are the problems
none exempt

when I tell young men to stay away from hoes and reckless formulation
people would think I'm a killjoy.

Such behaviours are the devils tool of derailing men from their purpose undecided

do not smash, come close to, or marry women like these

when you see them
jaapa

Why not smash small before jaapa?

2 Likes

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by princfred(m): 8:26am On Aug 25, 2019
healthserve:

Tell them to invest in side investment,no matter how legitimate it is, they'll call you a fraud. People like to learn the hard way
He invested in womanity got profit of two kids before the company folded.

3 Likes

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by healthserve(m): 8:28am On Aug 25, 2019
princfred:

Bros I get them plenty, they abuse every opportunity that cones across their way, calling it scam. Imagine if this guy had two keke and two okada delivering daily to him. With the job profile, he can easily afford this things I mentioned in just three months. Men should know marriage is a project and GI into it with as much alternatives as possible. Or do these men think Toto no dey sweet single guys wet dey take their time too?

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by PapaAdanna: 8:30am On Aug 25, 2019
Ur brother is to be blamed bro

The lady made it clear that she doesn't want him and he struggled to pacify her to marry him

Love is never forced neither loyalty!
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by isibor266: 8:32am On Aug 25, 2019
He secured the wife and sibling a good paying federal job and he remained at his contact Job? Ogbeni gbe sense eh.

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by wellmax(m): 8:36am On Aug 25, 2019
Wallade:

I assume you are not Nigerian. I see a lot of good English written by Nigerians so I would rather you don't generalise your statement.

Well, we have great writers of course, but what I read from Nigerian graduates today leaves one wondering if they actually took time to learn the language.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by eme2015(m): 8:40am On Aug 25, 2019
Abo123:
I purposely registered a new name because of this story so that many people especially potential husbands can learn from this. I'll like to narrate the story in details so I want you to follow me.

It all started in 2011 when my brother got a contract job in Abuja. Then he met this lady when he went to our home town during a leave but she told him immediately that she can't date him because she's short but he kept persuading her as usual.

As time goes on she started crying that she is unable to pay her 300k school fees because her father is dead and her mum is not buoyant enough to continue the payment and she may withdraw as a result of this. So he offered to sponsor her education from 200level till she graduated and she agreed to date and later married her in 2014.

To make the long story short, he later got her and her two siblings well paid federal government job through his office and later got her a car. Less I forget that their marriage produced two children (a boy and a girl) in five years.

Unfortunately for him his contract job was terminated three months ago and he decided to give her 200k so that they can manage it for four months for food stuff and house keep but she told him that the money has been exhausted after two weeks. This caused a little quarrel and she decided to leave the house with both children and went to spend the week in a hotel.

This spark an annoyance of my family members and we decided to send two of our elderly brothers to her mum in our home town but the woman started sparking that she didn't wanted to marry him in the first place because he's short but she was the one that persuaded her to marry him.

They later had another quarrel last month and the lady took the children to her mum in the home town through a flat without informing the husband and any of our family member. So we decided not to call her and a court letter was issued to him for request of termination of the marriage.

Now the marriage is terminated and my brother is seriously depressed.

I really learnt a lot of lesson from this.
such is life
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by princfred(m): 8:41am On Aug 25, 2019
healthserve:

Bros I get them plenty, they abuse every opportunity that cones across their way, calling it scam. Imagine if this guy had two keke and two okada delivering daily to him. With the job profile, he can easily afford this things I mentioned in just three months. Men should know marriage is a project and GI into it with as much alternatives as possible. Or do these men think Toto no dey sweet single guys wet dey take their time too
Lol
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by princfred(m): 8:42am On Aug 25, 2019
isibor266:
He secured the wife and sibling a good paying federal job and he remained at his contact Job? Ogbeni gbe sense eh.
grin
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by gloryglest(f): 8:43am On Aug 25, 2019
One thing that scares me about marriage is getting married to someone that doesn't love me. Sad story..I pray God helps him heal quickly
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Nthrone(m): 8:44am On Aug 25, 2019
palmshots:

But still they won't Listen...How are they even certain the guy Really fathered those kids... Smh

I doubt the guy fathered those kids since she didn't like the guy stature, she won't want it in her kids .fear women
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Goovo(m): 8:45am On Aug 25, 2019
stag:
Is the only problem here losing his job, money?

- No stories of infidelity on her part?
- Had there been relative peace since the marriage?
- Can we then say that, apart from her love of money, she was a good wife?

But bro, how can your brother be in a contract job and he fixed two of his in-laws in ‘well-paying’ Federal Government jobs with job security while he worked in a place without job security?
I wanted to ask same question
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by SirBunky85(m): 8:50am On Aug 25, 2019
stag:
Is the only problem here losing his job, money?

- No stories of infidelity on her part?
- Had there been relative peace since the marriage?
- Can we then say that, apart from her love of money, she was a good wife?

But bro, how can your brother be in a contract job and he fixed two of his in-laws in ‘well-paying’ Federal Government jobs with job security while he worked in a place without job security?
very logical and smart of you.most of these Ops take us as being too gullible to swallow their half-baked stories hook,line and sinker

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by IMASTEX: 8:52am On Aug 25, 2019
successmatters:
Moral of the story, never lose your job.
Why did the husband sponsor her education & gave her FG job. If not for financial security from both ends?

Your remarks can only increase baby Mama's already over saturated.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Gokey15: 8:54am On Aug 25, 2019
How? Did you not read from the narrative that he forced himself on the lady?

The man rent the lady's heart with money and once money stopped, the woman returned to her senses.

If you no pay your rent, what do you think would happen.

akinade28:
The lady is a golddigger sha, she didnt know he was short the first five years of the marriage when there was money? even if she was persuaded to marry him, was she forced? She could have said no and insisted she not marrying him. I think it is just a flimsy excuse to leave the marriage
I feel for your bro, It is so obvious the woman only married him out of pity because of his money and in order to repay the assistance render to her not because she loved him.
My opinion is that life is so unpredictable, that why careful consideration needs to be taken when choosing a spouse. Marriage is more than i have money or beauty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by DateMynd44(m): 8:54am On Aug 25, 2019
luvyaself95:
I didn't say you shouldn't help her what am trying to say is think it very well before you do it...
yeah but this particular topic here weak me bro
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by DateMynd44(m): 8:57am On Aug 25, 2019
princfred:
lmao grin
gosh see as this woman do make OP brother don turn object of mockery.
this topic just increased my hatred for naija girls.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by ubanigrant15: 8:58am On Aug 25, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuu_aLGt4CY Let's join hands and fight insecurity in Nigerai
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by tunjilana: 9:04am On Aug 25, 2019
It is important for a man to know the reason why he is being "loved" by his woman.

When you wanna marry, even if u marry someone that loves u for your ability to provide, it is best to be sure and hold that reality very dear, it will guide you in many way

1- You will prepare your heart that all you have is a baby mama and not a wife
2- You wont expect much from her and if you are rational you wont also deposit much in her, because if you cant fall back to her when you are down, why then should you over empower her
3- Your focus will be to get her her needs and you wont go out of your way to make sacrifices for her
4- The energy or expenses you would have put on grooming her to be better will be used to groom yourself or diversify your earnings, so you are always miles ahead of her

*Most men dont take their time to know why they are bn loved. And they only get to know the truth when the chips are down and they have deposited all of their life into the woman with the assumption they are grooming a backup for themselves

* You got to adapt to your enemy...It is the best survival strategy. Marriage isnt rosy...wisdom is required...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by chinedumoooo: 9:12am On Aug 25, 2019
The man should by now know that life in full of ups and downs,he is alive and embedded with energy and knowledge,he should focus on way of surviving both financially and otherwise.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by luvyaself95(m): 9:16am On Aug 25, 2019
DateMynd44:
yeah but this particular topic here weak me bro
i don't get you what topic are you taking about ?
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by TotoNaRubber: 9:20am On Aug 25, 2019
Your brother's motive for going to court was divorce only?
Ask him to get an advise from a good lawyer, he has 50 percent paternal rights to tje children just like the mother. He should man up.

Abo123:
I purposely registered a new name because of this story so that many people especially potential husbands can learn from this. I'll like to narrate the story in details so I want you to follow me.

It all started in 2011 when my brother got a contract job in Abuja. Then he met this lady when he went to our home town during a leave but she told him immediately that she can't date him because she's short but he kept persuading her as usual.

As time goes on she started crying that she is unable to pay her 300k school fees because her father is dead and her mum is not buoyant enough to continue the payment and she may withdraw as a result of this. So he offered to sponsor her education from 200level till she graduated and she agreed to date and later married her in 2014.

To make the long story short, he later got her and her two siblings well paid federal government job through his office and later got her a car. Less I forget that their marriage produced two children (a boy and a girl) in five years.

Unfortunately for him his contract job was terminated three months ago and he decided to give her 200k so that they can manage it for four months for food stuff and house keep but she told him that the money has been exhausted after two weeks. This caused a little quarrel and she decided to leave the house with both children and went to spend the week in a hotel.

This spark an annoyance of my family members and we decided to send two of our elderly brothers to her mum in our home town but the woman started sparking that she didn't wanted to marry him in the first place because he's short but she was the one that persuaded her to marry him.

They later had another quarrel last month and the lady took the children to her mum in the home town through a flat without informing the husband and any of our family member. So we decided not to call her and a court letter was issued to him for request of termination of the marriage.

Now the marriage is terminated and my brother is seriously depressed.

I really learnt a lot of lesson from this.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by BigJoe19: 9:26am On Aug 25, 2019
alexvatt:
And how are you u sure they are ur children? Have u done DNA test?
I sure did a DNA and I did it without her knowing, I ain't foolish.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by BigJoe19: 9:26am On Aug 25, 2019
alexvatt:
And how are you u sure they are ur children? Have u done DNA test?
I sure did a DNA and I did it without her knowing, I ain't from foolish.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Ugosample(m): 9:27am On Aug 25, 2019
princfred:

Why not smash small before jaapa?

because in the process of smashing
the devil can remember you
and then use the slay mama to finish you off

is it not smash that DAVIDO and Wizkid wanted to smash?

was smash and jaapa not the plan?

wetin happen las las? cheesy

Tho if you are smashing a more responsible babe
you are less likely to be dealt with (especially if you are in a committee relationship )

but as for dem slay mamas

flee

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

What The Law Says About Next-of-kin In Nigeria / Fantasising In My Marriage. / Should The Man Pay It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.